The President's Gay Wife Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jim came out of that deep reflection to find Kitty had a been over to pay the bill and stood waiting for him to come out of it. Wasn't she so perfect! Kick-ass Kitty and Scurrilous Jim were such a perfect match. He'd attempt to sell that concept to her very soon.

They walked off to flag down cabs, going in different directions, Jim agreeing to come to the opening of Magnolia's new offices as part of Magnolia's official guest list.

"Not as your guest?"

"I'm inviting no one. This is my first public outing of Magnolia and I want it to be her afternoon."

"That's noble of you -- I've been told the whole thrust behind the office is you."

"Even if that were true why horn in? I have no need for exposure. My kick-ass reputation is sufficient for people who matter to remember who I am. Come to think of it, you could do a lot more to increase your public exposure."

"I have no need because I work for love and because with my stockholding and managing the proxies of my parents, there is no need for me to be anything more than scurrilous, lashing out with the power of my cutting words."

"I'm managing Magnolia's election campaign."

Jim's nostrils flared. "I had worked that out as being inevitable as being so appropriate. I was wondering..."

"If your newspaper could be given a crack at her on the eve of her launch?"

"Certainly. It's as good as penciled in."

"Thank you Jim. But I want much more than a cursory appraisal."

"Christ."

"She's the wife of the President."

"Granted."

"A fallen lady."

"Very much granted." Jim scratched his neck. "Look, you guys are no different than anyone else when it comes to allocation of resources and publishing space."

"Granted."

"And the fact I'm keen on you..."

"How keen?"

"Fast approaching infatuation."

"Oh dear. Please proceed."

Jim said the fact of his personal association also must be kept muted.

"Granted, I wouldn't expect anything less that level pegging except..."

"Oh Christ, here we go. What?"

"I want wee involvement."

"How big is your wee?"

Kitty told him not to be so revolting and they laughed. "I want Murray Locke to do it."

"For fuck sake Kitty, he's capable of blowing her into oblivion if he finds facts to justify that."

"I want you to send him to England to dig."

Jim stopped and waved his arms up and down like a penguin with itchy flippers.

"Finally I plea for an approach, if its fits, something like, 'Arising from a mad afternoon of disgusting excessiveness to passionate determination to redeem herself by aiming for well-deserved political glory'."

"Is that all?"

"Yes and don't be so rude."

"I'll tell you this Kitty, you can have anything you like providing you can justify it."

"Oh, excellent Mr Editor. Incidentally, why are you just editor rather than managing editor, editor in chief or executive editor?"

"Because I work as an editor so why call myself anything other than editor? I would think that would sit comfortably by all my other editors if they bothered to think about it."

"How impressive."

"Stop the crap and here are the questions. Why Murray Locke?"

"He's not out for self-glory either. He is a talented writer, roots and grunts turning over every stone and although acts just like one of the also-rans does have a line-up of awards in journalism that would fill a jeweler's shop."

"Fair enough but why send him to England - consider the expense?"

"Well, if the price is too high for your company or against damn policy, consider forking across your own money. Rumor has it you have plenty. We don't really know about the candidate. She declines to talk about her past and even fobs off me ever so cutely. Gerry refuses to talk about her background. And why did he pick her when he went to England randy and had a huge choice of comely wenches who'd be eager to come for him often."

"You are so disgusting."

"Yes, I can be at times. You have a nose for a story Jim and you know I have. I smell a story, a really big story and I'm very frustrated because I am unable to determine whether it's good or bad."

"I'll get our best London stringer to do the digging."

"Jim!"

"Okay, I don't want my ass kicked. Murray Locke can go and your suggested theme sounds acceptable to me but Murray shall decide. From unbridled lust to redemption through political glory could actually sell papers and pull in an award or two."

"Thank you, you're a good boy."

"I have to warn, this could go all wrong and all but destroy your Magnolia."

"Fine, she's expendable. But if you're wrong about that she's on her way to Parliament."

"God, you're coming close to being heartless Kitty. Magnolia has befriended you."

Kitty hailed a cab and kissing him said well it was only right to know how she was before deciding whether he wanted her tail permanently.

The cab was pulling away when it stopped and Kitty beckoned to Jim. He rushed forward.

"We almost forget. When?"

"The alley?"

"Yes dummy."

He scratched his crotch, thinking, and then replied: "Soon. The courtship will continue and we'll just head there when we both know it's time."

Kitty pulled his head through the window to kiss him. "God, no one told me you are capable of being romantic. Now off you go."

Chapter 11

Lord and Lady Fitzroy, Kitty and Skye were in a restaurant, Skye reading up on her latest interest, the very expensive book Magnolia had brought for her titled, 'How To Prepare to Enter High Society', the others engaged in Magnolia's campaign.

Kitty said, "Ask him Magnolia."

"Gerry, I demand..."

Kitty soothed, telling Magnolia to request rather than demand.

"Gerry, I request to be allowed to use my title again. Forthwith would be appreciated."

"Certainly Lady Fitzroy."

"Oh you darling ram," Magnolia said, smothering his face with tiny kisses. He didn't mind because she used gloss rather than lipstick.

"I request you lodge the maximum allowable into my personal election fund. That's a miserly $50,000 darling."

"I'll have my personal check delivered to Kitty tomorrow."

"I request Skye be assigned to me personally on a year's contract."

"If that okay by you Skye?"

"Yes Gerry."

Magnolia urged Skye to apologize and when in public call the President Lord Fitzroy.

"Skye is family," he said tolerantly. "She knows to use my title on official occasions."

Magnolia rumbled, "You two have become very close. Exactly what do you and Skye do?"

"Well dear, since you asked..."

"Gerry, for God's sake," Kitty urged. "Magnolia doesn't need to be told. Let her guess."

"I'm not bothered," Magnolia sighed. "My mind has to lift beyond that of a slut."

"Way to go girl," Kitty urged. "You mind must remain fixed on your future. Now for the final request."

"Gerry, will you kindly personally endorse me as a candidate as soon as Kitty asks you for that endorsement? You are supposed to keep from direct involvement in politics but then you are the President."

With the appearance of a rat cornered by dogs, Sir Gerald croaked, "Of course dear, I very much want to do that but protocol forbids me to do it."

Magnolia grinned and said Kitty had old her he'd say that, quoting almost exactly the words he'd used.

The three of then dwelt on organizing and conducting an effective campaign. Magnolia confessed she didn't know what was involved and Kitty acknowledging that there really was a lot more to it than she'd realized.

Gerry's eyes twinkled. "Well, don't worry ladies, most electors stand in the voting booths either unsure of who to vote for or just looking for the names that appeal."

"That's why I thought I would have an edge by using my title," Lady Fitzroy smiled. Her husband dissolved that smile in saying of course it could have a severe adverse impact.

"What did you think Kitty?" Magnolia asked anxiously.

"By true to yourself, be who you are throughout the entire campaign."

"Oh, like 'Hi voters, this is Lady Fitzroy, who blew it by becoming a lesbian and now aim to keep some mug from entering Parliament by grabbing his or her seat."

"A tad cynical," said her husband, watching his glass being refilled with red wine, but I would suggest you refer to yourself as being a retired lesbian."

He watched the hand of the wine pourer shake and nodded appreciatively when the woman managed to avoid spilling a drop.

"Actually Lady Fitzroy..."

"For goodness sake Kitty, I'm Magnolia to you and to you Skye but Skye didn't hear, being engrossed in protocol about bowing from the neck and when to curtsy with restraint or fully.

"Actually I want you to avoid all reference to your afternoon of madness apart when answering direct questions about that encounter."

"What pretend it didn't happen?"

"You won't need to worry about that, plenty of people will shout reminders. I just don't want you filling a void by mentioning it. Also tactically take the initiative and even say, 'Thank you for reminding everyone of my afternoon of madness but like all sitting MPs and new candidates I choose to put the downside incidents of my past behind me because ahead of us is the future and that is where are focus must be'. I'll coach you to become word perfect on that and to handle rebuttal with aplomb."

"Yes Magnolia," Gerry said, smacking his lips after swallowing good wine, "there are also other political ruses to use and a good one to remember is to always answer an awkward question with a question. It rarely fails and you a nimble-footed enough to succeed well. Like the crafty old fox, your focus has to be to stay ahead of the pack, in your case your detractors. As Sylvia Marsh assured us at dinner the other night you are guaranteed nomination for a seat because she will tell the committee of the electorate you have her support."

"Yes, but what does 'support' mean?"

"I explain to you darling that is the minimum she has to do. Remember, the old cow despises you."

"This discussion is unnecessary Gerry," Kitty smiled at him like she imaged an assassin would. "Magnolia and I have an appointment with Alf and the chairman of his party tomorrow to present our proposal and to be advised what's on offer."

Instead of falling out of his chair, Gerry smiled at Kitty. ""My dear, would you give me the privilege of delivering the result of that encounter to Lady Marsh at your earliest convenience."

"But I thought..."

"Party loyalty? Yes, I have that by the truckload but my dislike for the old battleaxe has soared to new heights and above party loyalty now that she showed her contempt for my dear wife in front of me."

* * *

Kitty went to the offices of theGuardian, called by Jim for an urgent meeting with the chief political reporter Murray Locke.

She entered the meeting room and kissed Jim and then turned and kissed the surprised bureau chief.

"Why did you do that? I hated you guts when I was a junior in the gallery team for this paper when it was called theCity Morning News."

"Oh, that was when you were the opposition, scum. It's different now because we're not in competition and because I need you."

Murray grinned.

"We have a crisis Kitty. Earlier this morning I received Murray's application for three months' leave, due as a sabbatical after fifteen years' service. He plans to go mountain climbing in South America and would be there at the time you'd like him nosing around in England. He's prepared to reschedule providing he is convinced it would be worthwhile. I have been unsuccessful trying to convince him, hence the call to you."

"Give you best to me baby," Murray leered and Kitty told him a married man should not look at a woman like that. They laughed and them men watched Kitty silently, knowing she was struggling with a problem. Finally she said, "Jim, could you kindly leave us. I have to break a confidence and feel uncomfortable about it."

"Right, I understand. Come to my office when you're through."

As he left Kitty said, Murray..."

"I know, my lips are sealed on this one baby."

"You know that the cream of new reporters get to that pinnacle because they have a nose for a story and act on it fearlessly when their nose twitches even knowing that failure could be all they end up with?"

"Yes, you certainly had it and I think I have it."

"You do Murray, you do. My protégé Lady Blewitt has a bodyguard whom I found for her and we three get along famously and spend a great deal of time together. I've sent myself almost stilly trying to pump Magnolia about her past, to no avail. She is incredible good."

"What, that two-bit...sorry. I wasn't aware you cared."

The bodyguard is with her 24/7 and as you can imagine they spend their waking hours together. Well I found it easier to squeeze the bodyguard, although she's definitely no pushover. Magnolia and husband had gone to bed and the bodyguard and I were chatting and during a lull she said could she tell me a big secret, that I must not tell anyone. All she said was, Magnolia told her she was a lady before she met and married the boss."

"So?"

"Don't you see, that's Lady with a capital 'L'. We all assumed she took her title when marrying the boss -- I mean Lord Fitzroy -- with his hereditary title. She was a lady with a capital L before she married him. And that explains why it was all so secret about the wedding."

"Jesus."

"Interested?"

"You bet. Come, I'll take you to the boss."

It was the first time Kitty had been in Jim's office and she loved what she found. It reeked of tradition as the 180-year-old paneled office had been dismantled and re-erected in the new office building some twenty years ago, because Jim's father wanted his father and grandfather's office as his office in the replacement building. And their son's office, breathed Kitty, looking around in awe as Jim showed her around after Murray had delivered Jim his decision.

Jim was beside himself in curiosity. "Can you give me a hint?"

"I'll do better than that except I can't say how I found out. Lady Magnolia was Lady Magnolia in her own right before her marriage to Sir Gerald."

"Is that all?"

"Well, inside me I know we are going to be blown away with the findings."

"What, up the peerage line a bit?"

"My sixth sense tells me quite a bit."

"Jesus."

"You and Murray are a little alike in your one-word utterances."

Jim shrugged, appearing not to understand and his mind was roaring away about an exposé that would also capture the passionate interest of the British and Commonwealth media when theGuardian released it.

Within minutes Kitty left for the Office of Public Records to look up the copy of Lady Magnolia's marriage certificate and immigration and citizenship application details to hand over to Murray. She knew it would be useless going to Gerry because his lips were sealed on this matter. She decided to do the searches to confine those involved to the expected exposé to the minimum and would hand over relevant findings to Murray. The findings were significant, to say the least.

* * *

Leaving the meeting with Alf Struthers, leader of the New Age Party and party chairman, Magnolia said to Kitty, "I don't like that Struthers man at all."

"Join the club but this is politics; we have to do what we have to do."

"Like shoot him? Little wonder his poor wife zeroed in on me for sympathy and love but look where that got her?"

"Out of a loveless marriage she found appalling?"

"Oh yes, I have to agree. And with a good attorney she'll be able to afford to live in comfort until she finds a more suitable prospective husband; that is if she bothers to look. I can't understand why you were so quick for me to accept their offer of the Seat of Harrington."

"Simple, because it's a marginal seat in a quite toffee-nose area, center of private schools, inhabited substantially with people of middle income parents who are on the way up and to whom wealth and privilege really mean something."

"How did you know that?"

"Because the seat was number two on my list of ten seats that I would recommend acceptance of any one of them. We could not expect them to offer you a Blue Ribbon seat. Alf and Gatland will expect you to win Harrington which is why they indicated the selection process would be managed to ensure you became the candidate."

Magnolia looked at the improving quality of dwellings as they drove closer to their more familiar part of the city. By managed do you mean rigged?

"I'm sure the word rigged is a banned word anywhere near the election process."

"Yes if course. How well did I present?"

"Marvelous darling, you present like a winner. Every day I see that confidence building and I'm finding it more and more difficult to find bits to polish."

"That's good isn't it? You know not to expect perfection from me."

"True, but the goal is near-perfection. You'll achieve that goal."

* * *

Gatecrashers outnumbered invited guests and a small representation of the media at the opening in the Media Conference Center of the new division of the Prime Minister's Department called the Office of Equal Opportunity. Lady Fitzroy looked sensational in the tight multi-blue silk gown Kitty had found for her at Kitty's favorite boutique.

"We will run short of refreshments," Magnolia worried.

"Relax, parliamentary catering is on to it."

"Oh thank you Kitty. Why is that awful Lady Marsh here?"

"Because I invited her on your behalf. I want her to hear you speak and be impressed."

"But why, I am to accept the Huntington Seat aren't I?"

"Harrington Seat darling. No. Within a few days Lady Marsh will have brought her cronies into line and under 'management' will offer you the seat of your choice, within reason."

"And what seat will I choose?"

"Where you live of course, Mayfair Heights"

Magnolia almost dropped her clutch bag in surprise, just managing to grasp it. "But that is Spencer Arnold's seat he's held for nineteen years."

"So long that he's political irrelevant and his majority, at his peak of 11,759 has gradually slid and now is in red zone of 699. A slight swing away from the Government and that once Blue Ribbon seat is gone."

"But me as the alternative to Spence Arnold, who's something of an institution. I really don't think so."

Kitty patted her boss on the arm. "Think politically darling, with you not standing for Mayfair Heights but standing for Harrington, National Unity know they are staring down the barrel of effectively losing two seats if they stay with Spencer."

"God Kitty, how do you know all this?"

"I'm never out of range of politics. Here comes Lord Humphries to pat your ass. Remember to ask him to consider becoming the inaugural patron of our office, subject to lodging a handsome donation."

Magnolia protested saying they hadn't discussed such an appointment.

"But we have now darling. Being retired President of the Court of Appeal, he'll have an interest because he was Chief Judge of the Employment Court until his elevation. Two grand and we'll consider his honorary appointment, five grand and it's his. Remember to ask after the health of his wife, Lady Marion."

"Are you sure it isn't The Lady Marion?"

"Does it matter, this is not England. Good luck with your speech. Oh, by the way, Lady Marsh was invited so that Gerry can drop the bombshell of you being offered Harrington by Alf. Come on, don't look like that. You're in politics where everyone remains friendly until they have the chance to put in the knife."

Magnolia spoke beautifully.

Only one sticky question came during media question time: "Why is your total staff all women?"

"Our office has a policy of equal employment opportunity Samuel. To get the office off to a good start we decided to attempt to poach known good performers. We approached seven males and seven females. Job offers were presented to the two males and six females and entered the hiring process that comprised a male chairman, my manager and myself and only the six females proceeded, of which five were recruited. We still have one vacancy Samuel is you wish to apply. Next question please."