Time for Truth Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know we will meet and talk about everything tomorrow. I also know you have every reason to hate us, but Michael is a good man. He made a stupid decision based on lies he was fed. Isaac manipulated..." she stopped. She had said too much. She knew Nina would retort now and was surprised when the other woman said nothing.

"He loves you Brandy, and you love him." Nina explained. You had only been mated a short time when he became Alpha. So at no time, did I ever blame you. I was just glad he let me leave, because he had grounds to have me killed and didn't. I promise to listen, OK."

Brandy hugged her once more. "You are so strong, Nina. So brave, not many would have survived. I am honored to finally get to see you again." Then Brandy returned to her chambers.

She lay on bed and waited for Michael to return. Soon she would go in heat, and maybe this time, maybe they would finally be blessed with a child of their own. She knew Michael wanted a son, but he believed that the reason they had no pups was his fault. He failed as alpha and the fates refused to grant them a child. Now that Nina was home, and soon her children would visit, maybe they would be blessed a little one this year.

********

Grandma and Grandpa had gone to California to see Grandma's former pack. Marisol was excited for Grandma, because she knew she really missed her family. She was also excited because she would start school Monday. In five months she would be graduating, and going to LSU.

She smiled, as she thought about the school and seeing her friends in the Gaines pack again. Marisol would miss her few friends she had here as well, but Timothy was in Louisiana and she looked forward to seeing him again. "Mari, what are you thinking about?" Rosita asked as she joined her sister for breakfast early Saturday morning.

"I'm thinking about when I can go to college, squirt. It's going to be so great." She mused. Rosita's face fell. But she plastered on a smile before Marisol noticed.

"Well, you have to finish school here first. I can't believe you want to leave us so badly." She joked, but Marisol heard the undertone in her voice. It was then she looked closely at her little sister. She realized that she was really sad.

"Rosita, I love you. All of you, but this is a chance for me to try something new." Marisol explained. "I will always be there for you. You know that right."

Rosita smiled and hugged her big sister. Soon their younger sisters joined them, and Marisol made a quick breakfast for them. Javier came rushing down at some point, and he was headed out. Theo stayed at the Alpha's home and he was meeting with him to work on a project they had started. Javier quickly hugged all four of his sisters and dashed out of the door.

Eventually, Mama and Papa got up and made coffee. Marisol could see that Papa was worried, and it made her nervous. BJ knew his daughter, and her tendency to worry. He hugged her and told her he was fine. Then he asked her to help with the little ones today because they needed all hands on deck. Marisol agreed immediately. "Oh, and Mari, I know you are hiding something. If you can't talk to me, then talk to Mama. OK." BJ whispered in her ear as he hugged her.

She returned his hug, "Yes, Papa." She answered, wondering How did he know? It didn't surprise her. Since she was small and he found her, Papa knew her. He was spooky sometimes, because it seemed as if he could read her mind. He was always aware of what she was thinking and feeling. He was overprotective to a fault, but she loved him. When she was younger, she would often talk to him and Mama about the dream, but she was almost grown now. She needed to deal with this on her own. She knew it wasn't a dream, just a memory. She also knew that it reoccurred whenever change happened in her life. Benny leaving probably triggered it.

But last night was different. Why was Zeke in her dream? In the dream, he protected her. He smiled at her and something melted inside of her. His eyes were brilliant and his smile the sweetest thing she'd ever seen. When he whispered to her, her heart raced. Then the dream ended. It was strange because Zeke did not like her and he often made his dislike of her obvious. Something about him was different on her most recent visit. He teased her at first and then ignored her for the rest of the week. "Mari we're done." Heaven called out. Marisol smiled and gathered their dishes. The girls went to their room and she went to wash the dishes as she thought about her visit to Wildwood the week before. As Marisol cleaned the kitchen, she thought about the beta in her grandfather's pack. He was a jerk, and last night her dream meant nothing. It was probably her brain telling her she didn't have to deal with him for a while.

"Mari, Mari, can you take us to Aunt Kyra's?" the twin's rushed in just as she put up the last dish and asked. Marisol smiled, she had not visited Aunt Kyra in a while so she'd love to take, them. "Mama, Papa, I'm walking the girls to Aunt Kyra's." she called out. And soon, she and her siblings headed out. Marisol arrived at her Aunt's and the two took time to talk. Kyra knew she was hiding something, and being the youngest Aunt, she related more to her niece.

"Ok, Marisol, spill." She demanded once the twins and her nieces headed out.

"Aunt Kyra, promise not to say anything to Papa. OK." Marisol pleaded. She loved talking with her Aunt. She could talk to Mama, but Aunt Kyra was easier because she never tried to fix it. She just listened.

"It depends, but I will try." She promised, "OK."

"Ok, I met a boy in Shreveport. His name is Timothy and he seemed really nice. He's so cute. He's human. We exchanged numbers and I talked to him last night. I really like him, but..." Marisol looked away.

"But what Marisol?" Kyra asked.

"I had the dream again before I went to Wildwood. Aunt Kyra, I hate that dream. It's scary, and I never felt so scared. I hate that dream. I know it' because Benny was leaving, but I had it again last night. The thing is last night's dream was different." Marisol exhaled.

Kyra waited, as she waited she mentally checked on her daughters and her nieces. They were fine. "At Wildwood, there's this guy. Zeke Abraham. He hates me. I don't know why. Anyway, when I got there he gave me a hard time and then Uncle Levin dealt with him. After that he never said anything else to me. The thing is I think about him and I get these feelings. Last night, I had the dream again and Zeke was in it. He stopped the man and smiled at me. Kyra, I felt something for him." Marisol groaned, frustrated. "The guy can't stand me, so why is he invading my dreams."

"Marisol, tell me about this guy. What is he like?" Kyra probed.

"Zeke Abraham is a jerk. Whenever I visit Grandma, he always does stuff to me. This time, he came to my room to mess with me. Why, I don't know. He doesn't like me. As handsome as he is he can have any woman he wants, and from what I have heard, he has." Marisol growled. Kyra noticed. She realized her niece had feeling for this man. She was young, but she suspected that this guy, Zeke, would become an important factor in the future.

"I mean, how many women does one man need?" Marisol griped. She continued on about Zeke and his womanizing ways. Kyra smiled, her niece had met her mate, but she had no idea. Soon Marisol had talked everything out and took a breath. Kyra took a breath and asked, "So, are you going to call Timothy later?"

Marisol laughed, "No, he has a thing with his family. So he'll call tonight. I might call Venus and Harriet though." She explained. Yea, I can call my friends and see what's happening today. she thought.

Kyra laughed, "Yes and maybe they can spy on Zeke for you." She teased.

Marisol squealed, "Ug, Zeke, Nope, don't even go there." Tossing a pillow at her aunt. Kyra laughed.

The two women talked and soon the girls napped. Kyra froze and Marisol knew something was happening with Grandma. Malcolm came home and immediately took Kyra in his arms as she began to cry uncontrollably. Marisol, something is happening, Papa is upset. Rosita sent to her sister. "Uncle Malcolm, Papa, I need to get...,"she told her Uncle.

"Go. Marisol, the twins can stay here." Malcom suggested.

Marisol rushed home to find her mother holding her father trying to calm him down. "Mama, what?" she asked.

"Grandma is with her family and her emotions are affecting all three of her kids. They feel what she'd feeling. We have to keep them here, so help me calm your father." Julianne explained.

Marisol hugged her Papa. She hugged the only man that ever made her feel completely safe. She cried with him because she knew he wanted to go there. "Papa, please calm down. Please stay here with us. We need you here." Marisol pleaded. The sound of his little girl crying was enough to make him calm down. BJ cried as he held his mate and daughter close. At this point, Javier and Theo ran in, both boys were crying and confused. BJ slipped into Daddy and big brother mode. He comforted the boys. Eventually, Grandma Nina's emotions leveled out and she sent that she was fine. They had no need to worry.

Julianne held her husband, and Marisol realized her parents needed time alone. A few minutes later, Rosita rushed in and Marisol asked her to help her with Javier and Theo. Jasmin was at the Alpha home and Marisol wanted to check on her. She stayed with her brother and uncle and when they decided to nap, she headed to the Alpha home. On the way, she saw that Malcolm and Kyra were at Aunt Celia's the girls were with them, but maybe she needed to take the kids. In a pack, you filled in where you were needed. If today the pack needed someone to take the kids, then Marisol would gladly fulfill that role.

Javon and Elise called all of Nina's children to the Alpha home. Marisol met them there and Elsie asked her to sit with the young ones until an Omega arrived to get them. As soon as someone came, she needed to join her family. Eventually, everyone gathered in the family room. This was an emotional time for the pack and Javon needed everyone together. Thaddeus sent and told him they were fine, but he needed his family around him. Nina was more to him than his brother's mate. She was truly a sister to him. He leant his brother his strength. He feared that Nina might want to return to Thane. If she went home, he'd lose Thaddeus. Then Jasmine and Theo would go. What if the others followed? He didn't want to have to give up part of his pack. Love, stop worrying, Elise sent, giving him a mental hug.

Javon faced his family. These people were not just members of his pack. They were his family. "I know you can be there in a blink, but I'm asking you to let us arrange your visit. I will talk with Alpha Thane and concur with your schedules."

Celia wanted to argue, but she remembered her babies crying. So she agreed. Once Celia agreed to wait BJ and Kyra followed her lead. The entire group needed to be together, and after a while emotions calmed and everyone went home. Marisol reported to the dining hall with Rosita. As he was helping stet up for dinner, Timothy called. She told Rosita to cover her, and stepped out to talk to her friend. They talked for a while and Timothy told her he had a great time with his family. He was actually planning a trip to Texas with some friends. He wanted to hook up. Marisol was excited, and she told him to call her back with details. She had work to do so they hang up. Marisol set about her task. She laughed as Rosita and her friends dealt with some of the younger males that were trying to get their attention. Marisol laughed. She was truly content. Her family was healing and she had a new friend she was excited to see.

Zeke threw himself into his work. She was gone back to Texas. He knew boys noticed her, and had to fight to keep his wits about him. He closed his eyes and pictured her smiling face. His heart hurt. She was his. His wolf was furious, and his friends had no idea what was going on. It was time for dinner, but he wasn't hungry. He skipped it. Knox and the guys were going out, but he opted to stay in. Locking himself in his room, Zeke had to come to terms with the fact that his mate was hundreds of miles away.

We need to go to Loess Falls. She is ours Zeke. his wolf mourned.

I know, my wolf. I miss her too. She is not ready for us and I'm sure she hates us. We have time. We can win her favor and one day we will join with her. Zeke spoke softly to his wolf to calm him.

********

Alpha Thane sat in his office the next morning. Today he would meet with Nina and explain. There was so much that he needed to account for, but he wanted her forgiveness most of all. Brandy joined her husband and assured him once again that it would be alright.

"Michael, love, when will Nina and Thaddeus be here?" she asked.

"We meet at ten. I came down early. I want you here with me."} Michael explained as he pulled her into his lap. Brandy smiled and held him close. "Of course Michael. I'm here, but first I need breakfast." She exclaimed.

Michael laughed, "Me too. Do you want to call an order in or eat with the pack this morning?" he asked. He could easily send for and omega to bring them breakfast.

"No, let's go to the dining hall. We need to be a part of the pack, especially now." Brandy explained. Michael agreed and thanked Luna for her. She kept him grounded. He thought of last night, and how thoroughly his wife cared for him. Cool it big boy. If you're nice, I might reward you later. Brandy chuckled.

I'll hold you to that, dear, Michael sent with a big mental kiss. Soon they entered the dining hall and Nina and her mate were sitting with her family. Benny, Ares, and the other boys had class, so they would be back later in the day. Michael chuckled, it seemed that several of the young females in his pack were enamored with the young men from the southeast. The Alpha pair walked over and greeted their guest.

"Good morning, I hope everyone rested well?" Michael asked. Thaddeus and Nina assured him that they were more than comfortable. Michael and Brandy stayed a few more minutes, but they knew that the family really wanted to be left alone. So they bid everyone good morning and reminded everyone about the meeting. They went to their table and ate. Brandy noticed that Michael seemed a bit put out by the brief encounter. She knew that most of the pack were somewhat reserved around her spouse. He was not outgoing, and his personality was always serious. She grabbed his hand beneath the table and squeezed. I'm here love. I will always be here. Brandy sent and Michael squeezed her hand in reply.

The Omegas brought food and coffee, but Brandy didn't have much of an appetite. Michael was concerned. "Love, are you alright? " He asked searching their bond for anything out of place.

"I'm fine. Just a bit off. I'll see a healer after the meeting, OK." Brandy assured him.

"I'll call Chase now." Michael declared. Chase something is wrong with the Alpha Madam. Meet us at our chambers. he sent.

Yes Alpha. Chase replied. He then made excuses to his friends and reported to the Alpha homes. Michael and Brandy left the dining hall normally because they did not want to cause a scene. However, Clarence noticed. Something was wrong with the Alphas. He called several betas and ordered then to maintain order. He went to the Alpha home just as the healer arrived.

"Alpha Michael, are you ill? Is Alpha Madam ill?" Clarence asked. Michael trusted very few people. He counted himself as one of the few that he did. If something was going on, he wanted his friend to know that he was there.

"Madam Brandy is not feeling well. I just want to make sure she is fine. Go ahead and set up the conference room for the meeting for me." Michael paused and looked at his friend. "Clarence, thank you. I now I don't say it enough. I really appreciate you just being here." Clarence smiled at his friend, and rushed off to do his bidding.

The healer reported to the Alpha's private chamber and examined Brandy, he found nothing wrong, but took some blood work for testing. Brandy was due to come into season soon, and he explained that some women felt fatigue right before. Relieved that Brandy was not in danger, Michael thanked the healer and dismissed him. As soon as he left, he pulled her close. "I can't lose you, girl. I won't survive it." He whispered.

Brandy held him and whispered, "I'm not going anywhere."

Ten o'clock came quickly, and the Alpha pair were awaiting the arrival of their guest. Soon Thaddeus and Nina came to the conference room where they were joined by Miriam, Jebediah, and Hannah. This conversation was long overdue, so Michael invited he key members of the Daniel's family to join them. Michael was no longer nervous, just tired. He needed to do this. Today was the day all cards were placed on the table.

"Good morning, welcome. Please everyone, come in and sit. Nina, Thaddeus, I've called Javon and Elise and asked then to join us in this meeting by teleconference. Your children will be with him. I want to thank you for giving me a chance to explain, and I hope that at the end, we can once again renew our friendship. Before we begin, does anyone need anything to drink?" Michael asked.

No one wanted anything, so Michael started the meeting. He called Javon, and Nina smiled when her current Alpha appeared on screen. She saw that everyone in her family was in his offices, her children and their spouses. Jebediah was amazed at how much BJ looked like Benson, Celia was simply beautiful as was Kyra. Hanna and Miriam cried and made their grandbabies promise to come visit. Soon, the teas stopped and Michael had to explain.

"Nina, I am sorry. I apologize to you, and your children. I made a bad call, and nothing can change that. I want to explain what influenced me. It won't excuse my actions, but maybe you will understand.

He faced the monitor. "Celia, BJ, and Kyra, you have every right to despise me, and I thank you for being willing to just listen." Michael faced his guest and the monitor. Then he told the tail of a young alpha, and the undue influence of an older sibling, and a decision that was always regretted.

"Nina, Isaac was my oldest brother. He was supposed to become Alpha, but Dad changed his mind and made me Alpha instead. When he passed, to keep Isaac from leading a revolt, I named him head beta. I never thought he'd betray me the way that he did. I was not unaware of his proclivity towards cruelty. I knew he had issues, but I didn't, no, I could not believe he would hurt another Were. As you know, I considered myself close to my brother. I never thought he'd mislead me. And for the first fifteen years of my rule, he was my main supporter." Michael exhaled.

He recalled his brother's brand of humor was always slightly off color. However, he grew darker the day he met the love of his life. Brandy feared his brother and although she never spoke vile of him, she avoided situations where he attended. Michael asked her why she never attended gatherings with his family, and she told him that Isaac made her nervous. He talked to Isaac, and he accused his mate of being a troublemaker. He said she was trying to come between them. Michael held Brandy's hand tightly, "Then I met Brandy. She didn't like him. He said she was jealous of our bond, and needing to trust my brother, I believed him. No one raised a complaint against him. No one ever said he mistreated them. The few times an issue would be raised, he had supporters that gave him their full support." Michael exhaled.

Everyone was silent. Brandy wanted to hold him and tell him he could stop. But she knew he needed to finish. Michael looked at Brandy and drew strength from her. "I remember your mating ceremony. It was the sweetest joining and everyone was so happy for you. I gave you my blessing and my mate and I went home. It was then that Isaac decided to target you. For the first decade, he just watched. When Benson asked to change status, and I granted it. He came into Isaac's radar. Benson was a hard worker, and easily moved from Omega to theta. Isaac had no problem with him being Theta, but he was jealous. Too many wolves respected both you and your mate. He felt slighted because no one really respected him. I was considering making Benson a lower-level Beta and that was when Isaac targeted him. I knew he was testing him, but I had no idea how cruel his taunts had become. My brother intimidated my pack. Everyone feared him. He convinced them that I would agree with whatever penalty he ordered. He was right. For years I trusted him. The night Benson died devastated me. Clarence came and got me and I rushed to the stones. All I saw was my brother in a duel and Benson down, and then I saw you in the center, and Isaac declared that you interfered. I questioned you and you refused to answer. So I ordered you to come to my home." Michael fought back the tears. He refused to cry in front of these wolves. He was a man and a man had to be strong, tough.