Time Differences Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course," I said, "let's walk." She fell into company with me, then after a dozen paces, she looked at me and took a deep breath.

"I know what Augusta and Sarah and Jemima have done with you," she began, then paused.

I shrugged. "I hope that you don't disapprove too much," I said.

"I do not know what I think, Mr Evans," she replied. "Once, they would have been shamed and cut off forever from polite company. But where is polite company here? It seems that what they have done is become the way of things."

"There's no society to crush them, no. They've chosen to adapt."

"If you say so. But I wanted to say ... I do not share their impulse, Mr Evans. If you feel an entitlement toward me..."

"Good grief," I said. "No, I don't feel entitled to have you as well. Why do all you well-brought-up girls think that I'm some kind of woman-eating monster? Frankly, if I need comfort or sex, I've got three sweet girls who've offered freely -- I'm not going to jump you to complete the set."

For a split second, she looked stunned, but then she relaxed visibly, and squeezed out an odd giggle. "Thank you, Mr Evans. I confess that I have no understanding of all these matters... I hope that you can forgive me."

"Of course," I said.

There was a pause, then she carried on speaking, apparently feeling unable to leave things there. "I do hope that you are not insulted," she said, "but, well, when Augusta described what she had done with you -- I felt no interest..."

"Not a problem," I said. "Some people just have less interest in these things than others."

She laughed uncertainly. "The foolish thing is, Mr Evans, that I was once considered the most ... silly in our class. The most given to daydreams and reading novels. I even had a sweetheart, although we had never kissed..."

I looked at her. "That's not really the same as what the other three have done with me," I said. "Tastes differ, in all sorts of ways."

"And yet, I do not wish to be thought cold, Mr Evans. I find that I am simply... uninterested."

I stopped walking, turned, and patted her on the shoulder. "You can make up your mind in your own time what you might like," I said. "And don't let any of the others bully you -- not either way. Augusta persuaded the other two to try what she'd enjoyed, but I hope that she didn't make them do anything -- and I hope that Clarissa won't make anyone feel that what they're doing is wrong, either."

Georgiana took a deep breath, then carried on walking. "Now you sound like the sort of novel of which my mother would have thoroughly disapproved, Mr Evans. But thank you again. I will think on these matters."

"Just don't worry yourself about them," I said, "we've got enough else to deal with here."

I left her pacing around and about the building. Whatever she wanted or needed, she'd have to work out her own way there for now -- though I made a mental note to suggest to the other girls that they talk to her a bit, and not about sex unless she asked about it.

Meanwhile, I did head up towards the menagerie. I needed to forget the weird situation for a while, and get away from those seven confused and worried women -- however much I'd enjoyed helping some of them resolve some of their confusions.

But the confusions would catch up with me in full force, later that day.