The River

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The guy did actually come and visit Loretta a couple of times; but that was all. We haven't seen him in yonks. He's regularly paid maintenance directly into Bethany's bank account every month since though. Actually, he must be on a damned good screw, what with the maintenance money he pays Beth for Loretta and the alimony he has to pay his ex-wife and maintenance for their children. Either that, or he's living on the bloody bread line. I can't say that I've seen him about town in the evenings since.

I think that's everything, although someone is bound to complain that I've forgotten something; but hey, what's new?

Whoops, no it isn't! Anybody spot that I get away with calling Josette, Josie? You know, I didn't. That was until Carrie pointed it out to me one day in a rather confusing statement.

"Mum's only ever let two people get away with calling her Josie, dad, and that's you and my dad!"

Life Goes On

-------------------------------------------------

End note One of my proof readers who resides outside of the UK, often picks up on some of the colloquialisms I use, that they feel some readers might not have come across before. In the past I've put these clarifications at the beginning of stories. Henceforth I will only list them in the opening text and explain them in the story's end note, where I have more room; I hope.

Clarifications:-

Towpath, a path beside a river or canal, originally used as a pathway for horses towing barges.

Bedsit, a rented room consisting of a combined bedroom and living room, with cooking facilities.

Wobbly, (in this incidence) a fit of panic. Besides the definitions given in most dictionaries colloquially wobbly can also mean, a fit of temper, also referred to as "Throwing a wobbly!" Or it can refer to something that (or someone who) isn't exactly kosher in some way. "There's definitely something a bit wobbly about that guy!"