The Uprising: The Complete Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As soon as my crew was out of sight, I made my way towards the sun sphere. I knew I could find James there in his new hideout and I knew I could probably find a way to get some damn headway in this case. I'm sick and tired of that dirty bastard always getting what he wants and I plan on doing something about it starting now. I stopped myself when I had a clear view of the sun sphere from a parking garage a few yards away, calming my anger so that I could take on this mission with a clear head. My personal ties to this case couldn't get in the way of the law, I'll be damned if my actions get James out of trouble just because I didn't do things the conventional way!

I scanned the perimeter, taking in the new men guarding the entrances to the elevators used to reach the floors of the sun sphere. Four men, one set on the upper level facing my position and the other on the lower level facing the water. I could take out the two at the lower level by sneaking in from the alleyway between the bridge and the Holiday Inn; use the level of surprise to my advantage. I did a quick inventory of weapons I held on my person and decided to use the flexi cuffs to restrain the men and my police issue handgun for protection, hoping I wouldn't need to use it since this wasn't a "kill and go" type mission. I checked my clip and froze. Nausea rippled over me as my vision went blurry and I fell back into the concrete wall.

Vision

Two bodies lie motionless on the ground, both with their own small pool of blood. I stepped around the blood, careful not to leave noticeable footprints as I secured the flexi cuffs around the men's wrists behind their back and made my way toward back toward the alleyway I had come in through. I held my position as I checked to make sure the commotion didn't alert the other two guards and breathed a quiet sigh of relief when it appeared that I was in the clear. I breezed through the alleyway, finding a maintenance door unlocked of the hotel using it to slowly enter the building. I silently made my way through the hallways, steering clear of the main room's large glass windows, finding my way to the opposite end of the hotel that faced the side of the sun sphere. From my vantage point, I could clearly see the other two guards without being seen. I palmed my handgun and made sure the butt of the gun was clear of any blood it had acquired when I smashed it into the guards nose effectively knocking them unconscious.

End Vision

I gasped as my vision cleared and my surroundings came back clearly, displaying the exact place my vision had left me in last. I leaned against the wall for support. Not once had my visions controlled my body at any time since I've been having them. No, this was definitely a first and honestly quite freaky. I noticed my hands were shaking so I calmed myself by taking deep breaths and slowly taking in my surroundings. Just like in my vision, I could clearly see the remaining two guards at the upper level elevators only now one was talking on a cell phone. Something black and shiny caught my attention from the corner of my eye. A black SUV driving on the pathway had me fall back into the shadows of the hallway of the hotel as I watched James Hutchinson appear from the backseat and walk towards the guards followed by three more of his men. Although the guards themselves were intimidating, they sunk back in fear of James and I couldn't help but agree with them that he was pure evil but I definitely wasn't going to let that stop me.

I watched as James taunted the guards for a few minutes before taking the elevator up to the top of the sun sphere. I knew my time would be limited, I needed to get to the guards before James reached the top and would be able to see my incoming attack. Taking a deep breath, I eased open the hotel door and ran towards the unsuspecting guards. Someone must have been watching over me because the guards didn't notice my assent until it was too late, earning them the same fate as the other guards. I watched the lights on the elevator, telling me which floor James had stopped on and once it stopped, I pushed the call button and waited for the doors to open and take me up. I took a small sigh of relief when I recalled that the floor James had exited on was the office building floor and was set up with a waiting room at the entrance. I knew I'd have to fight off more guards, but at least I wouldn't be faced with guards and James at the same time, I'd still have slight surprise attack abilities.

I checked my handgun again for good measure and took steady deep breaths as the elevator climbed. The doors opened slowly and allowed the cool air to pour into the elevator, two guards peered in the elevator confused as to another arrival. Using their stupidity against them, I quickly roundhouse kicked one in the face, then forced the second guard's nose back into his face using the palm of my hand, a quick but gruesome way of disabling an attacker. A quick assessment of the room proved that the two idiots behind me were the only ones standing watch of the room. I made quick work of cuffing their hands and feet with the flexi cuffs and made makeshift gags out of their own shirts that I ripped off of them. I definitely didn't need their screaming to alert the others of my presence. Grabbing their handguns and the extra clip of each gun, I made my way toward the solid oak door that stood behind the reception-like desk in the room. Muffled voices could be heard from just behind it and I listened to see what I could gather about how many were in the room and what exactly was going on.

"We haven't seen any signs of them boss. They are either hiding out like pansies or sticking to the shadows like frickin ninjas or sumthin' because we ain't seen nor heard from em' sir."

I rolled my eyes at the stereotypical southern hick drawl, I've lived here my entire damn life and I don't sound like that. Just goes to show you that some people really fit the pathetic stereotype.

"I assure you they are out there, Boyd. Its only a matter of you getting your head out of your ass long enough to find them! Where the fuck did they find you anyway, out in the holler for fucks sake?"

I listened to an angry James and winced as I heard the man referred to as Boyd being beaten by, I assumed, James and his guards. Footsteps towards the door alerted me to fall back and allow the men to leave the room. This would work well for me, give me time to take on a few at once instead of all of them which would hinder my abilities slightly but enough for trouble. The heavy door opened and allowed two guards dragging a bloody and unconscious Boyd to exit the room before slamming shut behind them. Acting quickly, I charged the guards from behind and used the butt of my gun to smack into the backs of their heads to knock them out cold. Not only did I want to save my ammo, but I didn't want to alert the rest of them to my presence with the sound of gunshots. Once the guards were out cold, I cuffed their hands and feet and drug them in front of the desk taking them out of view of the office should anyone else exit the room. I checked Boyd for pulse and breathing sounds and found a steady beat and only slightly weakened breath sounds, meaning he was only unconscious and would wake eventually. For safe measure, I drug him in front of the desk along with the others and cuffed him before making my way back to the main office door.

The muffled voices faded away and were replaced by footsteps once again. The remaining guard from the SUV appeared but stopped in the doorway. It was then I noticed the bloodstains on the carpet clearly visible from his position. The guard made to reach for his weapon, but I disarmed him and ran into the office slamming the door shut behind me, effectively locking myself in the office with the bastard that killed my best friend. A look of surprise flitted across James' face as he looked up from his desk to see me standing before him, but quickly changed into an evil smile as he realized who I was.

"My, my. If it isn't little Ria Romano. He laughs in an intimidating way, or so he thinks. I was wondering when we'd come across one another, and now here we are. Kudos on taking on my men single handedly, as I'm sure you've come alone knowing you."

Standing from his chair, he slowly walks toward the glass behind him overlooking the city skyline and makes himself a drink from the bar set up on a small table.

"I'd offer you a drink but it appears you're on duty, and we both know that's not allowed."

He smirks at me from behind his glass and finishes his drink. He'd be damn sexy if he weren't pure evil. His dark hair was still buzzed short like I remembered it and his green eyes still bore into you as if he were seeing your soul. Yes he looked exactly the same, only now his eyes were cold and filled with hate. His lean muscular body wore black slacks and a dark blue button up with the sleeves rolled up. He looked exactly the same as he did all those years ago, save a few gray hairs at his temple which only aided his appeal. I noticed the smirk on his face.

"See something you like Ria? Oh dear, just what would Jennifer say to you looking at me like that? Why, I think she'd be heartbroken that her best friend was checking me out. Don't you agree?"

I wanted to punch that smirk off his smug face. How dare he mention her! He had no right to even think of her, let alone taunt me with her memory.

"Are you finished being a smug bastard, or should I continue to appear like I give a damn what you have to say James?"

His laugh filled the room once again as he walked around the desk and leaned against the front of it, facing me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Why don't we just get down to business hmm? You always were a 'cut to the chase' type of girl, I think that's one of the reasons you got under my damn skin. If you'd have been a good girl and learned your place in the world, I might have gone after you instead of Jenny, but alas you had to be stubborn. Look what your stubbornness did for poor Jennifer, got her killed in a home invasion."

His air quotes pissed me off more than his speaking of her like he had a right to.

"You know, you don't talk much do ya? Huh, maybe I should have chosen you instead."

His laugh filled the room once again but was cut short when the heel of my combat boot came in contact with his gut followed quickly by my fist to his nose.

"Shut your fucking mouth! You don't speak until I say so you smug bastard."

He moved to attack me back but was met with another kick, only this time to the side of his head.

"Now see what you've done? I came here to talk, but now you've pissed me off."

I kicked him again because I felt like it and that bastard deserved it. I hauled his ass back to his chair and cuffed him to it, using every possible place his body could be attached to the chair to my advantage. I wheeled him around to the other side of the room and placed his back to the door before perching myself on top of his desk with my handgun drawn. I readied my weapon before I spoke.

"Now listen asshole, we're going to do this my way since you had to go and fuck up my original plan like the douche you are. So this is how its going to work, listen up because I'm not in the mood to fucking repeat myself. You're going to answer my questions and give me the information I want, then I'm going to call for backup and have your ass hauled off. Those are the rules of the game, don't like them, don't play but I promise you, you won't like the alternative."

I pulled the switchblade from my boot and took a moment to gather my thoughts, as well as let dumbass soak up the wonderfulness that is getting your ass kicked by a girl. I watched as he spit blood on the carpet in front of himself and glared at me.

"First question. Why did you try to take over the city?"

Simple enough question, and definitely straight to the point. I clearly wasn't in the mood to beat around the bush. I watched James sit back in the chair as much as he could and rolled my eyes at the smirk that crossed his face.

"Because I can Ria. What other reason is there? I'm better than all the fucking losers appointed to take care of this city, so I decided to take over."

I laughed, "Apparently not dumbass, considering you're the one cuffed to the chair and bleeding. Next question. Why did you kill Jennifer, and don't give me your usual bullshit story either."

James rolled his eyes at me.

"I killed her because she just wouldn't fucking listen. She thought she could knew everything and she claimed she would leave me if I didn't stop sleeping around on her. Then when she announced she was pregnant, I knew it was time to get rid of her. She whined enough as it was, I didn't want to deal with her ass getting hormonal during her pregnancy. Besides, she had fulfilled her purpose as far as I was concerned. She got me my promotions by being the good little wife that cooked dinners for my boss and his wife. Her job was complete as far as I was concerned, so I got rid of her. End of story."

I kicked him hard in the face.

"You son of a bitch! You could have left her! You didn't have to fucking kill her and her baby!"

"It was my baby too, bitch!"

I kicked him again, not caring if he died or what the consequences would be for me.

"You gave up your right to call her that when you killed her mother, so don't you dare call that baby yours again or I'll kill you myself you twisted son of a bitch."

I seethed. My body ached with the force I was using to kick the bastard. I wanted to walk out of there with his blood and brains on my boot, but I knew I needed to reel it in a bit and calm down. I couldn't rightfully bring him to justice if he were a fucking corpse, so I needed to chill out before I went too far. I watched as he spit out a mouthful of blood again and smiled at the tooth that landed in the floor with it. I grabbed my communicator and called for backup. I gave my location and floor number and requested a full unit for the removal of the main suspect and perp. I also informed headquarters of the detained men involved before cutting off my communicator and walking behind James to open the door.

I stopped in the doorway and spoke over my shoulder, "I told you I'd get your ass. Doesn't it feel good to know that 'little Ria Romano' kicked your sorry ass and took you down? Have fun in the big house, you've gotten quite a few angry men in even more trouble so I expect you to have a lovely and warm welcoming waiting for you."

***

The city slowly went back to normal with the capture of James and the escapees. James' trial lasted seven months and had to have a jury brought in from Nashville for fairness. He was sentenced to life with no chance of parole for the attempt at taking over the city of Knoxville. He was also sentence with several counts of murder for the civilians killed during the uprising, which only stacked on more years to his life sentence. He confessed to having Jennifer killed and was sentenced with her murder as well as her baby's. Jennifer's parents and I visited the grave together, leaving her favorite daisies on her grave with a metal angel as decoration.

My entire crew all received promotions for their work in bringing down the uprising. Most went on to continue serving the city of Knoxville while a few went on to even bigger things. Allyson Michaels fully recovered and went on to marry Todd Jacobs right after her release from physical therapy. They've been happily married for twelve years and have three adorable little girls. They currently live on the outskirts of town in the more rural part of town with a decent sized lot of land.

Tara Sharp recovered nicely from her gunshot wound and was promoted to my position when I retired seven years ago. I knew it was time to let someone else take over and let me live a semi normal life. She went on to marry Lt. Colonel John Daniels and now resides in Germany with their two children.

Diana Hardins had to have three transfusions after being shot that day and fought a hard battle but didn't make it in the end. The bullet had nicked her femoral artery and the surgeons couldn't repair the tear in time to save her. Her picture and plague still hang on the hero wall along with all the others lost during the uprising in remembrance of her great service and sacrifice.

Edward returned to his usual self after suffering two gunshot wounds, a broken arm and two broken ribs. We moved in together shortly after James' capture and got married ten years ago, two years after my "retirement" from the force. We now live in a small county a few hours outside of Knoxville where Edward is the sheriff. We live with our twin boys, Issac and Austin, and our daughter Elizabeth Renee named after her aunt Jennifer.

The End

**A/N** I know some of you will be sad or angry to see this story come to an end, but I simply didn't see it going anywhere else. I wrote the update with NO intentions of ending the story, but it felt right once I read it. I wanted to let the reader's imagination take control of what happened to the characters but also have something to close with. I hope you all have enjoyed this story because I certainly enjoyed using my hometown as a setting and may do so in the future with upcoming stories. Thank you for reading.