Threading the Needle Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How are you doing?" Indigo asked.

For a moment, Lena thought it was just a casual greeting, but then she realized it was more than that. After giving it a thought, she replied, "Okay."

Indigo glanced in the mirror, seeing the reflection of Liz with her group. "I get that," she said. When the bartender came back, she ordered another beer too.

"I guess you do," Lena said. Her voice was a mixture of emotions, each one distinguishable. Indigo nodded, able to relate to the touches of envy, irritation, and sadness.

"You know, Liz is cooling things off with me now," Indigo said. A ghost of a smile passed over her lips as she heard those same emotions in her own voice. "So I won't get in your way, Lena. It's better anyhow, for me. Alex isn't happy with me being with Liz this much."

"Oh, I didn't know," Lena said awkwardly. It was weird talking about this. She didn't quite get Indigo and Alex's relationship, other than they were mostly committed to each other... except when they weren't.

"Yeah," Indigo said as she picked up her beer. Turning around, she leaned up against the bar. "I'm the one who should feel jealous of you."

Lena didn't turn around. She kept facing the mirror, her eyes occasionally glancing up to check Liz out. "I wasn't trying to take her away from you, Indigo."

Looking over with that same faint ghost of a smile, Indigo chuckled. "Who, Alex?" Her smile grew more real as she watched Lena blush. "Liz isn't mine, Lena. She isn't anyone's, sweetie. She belongs to herself, and just lets us in occasionally." She glanced back over at Liz and sighed.

"This is what it's like being with Liz, Lena. Always knowing that someone else might catch her eye and she's gone," Indigo said. Her eyes bored in on the woman next to Liz. "Flashy," she thought to herself. "Just the type to get drawn to Liz and spark her interest." It would be too cruel to point that out to Lena. It was something she would learn.

"We've got plans to go out tonight," Lena said. Without realizing it, she sounded defiant.

Indigo nodded. "I hope she keeps them. I never counted on that," she said softly.

Lena looked at her with a little start. That thought hadn't even occurred to her. "She would stand you up?" she asked.

A passive stare was Indigo's reply. She took a long sip of her beer. "Maybe it will be different for you," she finally said. Inside a tiny part of her hoped it wouldn't be. She frowned, dismayed by the thought. She liked Lena and didn't want to wish her ill.

"How long have you two been going out?" Lena asked in a hesitant voice.

"Around two years," Indigo said, "but I wouldn't call what we do going out. It's mostly sex, really good sex."

"Were you sleeping together that whole time?" Lena asked.

Indigo chuckled. "I wouldn't call it that either. It was sex."

"Oh." Lena looked at Liz in the mirror lost in her thoughts. Finally, she looked back at Indigo. "Can I ask you something?" The melancholy lilt to her voice was gone, replace with a comradely warmth.

"Sure," Indigo said.

"Did you want more?" Lena said in a voice that was almost a whisper.

Indigo looked into the mirror again, this time at herself. She was quiet a long time before turning to Lena. "I love Alex. We've been together almost three years. She loves me back and never is thoughtless. I look at her and I can see someone to share my life with, and who will always be there for me." She stared at Lena. As the silence stretched, Lena began to feel like she should apologize for asking when Indigo spoke again.

"Yeah, I wish there was more. If Liz had asked me, I would have left Alex in a heartbeat." Her voice was a pained whisper. The admission clearly hurt. Indigo closed her eyes for a second and then grabbed her beer and went back to their table.

Lena didn't follow. There was a lump in her throat and she felt the tears that Indigo couldn't shed well up in her eyes. "Poor Indigo," she thought as she quickly wiped them away. Anyone seeing her would misunderstand. She didn't need anyone's pity. She waited long enough for the emotions to pass and then she rejoined the group.

There were no signs remaining of the guard Indigo had let down. She was joking around with Bohdi and Winnie. For a bit, Lena stayed on the fringes watching her. At last, Indigo leaned over to her and whispered in her ear.

"It's fine. Like I said, it's for the best. Liz isn't good for me," Indigo said.

As she pulled away, her emerald green eyes looked deep into Lena's smokier ones. There was a message there, but Lena couldn't figure out what it was. Was it a warning, sympathy or just a wish for better luck? It could have been any of those. Even when she started to re-engage with the group, in the back of her mind, Lena was still trying to sort it out.

Unlike Lena who was being cautious with her drinking, Winnie was working through her third beer. Without Logan there to put a damper on her mood, she enjoyed the attention of the rest of the guides gave her for the swim. Even Liz mentioned she was proud of her as she passed by.

When Indigo rejoined them, Winnie sensed her mood and was doing what she could to help. She was so intent on Indigo that she missed how distracted Lena was. Slowly the joking with Indigo became more like flirting than joking. The more Winnie's mind became clouded by beer, the more memories of Indigo popped into it. There were a few moments when it seemed like Indigo was looking at her the same way she looked at Liz or Alex. Winnie had seen that sparkle in Indigo's eyes before, but this time it was meant for her.

For the first time in a long time, Winnie allowed herself to respond. Pretending it was just like back in those college bars, she moved a little closer to Indigo. When their legs touched, Indigo looked down and then gave Winnie a smile. Without being obvious, Winnie slowly rubbed her leg back and forth. After a moment, there was an answering pressure.

For Winnie, it was thrilling and also a little scary. She seemed to be on the verge of letting the genie out of the bottle without really know if she wanted it. Already, she could feel a tickle in her pussy that told her it was getting a little wet. When Indigo reached behind her to put down her beer, she left her hand there. Winnie was very aware of it, even though Indigo didn't do anything, other than picking her glass back up a couple of times to take a drink.

Just as Winnie was starting to forget it was there, she felt the light touch of a finger on the back of her shirt. It wasn't much, just a slow circle. Although Winnie hid it from everyone else, Indigo could feel the shiver than ran down her spine. Winnie's hair was shorter, just above the collar. She felt Indigo's thumb brush against the skin there. Winnie couldn't help her little intake of breath.

Unexpectedly Indigo pulled away. "I'll be back," she said, and then headed towards the restrooms.

After a moment of hesitation, Winnie followed. "Now that she mentioned it, I think I need to go too," Winnie said.

Absorbed in her own thoughts, Lena missed what had gone on, and none of the guys picked up on it either. They barely glanced at the two women as they left.

Once they were around the corner, Indigo kept on going past the women's restroom. If Winnie really wanted to pee, she would have either just gone in or at least asked where Indigo was going. Instead, Winnie followed her. In a second, they were at the back door.

Indigo put her hand in it, ignoring the warning sign that an alarm would go off if opened. She grinned at Winnie and pushed it open. Nothing happened except that they felt a refreshing breath of cool air. Stepping outside, Indigo waited for Winnie to come out and then closed the door until it was almost latched. The alarm might be disconnected, but the door still automatically locked.

Reaching out, Indigo took Winnie's hand and led her across the back lot to small shed, going around behind it. She let go of Winnie's hand but stepped closer. Her white teeth shone in the early evening dark.

"You're flirty tonight, Winnie," Indigo said softly.

"Am I?" Winnie said. Her nerves suddenly were back, the cool evening air sobering her up slightly.

"You know, at first, I thought you were just a straight little girl from the heartland," Indigo said. "Inexperienced, and definitely consecutive." Reaching up, she ran her hand down Winnie's arm. "I was wrong, wasn't I?"

Her eyes closed as she felt the soft touch on her arm, even though she had a long sleeve on. They jolted open as Winnie felt the tips of Indigo's fingers touch the back of her hand.

"Turns out, you aren't so straight after all. Maybe inexperienced, but not that conservative," Indigo said. Her voice was soft, but it penetrated directly into Winnie's mind. When Indigo moved a little closer, Winnie wanted to run. Maybe it was just that she thought she should run, more than she actually wanted to. In either case, she didn't move away.

"You like watching, Winnie. You like watching girls," Indigo said. In the cool air, the warmth from her breath was easy for Winnie to feel.

"Once," Winnie croaked. Her throat was dry and she wished she had something to drink, or suck on. Her mouth swallowed as the thought of sucking reminded her of watching Liz. "One time," she repeated, her voice sounding a little less rough.

"She only knows about the time when she and Liz did it by the fire," Winnie thought to herself. "She can't know it's been three times," she thought. "Plus listening to them."

Indigo chuckled with disbelief. "Once? No, twice. Maybe three, I don't know about Initiation, but I saw you, Winnie. Here. Watching Alex fuck me." She smiled as she saw Winnie blink with surprise. "You couldn't tell, but the light from the restroom lit your face enough for me to see." She reached up and ran the back of her finger against Winnie's cheek.

Winnie let out a little gasp. The conflicting feelings of wanting to flee and stay both grew stronger.

As her fingers slowly slid down Winnie's cheek and onto her neck, Indigo smiled as she thought back. "I didn't let on. It excited me, having you watch. Feeling Alex's fingers in me, going faster. Fuck, just thinking about it now turns me on." She looked into Winnie's almost innocent looking blue eyes. "Are you turned on too, Winnie?"

Whatever moisture she had managed to get in her mouth was gone again. Winnie wasn't sure she could say a thing. Instead, she nodded.

"You turned me on again when I was with Liz. You didn't hide that time, but it was just as exciting for me. More, even," Indigo said. Stepping forward, all the space between them disappeared. Indigo's body pressed against Winnie's. One hand was on the wall of the shed beside Winnie's head; the other one reached out and touched Winnie's belly.

"Oh God," Winnie rasped out. Her breasts were heaving. She already admitted her excitement, but it was obvious to see.

"You watching made me cum so much harder than I would have. I want to return the favor," Indigo said. "Do you want that?"

There was a hint of panic in Winnie's eyes. All her thoughts and fantasies over the last weeks were leading to this. Now she was faced with the question of going through. Could she admit what she wanted?

"Has a woman ever made you cum, Winnie," Indigo asked softly.

Her lips formed the word "no," but she couldn't say it. Her head shook slightly. Her body was trembling as she felt Indigo's hand dropping down lower.

"I'll make you cum, if you want. I'll give you your first girl cum, but only if you want." Indigo's lips brushed against Winnie's ear, causing a shudder to run through her body.

Her fingers moving back and forth, Indigo asked again. Her words were slow and paced.

"Do"

"You"

"Want"

"To"

"Cum?"

Unlike all the other words, Indigo said the last one fast. The K sound was very distinct and hard.

Winnie jerked. "Please," she whispered. Knowing it wasn't quite enough, she spoke again despite the dryness of her mouth. "Please, yes."

Undoing her pants quickly, Indigo thrust her hand into Winnie's panties. Her fingers slipped in between the petals of her pussy with ease. "God, Winnie. You are soaking wet. Your pussy is dripping, isn't it," Indigo said softly.

"Yes!" Winnie hissed as she pressed up against the shed. Her knees bent so that she could spread her legs wider. Indigo's fingers felt so different from her own. They were more forceful and knew exactly what to do. Another time, Indigo might have teased her. Winnie's need was urgent.

Sliding three fingers down, Indigo began to fuck Winnie in the same way Alex fucked her seven weeks ago. Indigo needed it bad then, but Winnie needed it more now. Indigo spoke again. "I told Alex later. When we got home, I told her. I told her as I fucked her like this. I told her you watched. I told her I saw you touch your pussy!"

"Oh fuck, Indigo. Oh fuck!" Winnie moaned. Her hips were moving forward to meet each thrust. Somehow, they were equally soft and hard. Indigo managed to be delicate and tender, while her fingers moved faster and faster.

The speed with which her orgasm was approaching took Winnie by surprise. With her legs starting to tremble, she put her arm over Indigo's shoulders. Shocked at the possibility of being found out, Winnie tried to keep from crying out, with only limited success.

"Yes, yes, Indigo. God, that's good," Winnie moaned. "Oh! Oh! Fuck! I'm..."

Although she couldn't complete the sentence, Indigo had no difficulty in figuring it out. Winnie's body began to shake and her pussy repeatedly clenched at her fingers as she continued to thrust them and out of the wet and warm tunnel. She felt Winnie's hand grab some hair and pull. It didn't hurt much but it wouldn't have stopped Indigo if it had. She wanted this to be an orgasm to remember.

Finally, she felt it start to ebb, and Winnie slumped into her arms. She was gasping and moaning. Indigo smiled. This was what she was hoping for. For a minute or so, Winnie hung like that, as she recovered. Her little moans slowly faded away. As she finally stood, Indigo was able to carefully pull her fingers out. Before that, Winnie's body trapped her hand in place.

Indigo wondered what Winnie's reaction would be; would she feel embarrassed or would she accept the pleasures for what they were, a friend who cared for another, wanted to make her feel good. When her eyes met Indigo's, she knew. There was no hesitation, just excitement and gratitude.

"That was amazing," Winnie said. "Thank you, Indigo." She paused, needing to take a couple of breaths. "You had me so excited!" she admitted.

Chuckling, Indigo said, "No kidding. I could tell, but I'm glad you liked it." She raised her fingers up to her mouth and slid them into her mouth. Now she could see a hint of embarrassment on Winnie's face. Before now, her lust was enough to overcome her basic shy nature. Watching Indigo carefully cleaning the pussy juice off her fingers brought it back a bit.

"Mmmmm," Indigo said as she removed the fingers with a pop. She leaned close to Winnie. "Maybe some time, I can get that from the source," she said softly.

Feeling her face burn, Winnie couldn't respond, but Indigo's words made her pussy twitch. This was an experiment, one that she was still unsure about continuing. She needed time to think about it. Thoughts about Rikki seemed to fill her head and she blushed even harder. Her attention distracted by her thoughts, she didn't notice Indigo reaching down again, and started when she felt her fingers on her mound.

"Just zipping you up," Indigo told her as she started to protest. "We've taken enough time, I know." Still, there was something intimate about feeling someone else do this. Indigo's body pressed against hers as she redid the button at the top of her jeans. Just the feeling of the zipper closing restarted a few little tremors and, biting her lip, Winnie leaned back against the shed.

As Indigo moved away, she looked at Winnie and smiled. "I wish I could make you cum again too," she said softly. There was no trace of teasing in her voice. "Another time," she added, before starting to walk back to the tavern.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Winnie took a big breath and let it out. The remnants of her orgasm still lingered. Filled with a warm glow, she smiled. Even if she never did this again, she was glad it happened. Tensions she didn't know she even had were gone from her body. Pushing away from the shed, she took a couple of quick steps to catch up to Indigo.

They walked in silence back to the door, but as Indigo grabbed the doorknob, Winnie touched her on the shoulder. "Thanks," she whispered, as if their friends in the bar could hear them. "You really made me feel wonderful."

"You're welcome," Indigo replied. "And don't worry, I won't tell anyone. It's our secret." She pulled the door open. Before stepping in, she got an impish grin on her face. "Except Alex, of course. I don't keep any secrets from her." Once again, Winnie felt her face burn as she watched Indigo walk away. She swallowed and then went inside too.

When they got back to the table, it seemed like no one noticed. There was a big discussion about favorite rivers. Fueled by beer, it was loud and boisterous. Both Indigo and Winnie hung back, not joining in for a while, but just watching as one guide after another tried to talk over each other.

Winnie looked over at Lena. If anyone should have noticed, it was her friend. "Fortunately, she is still distracted by Liz," she thought to herself. As she watched Lena's face, she shook her head. "Not fortunately," she thought. "Poor thing." Lena was trying to put up a strong front, but her emotions still came through. Winnie moved over beside her.

"How are you doing?" she asked.

Lena looked at her and smiled. "Okay. I'm just trying to wait patiently. I think they may be leaving shortly," she said. Giving her friend a glance, Lena noticed that her friend didn't seem as tipsy as a while ago. "Done drinking?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm feeling good. I don't want any more right now," Winnie said with a smile. While she meant it about beer, she had something else in mind.

"Me too," Lena told her. "More beer won't help me." Winnie gave her a sympathetic look and then hugged her.

As she let go of Lena, it was hard for Winnie to avoid thinking about Lena in a new way. The brief moment with Indigo opened the door even more for her curiosity, rather than sating it. "Stop it," she told herself, "She needs my support, not me lusting after her."

The noise from the Liz's group got louder and Winnie looked over at them. They were walking slowly to the door. Liz followed along with them, still talking. When they passed the guides, they exchanged farewells and Liz stopped there. The flirtatious woman was the last one out the door, giving Liz a final look and a wave.

Winnie couldn't help thinking about how cute Lena was, as a little smile slowly grew on her face. Her excitement and happiness that she would finally get time with Liz was obvious. Somehow, Winnie couldn't feel the same way. She looked over at Liz.

"Don't break her heart," Winnie thought, before turning away to listen to the friendly argument that was still raging.

Lena walked over to Liz. "Hi there," she said.

"Hi yourself, cutie," Liz said. She had a confident smile and moved close to Lena.

"So, are you still going to come by my place and pick me up?" Lena said. She felt a few butterflies in her stomach as she thought back to what Indigo said earlier. She couldn't help wonder how firm their plans to go out were.

Liz looked at her. Lena was truly gorgeous, with an almost angelic face. It was sexy enough that it could never be truly angelic. She thought about Pam, the other woman. She wasn't even close to being in Lena's class, but she had something that Lena couldn't. Liz had never been with Pam. The feeling of conquest would never be there again with Lena.