The Platform

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Come on," Julie said as she grabbed Jay's hand and pulled him along.

"Ah shouldn't we just call out and see if they answer?" Jay said.

"No way," Julie whispered as she pulled him along slowly and quietly.

Now hand in hand, as Jay was dragged along, they treaded softly. As Julie pushed thin branches and shrubbery out of the way, she was careful to look behind her to make sure Jay was doing the same. But her mood had changed a little as she was careful not to let go of them too soon. He remarked inwardly that before she would not have been that careful and would probably let the shrubbery whip his arms. He started to wonder why she was still holding his hand. After a few minutes of walking a soft female moaning sound was heard nearby.

"Shh," Julie grinned at him she motioned for him to duck down near a large tree trunk, "Awesome."

"Whoa," Jay exclaimed with a whisper as he took in the scene, "Ah lets go back to the path and call out. We shouldn't be watching this."

"Didn't your sister ever tell you she's had fantasies of someone watching?" Julie asked.

"No, it never came up" Jay sighed as he tried not to look.

"Speaking of coming up, I think I need a pair of binoculars to see your friend there," Julie smiled at him, "I'll have to offer my condolences later."

"Let's go," Jay said as he stood, trying not to laugh.

"Oh hey, I'll explain it to you my boy wonder," Julie said with a downward tone, "See first they have foreplay."

"Will you stop already?" Jay whispered angrily as he stood.

"No wait," Julie said as she yanked him back to a kneeling position, "Oh too bad."

"What's too bad?" Jay asked nervously.

"Look at him eating," Julie sighed, "It's not a taco dude."

"He's," Jay started and then reluctantly looked at the scene, "Damn it's like watching a pie eating contest."

"Like that big guy last summer at the church charity thing, remember?" Julie asked trying to hold her laughter.

"Oh that was funny, but damn let's get out of here," Jay said, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah I feel sort of bad," Julie said.

"He isn't really very good is he," Jay remarked.

"Do you really know?" Julie grinned as she continued to look, "Honestly?"

"I know better than that I think," Jay said quickly.

"Really?" Julie smiled at him, "How much better?"

"Just never mind," Jay sighed.

"Guess if someone wants to know how good you are, they would just have to find out first hand," Julie said.

"Yeah, wait, what?" Jay asked.

"Look at that," Julie whispered, "See she shaves it so fine it's incredible. It's really smooth to touch. The least he can do is service it properly."

"I really don't need to be looking at my sister in that way," Jay whispered, "Wait, how do you know it's smooth?"

"I helped her shave it a few hours ago when she told me she was going to take him here," Julie grinned.

"What? You knew they were out here doing this?" Jay whispered.

"Yeah but not exactly where," Julie said as they watched Jim stand up and Sandy kneel down.

"Ah man," Jay said as he looked away.

"Oh she's good," Julie said, "I can't believe it. I'm kind of jealous."

"Why? Wait never mind." Jay whispered as he stood again.

"If I could be half that good at that," Julie sighed as she looked up at Jay, "Are you waiting to see what I mean?"

"Am I waiting for what?" Jay asked.

"To see how I do?" Julie asked as she looked across at the front Jay's shorts.

"Ok I'm out," Jay said as he left the scene and started to walk back to the path.

As Jay entered the well worn path again, he looked back to see that Julie had not followed him. He almost felt as if he should call out while she was there just to get back at her for years of torment, but decided against it. There was something about her that suddenly changed and he wasn't so sure anymore. After several minutes of waiting, Julie finally emerged from the brush.

"Nice catch," Julie grinned as she grinned at him.

"Catch? I didn't see you throw anything," Jay said.

"I mean back there," Julie pointed backward at the path behind her.

"Again, too much info," Jay said.

"They must have done the rest before we arrived, bummer," Julie sighed.

"You're kinda sick you know," Jay said.

"Yeah let me know if you have any complaints when that finally happens to you," Julie smirked.

"Ok time to make our presence known," Jay said.

"Oh soft spot huh?" Julie grinned as she rubbed his shoulder, "Don't worry, it will happen someday, maybe."

"I've had," Jay started to say, "Never mind. It's not worth it."

"Hey anyone out here!" Julie hollered then spoke softly to Jay, "Ok whatever you say."

"You know sometimes you're not so bad, and other times you just a witch," Jay said.

Julie looked over at Jay with a surprised gaze. He had regretted saying what he did, immediately after he spoke it. But it was too late of course. Regardless of her behavior he never spoke words like that to anyone and wondered why he did this time. As he looked at her expression it seemed a mix of hurt feelings, surprise, but there was something else as she spoke.

"I know I am," she whimpered a little as she looked at him with sadness.

"Wait, I didn't mean," Jay started to say but was interrupted.

"Hey what are you doing out here with my brother or should I ask?" Sandy said from behind them before Jay could speak.

"Looking for you," Jay said.

"You've been around too bro," Jim smiled, "I don't need any pointers."

"Believe that if you want to," Julie slipped out, "Oh um, your parents sent us to look for you."

"Ug, I thought that could wait until later," Sandy grunted.

"Well it is later actually," Jay said, "Dinner has probably been on for for a while now."

"Are you always eating?" Julie asked as the group started to walk back.

"Depends on what's getting served," Jay shot back.

"And how satisfying it is?" Julie asked.

"Am I missing something?" Sandy asked as they walked together along the ridge line.

"Yes I think you are dear, and I'm sorry about that," Julie said as she shot a glare at Jim who seemed puzzled.

"Stop," Jay whispered as he grinned at her, "That's their business."

"Fine, you talk to him about his pie eating," Julie smiled as she whispered back, "Ask him if he needs a paper towel."

"We're missing something here," Jim said as he watched Julie and his best friend try to hold back laughter.

As the group walked along, they chatted casually. Jay had been wondering when he would have to duck the next insult from Julie. He found it peculiar that they had lessened in frequency. He had been expecting them but they didn't come. Usually when others were around, they would shoot out like grass from a lawn mower. He wondered if perhaps he had finally gotten his point across about being tired of it. However he still regretted his earlier comment. It had been an hour until they had started descending toward the lake road, and after another few minutes they had crossed the road and entered the driveway. The descent had been a little difficult as darkness reached the woods sooner. The sun had already begun to set before they even started back. When they reached the camp road, the only light was coming from around the nearby cabins.

"Well shit," Sandy sighed as she took Jim's hand, "I guess we need to get this over with."

Jay and Julie watched as the two walked toward the house and inside. As they looked at each other, they both felt the wave of tension that had just blown through. Jay thought immediately that he wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

"Buy you a burger?" Julie said as she pointed to the back deck where the grill was running.

"Yeah then I'm going to get lost for a while. That is if there is a place far enough out of the way when all that goes down," Jay said.

"I'm going to scarf and then swim out to the platform," Julie said, "It's all dark now. No one will know I'm there. I suggest you do the same if you don't want to get dragged into that."

"Yeah maybe," Jay said as they approached the deck.

"Unless you want some private time back in your lean-to," Julie grinned.

"You're just going to keep going with that aren't you?" Jay asked, "You know, jokes get old even for those of us who actually have a sense of humor."

"Just trying to lighten things up," Julie defended.

"Call it what you want," Jay said as he finished his burger she had handed to him and walked off the deck toward the beach.

"Sorry ok," Julie said as she followed him then ducked into the change shed underneath it.

Jay looked over at her as she closed the door. Before she was out of sight she gave him another puzzling look. It was another that was part apology and part frustration. He wondered what kind of tug of war was going on inside her. He had his own mixed feelings on the matter. After all of these years it seemed so difficult to forget all the torment. But at the same time he could see for the first time the good side of her that was struggling to get out.

Jay walked down to the beach and pulled his shirt off. He took one last look up at the house before he tested the water in front of him. It was still warm as was the summer air. He actually enjoyed this time of the day. The activity had started to wind down and the pond became quiet and rather pristine. Just as he was about to start swimming out for the platform, he heard the change shed door close.

Quickly Julie had joined him but did not say much. He looked over at her in her two piece black bathing suit. Perhaps looking a little too long, he didn't realize that she had looked back at him for almost the same amount of time. Her small smile indicated that she didn't mind the gaze. Jay noticed that she had been fumbling with the bottom part of it. With a little bit of frustration, she let out a long sigh.

"Should have picked up a new one today," she said.

"What's wrong with it?" Jay asked.

"Oh it's this clasp on the side," Julie said as she finished fixing it, "It doesn't work right. It's been on so far but I just know it's going to break."

"You were wearing shorts before. That's probably good enough," Jay said.

"They are kind of dressy like. I don't like swimming in them," she replied.

"It's either that or take your chances," Jay said as he waded out further.

"It will hold one more time," she said as she lowered herself in the water and passed him, "Coming?"

"Yeah," Jay said as he swam out with her.

It didn't take long to reach the swimming platform. As they approached it, they used the ladder one at a time. Julie went to the other side and laid down on her back letting out a long sigh. Jay looked her over as he climbed the ladder and sat a few feet away. In the dim light of a sky long past dusk, he could barely see her at all. But he knew she was there. He looked up at the house, which was still full of excitement. The deck was alive with conversation, but the lights did not reach them on the platform. It was out in the open, but at the same time, secluded and private. This was unless a boat passed close by.

"I love looking at the stars out here," Julie said softly.

"It is very cool," Jay said.

"There are so many of them," Jay said.

"It makes you wonder what all the space is for," Julie said.

"For exploring someday," Jay said, "And all those aliens flying around."

"Right, how come they haven't visited us?" Julie asked.

"I guess we are not ready," Jay said, "They don't want to get caught in the middle of a world that doesn't get along."

"Maybe," Julie said, "But sometimes we do, and it is getting better."

"Little by little," Jay said.

"Some of us just need to learn to accept ourselves and others and know that we all have feelings," Julie said.

"And remember it every time we talk," Jay added.

Julie did not reply right away. Jay heard a long sigh escape her, and then there was silence. He then laid down on his back to think of the words she had just said. Still a little puzzled, he could see the change in her. But he wondered also if perhaps she had had this ability all along. He suddenly decided that she did, and that she was not that bad after all.

"Jay," Julie said, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Jay asked softly.

"Everything," Julie sighed, "All of my bad behavior toward you. You're a decent guy and I'll try not to do it anymore."

"Thank you," Jay said, "But I think that the occasional ribbing is ok. Very occasional."

"I don't want to hurt you anymore," Julie said, "But I really want you to know something. I mean, I heard what you said earlier and I know what I seem like, but I really don't have all those experiences that it seems like I do."

"Thanks. I appreciate it," Jay said, "And yeah, I know you don't. The way you have talked, it hurts sometimes, but I know inside you're ok."

"You know it's amazing how exposed it is out here, but still no one can see us," Julie said, "So beautiful too."

"Well maybe there is someone looking down," Jay smiled, "A satellite or an alien perhaps."

"That's a little scary," Julie said.

"Maybe I should put my shorts back on just in case," Jay grinned.

"Uh, what?" Julie asked.

"Yeah it's relaxing," Jay lied.

"Hmm, I guess it doesn't really matter huh?" Julie remarked, "No one can really see out here, and we really can't see each other. Well just a tiny bit."

"Yeah it's liberating," Jay smiled, "Nice like this."

"Mind of I try?" Julie said, "I mean just my top."

"Up to you," Jay said then heard her moving around a bit with just a slight outline of her form.

"Ok," Julie giggled.

"No wait," Jay sighed as he thought about it more, "I was kidding. I didn't take my shorts off."

"Oh you butthead," Julie laughed.

"Sorry," Jay laughed, "But I couldn't go through with it."

"Yeah you're too nice," Julie said.

"Ah I just didn't want to trick you," Jay said.

"Well that's ok," Julie said as she tossed her top at him, "It is liberating so there."

"I was kidding" Jay said as he tried not to look in her direction.

"Actually it's kind of exciting and relaxing," Julie said, "Try it if you want."

"My top is already off,", Jay said.

"Funny, you know what I mean," Julie said.

"I'm ok like this for now," Jay said.

"I'd go all the way but I don't think I can get the bottom to clasp again," Julie said.

"Yeah if you can't it might be difficult to get back," Jay said, "Not like anyone can see much out here, but still."

"Yeah, we have to get out sometime and people can see down on the beach a little," Julie said.

"I guess that's true," Jay said as he could see her just barely as she stood, "Going back?"

"No, just going to dive," Julie said, "It's kind of cool in the dark."

"Yeah but what if," Jay started to say but it was too late.

Jay could barely see her but he heard the splash. He was about to warn her about her suit bottom, as the pressure from the water would likely not do well for it. He listened for her to come up, and after several seconds she did.

"Shit," Julie giggled.

"Yeah I was trying to warn you," Jay said.

"It's like, gone," Julie said as she fumbled around with her hands.

"That's going to be a little tough going back," Jay said.

"Yeah, help me look ok?" Julie asked with nervousness.

Jay entered the water and started to look as well. He could not see anything, but tried to feel around the top of the water for it. As he expanded his search wider he could still not locate it.

"Maybe it went underneath," Jay said.

"Yeah I hope not," Julie said, "It's scary under there in the dark."

"Yeah not safe either," Jay said, "You can get disoriented under there and it's not good."

"Now what?" Julie sighed.

"I don't know," Jay said, "Maybe wait a while until more people are off the deck. Less chance of someone seeing. Then make a run for the shed."

"Yeah ok," Julie said as she pulled herself onto the platform.

Jay continued to look for her suit bottom as he heard Julie breathe nervously from the platform. He really could not see a thing in the water. She had dove off the outer end toward the lake. If she had gone off the other side there might have been enough light to spot it. As he looked toward the platform he could make out her form a little. Her feet were over the edge. He couldn't help thinking that now she was not wearing anything. He knew that she probably didn't feel very good about the situation and tried his best not to look in her direction. He couldn't help being curious. He knew her as being quite physically attractive, but had never been more than repulsed by her due to bad behavior. However all that was changing and he had to try to control himself.

"I can't find it, I'm sorry," Jay said as he approached the platform, several feet away from where Julie was sitting.

"Thanks for trying," Julie sighed, "I guess it's a good thing it's warm. I'll be out here a while."

"Yeah it will be ok," Jay said.

"I will be ok if you want to go back," Julie said.

"I'm good," Jay said, "I don't mind hanging out, unless you are uncomfortable. I'll stay over here."

"You know it's funny. Some guys would see this as an opportunity," Julie said.

"To have a good conversation? Yeah," Jay said, even though he knew what she meant.

"Funny," Julie said.

"I know you're nervous, just trying to make it easier," Jay said.

"I know," Julie said, "You know, now that I know that half of my clothes are gone, it does make me nervous. I mean, it was ok before when I knew where they were. What are the chances that someone will come out here for a swim?"

"Not likely while the grill is still running," Jay said, "But if it happens we'll figure it out."

"Thanks," Julie said.

"I suppose I could give you my shorts," Jay said, "After all, as my dad once said, every guy in the family has skinny dipped out here at least once. I'm the only one that hasn't yet."

"Well don't let me stop you," Julie giggled, "I'll try to look away, maybe."

Jay thought about her words and smiled. He had seen a vulnerable side of her and it was unexpected. It seemed to make him want to do the right thing. He thought quickly, then shifted his torso upward, pulling his shorts off.

"There," he said as he gently tossed his shorts toward Julie, "We're in it together now."

"Oh Jay you didn't have to do that," Julie said as she moved slightly closer to him.

"It's ok," Jay said, "Well, as long as you don't mind knowing I'm over here free as a bird, somewhat in your presence."

"It's dark," Julie said, "All I can do is use my imagination."

"You're really doing that?" Jay asked.

"To be honest a little," Julie said as she again moved a little closer, "Can't really help it under the circumstances. I'm human after all."

"I'm just an average guy, Julie," Jay said.

"No I don't think so," Julie said, "An average guy would be trying to get on top of me right now."

"Maybe a little different than average then," Jay said.

"You stood up to me," Julie said as she moved closer and faced him, "You made me realize what I was doing and it wasn't nice. I mean I was starting to realize it anyway, bt, well you know what I mean."

"You know I can almost see you," Jay said as he looked at her, "Actually I can see you a little."

"Is that bad?" Julie asked softly.

"No, but," Jay whispered.

"You know that whole boyfriend comment from Jim," Julie sighed, "It really hasn't been that easy for me. I know it's hard to believe with the attitude that I have. I act like I get around don't I?"

"Well I, yeah a little," Jay said.

"I'm not really like that. I just talk a lot," Julie said.

"That's good to hear," Jay said, "But why are you telling me this?"

Jay could now see her eyes in the dim light of just stars, and a little from the camp house. He started to revel in the kindness that she had enabled. Her gaze as sincere as it had appeared, became hypnotic. Then when she leaned forward and kissed him gently, he closed his eyes and kissed her back. Even with all of this new behavior, just a part of him thought that all of this might be some elaborate joke. But with each movement of their lips it seemed less likely.