The Wish

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

While at Victoria's Secret Anne outfitted herself with a complete new set of undergarments. For the first time she could ever remember she really felt sexy. The two women spent the rest of the evening clothes shopping and when they were done they were several hundred dollars lighter in each of their wallets but they were also very pleased with their purchases. Anne had decided that since she had this new look and it didn't seem to surprise anyone, well at least it didn't surprise Jodi, so she assumed it wouldn't surprise anyone else, she would go along with it and see what happened.

"Listen," Jodi said, "why don't we go home, get changed, and go out dancing?"

"Well," Anne said hesitantly, "I don't know. I'm not sure I know how."

"Oh come Anne. It's time to break out and enjoy ourselves. Come on, it'll be a kick!" Jodi said enthusiastically.

Anne looked down at herself, her new self, and thought why not. "Okay, what time?"

"I'll pick you up in an hour okay?" Jodi asked.

"Okay but where are we going?"

"I don't know but who cares. Let's just go out and have a good time."

Anne smiled and said, "Sure, why not."

Jodi hugged Anne and said, "See you in an hour." With that Jodi turned and scampered off towards the mall exit. Anne was a little taken aback about Jodi's show of affection. No one had ever just upped and hugged her like that. Then she thought how good it felt. All this was so new to her that it rushed over her almost swamping her like a boat adrift in the tide. Anne collected herself quickly and headed home.

IV

Anne took a quick shower and changed when she got home. Although she was not in the habit of putting makeup on Anne decided that this time she would, she wanted to look really good. She found what little makeup she owned, pulled out an eyebrow pencil and a little blush and applied them conservatively. As Anne looked at herself in the mirror it was like she was looking at some other woman. It haunted her to know that on the inside she still had all the same feelings she'd always had but on the outside she looked almost completely different. She pondered on her wishes and wondered if she had done the right thing. Something in her heart said "no" however she decided to go along with her mind and enjoy her new found beauty.

The doorbell rang and Anne knew it had to be Jodi. Anne grabbed a light sweater, her purse and then stopped. She tried to think if she was forgetting anything but nothing came to mind. In the next instance she was going through her front door and down the steps with Jodi to Jodi's car.

As they pulled away from the apartment Anne asked, "So where are we going?"

"I thought we would go to that new club that just opened up by work. You know the one I mean? They have a live band and dancing. I love to dance."

Anne was a little hesitant about going there however she had obligated herself so she resigned herself to the evening. "You know I don't know how to dance Jodi."

"Sure you do, everyone knows how to dance," Jodi answered with her own flair.

"I don't. I didn't even dance at my senior Prom back in high school. Maybe we shouldn't go dancing."

"Of course we should," Jodi insisted, "there are men out there Anne, lots and lots of men who are just waiting for me to reject them." Jodi laughed at her joke. It caught Anne off guard but she quickly saw the humor and laughed.

"Jodi, you're horrible," Anne said with a laugh in her voice. "I know you don't treat men that way."

"Well if I don't maybe I should. I've sure had my share of bad luck with men lately. None of them seem to know what they want and even worse, they don't seem to even care what I want. All they ever think about is themselves and their buddies. God what I wouldn't give for a nice secure guy who'd show up on time and ask me what I'd like to do for a change. Those types are all married already," Jodi paused just briefly before saying, "Or they're gay, of course. Isn't that the way it always is?"

"Well, I don't know," Anne said meekly.

"Well, it's true. You know that last guy I was seeing?"

"Yes."

"Married."

"Jodi, he wasn't!"

"Oh yes he was. He said he wasn't but I knew he was right from the start. You can always tell. Somehow they never have time for you on weekends. Anyway, when I confronted him with it he admitted to it. He also managed to manipulate me into staying in the relationship. How could I be so stupid to fall into that one?" Jodi said this almost yelling it, "I was his goddam mistress! I always promised myself that I'd never do that and so what'd I do? I did it. What a fool I was. Well, I won't be that stupid again I'll tell you that much." Jodi suddenly realized how she had been going on and turned to Anne and said, "I'm sorry Anne. I'm sure you don't want to hear about all this."

"It's all right, I don't mind. Did you sleep with him?"

"Did I what?" Jodi asked as if she'd misunderstood the question. "Did I sleep with him? Of course I slept him. That was the one thing he was good at. He was a good fuck!"

"Jodi! You don't talk like that do you?"

Jodi realized how naive Anne was and thought for a second about her reply. "I'm sorry Anne. You're right. I don't like that sort of language. It's the Irish in me. When I get angry it all just pours right out. You understand?"

"Yeah, I think I do," Anne replied genuinely. They drove in silence the rest of the way to the club. Anne felt a bit odd returning to the area where she worked but at nighttime. It was oddly quiet and somewhat serene. Jodi pulled into the parking lot just as a car pulled out of a space near the club's entrance.

"Ah, the luck of the Irish." Jodi said attempting an Irish accent.

"Sure," Anne replied, "and I supposed next you'll be telling me that you know leprechauns."

"No," Jodi replied off handedly, "although I have an uncle who's rather short." Jodi grinned and then laughed. "Come on, let's go in." They got out of the car and Anne followed Jodi into the club. At the door they were greeted by a "bouncer" who checked Anne's ID but not Jodi's. Jodi felt a little put out about this slight and challenged the man. She got no satisfaction however. He just grunted something to the effect to move along. They paid their $5 cover charge and entered a half lit, smoky room where they found a small table with three empty chair around it. "See there, luck of the Irish again," Jodi chided. Anne didn't respond. She settled down into the chair and looked out at the crowd on the dance floor. The band was called The Dead Lobsters, a local group. Jodi seemed to truly enjoy their music just from the way she was already swaying to the beat of the overly loud music. Anne found it to be annoying. She felt particularly so when Jodi made a comment to her and had to repeat it three times before Anne understood her. It wasn't long before two men approached their table and asked each of them for a dance.

"No, I don't think so," Anne replied, "I'm sorry but I really don't know how to dance."

"Oh come on Anne," Jodi encouraged, "it's easy and he'll be happy to teach you won't you, what's your name?"

"I'm Joe and this is my friend Mike." Mike shook hands with Jodi and then took her by the hand out onto the dance floor where they immediately began to dance. "I will teach you." Joe said.

"What?" Anne asked. She had become preoccupied with the thought of dancing. She recovered quickly and said, "How about if we start off with a slow song?" Anne said this hoping he we be put off enough to leave and she'd not have to dance.

"Okay," he replied. Almost if by magic the band changed to a slow song, "Unchained Melody." "This should fill the bill," Joe said.

"Yes," Anne said a bit discouraged, "I guess it does." Anne resigned herself to have the courage to dance and if she made a fool of herself, which she was sure she was going to do, then so be it. Joe took her by the hand and led her to the dance floor. Anne positioned her hands in a way she believed they would dance, two feet apart. Joe took her hands, repositioned them slightly and suddenly Anne found herself following his lead and being held tightly against him. This made Anne very nervous but she literally bit her lip and did what she thought she had to do. Several times during the song Anne stepped on one of Joe's feet and she apologized at some length each time. She knew she was being overly sensitive but she didn't know how else to act. By the end of the song Anne found that she had actually enjoyed it a bit although she still felt very uncomfortable. This song was followed by another slow song and so they continued to dance. Joe started talking about himself and Anne remembered what Jodi had said about men being so self-centered. Still, she listened intently. She didn't want to embarrass herself by forgetting some minor fact he told her. She actually found him to be rather interesting. He was an engineer at Mitre and she could tell from the way he talked that he was well educated. He seemed to know just what to say to her too so that he endeared himself to her by the time the second song came to an end. Suddenly the music turned loud and fast again. Anne begged Joe to allow her to sit it out but he persisted and Anne found herself desperately trying to follow the steps to the music. Finally, in frustration, she gave up trying to figure it out and just moved in any way which felt right. She was surprised that no one seemed to be watching or even noticed. Anne chastised herself silently for being so paranoid. In every part of her life, save this one, she was always very confident and she saw no reason why she shouldn't feel confident here as well. Then next time she stepped on Joe's foot, which was moments later, she reminded herself why she was not so self assured. For the next hour Joe and Anne danced. Almost out of energy Anne found herself in Joe's arms dancing to a slow song once again. She felt tired and lay her head on his shoulder. She didn't noticed how closely he had pulled them together although she did have the stirrings of some feelings for him. Joe seemed like a genuinely nice guy and since he had been with her all this time, she rationalized, maybe he'd want to be with her more. Her question was soon answered.

Joe and Anne went back to the table where Mike and Jodi were already sitting. "I thought you couldn't dance!" Jodi chided Anne.

"I can't."

"Don't listen to her," Joe said, "she's a wonderful dancer."

"Anne, would I be a terrible person if I left now?" Anne asked apologetically.

"You want to leave now?" Jodi asked.

"Oh, no, I mean, Mike is going to take me home and I hoped that would be all right with you."

"Oh," Jodi replied understanding the situation now, "of course. Have a good time and do try to stay out of trouble Anne."

V

The early morning light came streaming through the not quite closed shades of Anne's bedroom. Anne opened her eyes slightly and closed them again quickly. She felt a bit disoriented although she was in her own bed. She turned on her side and opened her eyes. Where she expected to find Joe she found a note.

Dear Anne,

Had a great time last night. You're the best. See you around.

Joe

Anne's anger surfaced vehemently. "Why that goddam son-of-a-bitch! He just left! Who the hell does he think he is!" Anne vented. Then just as suddenly as she had started Anne stopped her tirade. She felt totally out of character although she was still very angry. Now she was beginning to feel hurt and abandoned. First one tear fell over Anne's cheek, followed by another and then Anne started to cry. She felt cheated and she felt dirty. Now she understood Jodi's anger towards men. She had given herself to him and now where was he?

In her anger Anne got up quickly and took a shower. After she had initially washed her hair she stood under the shower head allowing the hot water to stream down over her body. It felt very relaxing. Anne felt the anger drain from her and she was soon able to occupy her mind with other more pleasant thoughts. While she was standing there contemplating she heard the phone ring. Her first inclination was to let the answering machine pick it up but almost as quickly as that thought crossed her mind she hopped out of the shower, wrapped her hair up in a towel and threw her terry cloth bathrobe. She caught the phone on its fourth ring, just as the answering machine was about to pick it up.

"Hello," Anne said breathlessly.

"Hi Anne, it's Jodi. Are you all right?"

"Oh, I'm fine. You just caught me in the shower."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to call you back?"

"No, that's all right. I needed to get out anyway."

"So, how'd it go last night? Got yourself a sweetie huh?"

"A sweetie? A piece of pond scum is more like it!" Anne raved uncharacteristically.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

"He left! I woke up this morning and he was gone! Poof! That bastard wrote me some cutesy little note and left!"

"Oh," Jodi groaned knowingly, "was he married or something?"

"What do you mean was he married?"

"Didn't you ask him?"

"No, why, should I have?"

"Always. You never know."

"Well, I just assumed since he wasn't wearing a wedding ring that he wasn't."

"Bad assumption Anne, you always have to ask. You can also check to see if there is some light skin on his ring finger where a ring had been."

"I didn't think of that." Anne said feeling the fool again. "What about you? How did you make out?"

"I didn't. He was a jerk and he was married. I'll bet his friend Joe was married too now that I think of it. I'm sorry Anne. I shouldn't have gotten you into this."

"Don't apologize Jodi. I'm a big girl now and I can take care of myself. Just don't ask me to go to another club for at least ten years."

"Oh come on Anne, all men aren't that bad, you'll see."

"You're the one who told me all men are that bad."

"I know but I was wrong. I shouldn't have said that to you," Jodi said very repentently.

"It's all right Jodi. I'll know better the next time."

"What are you doing today?" Jodi asked.

"I had planned on taking my clothes to the dry cleaners and then I was going to go over the stats in that report that's due Monday night. You know the one I mean?"

"Yes, I know the one and I also know you have it down cold already. Anne, if you weren't so good at your job I'd think you were paranoid. The report's done. I've read it. It's perfect. Pinto will love it!"

"She'd better! I worked my ass off to get that finished."

"Anne, you need a break and I have just the thing."

"Not another club!" Anne exclaimed.

"No no, not another club. Have you ever been canoeing?"

"No, what do you have in mind?"

"Well, you know where route 30 meets the Interstate? Right before there is a canoe rental place right on the river. It's right next to the bridge. You know where I mean?"

"I think I do," Anne replied a little hesitantly.

"Great, meet me there at one okay?"

"Well, I guess so," Anne said hesitating once again.

"Great, see you then!" Jodi said and just as quickly hung up.

Anne looked at her watch, eight twenty-five. She thought through her day until she would meet Jodi. She scheduled her morning in her mind and then got dressed.

VI

Anne arrived at the boat house just a few minutes before Jodi. She could see the people paddling along the river, enjoying themselves. It seemed peaceful and fun. Anne felt this just might be some fun.

"Hi Anne!" Jodi said in a spirited voice and from directly behind Anne. Anne jumped with surprise at hearing her voice.

"You scared me!" Anne proclaimed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm just in a playful mood."

"That's okay, I was just startled and I'm feeling pretty good too. So what do we do now."

"Well, what we do now is we rent a canoe and get out on the river. There are waters to be conquered and men to be found!" Anne declared. "Or is it there are waters to be found and men to be conquered?" Anne said this with a silly grin on her face.

"You and men, jeeze Jodi, don't you ever think of anything else?"

"Not on weekends I don't. Weekends are for me. So come on, let's get going. Have you ever gone canoeing before?" Jodi thought about her question and quickly answered it, "No, you haven't, have you?"

"No, I haven't," Anne replied sheepishly.

"Well, that's all right. There's nothing to it and we're going to have a great time today, even if we don't find any men."

"Jodi, I swear, your mind seems to be chained to one thought."

"I know, I can't help it and I don't want to either."

"Come on," Anne said, "let's get going already." Anne really did not want to have any man be a part of her day today. She hoped they would not be. She was afraid that if Jodi had her way she would not be able to avoid it. She decided not to worry about it and just see what happens.

Jodi took care of getting the canoe and the paddles. She showed Anne where to get her life jacket, it was required, and helped her into the canoe. "All you have to do is put the paddle about half way down into the water and pull. Keep changing sides though or we won't go straight. We have the canoe for three hours so we have plenty of time to do whatever we want. Any questions?"

"No, not that I can think of. This boat seems awfully wobbly. What if we tip over?" Anne asked.

"We're not going to tip over but if we do that's what you have your life vest for. You just float in the water while I right the boat and then hold onto the side of the boat until I can get it to the shore. Anyway, that's not going to happen, I promise."

"I know about promises," Anne said sarcastically.

They rowed for about an hour up the river. Anne was really enjoying herself and Jodi only once brought up the topic of men when three men in a canoe went by them in the other direction Jodi felt it her job to comment on how good looking they were. Anne was happy they were heading in the other direction and didn't take notice of Jodi. Once they got to a shallow point in the river Jodi steered the boat to the shore, jumped out and pulled it onto the river's edge.

"Want one?" Anne asked as she pulled out a pint of bottled water she had brought with her.

"Sure, I need it," Jodi replied. They sat there in the shade of a very large old oak tree, drank their water and talked about how beautiful the trip up the river had been and how nice and serene it was there. For the first time in a very long time Anne felt very relaxed and at ease. She felt like she could take a nap right there. She guessed all the pent up tensions were releasing and her relaxing was making her feel tired. Finally Anne suggested they start back down the river. They had rented the boat for three hours and time was beginning to run a bit short. Jodi agreed and pushed the canoe back into the water. They both got into the canoe with ease and started paddling down the river. For about a mile or so the river was very quiet and there didn't seem to be much of a current. Jodi reminded Anne that there were some fast points in the river just ahead so she should prepare herself.

"Let's go right down through the middle of those rapids!" Anne said confidently.

Jodi laughed at Anne's comment and agreed that it would be fun but that they needed to get good and comfortable and well centered in the boat so they wouldn't tip over. They did this and went on into the rapids of the small river. Anne screamed with delight as they descended through the rapids, at one point hitting an eddy which sprayed water all over both of them soaking them to the skin. As they began to emerge Anne had a fit of laughter at what had just happened and started to cheer about how good they were. Anne put her hands together in a fist and raised them over her head as a sign of victory over the rapids. Just as she did that she lost her balance and went tumbling into the water flipping Anne out of the canoe as she did so. Anne felt a bit of terror course through her then she got her wits about her, remembered what Jodi had told her and tried to get a sense of where she was. At first she could not see the canoe or Jodi. A second later she heard Jodi yell for her and saw Jodi just a short way down the river holding onto the canoe.