The Three Dark Angels

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Stop the drill! Stop the drill!" George yelled unnecessarily into the radio. His men after all were well trained, and already had begun turning the drill off.

The excitement multiplied as did the concern. "Did we actually hit something?" Phil voiced the possibility.

George nodded. "It sounded like we hit stone or rock or something. Definitely not sand or phosphur." He said as the drill was turned off. It didn't seem like anything was in imminent danger, and so both George and Phil rushed out and over to the drill.

The same curiosity pulled all of the workers towards the hole that the drill had dug, the same excitement building within all of them. They had hit something. What they found in the hole, was even more surprising.

It was bright white stone of some kind, and the drill had put quite a large crack in it, although the drill was not given enough time to go very far into it. The most surprising aspect of the stone was that it had very clearly crafted symbols, those these were somewhat difficult to make out due to the large crack that ran through the symbols.

"C-Could it be? Does anyone know what those markings mean?" Phil asked.

Mere silence echoed, in which Phil spoke again. "Let's get down there and get a closer look."

This snapped the stunned silence, as everyone descended into the dug hole as close as they could.

Phil examined the symbols as he approached the cracked stone formation. Since he was very familiar with the legend, he may be able to recognize what these symbols mean. Then again, that was a long shot, since almost any written record of that time had been lost through history. At this point, there's almost no telling what the truth really was.

Once he was close, he gently touched the stone, and it had unnaturally flat edges to it.

"This has to be man made. Maybe we did it, maybe we really uncovered the ruins of Nirvana!" Phil was ready to jump right out of his skin for joy. He had uncovered one of the greatest mysteries of history!

"What should we do?" George asked.

"Well...we already cracked this here. If this is a building of some sort, then let's see if we can't get inside from here. We need to find out just what exactly this is."

Phil could already see it. The money that could be made from this, as well as becoming known as the man who uncovered Nirvana, and finally discovering the truth of the legend.

The Demons, the Angels, who Garserimos really was and what had happened to him. The answers could possibly all be found right here.

The group broke up, and all went to retrieve all necessary equipment that was scattered throughout the site. Luckily, they were well armed for just such an occasion. In the meantime, Phil gathered his camera and began taking pictures of the ruins before the workers could continued to dig further into the stone.

The best case scenario would be that this could be a wall to a large building whose interior had not been completely buried in sand, so that at least some exploring and proof of their discovery here, aside from photos, could be taken out.

It seemed to take forever before the crews continued the dig, though that may have been due to Phil's impatience. He was, after all, possibly on the verge of one of the greatest discoveries in history.

A few minutes into the dig, and the stone began to rumble which quickly became loud as the stone structure collapsed.

As the stone collapsed, something very strange happened. A red mist of some sort began spewing out of the hole the collapsed stone had formed, which the diggers quickly found themselves engulfed in.

The effects were immediate, and the high pitched screams of agony emerged from those caught in the mist. They rolled around as they cried from the pain, and their minds began to shatter.

The onlookers who had not been caught in the mist watched as their coworkers screamed in agony, followed by one of the most horrifying sights they had ever seen.

Their coworkers...mutated, was the best word to describe it.

Various deformed limbs instantly grew out of all locations, spewing blood and other fluids as they grew. A few of the normal human limbs fell off, and some were replaced while others weren't.

When the transformation was finished, one would hardly believe that the creatures that now stood there could hardly have been human at any time. Each of them were different, either in limb placement or their posture. The savage roars and growls from the creatures were no longer human, but growls that would haunt even the toughest of men. Blood continued to drip on the ground where ever the creatures stood, for the flow of blood from within them never seemed to end.

Other than that, it was hard to find words to describe such monstrosities. Even the smell of them, the smell of blood and death, was enough send fear down any prey.

Only one thing was common among them. They all possessed the same eyes, which had turned blood red with cat slit pupils.

The creatures roared, turning to the remaining humans, and began to move to them. Even though quite a few of the creatures looked a bit ridiculous attempting to move with broken limbs, it didn't make the sight of what was supposed to be a dead human any less frightening.

The workers scattered. Phil made a beeline for the command post, as did George. Although Phil had never approved of George bringing guns to the dig sites as he always did. For the first time, he felt relieved at the sight of the gun as George snatched it out of his hidden and locked safe box.

"How many bullets do you have?" Phil asked in a panicked voice. He didn't care how he sounded at the moment. The horrors outside were real, and several of them were heading right to them. They were doing something which Phil could only describe at the moment is a mix between growling and moaning in pain. There were also the echoes of human voices around the site, fighting, running, and some were screams of torment and death.

"Quite a few. And this baby right here packs a punch. These things are gonna get a sweet .65 caliber hollow point directly in the fucking face." George had always had an attachment to firearms. And right now, the weapon in his hand was the best friend he had ever had. George held the door, ready to open. Gun at the ready, he knew that he and Phil could not hide here for long. They most likely could break through the flimsy walls and doors that separated George and Phil from the outside.

George braced himself against the wall next to the door and nodded towards Phil to signal that he was going to open the door. Phil knew the same thing as George. Hiding in this place was useless, and the best thing they could do was attempt to kill these...things.

With a deep breath, George opened the door, and counted three monsters waiting right outside. Without hesitation, since they hardly resembled the humans they once were at this point, George lifted his gun and fired the first shot. The crack of the shot echoed powerfully enough that the echo returned several times, and couldn't be mistaken for anything else.

The one problem with powerful pistols, the equally powerful kickback they can give. The force the gun as it fired was intense, as was the kick back. Thankfully, George was familiar with the power of this gun, and he was able to keep hold of it before the gun kicked itself right out of his hands.

Despite the trouble, George knew it was worth it as he watched an upper section of one of the creatures explode into red mist. Interestingly enough, the red mist that was created resembled the mist that had emerged from the ground, but George had paid this no mind. The creature fell to the ground, and George paid no further attention to it as he recovered himself and fired two more shots, one at each of the remaining nearby creatures.

To his disbelief, even though he had shot each of them once, the creatures were not dead. In fact, they seemed to be completely unaffected by whatever chuck of skin, or meat, or even the limb that they had lost. They were now crawling along the ground, inching their way closer.

George also saw that he had garnered more of the creature's attentions, for several who were actively pursuing prey had now turned towards his direction.

Trying to keep himself from freaking out right there, George lowered his gun to the still moving creatures on the ground. "STAY THE FUCK DEAD!" He shouted as he fired more shots into the figures on the ground.

George ran out of bullets, prompting him to close the door, and load more bullets into his pistol.

Phil remained nearby, and out of sight. The only weapon he could find within the shed was a knife, something not nearly good enough to fight against these...things.

Since more creatures were now turning and wandering towards the command shed, that gave the remaining survivors time to pick up possible weapons, which were various tools on site, and carefully followed the creatures to the command shed.

George's pistol was once again fully loaded, but he had taken to long. One or two of them were now at the door, and were pounding on it. Thinking fast, George ran to grab whatever he could and brace the door. Phil caught on quickly, and began assisting George.

The inhuman cries of what appeared to be frustration continued, and the bangs on the door became more frequent and more powerful. One finally managed to poke a large hole through the door, and it's arm was flailing wildly, striking and knocking off a chair that George and Phil had managed to prop to the door, and spilling droplets of blood as it's arm continued to flail about frantically.. George took steady aim and shot at the flailing limb, blasting a good chunk of limb off which exploded into red mist, as well as punch another hole through the door. Neither George nor Phil saw the bullet continue right into one of the creatures gathered at the door, knocking it to the ground.

The creatures continued pushing and banging at the door, but it still did not move thanks to the various items that George and Phil had managed to prop against the door.

The workers on site watched as the creatures continued to fruitlessly bang on the shed's door, unable to get in. They really didn't know what to do, since they were so tightly gathered, many were simply unable to convince themselves to try and ambush them.

One or two of the creatures, however, seemingly bored with the situation, turned and saw the live prey staring back them. They growled, and began lurching towards the survivors on the outside.

The workers slowly walked backwards, seeing just how many each of the various groups that they had broken up into would attract. They were lucky, and only less than a handful had turned away from the shed. Once the creatures were isolated enough, the workers pounced on them, giving the creatures little to no chance of attempting to fight back. The workers beat them repeatedly with whatever tools they had found, even after they went still. Once they were sure it was dead, for the moment, the idea began to spring that this was the best way to deal with them.

The crashing on the door continued, which wasn't going to hold much longer. Between George's shots at them and the creatures that relentlessly attacked the barricade the was attempting to resist them, that barricade got more damaged and unstable.

At this point, George decided that now was the time to waste bullets, since the creatures were now slowly filtering themselves into the shed one by one through the partially open door.

One by one, George shot whatever he could, adding limbs and bodies to the barricade, and as he did so an awful stench quickly filled the shed. The explosion of blood from George's shots at the creatures had also spilled on both George and Phil

At long last though, they seemed to be thinning out, and one by one, the survivors were able to clear out the site of the creatures.

When they were finished, a group that had started out at 35 was thinned out to 8 with three injured.

"What the fuck was that!?" George shouted, now finally able to relax.

"I-I have no idea. T-that was...we'd better seal this fucking hole and never let it get dug up again." Phil said, panic still flowing through him. What else could come out of that hole!?

"A wise decision. You understand that what rests here is far beyond your control." A voice unknown to anyone present announced in a cool and calm voice.

One of the two figures dressed in all black robes, who nobody had seen sneak in, had spoken.

"Unfortunately, what you have uncovered will no longer remain buried, for others are sure to follow what you started. But, you are still a liability nonetheless." The figure who was speaking finished, and the diggers watched as the two pairs of eyes rose to meet their own...and those eyes...they were....

They were the same eyes that the monsters had possessed. Blood red with cat like slits for pupils.

"Wha-what the fuck are you!?" Phil shouted

"Do not worry, the secrets that you have witnessed today, you will take with you to your graves." Was the last thing the figure said before the two slaughtered the remaining survivors.

Once (Unknown) was finished, (Unknown) approached him. "What next?"

"Make the call."

(Unknown) nodded. "Okay."

As (Unknown) went to make the call, (Unknown) silently stared at the hole, the red mist that had been pouring out before now thinning out. For a few moments, (Unknown) was sure that something would emerge from this hole, now uncovered and a wide open path to the surface. But, nothing happened, which (Unknown) found a bit strange as (Unknown) returned.

"It's done."

(Unknown) nodded. "Good." (Unknown) said as he stared at the hole, with (Unknown) joining him.

"What do you think is actually down there?" (Unknown) asked, a slight nervous edge in his voice.

(Unknown) didn't hold it against him. Even (Unknown) was slightly unnerved himself. "We can't even begin to guess. Demons are highly adaptable beings that can alter their core DNA at will. The only thing that we can say is that demons are down there, and nothing more. What kind and what their capabilities they have, we simply have no way of knowing." Yet, for some reason, it felt like the demons were going to remain dormant despite the open path to the surface.

"In any case, we can't stay here for long, and it appears that nothing will come out of the hole. We'll have the Montanians take it from here."

"Won't it take a few days for any response team to arrive?"

"There are infrared satellites to consider, and they'll most certainly use that along with other options to observe the sight as much as they can while the response team or teams make their way here. We don't want to give them the impression that anyone survived this incident, and the longer we remain, the greater the risk."

"Isn't it a more dangerous if the demons go active and attempt to pour to the surface and we aren't here to deal with them?"

"Not necessarily. This situation will now fall under Montanian military jurisdiction for certain, especially if demons do start emerging once they arrive. If they are unable to control the threat, then yes, we will intervene. But for now, it's better for us to sit in the shadows and wait. After all, regardless of whether or not the demons can adapt to the Lost Desert, they still have quite a distance to go before they could do any true damage, and surely more nations will assist if Montania cannot suppress the demons whether the Montanians ask for it or not. No, our purpose for the time being is not to protect humanity. Our goals are much greater than that."

Shortly after the two figures left, and before the response team arrived on sight, something did come out of the hole. It was several flesh-like tentacles, which slowly moved through the sand like giant snakes, and wrapped themselves around all of the bodies that were on the sight, and slowly dragged all of the bodies into the darkened hole, with the tentacles taking care to brush the blood trails that the dragged bodies were leaving behind and covering it as much as possible with the sand.


Martius 8, Year 2001 of the Second Age

Lost Desert, the Center of the World. 0 , 0

09:47 AM Local Time

Thirty Years Ago

So far, everything looked normal. The drill was still standing, and there was no fire or structural damage of any kind. However, there also seemed to be no signs of life, which gave off a bit of an eerie feeling. The drill site seemed to be little more than a ghost town.

The last word from this site was the emergency broadcast that had been cut short three days ago, in which nothing could be determined other than some sort of disaster had struck the site and workers, and in response, had sent Python 1 search and rescue team out here to the site. The Montanian government was responsible for the safety of it's citizens that were out here in the Lost Desert, along with the fact that the oil strikes turned the desert into a high valued area. Montania would protect both it's citizens, and it's assets at any cost.

"Base, this is Python 1. We're coming up on the site now. So far, everything seems normal."

"Python 1, have you spotted the crew yet?"

"Negative, the site appears to be abandoned. There are no signs of the crew."

"Copy Python 1. Stay alert, it may be possible that they were attacked by hostiles."

"Copy that."

The helicopters approached the site, though they landed a good distance away from the drill in case of collapse or a possible explosion. As the choppers landed, armed soldiers poured out of the helicopter, forming a 360 degree protective circle around the chopper first.

Once everyone was out, they regrouped and cautiously proceeded to the site, keeping their weapons high and their eyes open.

The commanding officer, Captain Franco found the scene to be unnerving and creepy in the fact that how there was no sound at all from the drill site and how dead it looked sitting by itself out here in the middle of a wasteland with the blazing sun overhead, and with all of his gear on, felt like is was being cooked live in an oven.

But this didn't bother Captain Franco as his training and discipline held true, as painful as it might be. What did bother him, however, was the fact that there was no sign of life at all, as though it had never been here in the first place, and it was only when the started getting real close to the sight that they could see a little evidence of what might have happened.

What were bothering him were two things. One, there were a few small and scattered dried blood stains on the site. And yet...there were no bodies. The sand couldn't have buried bodies this quickly, nor could the wind carry them far off. Could it? The Captain now wasn't quite sure, and the alternatives to this were probably worse.

The second problem was a growing sense of fear. For some reason, he felt a very ominous sense of fear which was growing rapidly. Yet everything appeared normal, aside from the bloodstains and the lack of any form of human life.

"Where the hell is everyone? And what the hell happened here?"

"Ask questions later. Right now, let's get this site secured. Four of you break off into groups of two and search the site up and down. The rest of you with me." The Captain ordered has he eyed where the dig had been made, and what also seemed to be the 'origin' of his growing fear. Whatever it was, he felt that it was there.

"Yes sir."

As they slowly approached, the captain felt his heart continuing to race as the feeling of omen and fear grew. But why!?!

When they approached the hole which rested underneath the drill, there were two things to see. One, was the almost pure white marble or some sort of construction material which had complex symbols carved into them. The other was that a hole in this structure was dark, empty, and as he looked into it, felt that fear grow several times almost all at once.