The Transplants

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I resisted because it was the only right thing to do."

"Not reading what I wrote was the only right thing to do too, but you didn't resist that temptation at all. I wasn't in the shower more than ten minutes."

"Why did you plop it down right in front of me anyway?"

"Are we talking about my chapter now?" She stopped then and smiled and came over to me.

She put her arms around me and said, "Okay I was wrong and I'm sorry. But you killed him. I'll bet you had Oran get some glory."

"Damn right, somebody had to get some glory."

"Feeling a little sorry for yourself?"

"Feeling a lot sorry for myself, so what do you think about that?"

"I think that...you have a right to feel that way," and she grabbed me between the legs and then ran off to her room before I could catch her.

Late Saturday afternoon Carol got the word that her apartment was ready for her, so she packed her bags and moved home just before our gathering. When Sandy arrived that evening she seemed in better spirits and she asked me, "So how are you and Carol getting along?"

"We had a little fight this morning."

"Oh and how are things now?"

"Oh we buried the hatchet."

"Well I've heard it called a lot of things but never a hatchet."

"Oh you are so not funny." She thought it was and just smiled at me. "Besides she moved back into her apartment awhile ago." That seemed to please her, but she didn't comment other than to say she was happy for Carol.

Dean came in and seemed to be in great spirits, and then Carol returned saying how good it was to be home again. Tom was last in the procession and we all gathered around the snacks and beverages. Dean asked, "Would anybody object if I were to invite a friend to the next gathering?"

Of course nobody objected but Carol asked him, "Boy or girl?"

"Girl."

"Tell us more."

"Well she's from Chicago originally."

"Wow so she can be family."

"I didn't tell her about our family in case you said no, or you don't like her, but I think you will. Her name is Laurie."

"We can't wait to meet her Dean."

We moved back to the living room and got comfortable with Sandy right next to me and Carol on the other side, and I couldn't be much happier. I didn't even care if my chapter bombed.

Tom waited until we were comfortable and then said, "Chapter three.

Caleb was restless because the more he thought about the reward, the more curious he was about how much he would get. Seth finally called him the next day and they made their way to Paul Damon's office. Seth waited to one side and Caleb approached the receptionist brushing his unruly hair back as he went. 'I'm Caleb and I was supposed to ask for Paul Damon.' The receptionist looked at him with some distaste and retreated to Paul's office. She was gone for several minutes but returned and handed him a check saying, 'Mr. Damon is in conference but he asked me to give this to you with his thanks.' Caleb said nothing and turned to leave as he looked at the envelope. Seth joined him and they made their exit before he tore the envelope open. 'Wow Seth it's for a thousand dollars.'

'That's a pretty hefty amount of money.'

'I want you to have it Seth.'

'Me? Why me?'

'I want you to find out who hit Miss Jenny and why.'

'Caleb the police will do that.'

'Would you look into it for me?'

'I Will but I hate to take your money. Caleb.'

'That's all I wanted it for anyway.'

'I'll see what I can learn then.'

'Thanks Seth.'

"You better give me the disc then because I might be able to learn something from it.'

'I'll take you to it now if you have the time.'

'I have the time.'

Seth got the disc and then made a stop on the way back to his office. When she saw him standing at her door she pulled it open and hopped back. 'Hi Jennifer, I'm Seth in case you don't remember.'

'Of course I remember, come in.'

'Sorry to make you hobble around, I didn't consider that.'

'I'm doing better now.'

'Did I come at a bad time?'

'Not at all, make yourself comfortable.'

'You look wonderful.'

'Thank you.'

'Have you remembered anything from the accident?'

'Not really. Well it seems like I remember the car swerving but not like it was trying to avoid me and I don't remember the squealing of brakes.'

'They didn't find any signs of brakes being applied either.'

'So you know a little about the accident.'

'A little. The driver was over the legal limit but I have a hard time believing that was his problem, and I think the police have the same thought.'

'How do you know so much about it?'

'I have a friend on the force.'

'Oh I see. So what caused it?'

'I can only tell you what I know or suspect. Right now I have to say suspect, and that it was intentional.'

'Why would somebody want to run me down?'

'That's the question. You had a briefcase with you when you were hit.'

'Yes...how did you know...oh your friend.'

'Right.'

"Well the briefcase actually belonged to my bosses.'

'Damon and Hartwell.'

'Yes. Wow Seth, you are well informed.'

'Now your boss has the briefcase and computer.'

'Yes, Paul picked it up at the hospital. Some sweet man named Caleb brought it to me.'

'Caleb Marshall.'

'He wouldn't give me his last name.'

'Caleb is a very humble man.'

'I'm so in his debt.

'Do you know what was in the case Jennifer?'

'Just a computer and a couple of files. I picked it up from Paul and was to deliver it to a Mr. Smith.'

'Do you know this Mr. Smith?'

'No I was told that Mr. Smith would know me though.'

'I see. Jennifer could I talk you into having dinner with me?'

'I'm pretty hard to manage right now Seth.'

'Your cast would be a minor inconvenience only. If you'll say yes I can promise you it will be a most pleasant evening of dinner and conversation. All very causal so don't worry about getting dressed up.'

'I really shouldn't...but okay I'd like that.'

'How about seven o'clock?'

'That would be fine Seth. A skirt okay?'

'A skirt, a robe, a caftan, it doesn't matter, because you will look beautiful regardless as long as you are comfortable." Once that was settled Seth said his goodbyes and left. Tom stopped and asked, "Anybody want to get something to drink or eat? Nobody moved so he said, "Okay then we'll press on.

"Seth made it back to his office and one of his assistants asked him, 'Does the name Linda Phelps mean anything to you?'

'No I don't believe it does.'

'That's good because she's a high dollar madam.'

'And you tried to trick me into admitting I know her.'

'It was worth a try. Anyway that disc from Caleb belongs to her. It lists her clients and their likes and dislikes as well as what she charges. It's very interesting reading.'

'Damn I'll bet it does. Anything we can use without causing a world war?'

'Perhaps at some point in the not too distant future.'

'Then I owe Caleb some favors.'

'I'll leave you with a list from the disc. There are some codes that we haven't figured out,but I have people working on them.'

'I love it when I get to play cops and robbers. Thanks Jackson.

'You bet Seth.'

The car pulled up at Jennifer's and Seth went to her door. When she saw him she smiled and said, 'You are right on time.'

'I'm a little obsessive about that.' Shall we go?'

'Sorry about the crutches."

'Wait just a second,' and Seth waved. It was then that Jennie noticed it wasn't a car, it was a limousine.

'Seth what...?' The driver came to them, all two hundred and fifty pounds of him. Seth took her crutches and the driver picked her up like a rag doll and they went to the car.

Seth opened both doors and the driver deposited her ever so gently onto the seat. "There you go Miss.'

'Thank you.'

Seth didn't lie, it was a very pleasant evening of conversation and dinner was wonderful. "Seth do you really live here?'

'This is my house.'

'I'm so impressed.'

'Jennie I'm going to give you some advice. Never be impressed by money. Be impressed by the person. Judge me by what and who I am only, and the same goes for others you may know. Because wealth can come from may sources and a good number of them are illegal. Mine for example came from good investments and being in the right place at the right time.'

'Seth tell me the truth. Why are you bothering with me?'

'I'll give you a partial answer to that Jennie. I was indeed there when you were hit, and I can't tell you how that affected me. You looked so helpless and innocent lying there and you captured my heart right then. When I saw you at the hospital you had the same effect on me all over again. I almost wept for you and your pain. I made it my responsibility to watch over you right from the moment I saw you lying in that hospital bed. And I have to say the more I talked to you the more I knew I was doing the right thing.'

'Are you always so quick to make a decision?'

'No, I'm rather methodical normally so that shows you the impact you have had on me. I'll also tell you that Caleb agrees with me. He thinks you are a very special lady.'

'Who is Caleb to you?'

'A friend. An eccentric friend I'll grant you, but a very loyal and true friend to me and to you as well. He and I have spent many hours on a park bench or a river bank just talking. He and I were together when you were hit.'

'But he said he was sleeping in the bushes.'

"I know. We were sitting on the bench not far from where you were and he just picked up the briefcase and sat there like it was his. Like I say , he's eccentric.'

'But he returned it.'

'That's because he's a good man deep down. His first instinct was to take it and sell it. But his conscience was too strong for him to follow through with the idea. I helped him find out where you were.'

Seth's house man came to him and Seth said, 'Excuse me a moment Jennie.' He was back in a minute and said, "I just received some unpleasant news. Your boss, Paul Damon was found shot to death a couple of hours ago.'

'Oh my God.'

'I'm sorry to be the bearer of such sad news.'

'Do you know any of the details?'

'No but I will. I'll leave it to you to go home or stay and have an after dinner drink with me.'

'I feel badly for him and his family but I can do nothing for him.'

'Then how about a stinger or perhaps you have a favorite drink.'

'A stinger would be good.' The maid nodded and the drinks were soon delivered. 'Seth would you forgive a question that may be in poor taste?'

'Try me.'

'Have you always been this...I don't know the proper phrase. This wealthy?'

He smiled and said, "No I started out very modestly, but I had a couple of very fortunate things happen and I was able to build on them. My money comes from hard work and a lot of good luck. The same good luck that has brought you into my life.'

'Seth you do know that I'm seeing somebody else.'

'Yes, Oran Osborne.'

'My god is there anything you don't know?'

'A great many things actually, but I try to know the things that are important to me. I know that you are from California and I know that your birthday is coming up in a month I believe.'

'Yes. I feel like I'm sitting with a magician.'

'I have a very good and very dedicated staff that sees that I'm provided with information.'

'What do you know of Oran?'

'Jennie I'd rather not get into that right now.'

'I'm sorry.'

'I'm in an awkward position actually. If I tell you what I know it isn't likely that you would believe me, and in fact I might offend you. I can't bear that thought, so to be safe I'll say nothing about Oran at least for now.'

They talked on until her drink was gone and she said, 'I better get home Seth before I fall asleep right here. I can really feel that last drink.'

'I understand.' He hardly raised his hand and his man saw that she was transported to the limo and they took her home. Seth walked with her as she made her way to her door and he said, 'Jennie I have to see you again.'

'Seth I like you so very much. You are charming and a gentleman and I so enjoyed this evening...but I don't know.'

'I understand but I don't give up easily either.'

She smiled and pulled him down so she could kiss him lightly. 'Thank you Seth, and tell Caleb I said I said hello if you would.'

'I'll tell him and I'll call you soon.' He gave her his card and said, 'That's my private number so don't let it get away.'

'I won't. Good night Seth.'

As he stepped back he said, 'Call me if you need anything, or better yet just call me. Night Jennie."

Tom handed the chapter to Sandy and said, "There you go and good luck."

"Thank you Tom." We all stood up and Carol gave me a hug and a kiss and said, "I like what you wrote and I forgive you for killing Paul."

"Thanks Carol."

"Sandy gave him a hug as well and kissed him and said, "Nice job."

"Thank you. I tried to tie up some loose ends."

"You did, and that will make it easier for me, in fact I already know what I'll write."

"Will it end?"

'I believe it will be the end...or the beginning. It may be a couple of weeks and only time will tell which it will be."

"That's very cryptic but okay." Dean added his compliments and I told him, "I'm looking forward to meeting Laurie."

"I'm anxious for her to meet all of you."

"We could have a gathering next weekend even if Sandy isn't done with her chapter if the others are in agreement." I got everybody's attention and got their hearty approval, so we were set to gather and meet Laurie next Saturday at hour usual seven o'clock.

Everybody left except Sandy as usual, and we cleaned up with a little mess there was. "Ken did you tie up the loose ends in the story for me or was that part of your plan anyway?"

"Like we talked about, I wanted to get rid of somebody but I wanted to make it easy for you to end it if you wanted to."

"Thanks because I do want to and I'll be continuing what you started."

"Okay."

"Okay so now tell me about you and Carol."

"What about us?"

"Are you two getting...you know, involved?"

"No."

"Are you sure because she was quick to kiss you tonight."

"We're good friends."

"That lived together."

"Now stop that, we didn't live together, that implies sleeping together and the whole bit. She used my guest room for awhile."

"One bathroom so how did you work out the shower?"

"How do you think? Two of us, one bathroom and we both had to be at work at the same time."

"Damn you, you can't tell me you two didn't make love then."

"Yes I can because we didn't. She showered at night and I showered in the morning."

"Now why didn't you say that in the first place?"

I pulled her against me and said, "Because I want you to forget about Carol and focus on us."

Her arms went around me and she asked, "What about us?"

"I think it's time we considered the possibility that we are more than just good friends."

"How much more?"

"A lot more, and I want to go back to that crisis you had when I was in your apartment that day."

"What day?"

"That day when I showed you how to deal with a leg cast when you make love."

"That wasn't a crisis."

"What was it then?"

"It was a very powerful realization that scared the hell out of me. I realized that I wanted you to make love to me."

"My god Sandy why would that scare you?"

"Because I don't want to make love to you just because I'm feeling horny. I want it to mean something. I want it to be very special and with a very special person."

"And that's not me, is that what you're saying?'

"It is you Ken, but I thought that you and Carol...you know."

"Well it isn't me and Carol you know. Sandy, Carol and I had a couple of close calls but it wasn't because we were falling for each other, it was because of day after day of temptation and teasing."

"What do you mean close calls?"

"I mean we kissed and then...well one of us would stop before it went too far." I tipped her head up and kissed her softly and then said, "Now can we just be together and think about us and tomorrow?" I hadn't been totally truthful because had it not been for Carol's good sense I couldn't have said we never made love.

Chapter Eleven

My life was settling down again. I'd written my chapter, Carol was back in her own apartment, and Sandy and I were closer than ever. I was looking forward to seeing how our story would end. I expected Sandy to end it, but I wasn't sure that she would, and if we started another story I would only write a chapter if it was a romance story bordering on porn. Something simple and fun. Then there was Laurie, Dean's new friend. How would she fit into our family? Sandy called and said she was going to stay home Wednesday night and work on her chapter so I didn't see her until she arrived about six thirty Saturday evening.

"So your chapter is done but is the story?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

"But if you don't end it we'll likely do another whole four chapters."

"Yes and that is possible because there are still issues to deal with."

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to write another chapter of dirty dealing and murder."

"Your last chapter was as much about love and relationships as murder."

"Is that bad?"

"No honey that is good actually."

"You just called me honey."

"I know, I wanted to see how it felt."

"How did it feel?"

"I haven't decided," and she kissed me before getting the ice out of the freezer. Carol came in then and put a tray of fancy snacks down.

"Well look at you."

"I'm celebrating being home again."

"You make it sound like you suffered while you stayed with me."

She looked at me and then at Sandy before she said, "No you're right we got along very well, but now I can shower when I want and not get dressed if I don't want to."

"Oh."

She gave me a quick look that Sandy couldn't see and innocently asked Sandy, "Did you get your chapter done?"

"I did."

"Great." Dean came in with Laurie and made the introductions and we all talked to her, but I kept looking at her.

"Laurie when did you live in Chicago?"

"I left there when I was nineteen, so five or six years ago."

"Did you by chance live on Hollings court?"

"How did you...Kenny...skinny Kenny?"

Sandy just shook her head and looked at Dean who rolled his eyes and then stared at us as he said, "Now what the hell. Chicago must have two million people and you two are going to tell us you know each other?" We answered by throwing ourselves into each other's arms.

"Laurie you look great, how have you been?"

"Great and look at you now, all handsome and not skinny anymore."

"I finally grew up. How did you wind up down here?"

"Well I worked for Princeton Dynamics after high school."

"I remember that."

"Then I quit and moved to Des Moines. Then I came home to see if I could get back in to Princeton Dynamics only to learn it had moved down here. So to make a long story short, here I am."

"Fantastic."

Sandy asked, "How is this possible?"

"Most of our part of south Chicago worked for Princeton or for Harrison Moldings. We were a pretty tight neighborhood."

"This is weird to the point of being spooky."

I held onto Laurie as I said, "I'm so glad you met Dean and you're here tonight."

"I am too. Now I don't feel like such a stranger in the area."

"I'm sure Dean told you we're all from south Chicago."

"No he didn't, that's great." Then I remembered Dean had said he hadn't told her about our family so I shut up and released my hold on her.

I noticed Sandy was standing back taking in everything so I quickly moved over to her and told Laurie, "Sandy is my girlfriend."

Every eye went to us and Sandy looked at me in surprise as she whispered, "So you're skinny Kenny. Girlfriend eh. We'll talk later."

"I'm sure we will...honey."

Tom called and asked, "Is Carol there?'

"Sure Tom, hold on."