The Things Inside Our Hearts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The grumbling and crashing in the skies intensified as Carrie knelt beside Nell's body, touching her through her bra. Despite the lightness of the young blonde's touch, Nell's nipples had swollen to two erect nubs that were fighting to be free of the inhibitive lacework.

Without bothering with the fastening for now, Carrie lifted Nell's bra over her breasts and took hold of one of the nipples between her lips. There was a low moan of pleasure at the contact, which intensified as Carrie's tongue found its rhythm, grazing over the sensitive peak until Nell was putty in her hands.

"Don't stop, darling," whispered the dark-haired woman as her knees fell apart in total surrender, and Carrie was more than happy to oblige. She had reached the point of no return with the very first kiss and as the rain began to work its way between the leaves she knew that not even a monsoon could have stopped her now.

While Carrie was unfastening and removing the rest of the awkward bra, Nell's hand suddenly slipped between the young blonde's legs, finding her clit with one soft stroke. Carrie shuddered, but the finger was gone no sooner had it made contact. She carried on sucking on the brunette's nipple, soon switching to the other and giving the flesh around it gentle squeezes until she heard Nell's breath becoming heavier and knew that she had this woman exactly where she wanted her.

Unexpectedly, just as the tingle was fading from the previous touch, Nell's finger materialised again – the same short, fleeting stroke, but this time it returned almost immediately back to the entrance of Carrie's pussy, testing out the gathering juices and releasing infinitely more in the process. Carrie felt her muscles tightening and started to moan.

In the past, her lovers had been retiring types who'd given advance warning and always waited for the signal to penetrate. Nell, however, had already thrust two fingers deep into her soaking pussy, reaching further and further inside until her knuckles were threatening to follow. When maximum penetration was reached, Nell curled her fingers back towards her and began a slow stroking movement. Carrie knew what was going to come next and braced herself for the surge of pleasure that as her g-spot was found.

Never one to disappoint, Nell kept her fingers there and made a slight adjustment to the pressure, stroking against it slowly and watching as the blonde began to writhe around her fingers. Carrie was no longer supporting herself, instead leaning heavily against the Dutchwoman, her head cushioned between two firm breasts. Occasionally, she ran a tongue over Nell's bronzed flesh, but her ability to do anything other than lie there and take it was diminishing by the second.

After a while Nell adjusted the position of her hand and Carrie felt another digit, possibly a thumb coming into contact with her clit. The double sensation was more than she could take and soon the fire in her stomach exploded as her pussy began to spasm around the insistent fingers. Nell knew exactly what she was doing and chose to keep her lover there for a while, easing off for a couple of seconds and then renewing the gentle pressure until Carrie's body grew limp in her arms and began to tremble with the aftershocks of a powerful orgasm.

Nell held the Brit close for a while, stroking her hair and whispering sweet nothings until she felt Carrie's breathing returning to normal. She removed her fingers slowly, and then moved them to her own lips. Carrie watched, slightly bleary-eyed as her lover tasted her juices, sliding her tongue along her fingers until only the memory of Carrie remained. It made for an insanely erotic picture and the longer Carrie watched, the more powerful her own hunger became.

Not waiting for further permission, Carrie lifted herself back up and moved her head so that it was directly between the woman's legs. She pressed her tongue against the damp fabric of the panties and took a deep, heady breath that was laced with scent Nell's arousal. At the first contact Nell arched her spine and moaned, spreading her legs wider still and tugging at the sides of her panties.

Carrie straightened up and lent her own fingers to the effort, waiting only until the material lay in a crumpled band around Nell's thighs before diving straight in with her tongue. The Dutchwoman tasted exquisite. As Carrie lapped around the edges of the engorged pussy, she was hit by an infusion of different tastes – the light fragrance of a body lotion, the salty taste of her sweat, but more than anything else a sweetness that sent her senses reeling.

"Oh my God!" exclaimed Carrie breathlessly, "You taste of…"

"Of peaches?" giggled Nell unexpectedly. "I sat on one by accident when you were kissing me."

Carrie smiled and dipped her tongue between the folds of Nell's wet pussy. It was difficult to tell where the sticky peach juice ended and brunette's sweet secretions began, and as her tongue probed and caressed so her lover's laughter changed into a gentle moaning.

Sensing that the woman was close, Carrie snaked her tongue back up to the clit and began flicking it over the swollen nub. A few seconds later it was back at the entrance of Nell's pussy, pushing tight against the opening until slowly it began slipping inside. A couple of slow circular movements and Nell's hips were rising off the ground, willing Carrie's tongue deeper and deeper inside her. This wasn't any quick release – the young Brit was taking her time with this woman, keeping her on the edge but not quite letting her go over it.

Nell moaned loudly again as the tongue slid back out and found her clit once more. It had swollen to twice its normal size and was already pulsing with anticipation. One last feathery lick and Nell's hips were thrusting wildly. Carrie was now holding her down, determined not to let any of the juices to go to waste. She licked hard against the opening of the Dutchwoman's pussy, darting her tongue in and out as her mouth was filled with a gush after gush of sweet cum.

Carrie was still licking when her partner gradually became still, every last ounce of energy gone in the orgasm to end all orgasms.

"Honey," whispered Nell, her voice tight with emotion. Carrie felt two hands at the side of her head, and slowly looked up at the exhausted brunette. The flush of orgasm was still there across her chest and her neck, and her lips were a deep red. "Hold me…" she mumbled, her voice beginning to break.

Carrie positioned herself on top of Nell and wrapped her arms around her, and for a while the pair of them stayed silently in that position while the storm broke all around them. The weight of the rain on the leaves sent another peach falling and behind it came a shower of cold drips. Carrie bore the brunt of it and shivered.

"We should go somewhere more comfortable," said Nell, having finally regained her senses. "I want to hold you in my arms all night, but I'm not sure that getting pneumonia is a good way to go about things. Come on - the car isn't very far away." She gave Carrie's butt a gentle squeeze and the pair of them disentangled, got dressed and stepped out into a wall of rain.

They hurtled the rest of the way down the path, almost deafened by the constant thunder. The sun having long disappeared it was starting to get dark, and Carrie breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the lights of the rain-soaked jeep flicker as Nell disabled the lock.

A combination of the weather and their previous orgasms had loosened their last remaining inhibitions of the two women, and they dived into the car unceremoniously, collapsing with laughter in two dripping heaps as they pulled the doors shut against the driving rain. As the windows steamed up, their laughter gradually subsided.

"I'd like to invite you back to my place," began Nell, "but at the moment it happens to be a poky little tenement room in the eastern district. It's nothing more than a horrible rotten flea-pit.

Carrie raised her eyebrows. "Then why are you staying there?"

"I gather intelligence, Carrie. That's what I do for my job."

Suddenly everything started to fall into place. Carrie frowned and wiped a wet strand of hair away from her face. "You don't sound like you enjoy it, though. Why do you still do it? You seem to be the kind of person who could do anything if you set your mind to it."

Nell's expression changed. "I do it," she said "for the same reason you don't run away from your job. Perhaps I'll never be able to make any difference, but if I quit then I know I'llnever be able to make any difference."

"It isn't possible to save the whole world, Nell…"

"Perhaps it isn't, but if I am able to save one person it makes all the difference to them."

Carrie sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Do your family know where you are or what you're doing at the moment?"

"I have no family. Not any more."

"But I thought –"

"My parents are both dead. I have no other close relatives. I'm very much my own woman and I come and go as I please without upsetting anyone."

"I'm sorry," said Carrie, grounded by the revelation.

"There's no need to be sorry, Carrie. It happened quite a long time ago. They both died separately of natural causes, and ever since I have learned to be independent – as you can see."

"But everybody needs somebody there to look out for them."

"Maybe so, but I have learned to cope perfectly well on my own." Nell was resolute, but Carrie had the upper hand of knowing that the brunette was now exactly where she wanted her.

"But honey, you told me a while ago that you were only human. Are you trying to say you couldn't use a sexy blonde to cling to when the going gets rough?"

"What are you suggesting?"

"I think you know," said Carrie quietly. "If you have the same feelings inside you that I have right now, then you'll know."

There was a tense silence. Nell looked up. The tears were filling her eyes once again, and Carrie reached over to wipe away one that had escaped from the corner of her eye. She leaned forwards and kissed Nell lightly – just a gentle graze of the lips that caused her misty eyes to close.

The kiss that followed overflowed with raw emotion. No tongues – just lips moving slowly over one another in a tender caress.

"I think I lo-"

"Sh!" Nell placed a finger across Carrie's lips, stopping the rest of her words. "There'll be plenty of time for that when we get back to your room, lievling. And as for looking out for each other, yes. I'd like it very much."

Carrie smiled and held the dark-haired woman's gaze for a few moments longer, but she was broken from the trance by a sharp buzzing noise that came from the glove compartment in front of her. Nell reached over and opened it quickly, removing a small pager that was flashing with a new message. She read it slowly, a frown beginning to darken her face.

"What is it?" asked Carrie.

"Oh… just work. People playing with fire and then wondering why the blaze gets out of control. Listen darling, I'm afraid I have to drop you back off at your hotel now. I'm needed rather urgently. I don't think I will be a long time, but I promise you I'll come straight back as soon as I'm able."

"Is this dangerous?" Carrie was suddenly scared.

"Darling, this is what I do every day of my life. As things go, it'll probably be just a walk in the park. So you mustn't worry." She turned the key in the ignition, allowed some of the condensation to evaporate and then wheeled the jeep around to retrace their steps back down the mountain road. Carrie was still quiet.

"Just order some room service, take a hot bath, and before you know it we'll be in each other's arms again. You have to trust me, Carrie – remember?" Carrie did remember, and resigned herself to the fact that she'd have to wait for her next slice of paradise.

By the time they rolled to a stop outside the imposing walls of the Sheraton, the world had become pitch black. The power grid was evidently unable to compete with the natural ferocity of the storm, and the majority of the city had been plunged into darkness. Dim lights could be seen coming from the reception and a couple of the other rooms, but even these were flickering as the generator whined and spluttered through the heavy lashing of the rain.

Nell had seemed preoccupied for much of the journey home, and when the two women parted it was with a wordless pressing of the lips. Shivering, Carrie collected her key from reception and began the long-ascent up the staircase. It was only seven o'clock, but she felt worn out by the drama of the day.

She entered her room, lit a couple of candles as back up for the flickering lights and then peeled the rain-soaked dress from her skin, all too aware that for most of the journey home Nell would have had a clear view of her underwear. She turned on the shower and watched the steam rise and fill the small bathroom.

All of her clothes landed with small thumps in an untidy heap on the floor. Carrie was in a world of her own and as the hot water beat down on her aching muscles she began to imagine how it would be if Nell were with her now. It was an easy thought to entertain. They say that when you find the right person it feels as though they're always there with you, no matter how far away they might be; and this was precisely how Carrie felt. She could imagine her whole life stretching out ahead of her in the company of this beautiful sensual woman in an everlasting series of cut-scenes – fabulous, timeless, emotional moments. She had wrestled with her feelings all afternoon, but now the young woman knew that she had fallen in love.

She looked in the clock and saw that half an hour had passed since she began her first idle daydream. The electricity was still on, but the lights had faded to a dull glow. If she waited any longer there'd be no way of getting through to room services other than by fumbling through the dark to the kitchen herself.

She turned the dial and silenced the torrent of water, then wrapped herself up in a bathrobe to make the call.

"Hello, room service. How may I help you?"

"Hi, I'd like to order some dinner –"

"I'm afraid that's not currently possible, madam. Our power is down and we have no way of preparing the food. There are some snacks in the bar area, but you will have to move quickly because I think they will soon be closed."

"Oh." Carrie was genuinely disappointed. The anaemic-looking salad she'd picked at in the embassy's canteen during the lunch hour had long since been digested, and now for the first time since arriving in the country she was ravenous.

She replaced the handset and wandered over to the gurgling drinks cooler, where she found some chocolate and a packet of nuts, but nothing else, and for the rest of the evening she simply waited. Normally, when left to her own devices, Carrie was very creative with her time. She liked to read or listen to music, and often she'd just lie sprawled on her bed, sketching scenes that she had come across during the today. Tonight she didn't feel like doing any of that. Whether it was her empty stomach or some kind of sixth sense, she felt uneasy, and the feeling grew as the hours passed by, closer and closer to midnight.

It was shortly after two that the power went down completely. The candles that Carrie had lit earlier on were now only half their original size, and the wax was now melting down the sides of the holders. Carrie was sitting at the window in her leather office chair, watching as lightning flashed in the far distance. Now that the storm had passed the city was eerily quiet. Apart from the weakening contributions of Mother Nature, not a single light was visible – no sign at all that Nell was heading back towards Carrie's arms, and after a while the blonde sank into a troubled sleep.

She awoke an hour later, still wrapped in the bathrobe with her head leaning against the cool pain of glass. Stirring herself from her slumber, she crossed over to the water cooler and poured herself a drink. It was as she was lifting the cup to her lips that she felt the floor shake beneath her and heard a loud explosion across the city. It came in several sharp instalments, each boom sending water slopping over the edge of the cup. Carrie set it down on the table and hurried back to the window in time to see a ball of flame fading in the distance. It was soon replaced by plumes of smoke and the flicker of several smaller blazes. Soon there were sirens and flashing blue lights dancing along the deserted street. Something big had happened and Carrie was relieved to be in the light and safety of her hotel room. That feeling, however, was eclipsed when she noticed that all the candles had gone out from the force of the blasts.

She cursed and groped through the dark to her bedside table. She kept a stash of lighters in the bottom drawer along with the cigarettes that she'd given up smoking and a couple of adult magazines. If there was any time to stop being a non-smoker it was now. She had been so close to finding inner peace with Nell that without her, the loneliness felt unbearable. Carrie dropped to her knees and began fumbling in the open drawer. Something must have happened. Either that, or the woman had finished late and decided not to disturb her new acquaintance. Or possibly she'd simply got cold feet and decided to escape while she still could. Carrie's hand was now rooting around angrily as she weighed up the possibilities. In the process she caught her wrist on a nail that was sticking out of the woodwork, and withdrew her hand with a sharp cry.

There was a click behind her left ear and she leapt at the sudden brightness that appeared.

"Maybe this will help," said a calm voice above her, and Carrie was suddenly greeted by the sight of Nell, pale but more real than life itself as she stood behind the glow of her lighter.

"I didn't hear you come in…" began Carrie. "I heard a couple of explosions back there. What happened?"

Dawn was just beginning to break outside, the night sky lightening to a dreary charcoal. There were still several hours until daylight, and Nell reached over to a nearby candle and re-lit it, bathing the room in a shadowy glow. "That's not important, honey. This –" She pointed at the floor between them. "This is important – the here and now. I'm sorry I came so late.

Carrie's fears melted away in an instant and she threw her arms around Nell in a passionate embrace. "It doesn't matter. I'm just glad you're here now."

"I keep my promises, Carrie. It doesn't matter how difficult the circumstances are, I always keep my promise."

They kissed for what felt like an eternity, but this time Nell was taking the lead. Her fingers were already unfastening the loose ties of Carrie's bathrobe, and as she inched the young woman backwards the garment was slipping from her shoulders like a slow moving river. When her butt finally came into contact with mattress, Carrie sank down onto it.

Nell's touch was light, but persistent – just one finger tracing patterns along Carrie's stomach, sending shockwaves along her skin as it travelled down over her hips, over her ass, and then tantalisingly along the insides of her thighs. Carrie could feel herself getting wetter by the second. It was almost as though someone had taken a feather to every nerve-ending in her body, and was soon barely able to suppress her low moans.

Nell's hands suddenly found her lover's shoulders and began easing her responsive body back onto the bed. The angle wasn't perfect, causing Carrie's legs to fall apart untidily. But the effect was perfect for Nell, who was now being offered an unrestricted view of her lover's swollen lips.

"My God darling… you really are beautiful," breathed Nell as she looked at the sprawling figure of the blonde. She moved forwards, but didn't show any sign of taking her own clothes off. She'd changed since their earlier encounter; the jeans and shirt replaced by a little black dress that emphasised her hourglass figure to perfection.