The One for Me Ch. 01-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

I had worked at the Company for over a year then, one day the most amazing man walked in. He was tall, handsome, and brawny. I was entranced and for a while could not take my eyes off of him. Then once I remembered where I was, I took control of my raging hormones and forced myself to focus on my job.

Chapter 2

Ross

At work, I have the most annoying nickname, Preach. You see, even though I am not as religiously fanatical as some, I still follow the teachings of the bible.

At the end of my first week at work, Mr. Smith called me into his office. He's one of the head deacons in the PAE and great friends with my Dad.

On my way into his office she stopped me. "Excuse me, can I help you?" she asked in a soft voice.

I turned and look into the eyes of the most beautiful woman that took my breath away.

My throat froze and I couldn't speak for a moment. "Deacon Smith called me to his office." I croaked. She seemed taken aback and unsure of my response.

"Oh," she replied with a puzzled look on her face. "You mean Mr. Smith. I'll let him know you're here, Mr. ..." she paused.

"Ross, Ross Thompson," I quickly responded.

She smiled and my heart skipped a beat. I'd had never seen a more beautiful woman. I was dumbfounded as she went to alert her boss.

"You can go in now, Mr. Thompson. Mr. Smith is waiting for you." She said in her sweet voice.

I didn't move. I couldn't move. I was mesmerized by her loveliness, completely dumbfounded for a moment.

"Mr. Thompson" she queried, "Are you alright?"

"Shaking my head to clear the cobwebs, "I'm sorry, just distracted. He's ready to see me."

She smiled and looked away for a second. "Yes. Please go in,"

I turned to leave and she went back to her desk.

I walked into Deacon Smith's office, not sure what to expect.

He greeted me with a hug. He asked me about my apartment and how I was adjusting.

"Well, the people here are friendly. I am joining the guys for a pool game at Cedric's later on.

Deacon Smith frowned. You see, in our church, you are not supposed to hang around people who are not apostolic. With me being the son of a head minister, I certainly knew the reasons why in detail.

"Well, I know you are young son, but you must be careful." Deacon Smith advised me.

"Yes, sir. I know and I am." I replied annoyed because I really didn't agree with their ideas.

I thought about my parents for a moment and the beautiful girl I'd briefly met. I knew they wouldn't approve of her because unless she was Apostolic, dating her would not be allowed. I've dated several girls that didn't go to our church, and not surprisingly, my Mom had a problem with each one. The main problem being, they were not from our church. However, at this moment, it didn't matter. I didn't care if she was Atheist, I wanted to get to know the beautiful young woman I'd met briefly.

I wanted to ask Deacon Smith about her, but he wanted to see if I was adjusting to my position and being away from home.

Of course that night I ended up joining his family for dinner. Hemade a conference call to my Dad to inform him that he'd take me under his wing and keep me on the straight and narrow.

Darn it! I thought Will I ever get away from church people? I want to be able to see what else is out there.then I thought about the browned skinned beauty from the office. I never asked her name.

Deacon Smith and his family are nice people, and I really enjoy spending time with them. Well, I endured the dinner and then went back to my apartment.

The next morning at work, Deacon Smith walked up to my desk and asked me to stop by his office on my break.

Anna

I was returning from the break room when he walked in and headed for Mr. Smith's office. I had to stop him, but when he told me his name, my insides melted. Wow! His voice is as perfect as then rest of him.

As good looking as he is, he'd never notice a girl like me. I smiled politely and told Ross that I'd let Mr. Smith know he was waiting.

He went into the office and stayed for a while, and then he left. I heard Mr. Smith telling him what time to be at their house for dinner.

The day was almost over when Mrs. Smith called and invited me to dinner. I knew Ross would be there and didn't want to intrude, so I declined.

I arrived at work this morning ready to go. I like working for Mr. Smith. He and his family treat me like one of their own kids. Sometimes, I feel envious of their kids. They are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. Last night, when I declined the dinner invitation, I felt guilty for a moment.

Mr. Smith has asked me to meet with him this morning. I already know, he'll ask why I missed the dinner. He will wonder what is going on with me. It's nothing, I just... Well, my parents never... All that love and togetherness really gets to me sometimes.

Well, I will just tell him the truth. They were inviting a special guest, a family friend, and I didn't want to intrude.

"Annalise, get in here." Mr. Smith voice booms into the intercom. Quickly, I enter his office, note pad and pen in hand. "Annalise, how long have you worked for me?"

"A year and a half sir." I answered, wondering where this was going.

"How many dinners have you had with my family?" he asked.

I knew it! He was upset that I missed the dinner. My heart pounded as I chewed on my bottomlip. I could not stand it if Mr. Smith was upset with me. I decided to explain why. "Mr. Smith, you and your family have been so kind to me, but sometimes I feel like an intruder. Truthfully, I knew you were having dinner with a family friend and I didn't want to..." I dropped my head. I could not continue.

I knew that he and his family were being nice to me simply because they were kind people, but for some reason to have him express the level of concern he was showing me was a bit too much. My own parents were not that concerned about my whereabouts. They left me in the city to fend for myself.

They told me they were headed to Africa when they left. My mother finally called me after they had been gone for several weeks to check in and see if I needed anything else from them.

I remember crying, and telling my Mom I needed to see them. She said with impatience in her voice, "Stop blubbering; I didn't raise you to be so needy, Annalise. You're an adult now, so act like it."

Then she put my Dad on. I told him I missed him and he reminded me I was a Rainer woman and Rainer women were strong. He asked how I was? Did I need anything? Dad told me how much he missed me.We talked a bit more and then he hung up.

I felt so alone in that moment and talking with Mr. Smith reminded me of who and what I really am. I was nobody. Nobody wanted me around. Nobody liked me, and nobody would ever really want to get to know me, especially him.

He must have seen something in my eyes because he hugged me and whispered words of comfort in my ears. "You are not alone, Anna. I am here with you. You are a part of my family and you will never be by yourself again alright."

"If I could, young lady, I'd give your parent's a piece of my mind for treating you the way they have. But, since I can't, Marjorie and I are adopting you into our family. Consider us your surrogate parents." He declared.

"Mr. Smith, my parents might not be perfect, but they did their best" I tried to defend them. They are still my parents after all, even though at times, it seemed like, they never really wanted a kid.

"You are right dear. It just angers me at how ..." he paused. "You are a beautiful person whom my family and I are proud to know. Your parents were foolish in not appreciating you and will have to answer for that one day."

He took a deep breath, grasping my hands in his, he commanded my attention. "Look at me Anna." I looked up into his soulful brown eyes and for the first time in the twenty years of my life, it felt safe. I knew I didn't have to struggle and hide. I could breathe and be free.

"My wife and I have raised three of our children with a sense of knowing they are safe. I am sorry that you didn't have that." I dropped my head, ashamed of the tears I thought had dried up years ago.

He lifted my chin and smiled at me and said the words I'd longed to hear from my parents my whole life. "You are a special young lady and we love you, Anna. Don't ever doubt that. If you skip dinner again, Marjorie and I will both tan your hide." He added smiling, I could no longer contain my tears as they flowed freely down my cheeks.

Mr. Smith gave me a strong hug, the kind I rarely got from my father and told me it would be alright, then sent me to use his private bathroom to wash my face.

Ross

As I entered his office, I hoped to get a chance to see her again, but she wasn't at her desk. I knocked on Deacon Smith's door. "Come in," he called. I entered and saw Deacon Smith staring at the bathroom door. I could tell he was upset about something. I could sense that I walked in on some sort of emotional moment.

"Ross, come in sit, I have someone I want you to meet." Deacon Smith explained.

Then she walked in. I could tell she'd been crying and I wanted to demand. What's going on? Who hurt you? Why are you upset? However, as much as I wanted to, I didn't have the right.

"Mr. Smith, please let me apologize for my emotional outburst..." she stopped when she saw me standing there.

Standing before me was the beautiful Nubian goddess that I'd met the day before. She didn't wear makeup, but her beauty did not need any enhancements.

This amazing creature was around five feet tall, creamy caramel skin, long dark hair and dark eyes. She was curvy, not razor thin. She blushed as I assessed her beauty, once again to dumbfounded to speak.

The bible teaches that God made man then he made him a woman to be his helpmate. But I always thought that was fantasy until now.

Deacon Smith chuckled and patted her hand, "Anna, no apologies needed. I want you to meet my friends' son, Ross. I practically raised this boy. He just moved here and I was hoping I could get you to show him around the city this weekend. What about it, Anna, are you busy Saturday?"

"Um, Mr. Smith, I don't really think he'd like-" I had to stop her before she said no.

"Hello, I know we met briefly yesterday, but my name is Ross Thompson, I am so happy to meet you Anna." I greeted the woman that stood before me.

She looked at me with a puzzled expression. "Hello, I'm happy to meet you too, Ross. I'm Annalise Rainer. Just call me Anna." Then she blushed as she shook my hand before turning away.

"So, Anna," I pressed, "Will you please show me around the city Saturday?"

"OK, I'll love to." She replied looking at the floor.

"Mr. Smith, Mr. Thompson, do you need coffee, tea anything?" she asked as she rushed to the door.

"No, Anna, we're fine dear. Hold my calls and tell everyone, I'm in a meeting. Alright sweetheart, thank you so much." Mr. Smith replied as she closed the door.

"Close your mouth son," he said to me because I could not help but stare at the door she just walked out of.

"Of course, Deacon Smith, you embarrassed that girl. She's never going to talk to me again. She will avoid me now." I said frustrated. I really wanted to get to know her, but I was sure she'd want nothing to do with me now.

"Son, call me Mr. Smith at work, not Deacon. I think you two kids should spend time together. Poor Anna has such a hard time making friends and she's so shy. I just thought... Well, never mind..."

Mr. Smith continued to talk and I nodded as my mind wandered to the lovely woman I had the pleasure of meeting briefly.

Anna

I could not get out of that office fast enough. Mr. Smith wants me to show Ross around. What is he thinking? I am not the type of person people hang out with.

I would love to spend time with Ross, but a guy like him would never really be interested in me.

Goodness, he's so good looking. He has the most amazing eyes, and is fine as hell. He has clear bronze skin and delicious golden hair that looks as if it's been kissed by the sun. He's at least six inches taller than me and I can tell he works out. He can have any woman he wants.

I've been thinking about him long enough. Let me get back to work.I was typing up some reports when he approached my desk. Just for a moment, I wish I looked like the other women here.

"Anna, can we get together early Saturday morning, I'll love to treat you to breakfast." Ross stated smiling at me with those amazing grey eyes.

"OK. I'll see you at eight. Do you want to meet somewhere?" I asked amazed that my voice still worked.

"No, if you will give me your address, I'll pick you up." he answered and then winked at me.

I was speechless as his smile and flirtatious manner disarmed me. I wrote my address down and gave it to him. He tucked it into his jacket pocket and walked away.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. Before long, it was time to go home and I was really tired.

While leaving work, I saw everyone leaving and making plans to hang out. I was never invited to tag along, and I tried to act as if it didn't bother me, so when Ross asked me to join his group, I didn't know how to respond.

I planned to politely refused but Ross wouldn't take no for an answer. So here I am plain old Anna going out for drinks after work.

Now you must understand this was all new to me. Most of the people at work will not give me the time of day. They are all older than me, and I don't really engage in the things they become involved in. I don't drink, never smoked, and I don't sleep around. But Ross, he's different. He seems really nice and genuine. He looks at me and I feel alive and not invisible.

Although I've just met him, I really like being around him. He makes me feel safe and not like an outsider. I watched him play pool with two of the guys from work along with two other ladies that accompanied us. When he wasn't playing pool, he actually talked to me.

He is gregarious and friendly and I found myself laughing at the jokes he told. Being with him helped me to relax around the others, and for the first time in my short life, I felt like a member of group. He was concerned about my comfort and stood beside me the entire time we were at the nightclub.

The others people we were with acted as if I was a regular member of their group leaving me wonderingWhy haven't I simply joined them before now? Even though Ross was insistent, I still could have refused, but now I was glad I didn't. This new experience was wonderful for me.

Chapter 3

Ross

I was leaving work and I saw Anna packing her things. Some of us were heading to a local night club to have a few drinks and kick back. I asked them about inviting Anna along and they didn't seem to mind.

So I asked her. "Hey, Anna. We're going out for drinks, join us?" praying she wouldn't say no.

I could look in her eyes and tell she wanted to refuse so I decided to challenge her. "So are you afraid to go out with me or what? I'll understand a good looking guy like me, well?"

Fire flashed in her eyes and I knew she was hooked. "Look, Ross," She said. "I usually don't go out with-" I interrupted.

"I'll play nice Anna, please. Come with us, it will be fun. I am serious. It will be fun." I begged. She finally agreed to come.

We arrived at the nightclub and chose a booth. While waiting for a pool table to clear so we could play, we guys decided to tease the ladies that we were with.

At first Anna was completely reserved, but eventually she opened up. I told a dumb joke and she laughed out loud. Her laughter was like a balm on an open wound and I knew I would do everything I could to hear that sound again.

I learned a little about her, but I wanted to know more. So we engaged in small talk and had a great time. Eventually a pool table finally cleared and we played a couple of games.

It was then that I noticed one of the guys, Mark, noticing Anna. I wanted to confront him, tell him she's taken, and dare him to even look to her.

"Preach," Mark called. "Let me speak to you for a minute."

I asked Anna to excuse me and went to speak to him.

"Preach, what's the deal with you and Annalise? No one has gotten her to come out before?" he asked.

"I just asked and wouldn't let her refuse." I explained.

"She is beautiful." He declared. "Are you interested in her, I mean, I don't want to step on any toes."

I didn't answer. I looked at him. There was no way in hell I'd let him near her. Even though I was not responding to his question, he kept talking.

"Do you think she'd go out with me?" he asked.

I wanted to tell him Hell no! She's taken!

"I don't know, Mark. She's really shy. Let me get back to her." I said to bring the topic to a close.

"Preach, if you're interested in her, I will back off. I like you man and she is a nice girl. It's just that I've always noticed her but she's so shy and young. Tonight... I've never seen her like this." He continued.

I thought I was keeping my interest muted apparently I was not.

"Preach, ask her out. I know you've only been here a week or so, but she seems to like you too." He said.

"Wait a minute, I thought you just asked if she'd go out with you. What are you up to man?" I questioned.

Mark shrugged his shoulders. "Preach, I have three rules I follow. One of them is to never go after a woman that is taken."

I was relieved that he was willing to back off. Now I had to convince Anna to give me a chance. Then I remembered, we had plans to tour the city on tomorrow.

"Mark, thanks. Let me get back to her." I replied as I turned and walked back to our booth.

Anna saw me approaching and smiled at me. I knew then I was lost.

Anna

Being at the club with Ross was fun. He only left my side once and that was when his friend needed to talk to him.

After he left some of the girl's had some questions for me.

The girls and I talked, laughed, and rated the guys. I felt like I belonged for a while. They even invited me to join them on Saturday. That was the day I was showing Ross around, and I declined at first, but they agreed to get together with me that Sunday for brunch.

It was nice to have something else to look forward to.

Ross returned, but he was being extremely reserved. I knew he was probably, catching grief from his friends for inviting me along.

Not wanting to cause him any more discomfort, I told him that I was about to head home when his friend, Mark, offered to take me.

Ross adamantly refused to allow me to leave with Mark, and we left the club together.

Ross drove me to my apartment and walked me to my door. I knew I never really stood a chance with him, but it was nice to fantasize.

I turned to bid him goodnight, when he gathered me in his arms and kissed me.

Tingles, my body tingled as he kissed me. I'd never felt these sensations before. My heart pounded in my chest, blood roared in my ears, and a heat so strong pooled within me, I thought I'd combust.

He started to pull away, but I could not and would not let him. I never knew I could be so bold. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pulled him towards me for another kiss.

He gentled the kiss and we luxuriated in the feel of his tongue as it glided over mine. He held me close and I could feel his heart beating inside his chest, the rhythm was the same as mine.

We pulled apart, and I felt that given a chance this man would come to mean the world to me. I looked into his gorgeous grey eyes and I knew that in time he'd owned a piece of my heart.

We stared at each other for a moment, neither of us said a word. Eventually, Ross, said he needed to head home and he kissed me once more before he left.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers