The Way Back Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I updated her on my meeting with David, Colin and Keith and she was thoughtful. She said nothing then, but days later when she was leaving, she said something arresting.

"It seems to me that your troubles originated here. I think your murderer lives here."

When she said it, it was obvious of course, and I was then sure the other men had already reached that conclusion.

Her 'four' days were busy. Sunday afternoon we called on David and Vivienne, and I was relieved that they kept off the usual subject of Ann and a possible meeting with her or the children. It certainly cost Viv a great deal of effort and I thanked her sincerely with a hug for being so diplomatic. I still remember her beatific smile, and David's smug expression; it had obviously been a joint effort!

We took in a play at the Lowry, a film, and dinner with Geoff and Susan Bucklow. Susan was eager to see Trish and size her up, and I was gratified that she took to her immediately. Geoff and I talked business all night, and Susan and Trish didn't stop talking either. Trish got hugs and kisses from both my new found old friends.

We also found a few hours to go for a walk in Dunham Park.

Of course we made love. It was comfortable and easy. Ordinary people settle to a few positions and know each other's preferences, and we certainly did, but there was something different about it; a subtle change in our relationship, and we both noticed it.

As we stood by her car before she went back to Newcastle she looked into my eyes, searching for something.

"What?" I asked.

"Something's changed, hasn't it?"

"Yes, but relationships change all the time. We're still the same people Trish. We still love each other."

"Yes, but," she pursued, "what I did, you know, it's put a sort of distance between us. It's my fault and I'm really sorry. I've never had a relationship like ours, never allowed anything to develop before.

"I didn't realise how binding, in a good way, sex can be. It sort of pulls us closer, opens us up to each other. I think that's why my slip on Friday was so damaging and why I feel so guilty. Casual sex is really a waste of time; it doesn't even satisfy like committed sex does. Am I being stupid?"

I smiled. "No. It makes perfect sense. I think that's what irritated me. Perhaps I couldn't see why you had to do it. Look my love, it's in the past now; let it go. I know I can. All your previous one-night stands didn't stop our relationship growing. Put Friday with them and let it go."

"I love you. You're so good for me," and she looked at me with such love.

"I love you too. You've saved my life you know," and I smiled back into her eyes. The closeness was back.

And we kissed and hugged and kissed again. And then she was gone.