The Path

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Waking up with morning light greeting her, she would jump out of bed with a smile on her face. Hopping down the stairs, she went into the kitchen to start making breakfast. Now her days consisted of helping feed the animals, milking the cows, cleaning the grounds, barn, and stables and putting fresh hay for the horses. Scott did the heavier jobs around the homestead: chopping firewood, mend the fences, and fixing the horse tact and equipment.

In the afternoons, Scott saddled up two of the five horses and Faith and he would ride into the woods for their exercise. Faith would listen to his stories about his family. The original O'Reily family members were from Ireland, but left their home due to wonderful opportunities that the New World boosted to have. They sailed into New York City and found it to their distaste. Almost right off the ship, the whole family started west to from a new home. It was not until they found the lake in the middle of the Dark Oak Woods that they felt at home. No one will sale them the land because they were Irish. Not being without resources, the family changed their last name to Reid and bought the 100 acres of forest and grassland in Washington State before anyone knew better.

While in the woods, Scott collected different plants, herbs, berries. His family back in Ireland was known for their homemade medicines and remedies. With each thing he collected, he explained to Faith what healing and helping qualities they had. Faith sat in wonder to all he said. When they would get back to the house, he would show her how to extract the juices from the plants and mix into the medicine that they used. Faith learned quickly and started to help him.

Days became weeks and Faith found herself falling in love with Scott. She would catch herself watching him work without the shirt when the Washington weather permitted. She started to sit close to him or have him recline himself with his head in her lap and stretch out while they would read together on the couch. Faith found any reason to touch him, it being to brush his long hair, massage his aching shoulders and his back, or simply brush against him to place his plate in front of him.

Scott felt the same way about Faith. He loved to watch her in the mornings bouncing around the kitchen in nothing but a tank top and shortie shorts that she slept in. Her laugh sounded like bell in his ears. The cute faces she made when she did not understand something or that time she burned dinner made him smile. He found any reason to pull her in his arms rather in being to comfort her after she burnt dinner, catching her as she tripped on a tree limb, help her off the horse, or to rock her back to sleep after she had nightmares.

Scott and Faith were outside late one evening, playing with the baby goats when Scott felt a presence approaching from the woods. He signal for Faith to go hid in the barn while he checked to see who is was. The moment that Faith had shut the door to the barn, her father walked out of the woods. Scott had never seen Charles before, but the energy that radiated from him told Scott.

"Excuse me, young man. I am looking for my daughter, Faith. She ran off a while ago and I can't find her. Have you seen her?" He said, fishing out a picture of Faith. The picture was old, taken five years ago. In the picture, Faith looked sad and scare. There was a hint of a split lip. Scott looked at the man and reckoned that Faith received her looks from her mother.

"Sorry, sir, but I have not seen her around here. I wish I could help you."

"If you do, will you give me a call." Charles started to pull a piece of paper from his pocket.

"I don't have a phone." Scott said bluntly. Charles looked at him sharply and rubbed his face.

"No phone? That must be paradise. My wife use to talk on the phone all the time. Drove me to drinking, it did." He laughed at his own jock.

"Use to?" Scott asked.

"Yea." Charles began without remorse. "She died about a week or so after that bitch of a daughter left. Broke her mama's heart that is what she did. I want to show that girl a thing or two about respect." He laughed again.

Scott had about enough of him at that moment. "Sir, I have a lot of things to take care of and it is going to be dark soon. I suggest you take this time and go home when the sun is still out."

"Now, now, son. You are acting like you are hiding something here."

"I am not sir, only the fact that I do not like your kind of people." Scott hissed.

"And what kind would that be?" Charles challenged him.

"The kind who beats their children and spouse into submission. That was quite a split lip your daughter had in the picture. Now get off my property." Scott paused for dramatic affect. "Or suffer the Reid curse."

"Reid?" The man started, trembling. "You are a Reid." The man gasped as a thick fog rose from the lake surface and snaked around their legs. The temperature had drop rapidly and both men could see their breath. Suddenly, a large, dark figure bolted from the barn and headed for the men. Scott was aware what was happening; he did not move. Charles, on the other hand, screamed and retrieved into the woods.

"You scared the shit out of him." Scott said softly as Faith rode up to him on Shadow. With a black cloak she found in the tact room, she jumped on Shadow bareback and rode out the moment she saw the fog roll in.

"I had to do it. I was scared that he was going to hurt you." Faith whispered as Scott jumped up onto Shadow. Sitting behind her, he pressed himself close to her while they rode back in his stable. Giving Shadow an extra pail of oats and putting the riding cloak away, Faith and Scott made a mad dash to the house. Once inside, a fire was started in the wood stove.

"Faith, I have something to tell you." Scott said after the dinner dishes were cleared off the table. Faith turned from the sink. The look in his eyes told her what happened.

"My mother is dead." Faith sat down at the table. Scott pulled a chair next to hers. Scott placed his arm around her and she rested her forehead on his shoulder. Scott gently caressed her cheek. Lifting her chin with his hand, Scott started to lean forward.

"No." Faith whispered, placing her fingers against his lips. Confusion was in his eyes. "Kiss me because you love me." Faith continued. "Not to comfort me." She stood up from him and walked up stairs. Scott remained at the table for a while longer and then headed to his room to deal with his desire. Unknowing to him, she dealt with her own.

Faith and Scott felt back into their normal routine within a couple of days. One day, the weather decided to be hot, so they worked a little faster to enjoy the sun. By noontime, a picnic lunch was made and a red checkered blanket laid out on the pier. Crossed legged, they ate happily. After the sandwich wrappers and coca cola cans were put back in the basket, Scott leaned back, crossing his arms behind his head. Faith rested hers on his shoulders. Looking up at the clouds, they named off what they looked like and laughed. Soon, Scott heard Faith's soft snoring in his ear. Pulling her closer, Scott continued to look up at the clouds.

Faith slowly woke to Scott gently lifted her off his shoulder and carefully placing her on the blanket. It was the sound of running feet and water splashing that caused her to sit up. Peering over the pier, she watched Scott swim about.

"Faith!" He called to her. "Jump on in. The water is really warm."

"Are you crazy?" Faith answered, now standing at the end of the pier. True, the water was nearly clear, but she was never too fond of swimming. "I am not wearing a swimsuit." Looking down at her demin shorts and tight green tank top; she wore her tennis shoes without socks.

"Neither am I. Please, Faith. Join me." Scott playfully pleaded. Scott jumped in the water wearing long khaki short and black tank top. He changed his working boots for his tan tennis shoes before they walked out to the pier. Scott had planned to jump in the water already. "The water is not that deep here."

Faith made a throaty noise and jumped in. When she resurfaced, her teeth were chattering. "Warm, my butt! It is cold." She yelled, splashing him. Scott laughed and splashed back. Wading farther in the lake to escape from his attack, Faith found herself on the edge of the drop off and went under. Faith fought her way back to the surface and screamed. "Scott, help!" Sinking under the water again. Only her hands broke the surface.

Scott, not thinking for a second that she was faking, dived under the water to rescue her. Finding Faith struggling to reach the surface, Scott pulled her to him and started to ascend. Faith gasped for air and cough while he pulled them to the end of the pier. She clung onto Scott's neck. Scott held Faith close, shaking.

"I'm so sorry, Faith. I am so sorry."

"It is my fault. I should have told you that I couldn't swim." Faith said, trembling. Faith leaned down from Scott yet still had ahold on him. Looking in his eyes, she made a decision. She leaned towards his face.

"Faith." Scott placed his fingers on her lips. "Kiss me because you are in love with me for I am in love with you. Not to comfort me." He caressed her cheek, then running his fingers down her throat. Faith never took her eyes from his. Faith started to lean towards him again. Scott met her halfway. Their lips pressed together. Faith opened her mouth and played her tongue against his lips and tongues. Twisting their arms around the other, their tongues entwined. Scott pressed Faith back against the pier support pole as their kiss deepened. Faith drew his body closer as she encased his waist with her legs.

Oh, Faith. Scott thought, pressing his torso to her. Her breasts flatten against his chest and grinding their bodies together. Bending down, Scott lowered his lips to kiss her neck, shoulders, and tops of her breasts. His hands had found their way inside her top and stroke her rib cage and stomach. Scott fought the yearning to rip off hers and his clothes and buried himself inside and to remain there forever.

"Scott." Faith whispered while began to fumble with the hem of his shirt. She wanted nothing but to feel his bare skin against her. She cried out as Scott slowly reached into her shorts. A noise above them made them froze. Looking up, Shadow had let himself out of his stables. He tossed his head back to the barn.

"Something is wrong." Scott said. Suddenly, an image popped into his head. "Winter! She is having her foal now." Scott shot up the ladder and raced to the barn with Faith right behind him. Inside her stable, the white Arabian female named Winter Storm was in the last steps of giving birth to her foal, fathered by Shadow. She started to push right when Scott stepped in the barn. Pulling on the long medical gloves, Scott checked on Winter's progress. Faith went to the tact room and retrieved the towels that they had stored there.

"Faith!" Scott cried out. Trotting to Winter's stable with the towels in her arms, she paused. There was blood and Scott panicked. "The foal is breeched. I have to turn it around. Hold her down." Faith dropped the towels and went to Winter's head. Lying across her shoulder, Faith whispered soothing words and stroked her head and neck. Scott was able to turn the foal around. "Okay, the foal is the right way. I am going to help Winter to getting it into the world." Scott began to gently, but firmly pull the foal. Winter gave one big push and the black and white foal was born. Pulling the foal from its mother, Scott realized that it was not breathing. Faith realized it too.

Scott placed his mouth over the one of nostril of the foal and blew. Faith prayed while he performed CPR on the foal. Suddenly, the foal opened it eyes and sat up. Faith cried out on joy as the foal tried to stand up. Winter stood up and began to check on her baby. The foal tried to stand up again and succeed. Scott, taking off the gloves, walked to Faith.

"What is it?" Faith asked. Scott dropped to his knee and looked. Shadow, whom was looking from the doorway made a neighing sound that got their attention.

"Shadow, you are proud father of a beautiful colt.

It was another three hours before they went back to the house. With Winter's blood loss, Scott had to stitch up where the tearing was. The vet was called and it took a while for him to come up. Looking Winter over and the new colt which was named Starry Night, Dr. Davidson gave them both a clean bill of health.

"You did a fine job on that stitching. I don't believe I could have done better. You are going to make fine vet, Scott. Call me if anything else happens and when you graduate. You will have a job waiting for you." He said climbing into his truck.

Scott ached from the pulling out the colt and the yard work. Faith drew him a warm bath while he finished the dinner dishes. At the top of the steps, Faith led him into the bathroom. Without a word, she began to strip his clothes off. Scott simple comply with her wordless orders to lift his arms and his feet. Scott could not see a way to hide the fact that her taking off his clothes was making him aroused. The moment that he was completely nude, he almost jumped into the large garden tub. Sitting on the edge, Faith gently unwove his hair from the braid.

"Are you going to join me?" Scott whispered softly. She stood from the tub and was still. Scott feared that he spooked her until she started to take off her clothes. She came turned from him as she undressed. When the last article of clothing was slid out from, Faith turned around to face him. His eyes feasted on her body. Each curve and freckle was admired. The bruised had all faded and the scars looked less rigid. She pulled her own hair from the bun she whipped it into to help Scott. She climbed in behind Scott and began to wash his back and shoulders.

Faith washed his body in silence. She paid attention to each muscle and ridge. Moving to face him, she slowly took the washcloth up and down his arms and chest. Moving farther down, she gently caressed his waist, stomach, and pelvis. He noticed that she held her breath as she cleaned his hard manhood. He forced himself not to moan as her hand with the cloth stroked him. He nearly lost his mind as she began to wash his balls. Her breathing became normal again when she begin on his legs. Scott had to moan for Faith was massaging his calves and feet.

The moment Faith finished bathing him; Scott pulled her to his chest. Taking the cloth and soap, he began to clean her back and shoulders. Without moving in front of her, he softly cleansed her neck and breasts. Faith thrust her breasts up as the cloth played against her hard nipples. Adding more soap, Scott washed her stomach. His hands were under the water while he cleaned her lower torso and the outside of her thighs. She gasped, feeling his hands moved to inside of her thighs. The cloth began to stroke her outer lips of her pussy. Faith held her breath again while the strokes became firmer and covered more of her womanly entrance. Slowly spreading her legs farther, Faith felt his fingers touching her clit. Kissing her neck, Scott moved his hand down to the opening of her pussy.

"Scott." Her voice trembled as he slowly slid his index finger inside of her. Faith was incredibly tight for being in the water. He began to move his finger in and out of her pussy. His other hand made its way to her clit. While his hands were busying, pleasing her, his mouth found hers. He kissed her hard and deep, his tongue exploded every inch of her mouth. Faith made throaty noises against his mouth. Her hands were engaged in caressing her breasts. Faith broke off from his mouth and began to pant. Her body became rigid as her muscles tighten around his finger. Faith shook violently as the orgasm over took her body. Her body slumped against his once the orgasm passed. He embraced her body tight against his. Scott's manhood was harder now and pressing into her back was not helping the matter.

"Scott." He heard Faith whispered. Her eyes were soft and longing. She leisurely rose from his embrace. Turning to him, she straddled his legs. His manhood now rested on her stomach. Faith's breasts were nearly eye level to Scott. He ran his hands up her side, feeling her shiver. "Make love to me."

The next few moments were a blur. Scott and Faith rinse off rather quickly. Drying off before Faith did, Scott wrapped her towel around her body and picked her up. Kissing her, he carried her into his bedroom. Gently lying her comfortable on his bed, he unwrapped the towel from her. Scott began to kiss her stomach, moving lower while her fingers caressed his scalp. Parting her legs, he placed kisses on her inner thigh and the exterior of her pussy. His tongue tasted her sweetness while his hands moved up, passed her trimmed red patch of hair and her jeweled belly button to her heaving breasts. Scott stroke and pinch her nipple all the while, Faith arched her back and buried his face into her pussy.

Oh My GOODNESS. Faith screamed in her head. Scott had his index and middle fingers sliding in and out of her pussy. Continuing to flick his tongue on her clit, Scott thrust his fingers deeper within her. Faith moans and pleas became erratic before Scott touched the thin membrane that was her maidenhead. Tears welled up in Faith's eyes as she felt Scott leave from within her. He crawled up her body, placing kissed on her breast, shoulders, and neck. Scott kissed her soft, letting his tongue the taste of her mouth. He had positioned his manhood at her opening.

"Wrap your legs around my waist, Faith." Scott said breathlessly. He shivered as her smooth legs moved against his body. Shallowly and gently, Scott moved into her wet, tight haven. Faith arched her back, gripping onto his arms. Scott held himself still when he reached her maidenhead. Their breathing hard while sweat formed on skin.

"Make me yours." Faith moaned, rolling her hips. She kissed him, her tongue dancing against his as Scott continued to push into her. Both of them felt the pressure of his manhood against her maidenhead. Scott joined her cry as the maidenhood tore, allowing his manhood to slide the rest of the way inside.

Time stood still before either moved. Faith stroked his back and kissed his cheek. Scott softly started to withdraw himself from her and ease his manhood back inside. Rising up, he began to thrust deeper with every stroke. Drawing Faith in his arms, Scott sat up. He buried his face in her breasts while he lifted her up and down on his manhood. Faith wrapped her arms around his neck, helping her to move her body around his manhood. Faith cried out, feeling an orgasm forming within her.

Scott growled, tossing them back on the bed. Holding her legs around his waist, he thrust harder into her body. His hands moved locking around her hips. She arched her back, rolled her hips against his hands. Feeling his manhood swelling inside her, she rode with him.

"Faith!" Scott nearly screamed. His eyes grew wide and his hair swooping around their sweaty bodies. "I pledge to you my love, devotion, and life. From this moment on, you are my wife, my lover, my friend. No one shall break this union between us. Our pledge to each other is unbreakable as well as eternal. Do you take me as your husband, your lover, and friend only from this night on? Pledge to me if you love me as much as I love you."

"YES!" Faith cried out. "I pledge to you out of love. I take you as my husband, lover and only from now to evermore. I love you, Scott. I love you!" Faith screamed in ecstasy, her orgasm rolled and tossed her. She sank her fingernails into his shoulders and back. Scott moaned, leaning into her scratches. He had succumbed to his peak as her vaginal muscles tighten around his manhood. His seed shot deep within her womb during each thrust. As he became spent, he lowered himself to her. Rolling to his side, he pulled her in his arms.