The Snow Angel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Brent," she said lying in bed with me after making love. "When I think back on what happened I always get a chill down my spine. It terrifies me to think about it, but not like you might think. I know it sounds crazy, but what scares me is thinking what if he had been a changed man when he came back. We might have never found each other if that happened. I realize the good and the bad are all part of what brought me to where I am today. If I was given a chance to go back and change the past I turn it down without a second thought. There no way I'd risk losing what I have with you now."

I had bought an engagement ring for her a few weeks before that night. We were planning a trip with her to visit her family and I was going to ask her parents for her hand before popping the question, but when I heard that my plans changed right away. I went to our closet, got the ring out its hiding place, and asked her to marry me right away. That night I went to comfort her at the diner I promised myself I'd keep her safe and now I was promising to do it forever. She said yes of course and we're getting married in late spring.

We haven't gone through another blackout since that first weekend together, but I just came up from the basement of our new house where I turned off the power at the fuse box. It's a cold evening and I opened a few windows, Valerie won't be back for hours yet. It should be freezing by the time she gets home. I'm sure we'll find a way to keep warm though.