The Soprano Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sebastien touched her shoulder in a gentle caress as he learned down to kiss her cheek in greeting. But as his lips brushed her soft skin, he felt her trembling in his arms, smelled the sweet scent of her perfume. He could not control the impulse to let his lips trespass upon hers for a moment. When he pulled away, Claire looked as shocked as if he had just suggested something far more lascivious than a chaste kiss. Aaron was practicing his best blank expression.

"Um...um..." Claire mumbled vaguely, her blush deepening. For a long moment, no one said anything. Then Aaron ventured bravely into the silence.

"You two are...dating?" His voice was empty of judgment, but Claire looked down at her feet uncomfortably.

"We are," Sebastien answered, placing his finger beneath Claire's chin and tipping her face up to look at him. "I love you, Claire, and perhaps it is time we began letting others know."

"I don't think I'm ready yet," she said softly.

"No one else knows?" Aaron asked in a gentle tone.

"Aside from our families, no. I am afraid my musicians will never look at me quite the same way once they find out," Sebastien said ruefully.

"You? What about me? It's such a stereotype. Innocent young girl moves to the city, falls in love with a mysterious, charming older man -- and her boss; it just couldn't get any worse!"

"Now, it's not that bad at all," Aaron cut it, patting her shoulder soothingly and giving her a sympathetic smile. "The musicians are all wonderful people, and I'm sure they'll only be as happy for you as I am." He touched Sebastien's arm in the kind of familiar affectionate way that Sebastien allowed of so few people, and Claire realized they probably had worked together for years and knew each other quite well.

"Ah, look, my wife is trying to get my attention. Good luck with whatever you decide." With that and a smile, Aaron disappeared into the now thinning crowd leaving Claire and Sebastien quite alone.

"I think he is right, mon abeille. It may be uncomfortable at first, but it would be the best thing."

"He might be right, but that doesn't mean I have to like it," Claire said, pouting a little in spite of herself.

"It would mean not having to hide..." That was true, and persuasive, but it was just too much. Why did he have to keep springing the idea on her? "There is no need to decide tonight," he said softly. She nodded, but said nothing.

"Claire...are you not pleased to see me?" he asked, sounding so uncertain of himself that Claire wasn't sure for a moment quite what to say.

"No, I am. Of course I am. I was just surprised."

"Did you perhaps have other plans tonight?"

"I did..."

"I see."

"...but since they mostly consisted of sitting around my apartment feeling nervous about seeing you tomorrow, I guess they're shot anyway." She smiled a little at her pathetic joke, and was pleased to see him return it. "If you wouldn't mind waiting a minute, I'll go get changed."

"Of course." He watched her head back into the church, and then walked lazily around the courtyard looking up at the stars. So she was nervous about his return, was she? Well, that made two of them. Only his nerves had just begun. He couldn't expect the night to just be business as usual between them after everything that had happened, but he hoped they wouldn't spend it deep in miserable conversation either. He certainly deserved it, no question about that, but it would be a sorry way to spend any evening, much less the first one they were together after a week apart.

Movement from the corner of his eye caught his attention, and he looked back toward the church to see Claire emerging. He noticed that she'd taken her hair out of its braid and pulled back into a ponytail, the auburn waves flicking back and forth as she walked. It was a hairstyle she wore infrequently, and Sebastien found it oddly appealing. He was surprised also by her outfit, which was much more casual than her usual attire.

He realized that he had only seen her in jeans a handful of times, and usually they were paired with heels and blouses. Tonight she wore what looked like an older pair, more faded, with a thin, form-fitting t-shirt and trendy sneakers. She hadn't washed off any of her makeup, and looked like any college student going on a casual date.

Actually...he remembered a time, not so very long ago, when Claire had come to his apartment dressed almost exactly the same way. How angry she had been with him that day. It was as if the casual dress was supposed to be an insult -- he would take her that way or not at all. Well. He had taken her. Her clothes tonight reminded him forcefully of how young she really was, how innocent she'd been before they'd come together and peeled back those layers, one by one.

She was apologizing for her attire even before he started walking toward her, mumbling something about how she hadn't expected to be seeing him. But her words cut off abruptly as he strode forward and took her into his arms. He pressed his palms into her back and kissed her deeply, swallowing the little sound of surprise she made.

He kissed her as though he wasn't sure he would ever get another chance at it, gripping the fabric of her t-shirt so tightly Claire was afraid he might tear it. Then his grip loosened and he slid his hands down her back to her ass and squeezed it through her jeans. Claire was surprised; this was very un-Sebastien-like behavior for a public place. Though everyone had left at this point, they were still technically in a place where anyone driving by could see.

All at once, Sebastien lifted her up and she had to wrap her legs around his waist to keep them both upright. Without once breaking contact between their lips, he walked her back toward the church until he had her pinned up against the wall. Claire shivered as he began kissing down her neck, feeling him pressed up against her so intimately.

"Stop, Sebastien. This...this isn't what I want." That she'd used his name stilled his lips on her skin immediately, but he didn't lift his head. He didn't want to see the look in her eyes.

"What do you want?" he asked, his lips brushing against her neck as he spoke.

"Too much has come between us. I want things to go back to the way they used to be. Before the secrets and the lies...back when things were simpler. When I was afraid of you, and the fear and the attraction made my heart race every time I saw you. The times you first touched me, and I was terrified I wouldn't be what you wanted, or that you could just toss me aside, but the pleasure, it...it was like nothing I'd ever felt before, and it made everything worth it." Her breath caught in her throat and Sebastien stood still, so still, waiting for her to tell him what she needed. But she fell silent, just touched the tip of her nose gently to his ear. He shifted, setting her back down on the ground and looking at her once more.

"Mon abeille. If the past few weeks have taught me anything, it is what a fool I was to think of keeping such a secret from you. How much I, too, miss the way we used to be together, how much I dearly hope that someday you can look at me without the shadow of suspicion in your eyes. I want you to know, Claire, that I love you, that you are precious to me, and that I want to give you everything that you desire and more. Can you tell me what that is tonight?"

"I'm not sure. I want something...familiar. Something comfortable. Something that reminds us of who we are and why we're together." Sebastien nodded thoughtfully. "But, Maestro...this does't mean I've forgiven you." As she said it, she realized it wasn't totally true. She was still upset, but she knew he hadn't ever meant to hurt her. Sebastien's face was closed down, careful, but the flash of pain she'd seen was like a lance to her heart.

"Of course," he said stiffly, "and I would not deserve it if you had."

"Oh, Sebastien," she said, so softly, touching his cheek. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"You have nothing to apologize for." Claire didn't know quite how to respond, so she just leaned into him, pressing her cheek into his chest. He wound his arms around her and sighed, so she heard his breath and the beating of his heart. Then Sebastien drew back, regarding her carefully.

"You wish things to be simpler."

"Yes."

"You wish to be afraid of me."

"Well...yes."

"When, precisely, had you stopped being afraid of me?" he asked in a dark tone, making Claire's eyes widen in surprise.

"It's...it's not exactly that I stopped, just that so many other things have gotten in the way."

"I see." He wasn't entirely sure that he did, but he was thinking. She was right, of course. The business of falling in love alone had taken attention away from the simple pleasures of terrorizing and pleasing her, to say nothing of the complications of symphony politics. It wasn't likely to get better very quickly, but at least occasionally they should take a night to put that all aside and just be together. Tonight could be that night.

"Come, I am taking you to my flat tonight." Claire followed him to the car and slid into the back seat beside him. She nodded a greeting to Tom, who returned the gesture as he started the car. A sense of excitement was growing in her as she realized she had no idea what was in store for her. It could be anything; Sebastien could and often did push her up to her very limits. She watched him from the corner of her eye, knowing he was slipping into the person who created so much pain and pleasure for her.

But of course, she reminded herself, this person was so close to the skin for him. It wasn't a sexual persona he'd had to cultivate over the years. It was so much a part of who he was, and she knew that was part of the turn on.

The car was so utterly quiet on the way back to his apartment that it was almost unnerving. Although she suspected it might break his train of thought, Claire shifted close and rested her head on his shoulder. To her surprise, he slid his arm around her, drawing her head in against his chest. The scent of his cologne overwhelmed her senses and she finally felt herself relaxing.

At last Tom turned downward and parked the car in its usual spot in the underground garage. At a signal from Sebastien, he got out and then disappeared to wherever he usually went at times like this. Sebastien turned to Claire and did the last thing she was expecting at that moment: he kissed her. It was a soft, tender kiss, full of longing. The kiss said he missed her, he loved her, he was sorry. It was wistful and joyful and turned into an intense, hungry thing in a matter of seconds. When they parted, Sebastien's chest was rising and falling a bit too quickly.

"You look altogether too appealing in jeans and a t-shirt, you know. It is almost too bad we have to take them off so soon. Ah, well. Please go ahead upstairs. I need to...collect myself. Wait in the bedroom."

With a shy smile and a little nod, Claire headed into the building. Sebastien watched her hips move side to side as she walked, shifted his own as he felt himself harden even more, though he wasn't sure how that was possible. He leaned his head back on the seat. It seemed strange, but he was actually nervous. It wasn't as if they were going up there to do anything they hadn't done before, but...Somehow it seemed more significant. As if he was desperate to prove to Claire that they could block everything out and just be together. He sat for a few moments in silence before following Claire upstairs.

Meanwhile, Claire let herself into Sebastien's apartment. She flipped on the heat and then headed upstairs. In his bedroom, she disrobed and her thoughts began to turn to him. What was he thinking right now? What would he do to her tonight? It would be nice to have a quiet night in.

Folding her clothes, she felt a shiver run through her. It was still a bit chilly in the bedroom, but she was sure it would warm up soon. She wasted no time wondering how he would want to find her when he came up; she already knew. Naked and kneeling on the edge of his bed, waiting for him. Kneeling until her thighs ached, until she was wet and hot all over. She knelt, spreading her knees apart, and placed her hands palm-down on her thighs. Focusing her eyes on the floor, she waited.

A few moments passed before the door opened. Claire glanced up to see Sebastien in the doorway, his shirt unbuttoned and his eyes raking over her hungrily. The time apart had been hard on them both. Their eyes met and Claire's cheeks pinked before she turned her gaze back to the floor. Sebastien shrugged out of his shirt and draped it over the nearby armchair, picking up a multi-tendriled object she knew so well. He brought it over to the bed and set it beside her.

Sebastien stepped away from the bed and returned with a small box and a length of smooth, black rope. Claire shifted, unable to keep still from excitement. Inside the box was her matching set of wrist cuffs, ankle cuffs, and collar, all in a stunning ruby red. He fastened them on her methodically. Her pulse sped faster with each creak of the leather as the cuffs tightened.

Then, Sebastien turned to the rope. Positioning her hands back on her ankles, he drew the rope around her body and through the rings on her cuffs and collar. Twice between her legs it went, sliding through her wetness and rubbing against her in the most tantalizing way. It sent sparks of pleasure through her with each tiny movement, and she hoped Sebastien would go easy on her.

He stepped back, surveying his work. Claire's chest was pushed forward, her skin already taking on a soft blush as she fought not to pull on her bonds.

"Look at me," he said softly, and she raised her eyes to see him holding a camera. "May I? I want to remember this forever."

She couldn't speak, could only nod. Sebastien snapped a few shots, then put the camera down. He picked up the Stinger and trailed it down her body teasingly.

"Forgive me if I cannot control myself perfectly tonight, mon abeille. Your body, your perfect obedience, you drive me mad."

Before she could even think of a response, he drew back and brought the Stinger back down on her. It wasn't a hard strike, but her skin exploded in tingles and heat flew through her in a rush. Another slap nearly brought tears to her eyes as the tendrils curled painfully over her nipples. Then one on her soft stomach, followed by one between the legs.

That last was always the most intense sensation, the one that made her jerk in surprise and pain. Only now when she moved, the ropes slid against her and made her cry out. The writhing pulled her collar tighter against her neck and she already knew she could not hold out for long. Sebastien repeated the cycle -- upper chest, breasts, stomach, between the legs -- adding in lighter, teasing motions to her inner thighs. After two more rounds, Claire was already panting and asking for a break.

"So I am not the only one whose control is held by far too thin a thread..." Claire ran her tongue over her lower lip and gave a short nod. She still didn't trust herself to speak. Her body was straining to remain upright, making the ropes rub her most intimately. At that moment she knew she was too far gone. Even if he didn't hit her again, she would come, and soon. She whimpered softly and Sebastien studied her. He could see her struggle in the tension of her body, the wild look in her eyes.

Without warning he fell to his knees, pressing his cool cheek against the heated skin of her inner thigh. He slid forward, gripping her waist to steady her as he drew his tongue over her in one long, slow motion. Claire flinched, trying to keep control by digging her fingernails into her ankles. But there was no way to defend against Sebastien. He bit down then, gently, running his tongue over her, and she cried out helplessly as she came. She shook all over, straining her bonds and tightening the collar around her neck.

"Please, please Maestro, no more!" she gasped at last. Sebastien have her a last, lingering taste before pulling back, but she could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't done with her yet. Not nearly done.

With shaking fingers he pulled at the knots that kept her tied up. After a moment of frustration he was able to pull out all of the rope. Claire knew he was impatient by the way he tossed it to the floor instead of coiling it neatly first. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her up to her feet, where she fell against his body with trembling knees. Sliding his hands up he unbound her hair and ran his fingers through it before claiming her mouth with his. Claire traced the waistband of his pants, letting her fingers ask what her mouth could not. She had learned her lesson.

"Yes, take them off." Sebastien said, sounding a bit out of breath himself. Knowing how it affected him only inflamed her more. She unsnapped his pants and pushed them down his legs, brushing against his hard length with her hair on the way down. Sebastien actually groaned above her, but when she reached up to touch him he grasped her hand so tightly it hurt. "Do not touch me," he said sharply. Claire blushed, mumbling out an apology, but he just shook his head firmly. "No, it is just that...I cannot..."

Claire understood then, her cheeks coloring even more deeply. Sebastien ducked his head to give her another kiss and then picked her up and dropped her onto the bed. He pushed her onto her stomach and then lifted her hips up to plunge in with a sigh. Picking up the forgotten Stinger he slapped her lightly with it over back and buttocks, making her whimper and writhe below him.

He thrust into her harder. She knew her hips would show the bruises from her fingertips, but she didn't care. He was striking her harder again, and she could feel the warm, wet wave of pleasure growing deep inside. The sound of their bodies coming together filled the room alongside strangled moans and short, harsh breaths. Then his voice in her ear.

"Come for me, my darling, my Claire. I need to feel you." He dropped the Stinger and slid his hand below her, dragging through the slickness he found there in rough circles. At once the explosion inside her head blocked out any sight, any sound, any sensation except the rhythmic pulsating and the feeling of him pumping his come into her.

When it was over, she dropped her head to the pillow and sighed. Sebastien slid out of her and collapsed down beside her. He ran his hand up and down her back, unable to keep from touching her now that they were back together.

There was so much they could have said, but neither of them wanted to spoil the silence. Sebastien rolled out of bed, somewhat reluctantly, and ducked into the bathroom to fill the tub with warm, soapy water. He returned to sweep Claire into his arms and then settled them both in the bathtub. His lips again found hers and they sunk into each other, shutting out the world.

-----

It was getting on into late afternoon on a Thursday in early May, when the sun was shining brightly and the scent of blooming flowers was carried on into the symphony hall. Sebastien wasn't in as cheery a mood, however, as some of the musicians who tripped in that day. Their last performance set was coming up soon, and in his opinion they were nowhere near ready. Oh, the main pieces were all set -- Schumann's Symphony No. 1 and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring -- but those were ordinary symphonic repertoire.

The piece they were going to rehearse today was assuredly...not. They had squeezed rehearsals in wherever they could for the past few weeks, but Sebastien had only given them their music a month ago and he could hardly expect miracles. The problem was that it really had to be perfect. Naturally he liked all of their music to be perfect, but this had to be...well, truly perfect.