The Ninth Step - Truth Will Out

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fdkman262
fdkman262
260 Followers

I was, naturally, skittish about women so I didn't really date for about six months after the final decree. Oh I went out for dinner once in a while with women I was set up with by friends but nothing ever came of it. I wasn't interested, to be honest. I think it was too soon but my friends couldn't stand to see me 'alone'. I decided to go back to school to take some specialized classes for my job. There I met a nice woman and we dated off and on for almost a year. Both of us were coming off divorces so we had a lot of common experiences. We didn't get intimate because we knew we weren't right for each other but we did enjoy going out to eat and to the movies once or twice a month. It was nice to interact with a woman and *not* have to worry about trying to get into her pants. She finally met a guy who she did want to date seriously and we parted as friends. We still talk regularly and I've been invited to her wedding.

It had been two years since the divorce when I decided that I wanted to try dating again. I decided to try online dating. I know, it sounds geeky or pathetic, but I didn't know a lot of women and had already dated all the recommendations from friends and relatives. I signed up with a site that matched people up based on a very extensive questionnaire, I'm sure you've heard of it. It took two months but I was matched with two women; one who was younger and one who was older than me.

I contacted the younger one first. She was a great person and we had a really nice time but we didn't 'click' if you know what I mean. I set up a meeting with the older woman and I knew she was the one from the minute I set eyes on her. For me, the chemistry between us was electric; you could almost see sparks when I touched her hand. I found out later that she felt the same way. We talked all night and had to be thrown out of the restaurant so they could close. We moved our date to a nearby bar and talked for another three hours!

Suffice it to say we 'clicked' and started dating seriously right away. Lisa was two years older than me and I think her maturity turned me on as well. She'd recently been divorced too but, unlike me, she had gotten married too young and they had just grown apart. She's still friends with her ex. I've met him and he seems like a nice guy but I'm glad it didn't work out between them. I proposed after three months and nine months after that we were married. We celebrated our first anniversary with Lisa telling me we were going to be parents. All in all my life has turned out very well. I've found a woman I love more than I ever loved Janet and I know she loves me the same. I'd say we're as close to 'soul mates' as any two people can be.

Oh, for those of you wondering what happened with Janet, I saw her engagement notice in the paper the other day. The notice said they expect to marry in the fall. I wish her good luck.

End

Copyright fdkman262 © 2007

fdkman262
fdkman262
260 Followers