Time for Truth Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Both of the young men sat, and neither spoke. Clarence took a deep breath. "Gentlemen, we can sit here all day. I have nothing else to do, or you can tell me what precipitated the altercation between the two of you." Benny looked away. He gave Saphirra his word. He would not break the promise he made to her.

"Sir, I asked Saphirra out. But I should not have, especially after our misunderstanding..." he stopped.

"After what misunderstanding Bruce?" Clarence prompted.

Benny had heard enough, Promise or no promise, he was not about to sit here and let Bruce lie about what he had done. "He has been harassing her. I told her I wouldn't say anything, but I can't keep quiet and let him get away with this. The other night, he and his friends harassed us. He called her awful names, and I warned him, sir. I told him to leave her alone or else. Now he has the nerve to ask her to go out with him. After the way he treated her, Hell No." Benny stated furiously.

Clarence repositioned his body between the two males and called for a couple of wolves to join them.

"Bruce, is Benson telling the truth?" he asked.

Bruce was terrified. After he saw Benny snap at the courts, he wasn't about to risk him coming after him again. So he nodded, "Yes but the thing is I like her. She is absolutely perfect. I only treated her like that because she was with him. He's not from here. What gives him the right to come here and take our women?" Bruce demanded ready to fight.

Benny was ready as well. All he had to do was move a fraction of an inch. Betas or no betas, Bruce would be taught a lesson tonight. The two males that Clarence called separated the two young men.

"Enough, both if you sit." Clarence demanded.

"Bruce, if you treated this girl so horribly, do you think she'll go anywhere with you? Think about it, if someone treated Naomi that way, what would you do?" Clarence asked,

Bruce stepped back. He thought of how he'd treated Saphirra and knew that if he heard of any guy speaking to his sister that way he'd hurt them. He dropped his head. Shamed and furious at himself for his foolish actions overwhelmed him.

Everyone was silent. "Benny, I apologize again. I know she'll never even look at me, and now that she has you I don't stand a chance. But in all honesty, she's the only girl that I've ever really wanted. I know that right now, she's with you, so I'll leave her alone. I'll show her that I am not the creep she thinks I am, and maybe one day, I'll stand a chance with her." Bruce extended his hand, "You are one lucky wolf. She deserves to be happy." He faced Clarence, "Sir, can I go. I need to be alone for a while."

Clarence nodded, but told him. "Bruce as soon as Alpha Michael has time, we need to meet with him. We need to address this issue. OK, son."

Bruce's shoulders slumped. The alpha would be told of this, and he was sure he'd know even more because Saphirra would have to tell the truth. He sighed and answered, "Yes sir." And then he left. Clarence had two of his betas shadow him just in case he decided to bother someone else.

Alpha Michael, we have an issue. You need to address it as soon as you can. Clarence sent.

Michael replied. Ok, I'll be in my office later.

Clarence then faced Benny, "Is Saphirra your mate?"

Benny couldn't say no, but he also could not say yes. "Honestly, Clarence, I have no idea. But I do know that I won't let anyone else cause her pain." Clarence nodded, accepting his response. Benny left and joined Saphirra at the court. Mona smiled and left the young couple alone. She asked what happened and he told her things were fine. Soon their friends and family returned.

*****

Javier, Theo, and Jonathon were ensconced in Jonathan's bedroom at the Ivanov home. Javier was quiet, too quiet. Theo, what's wrong with Javier? Jonathan sent his friend.

I don't know. He won't talk about it. Theo explained. The boys were excited about staying over. They often slept at each other's house, but this time their parents told them they would have one and it was for three days.

"Javier, what's wrong? Maybe we can help." Jonathan suggested. Javier loved his uncle and his friend. In a few months he'd be fifteen and hanging out with his younger cousins wouldn't be so cool. He didn't care though; he'd always count these two boys as his best friends. Just last month, they helped him build a fort in the forest near their compound that was impenetrable. Whenever he had an idea, these two guys were tight with him.

"Yea, when will Uncle Gernick come home I need to ask him something?" Javier stated. Theo and Jonathan shared a look, "Um, he usually comes in after five. We can ask Momma." Jonathan suggested.

The three boys took off in search of Nickie. They found her in the family room talking with Amie. Amie lit up when the boys came in. She loved when other kids stayed over. She would often stay at Aunt Shari's with Ava. Sometimes they would convince her to let them stay at the compound with Kyra and her girls. All of the girls were around the same age, and were so attached to each other. Aunt Cantar actually invited Amerie to visit but she didn't want to go unless Ava and her wolf friends could come. Her cousin, Christiana, rarely visited them. Uncle Corliss worked and didn't take a lot of time off. So he and Aunt Cantar would only bring Christiana with them when they would visit.

"Hey, boys. What are you doing?" Nickie addressed her son and his best friends.

"Hey, Aunt Nickie, Javier wants to know when will Uncle Gernick get home?" Theo asked.

Nickie faced her young guest, "He'll be home a little after five. Javier maybe I can help." She suggested.

"OK, Aunt Nickie, do you have any books on dreams?" he asked. Nickie smiled. Javier was a great kid. He loved his family and was always trying to fix things. She and Nina had talked earlier and she was aware the Marisol had the nightmare again. Sadly, nothing could stop it. They had researched it.

"Come on, Gernick has several books that you might find interesting." She explained and all four children followed her into the library. She found a set of books about dreams and their meanings. Javier was fascinated. Surely something in these books would help him find a way to help his sister. He sat down and began reading. Theo and Jonathan sat with him. Realizing his friends were bored, but wouldn't leave his side, Javier smiled and told them to go find something they wanted to do. The younger males ran off and Javier settled in to do some research

Soon Gernick came home and Amie informed him that the boys had arrived., and she wasn't happy because they wouldn't let her join them. He laughed, "Well beautiful this evening I spoke with your Uncle Garrick and guess whose expecting you for a sleepover?" Amie squealed. She loved staying over at Aunt Shari's. Ava was a little older than her, but they had the best times. Within seconds, Nickie had her overnight bag ready and Gernick vanished with his daughter to his brother's home. Shari greeted them and the two girls squealed in glee and vanished to Ava's room.

"How is BJ doing? I know this has to be hard on all of them." Garrick stated. Everyone was aware if the chaos taking place in the compound in Texas.

"It's hard, but I can't really take sides here. I hate that because both are good men. Both love those kids. I hope they can reach a compromise before the children get back." Gernick concluded.

Shari entered, "BJ and Julianne will do what's best for their children. I don't know this other man, but from what I've heard, his main concern is the children also. May I suggest something?" she asked.

Both men faced her and she sat. "Eugenia can relate to both sides of this. Can she talk to them. It can't hurt and it might give them some clarity." Garrick nodded.

Gernick smiled, "Shari, you are wise as well as beautiful. My brother is a lucky man." Gernick added hugging his sister-in-law. Not to be outdone, Garrick made short work of rescuing his wife from his brother's arms.

Gernick called Eugenia. He knew that if the pack needed them, they would help in any way that he could. Samaria was still working with Cantar and Krill was still on the council. Eugenia helped out by keeping her grandchildren, but he knew Krill and Samaria would gladly let her come to the compound. She would often visit Ma and Pa at Loess, so asking her to pop in would not be a problem at all. It just depended on Javon. If he didn't want many people involved, then they would not involve her.

Eugenia answered and was more than willing to help. Gernick then called Javon and shared their idea. Javon knew that BJ respected their vampire family, but how would Geraldo react. Then he thought of the children. He had to do what was best for everyone involved. He asked Gernick if he could have her in his office the next morning. He'd make sure Jules, BJ, and Cortez were there.

Gernick returned home to find his son and nephew engaged in a video game. Javier was nowhere in sight. He asked about the teenager and was told he was in the library. Gernick traveled to the library to join his guest.

Javier was surrounded by books on dreams. Gernick smiled, he knew what the young pup was doing, and he'd help him as much as he could.

*****

After talking with Garrick and Gernick, Javon hang up and Elise wanted to know what happened. Javon took a few minutes and explained Shari's suggestion. Elise smiled,Thank Luna for placing such wonderful people in our family. She smiled and hugged her mate thinking, I am the luckiest bitch alive. I don't deserve a man as wonderful as this. She was a silly girl to think brawn was better than brains. She was so glad she came to her senses. The two walked to Geraldo's room and explained that a special person was coming to speak with him. They asked that he join them in Javon's office. Geraldo agreed.

Next he sent a message telling BJ and Jules to join them in his office early the next morning. Javon took a deep breath, If anyone could help thee three people, their friend could. As he dressed for bed, Krill called. He had talked with his mother and she told him about the meeting. Krill wanted to sit with her. Javon smiled and agreed. He called Krill wolf parents and asked them to sit in.

He prayed to Luna that this would at least start a dialogue between the two factions. Morning dawned, and everyone had breakfast, The twins went over Kyra's and BJ and Julianne reported to the alphas office. As soon as they walked in they noticed the Krill and Ms. Eugenia was there as well as Krill's wolf parents. Julianne felt like something great was about to happen.

Geraldo walked in with the alpha and BJ tensed. Javon had everyone to sit and then explained why he asked them to come.

"BJ, Geraldo, we need to talk. You know we allowed the children a break to keep this thing under wraps, but my main concern is the two of you. You two have to come to an agreement." Javon explained.

Julianne sat and started to speak, but Eugenia touched her arm. "Let him finish." She whispered.

"Julianne, this affects you as well, but you seem to be handling it much better than the men. They need to reach an agreement if they don't want the children hurt." Javon explained,

Geraldo exploded, "Hurt my children. How? You have not allowed me to even see them, even when my Marisol was terrified, I could not reached out to her because I gave you my word. It killed me to feel her fear and..." Jules spoke.

"You felt her pain. You knew?" she asked.

"Yes, and my son," BJ bristled. "BJ, I mean no disrespect but he is my son." He explained.

"Enough, both of you." Javon ordered, "I asked Eugenia to come and talk with you. She has experienced this herself and maybe she can help."

Eugenia stood, she sat in front of both men. Bea moved and sat beside her. She knew this story well and it was not an easy one to tell. Krill sat beside his father. He needed to be here, for both of his Moms. Eugenia looked at the men, but did not address them first. She and Bea turned to Julianne. "Julianne, this is harder on you than anyone. No one knows the pain a mother suffers for her children. You, my dear , are not alone. Even though at times it may feel that way. No matter what happens, you are their mother. You are the only mother they have. No one can take that away. "

For the first time, in front of BJ, the alphas, and everyone, she broke. Jules cried, a cry so mournful, so sad that BJ knew he had to get to her. He had to be strong for her. Moving swiftly, he lifted his mate in his arms and wept with her. At that moment the phone rang. Javon answered. It was Margaret. She wanted to know what was happening to her daughter. Javon tried to explain but was overcome with emotions. Margaret heard enough. She hang up the phone and called Lakota. She needed to get to Texas. He agreed and arrangements were made immediately. Within the hour, Lakota, Margaret, and Zeke were headed to Loess Falls.

BJ held Julianne close. So close that their hearts beat as one. When she calmed, they faced their friends once more. Geraldo felt guilt for hurting this beautiful woman, and maybe one day he could earn forgiveness, but right now he had to do what was best for his children. "Baby, it will be ok. I promise." He whispered. Jules smiled and told him she was fine.

Eugenia took a deep breath and spoke, "Now we must deal with the fathers. You both love those children, so you will do what's best for them. But you two need to develop some sort of relationship, or your animosity towards each other will tear them apart.

"Ms Eugenia, I don't hate-" BJ insisted as did Geraldo.

Geraldo hissed, "Ma'am. I have no ill feeling towards-" she stopped them. Julianne and the alpha pair remained silent and listened.

"BJ, you are familiar with my story. Krill was three when the vampires kidnapped me. His wolf family found him and raised him. When he found me, I wanted to hate them. They raise my son as a wolf, and he was vampire. But I could not because they saved my child's life. I feared he'd love Bea, more than me. I resented her, and at one point Krill felt he had to choose. I saw how much that hurt him, so I talked to Bea." Eugenia stopped. She turned to her friend..

Bea picked up the story. "I feared he'd hate me because I wasn't the woman that birthed him. He had to learn so much on his own because I knew nothing of being a vampire. Eugenia would look at me some days and I felt her censure, but one day she came to me and we cried together. We had to learn that Krill was both of ours. It was then that we realized that we were both his mothers, and when he and his brothers came home. We spoke to him." Bea explained.

At this point Krill spoke, "I had two Moms and I could not choose one over the other. It ripped me apart thinking I had to. So when they came to me and said they were both my mother, I felt free and happy. I am the luckiest man alive because of this great family. My moms and my pa are my world, and I'd do anything for them. BJ, he is not a threat. Geraldo, BJ is not trying to make you disappear. But for those three children you need to find a way to coexist. My Moms did, and believe me those kids will love all of you the more for it." Krill concluded.

Krill's father didn't speak right away. He sat for a moment watching Julianne, because he understood exactly how she felt. He too felt forgotten. So the big burly man stood and pulled Jules into a tight hug. Much to BJs dismay. Then he kissed her hair, and Jules returned his hug.

Geraldo was floored. These people understood. They knew of the pain he suffered. They worked through it and their son was there as a testament to that fact. He closed his eyes,. He hated hurting Julianne, and as of now, he'd do everything he could to ease her suffering.

He faced her as Krill's father embraced her. "Julianne, I would never try to take the children from you or BJ. You are their parents. I just want to be in their lives in any capacity that I can." he explained. BJ sighed, and he knew, he had to accept this man. They were family, and like it or not. His children had two fathers. Geraldo faced Eugenia, Bea, Krill, and his father. "Thank you for sharing your story with me. It has really opened my eyes." He added.

Eugenia hugged him and whispered, "It will work out. You'll see."

Soon, Krill and his family had to go. They left he Daniels and the alphas to talk some more. "They are my babies. I don't want them hurt. I don't want to lose them. Geraldo, you can take them and BJ and I cannot stop you. Biologically they are yours, but in here, she added pointing to her heart, they are ours." Julianne explained to the males in the room.

BJ wrapped his arms around his mate. He had to tell him what he found fourteen years ago. "Geraldo, we listened to your story, please listen to ours." He asked.

BJ closed his eyes as he recalled the horrible memory from over a decade ago. It was s sight that he'd never forget. "I was on patrol when we got a call about a shooting in an apartment complex. My partner and I rushed to the scene. The stench of blood was so strong when we entered that small apartment. We found Angel on the floor, severely beaten and shot. She was gone. Then I heard a whimper and found the children, cowering behind the sofa. Each child had been shot, and the oldest one lay across the youngest two trying to protect them.

Marisol held her baby brother and sister beneath her, even though she was hurt herself. Because they were so young, each carried their mother's scent, and I knew they were pups. I tried to talk to her, but she was in so much pain. Barely four years old, and she'd survived what would have crushed a full grown wolf. The ambulance came and I had to go with them. They were so small, so frightened.

The three kids were rushed to surgery and honestly, we didn't think they would survive. They did and grew stronger each day." He smiled, his pride for his children shining through.

"They did, and they became our children. I stayed with Marisol every night, because I was the only person she trusted until she met Jules. Each night, we held her as she relived those final moment. Her scream rip us apart, even now. I wish we could take away the memory but ..." BJ stopped.

Then Julianne squeezed his arm, strengthening him, and he continued, "The other two were too young to remember much, just that a man hurt them. Social workers came and I refused to let them go, so Alpha Javon found a judge that let us keep them. Every night, for the first year, Marisol awoke screaming. She rarely spoke and I swore to her I would defend and protect them with all that I have in me. They are my children, Geraldo, and I will not stand here and let anyone take them from me."

Geraldo was stunned. He knew Angel was murdered, but to learn that his children witnessed the crime and were shot by the madman was too much. Pain, disgust, and anger warred through his body. He hated the monster that did this to his family, the madman that ended his Angel's life so abruptly. His body quaked, and Javon knew he could take no more. Suddenly he grabbed a chair and screamed, flinging the offending piece across the room. "This is my fault. Had I been a better father, I would have been there to protect them. Why did I not listen to my Angel," he sobbed. "She begged me not to go that night. But they were hungry and needed food. I failed her, and I failed my children." He sobbed. Geraldo then collapsed to his knees, a broken man, a hurt man, but he wasn't alone for BJ went down with him. He knew exactly how this man felt. He could not let him continue to blame himself for what others had done.

In that moment, as he watched this man grieve, he accepted him. Geraldo was his kids' father, and he needed them as much or more than they needed him. Something broke inside BJ. "It's OK, Geraldo. You're here now. We will work this out." BJ soothed the fallen man. Geraldo sobbed unable to hear the words of the man he wanted to see as his enemy. He tried to shove him away, but BJ wasn't letting go. He swore to his children that he'd keep them safe, and provide for them. He had to keep his promise. He had to help the broken man that kneeled beside him reunite with his family. As much as part of him hated it, to help his children, he had to help their father.