The Way You Say My Name Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wavyscribe
wavyscribe
1,093 Followers

Jamie did his best to dissolve into the couch cushions, but Dillon had learned long ago the best way to handle Heath was not to back down. He squeezed Jamie's hand and said, "You heard us the first four times we said it."

Heath got up from his perch on the chair and started pacing back and forth across the apartment's small living room. "So let me get this straight. Ben Lewis leaves Jamie a wad of cash and some hokey death-bed confession letter, but instead of going to the cops like any normal people would, the two of you have decided to break out your junior detective kits. What is this, Revenge of the Hardy Boys?"

Dillon hated to do it, but Heath left him no choice. He would have to play the M card. Winking at Jamie, Dillon said, "I told Megan you wouldn't help us, but she swore up and down you would."

Heath's head spun around so fast, Dillon was surprised he didn't get whiplash. "You dragged Megan into this. Damn it, Dillon--"

"Think about it, Heath. Do you really think I could force Megan to do anything she didn't wanna do?"

Heath sank back down into his chair wearing that same defeated look that most of the men in Megan's life wore. "No, Megan knows her own mind. Was it really her idea for me to ferret out that info for you?"

"Yep."

"You know it could take me a while to access the records, don't you?"

Jamie spoke up. "We understand. We're just grateful for the help. Me most of all, since Ben was my friend in the first place."

Heath leaned his head back and closed his eyes. "I'm not gonna get out of this, am I?"

Dillon hid his smile. "Not unless you want to disappoint Megan."

Heath's sigh was pure resignation. "That's what I was afraid of."

#

Heath had warned that it would take a while to scout out the owner of Tanner Textile. A while turned out to be three days. Friday afternoon, Dillon, Megan, and Jamie sat waiting in Heath's living room for a full report.

"Are you sure Heath said to meet him here?"

Dillon glared over at Megan from where he sat on the couch, cuddling with Jamie. "No less sure than I was the first four times you asked me, Megan." Megan sat in Heath's favorite chair, her legs curled beneath her. "I know, I know. I'm a gnat, buzzing around and bugging the crap out of you both. But I can't help it. I want this thing resolved so you and Jamie won't have to worry about it anymore."


Dillon was immediately contrite. "Sorry, Meggie. Didn't mean to snap. Ever since Heath called me this afternoon and asked us to meet him here, I've been on edge."

Jamie squeezed Dillon's hand and gave Megan one of his killer smiles. "At the risk of sounding like a puss, I just want to thank both of you for helping me. You didn't have to bust your tails to track down Ben's guy, but I'm damned glad you did." His voice cracked and his smile wavered a little. "I'm grateful, and I have the feeling that Ben would be, too."

Dillon pressed himself tight to Jamie's left side, and Megan came to sit on the couch, cosseting Jamie on the right. They were both so intent on giving Jamie their love and comfort, neither heard Heath come in.

"Hey, how come Jamie gets all the attention? I'm the one who's been busting his hump trying to track down Mr. Mystery Lover."

The anticipation in the room was so thick, Dillon swore he could taste it. Jamie stood up, but kept a death grip on Dillon's hand. Dillon and Megan rose as well, but it was Jamie who said, "You found him? You know who owns the property?"

"Yep. It wasn't easy, either, let me tell you. I spent my day off combing through old inspection reports, code violation tickets, rewiring permits--"

Dillon felt Jamie's trembling and scowled at his brother. "For Christ's sake, Heath, would ya tell us already?"

Heath had the good grace to look apologetic. "Sorry about that. Anyway, the property owner is listed as a Mr. A. F. Barnes, Junior."

Megan gasped, and Jamie said, "You mean--"

"A. F. Barnes, Junior, otherwise known as Ashton Franklin Barnes the Second, only has one son." Dillon swore. "Mother fucker. Ben's boyfriend was Ash."

{TO BE CONTINUED}

wavyscribe
wavyscribe
1,093 Followers