The Taking of Lena Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I never said I was proud of this...this certainly isn't the type of conquest I'd boast about," Renz muttered.

But then Karl surprised him with his next query.

"Have you ever told her any of this?" Karl asked. Renz shook his head. That was a conversation he'd never wanted to have with her.

They sat silently for several moments. Renz took a sip of water, moistening his drying throat, and he desperately wished for something stronger.

But Renz had finished the last of his brandy and Scotch whiskey the night before.

"You truly love her?" Karl asked finally. Renz sighed wearily.

"Wholly," he answered. Karl slightly looked to the ceiling, and appeared highly pensive.

"Does she love you?" Karl asked, back at full attention. Renz laughed dryly and shook his head.

"She called me a savage and a rapist and left me for a servant. What do you think?" Renz asked. Karl's eyes narrowed.

"I think that telling a woman that men will think she's a whore is probably the last thing you should do to convince her of your love," Karl responded. Renz brought his fingers to his temples as he tried to quash his pulsing headache.

"What else do you think will happen to her, Karl? She's beautiful and naïve and unmarried. She has no family, and she's traveling with a boy who can't take care of her. What kinds of things do you think she'll be forced to do in order to feed herself? Do you have any idea the type of men that will try to take advantage of a her?" Renz asked, shaking with anger.

Karl reached forward and placed his hand on Renz's shoulder. Renz brushed him off, but took several deep breaths to calm himself down.

"She seems like a resourceful girl. And I think she's much stronger than you realize," Karl said. Renz shook his head.

"You didn't see her when she left," Renz said sharply. Karl nodded in agreement.

"No, I didn't. But I did examine her, quite personally if you remember, the day after you returned," Karl said.

Renz looked away from him, not wanting to be judged.

"And?" Renz pressed. Karl folded his hands and looked down at the floor for a few moments.

"And...given what you've told me today...it is my belief that Lena is exceptionally resilient," Karl said.

"But what if someone else hurts her? Surely you know of the dangers of a woman with her social standing...without money," Renz said. Karl nodded.

"I do. In fact, it was you who kept my mother from entering that very situation, once father left. It was you who kept us comfortable, despite the disapproval of Johann. It was you who sponsored my schooling," Karl said. Renz shrugged his shoulders.

"There was never a question. I told you before you needn't mention it again," Renz said quickly, hoping to move past the topic. Karl slightly laughed.

"As much as you avoid it, you are capable of altruism. My advice? You need to show that to Lena. She's only seen one part of you," Karl said. Renz sighed heavily and rolled his eyes.

"And how in the hell am I supposed to do that when I have no idea where she is?" Renz asked curtly. Karl stared at the floor thoughtfully. When he finally looked back at Renz, he had a hopeful smile on his face.

"That's something I may be able to help with. I have some information that may be of use to you..."

******

******

Lena had felt uneasy all day, and it impacted her work. She kept going back to that conversation she'd had with Georg that morning. He'd seemed oddly suspicious of Erich, and Lena didn't know why. Erich was such a gentle and friendly person.

Perhaps he'd just forgotten about paying their rent. He spent his days meeting with people, building relationships, and trying to find ways to invest what she earned from the factory. Lena was certain that Erich was just stressed, and possibly a bit scattered.

When work ended, Lena hurried back to the pub, eager to find Erich and help him relax. He wasn't in the apartment when she arrived, so she took the time to prepare a modest meal for him, and waited patiently for him to return.

Several hours passed and Erich didn't appear. Lena began feeling agitated, wondering if something had happened to him. She shook away the thought, and tried to convince herself that he'd just lost track of time in his efforts.

Erich eventually returned, and Lena began feeling wary when she realized he smelled of smoke and alcohol.

"Where were you? I was worried," Lena said. Erich smiled and gleefully walked towards her. Lena squealed when she felt his arms rapidly encircle her body, and he spun her around excitedly.

"I'm so sorry to have worried you Lena, but I have wonderful news to share! But first, tell me about your day," Erich said.

Lena watched him as he removed his jacket and reached for the food she'd prepared for him. He ate quickly, and Lena chuckled, slightly relaxing, for he'd never looked more boyish to her.

"Work was...decent. That doctor listened to my lungs again," Lena said. Erich chewed quickly and took several large gulps of cold tea.

"Oh? Is he finally going to give you some medicine?" Erich asked. Lena shook her head.

"No, that's not what he's there for...but he says I do not have to worry too much. I also spoke to Georg his morning," Lena said tentatively.

Erich paused his eating, and he looked up at her, intrigued.

"What did you have to say to him?" Erich asked. Lena slightly frowned. His voice was even and moderate, as always, but she sensed a bit of anxiety with it too.

"Well...he told me that our rent was past due. But I told him there must have been a mistake...since you told me you paid him three days ago," Lena said.

Erich looked down at his plate, and resumed eating in much smaller bites.

"Erich?"

He was silent as he continued eating, and Lena became nervous again. He eventually paused to reach into his pocket and pulled out a large roll of bank notes.

Lena covered her mouth in shock at the large amount of money on the table. She was stunned, and couldn't believe that Erich had managed to make that much so quickly.

"Where did you...how?" Lena asked, stunned. Erich smiled triumphantly.

"I just paid Georg downstairs. And if everything continues to go well...we will be living someplace much more comfortable very soon," Erich said. Lena grinned happily, and she walked over to him and gave his shoulders a fond squeeze.

"I am very proud of you, Erich. How did you do it?" she asked. Erich brought his hand to hers and gently stroked her fingers.

"No need to worry about that," Erich said. He brought his lips to her hand and kissed softly, and Lena felt the unease within her begin to stir again. She wasn't certain, but it felt as if Erich had dismissed her.

Lena walked away from him, and reached for his slightly stained jacket. It smelled heavily of smoke, and Lena resolved to clean it for him. She reached into his pockets and emptied the contents on a nearby end table, and a small, cream-colored card caught her eye.

The letters "A.R." were printed in elegant black ink on the front, and on the back, there was a blood red spade. Lena thought it looked odd for a calling card.

"Erich...why did you lie about the payment?" Lena asked. She continued staring at the card as she listened to him finish his plate.

"I just didn't want you to be concerned. This return...it arrived a bit later than I'd planned," Erich said. She could feel him approaching her from behind, and Lena tucked the card into her pocket on a whim.

"We're in this together, Erich. I believe in you, truly...but I need to know if you're having trouble. I can help you, support you," Lena offered softly.

Erich frowned then, and Lena approached him sympathetically. She reached out to hold his hand, but he recoiled from her touch.

"What's wrong?" she asked, genuinely worried. Erich paced and breathed heavily, and he ran a hand through his messy blond hair. When he brought his eyes back to hers, his face looked exhausted and grim.

"You have no idea the pressure I'm under," Erich said eventually. Lena blinked wildly, and she shook her head in confusion. She'd never seen Erich look so unhappy.

"What pressure? Tell me so I can help you," Lena pleaded. She reached for him again, but he swiftly moved away from her, flinching away as if she were harmful to touch.

Lena stood still and eyed Erich as he circled the small room several times, and she felt her heart ache when she observed just how distressed and tired he seemed.

He eventually paused, and placed his hands on his hips. He breathed hard several times, staring directly at the ceiling. When he finally looked at her, his handsome face was frustrated.

"Pressure...to provide for you," he said solemnly. His answer surprised her. Lena wanted to approach him, to physically comfort him, but his posture suggested he wasn't yet ready for that.

"Erich...I know we don't have much, but we have more than many others. And I've never asked you to take care of me...that's why I work six days out of the week at the factory," Lena reasoned. Erich shook his head and began pacing again, and Lena sensed that he was growing even more discontent.

"I hear you crying every night Lena. This isn't the lifestyle you're used to. You went from serving a wealthy family to being a...concubine for one of the richest men on this continent," Erich snapped.

Lena felt a sharp pain in her chest as his words occupied the air between them, and she lowered her head and pursed her lips together to suppress her hurt.

She heard Erich sigh, and she stared at the floor as he walked towards her.

"Lena, I'm sorry—"

"I never asked to be with Herr Wolfenbarger," Lena said flatly. She looked up at Erich with fixed eyes, and she saw that his anger was beginning to soften.

"But you could have left him sooner. You certainly didn't have to go to Berlin," Erich said. Lena felt her face begin to turn hot. She really didn't want to talk about Renz with him.

"Erich...I had nowhere else to go. I lost so much so quickly...can't you understand that?" she asked softly.

Erich sighed again, and he stepped away from her.

"I understand that...all that his money could buy was probably very enticing to a girl like you," Erich said bitterly.

Lena gasped, not quite believing what she'd just heard him say.

"What do you mean? I never had any interest in his money. I certainly never asked for any, and I never would!" Lena exclaimed.

"But you had no problem accepting his gifts, didn't you? The jewelry, the clothes...that trip to Berlin changed you, Lena. You looked at him differently when you returned. I saw you," Erich said, voice rising.

Lena could taste blood begin to pool in her mouth. She hadn't realized she'd been biting her lip so hard in her attempt to suppress her hurt. Erich had never been this unkind, this judgmental. He'd never before yelled at her. For several moments, she was too shocked to speak.

"His wealth had nothing to do with that change, Erich," Lena said slowly. Erich's eyebrows rose expectantly.

"Don't tell me you fell in love with him," Erich said dryly. Lena flinched when she heard that word, and she lowered her head, hoping Erich didn't notice.

"I am not in love with Renz," Lena said shakily.

Lena continued to observe Erich, and her gaze became suspicious when she noticed a red spade tattoo on his wrist. She'd never noticed it before, but she had a feeling he'd gotten it very recently.

"How did you get that money, Erich?" Lena asked. Erich saw that she'd noticed the mark, and he crossed his arms defensively.

"That shouldn't be of your concern, Lena," Erich said dismissively. Lena frowned in steadily growing indignation.

"Are you doing something...dishonorable? Is that why you are so unhappy?" Lena pressed.

Erich refused to look at her, and he began to shake and breathe heavily.

"Not your concern, Lena," Erich said again.

"If you are doing something that you shouldn't...I need to know," Lena said.

"You don't need to know anything," Erich said sharply. His voice was harsh and quick enough to make her gasp, and Lena held her breath in nervousness.

There was a tense silence between them for several long moments, and Lena had no idea what to say or do next. They stood still and frigid, facing each other, but not looking at each other.

It was Erich who finally spoke.

"Lena...I know I'll never be able to give you what he did. I truly wish I could, because I believe you deserve that. I feel like I'm competing against an overly advantaged adversary. I'm sorry I'm not especially fond of sharing that with you every day," Erich said. His voice was soft, but his tone was venomous, and Lena had to blink hard to keep from crying.

Erich then snatched his jacket from her hands and began heading toward the door.

"Erich...please don't go," Lena said, voice small. Erich rolled his eyes as he opened the door.

"Lena...I just need a bit of air. I'm ashamed of how I've acted tonight...and I need to calm down. Please don't follow me," Erich said. He gave her a slight smile, and then left her alone in the small apartment.

******

Lena paced around the apartment for several hours, wondering when Erich would return. She considered going out to look for him, to apologize and convince him that he didn't need to worry about Renz or his money, but she didn't know how to begin searching for him. Perhaps he was with the mysterious "A.R". That card hadn't specified a location, however, and after turning it over several times, wondering what the letters and spade could mean, she placed it back on the table in disinterest.

It was only when she was finally beginning to drift off to sleep that she heard the door to the apartment open.

Lena turned over in the bed, and her mouth fell open when she saw that Erich was not standing before her.

It was Renz.

She stared at him, openmouthed with wide eyes, unable to form any words or make any movements. She couldn't believe that he was actually there.

He was every bit as magnificent as she remembered. More, even. He stood in the narrow doorway, confident, large, and powerful. She timidly brought her eyes up to his face, and his steely gaze was direct and intense.

"Hello, Lena," Renz said.

The sound of his low voice sent a rush of emotions all throughout her body. They were so powerful, and so variable, that Lena had a hard time latching on to a single one. She felt fury, she felt relief, she felt desire, she felt fear, she felt awe...

"What are you doing here?" Lena asked absently. Renz closed the door behind him and began to slowly walk towards her, boots making low thuds against the wooden floor.

"I've come to take you home," Renz said, his low voice a seductive purr. Lena shivered at his words, a combination of fear, anger, and excitement. She swallowed hard and tried to suppress that latter feeling. She reminded herself that Renz was dangerous. She wanted nothing to do with him. He was bad, Erich was good.

"I am not yours to take," Lena said. She'd tried to sound strong, but her voice shook in pathetic whimpers.

Renz continued to stalk towards her, and Lena couldn't help but cower on the small bed. She brought her knees into her chest and curled up against the pillows, crossing her arms in front of her body. She felt remarkably exposed in the thin shift she wore, and the look in Renz's eyes indicated that he could see right through it.

"Don't come any closer," Lena said firmly.

Renz paused, and his composed, handsome face became somewhat angry.

"Do you have any idea what your little...disappearing act has put me through?" Renz asked harshly. His anger pulled at the small amount of fury that remained inside of her, and Lena felt her fear shed as she embraced her own aggressive feelings.

"It can't be any worse than everything you've done to me," Lena retorted.

Renz moved quickly, and swiftly confronted her on the bed. Lena was cornered where the bed hit the wall, with no clear escape in sight. Renz kneeled on the bed in front of her, his large arms forming a kind of cage around her. His face was close enough for her to feel his hot breath on her skin.

And then the magnet within her body that was so attracted to Renz began to react to his close proximity. Lena's breathing came in short gasps as she took in the powerful, angry sight of him, and to her shame, she felt a warm, slippery dampness begin to pool between her legs as her desires began to awaken from their month-long slumber.

"You have turned me into a man...mad," Renz said lowly. Lena balled her fists and stared back at him, trying her very best to match his intense gaze.

But she found that she couldn't. Desire and fury were competing against each other within her body, and Lena hated that desire seemed to be winning. Her pussy throbbed and her nipples tingled, and she had to suppress the urge to completely offer herself for his taking. She craved his touch like an addict, and she found herself fixating on his body, and what it could do to her. Her mind instantly went to the memories of those large hands on her, her legs wrapped around his muscled torso, and his thick cock forcing its way deep inside of her.

Lena shook her head, willing those shameful feelings away. She had to do something, something bold, to stop the desire. She had to embrace her anger.

"And you have turned me into a woman...ruined. And I hate you for it," Lena spat. Lena lost control of her body, and cracked her palm against his face in a loud slap. The skin of her hand tingled in pain, and she watched in amazement as Renz's head cocked to the side from the blow.

He momentarily looked away from her as he cupped his cheekbone, and Lena realized to her horror that she really hadn't done much damage. She could tell that Renz had moved his head in surprise, not pain. And when he met her gaze again, his expression was no longer angry.

Instead, it was dangerously lustful.

"I want you, Lena. And I know that you want me, too," Renz said. Lena shook her head furiously, and she brought her hand up to slap him again, but Renz caught her wrist.

"I want nothing to do with you, ever again," Lena said, voice quivering. She tried to jerk her hand away, but Renz's grip was solid.

And his touch was very evocative. Lena had never even realized her wrists were erogenous zones, but Lena felt her wetness flow even stronger in reaction to the feeling of his hot skin against hers. She felt so aroused that it was verging on being painful, and she knew that if she didn't hold on tightly to her anger, she would allow Renz to corrupt her again.

Lena slapped him with her free hand, and Renz released a fearsome growl, and caught her other wrist with ease. She struggled against him, body weakening as more of his skin came in contact with hers. She tried kicking him, bucking him, anything to get him away from her, but Lena found that the more she struggled against him, the more his body overpowered hers, fueling her desire and silencing her anger.

Lena moved fast, but Renz was faster. With each jolt of her limbs, Renz either caught her movements or was completely unaffected by their collision. His body continued to move over hers, and eventually, Lena was completely entangled by his strength. He had both of her wrists secure in one hand behind her back, and his long, highly muscled legs held her thighs apart wantonly. Lena trembled in shame as she realized how exposed she was to him, and she tried in vain to squirm away from him.

"I can smell your desire from here, Lena," Renz said, slightly panting.

She whimpered as he brought his hand down to her waist and pulled her tightly against him, locking her hips directly against his. Her eyes fluttered when she felt his trouser-covered erection against her pussy, and she cried out in pleasurable, angry agony as he began to slowly and deliberately grind his hardness against her sensitive lips. Lena could feel her own moisture begin to dampen the fabric that covered his straining cock, and she lowered her head in shame.