The Secret Admirer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Deb smells the stationary as she always has. The cologne sends a shiver through her body like never before. Under the tissue paper, she finds: A red full Length gown. Whispy chiffon with a demure front, and crisscross straps on the open back that plunges to the small of the back. It fits at the waist and drapes to the floor. The leg is cut tortuously high up the thigh. It's her size.

A separate box has shoes to match.

"This will make the nail polish selection tonite much easier," she adds as she stifles a gasp. She swallows hard and takes a deep breath. ___

Friday

The big day has arrived. All of Deb's senses are on High Alert. She woke at 5 a.m. this morning, got up and started hustling around the house. She laid out all her clothes and undergarments, made breakfast, read the paper and did a number of things she wouldn't normally have time to do on a workday. But this was no ordinary day; this was no ordinary week! She took a moment to reflect on how much her life had seemed to change in such a short time, all at the hands of a mysterious romantic man with a mission to win her heart.

Deb felt euphoric. She looked in the mirror and saw a younger woman, prettier hair, perfect nails, soft, tight skin. Her trip to the salon last night was unbelievable. Every beautician working seemed to be focussed on her. She remembers the looks on their faces when she showed them the gown and asked for a manicure and polish to match. She hadn't confided this was a mysterious encounter, just that she was going to a romantic dinner in a very formal and elegant restaurant. Everyone laughed and had a ball. The salads sent over from the deli were scrumptious, and enough for everyone to enjoy. They even had wine!

"Whoa! " said her boss the moment she walked in the door. "You look very nice today, Deb" he complimented in the diplomatic way a boss, all too familiar with the laws of sexual harassment would. Deb beamed a bright smile. She knew she wouldn't be able to contain the way she felt today, so she just let it flow. She crossed the room to her desk. Eyes followed her closely in the same way they had all week long. In the center of her desk, in a clear crystal vase - a dozen long-stemmed red roses. Their fragrance filled the air in a 10-foot radius. The card attached simply read:

See you tonight,

You Know Who

Very few details were left, the only thing between Deb and her romantic rendezvous with Mr. Wonderful was time. Although her workday was filled with the usual frustrations and challenges, they weren't getting to her much. She focussed hard on her work to avoid staring at the clock and the next thing she knew it was lunch. Mail arrived shortly thereafter, and with it came the daily letter:

Debra,

The stage is set. Everything has been arranged. All that is left is the moment of truth, and the hours of fun, romance and laughter to follow. Thank you for being my guest this evening. In my eyes, there is no one more deserving of this night than you.

YSA

Moments later the Courier arrived. Today he said nothing. He seemed serious--formal. Deb signs for the small package and handed him the pen.

"Thank you, Ms. Debra," he replied, and departed.

Inside the box was another note:

One last detail. For your ears and neck. This should almost complete your wardrobe for this evening. I can hardly wait to see them on you. YSA

Deb popped the lid on the jewelry box. Sparkling half carat round cut diamond earrings in a platinum setting. Surround the earrings was a Classic Diamond Solitaire Pendant. 14K white gold chain with a brilliant half carat round cut diamond.

Deb heard a little scream escape her lips, but quickly closed the lid and stuffed the box into her purse before anyone noticed. She bolted for the ladies room where she slipped into a stall and studied the gems for another 10 minutes- her heart pounding through her chest.

___

Deb drops her daughter off at her best friend’s house and does her best to deflect her constant inquiries along the way. "I'll be home to pick you up around 11p.m. and I'll tell you all about it then".

Once home she begin her pre-date routine. "It's 5:30,o.k. I've got an hour and a half before my ride is here," she notes as she turns on the water to her bath.

The time flies past, but she's ready on time. She can't believe the person before her in the mirror. Never did she imagine she would look like this. She felt like a Queen. The emotion of it all suddenly surfaces and tears fill her eyes. "I can't believe this is happening to me," she sniffles as she dabs them dry. Just then, the doorbell rings.

Deb grabs her coat and purse, steadies herself, and walks to the door. Completely collected, she opens the door. Outside stands a Chauffeur, uniform and all. Over his arm lay a coat.

"Ms. Debra?" he inquires " Are you ready?" With this he holds up the full length black Cashmere coat. Deb tosses her coat in the closet and extends her arm into the first sleeve. The contrast of black Cashmere with the diamond earrings enhances their glow. Deb accepts the Chauffeur’s arm and walks to the stretch limousine parked in front.

"Where are we going, Driver?" Deb asks anxiously.

"GoodFellows, Madam" he replies.

Deb grabs her phone and dials her friend. "He's taking me to Goodfellas!" she blurts out the second the phone is answered. "I am riding in a Limo!!" "I'll call ya later, bye" and she hangs up.

A few minute later they pull up in front. A doorman for the restaurant opens her door. He says Good evening and takes her hand. The double Cherrywood doors with brass handles open in front of her. Three steps away stands her man.

___

EPILOGUE

All good things must come to an end...But that's not to say another book can't be written. From the moment they meet, to the time they have at dinner and what happens afterwards is really a separate story. So who is the Secret Admirer? Anyone you want it to be. I didn't know how the story would end when I started. But as it evolved it really became more about the transformation of Deb: the way she felt about herself, and the way people perceived her.

I don't know how the identity of one's perfect Secret Admirer can be written by anyone other than the Receiver. I hope this doesn't disappoint too much, but if you reread the story, I'll think you'll agree this is the way it has to end.

I am dying to hear feedback on this story. Let me know what you think, and how you might have ended the story. Thanks for reading.

The End

12