To Love a Stray Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,330 Followers

Edwin strolls over and when I hiss at him, Mitchell appears from where he was and Edwin moves away. Mitchell lays down in the shade not far away and I notice he is soon joined by one of the other two she-kitts.

After a while I get up and walk around the clearing investigating all the faint little rustles and noises I can hear. Conner follows me and watches as I catch mice and rats to eat as well as another rabbit. When I go to eat the rabbit he comes forward with a whine and I allow him to eat half the rabbit before I take the rest away from him with a growl. He rewards me with an attempt to groom my shoulder but I move away intent on hunting more food. I stop at the sight of two cats under a large tree. The smaller she-kitt is rubbing affectionately against the larger tom's shoulder and I am startled when she moves in front of him to lie on her stomach and lift her tail, inviting him to mount her. I shy away as I recognise them as Sam and Lotty – I definitely don't intend to watch.

Conner nudges my shoulder and I let him lead me to where there are no other cats and plenty of noise in the undergrowth. He watches me hunting and soon is catching his own titbits. We share several rabbits he runs down and I start to head back to the other cats. Sam and Lotty are there when we return and Edwin comes over to sniff me only to be driven away by Conner before either Sam or Mitchell can react. Sam gets to his feet and both he and Conner call, waking the others or getting them to their feet before trotting off in the direction we arrived from.

Mitchell falls into step beside me and I notice him sniffing me several times before settling down to trot along with me. Lotty sneaks forward to trot shoulder to shoulder with Sam and she throws me several nervous glances before working out I am not about to attack her. When we reach the compound I gather my clothing carefully in my mouth only to find that the door of the guesthouse is not one I can open in cat form. I drop my clothing and tackle the handle with my teeth trying to get a purchase on it to turn the knob, and I am ready to screech in frustration when human style feet come into view.

"Move, Miss Spotty One," Mitchell orders and I release the doorknob and move over so he can open the door for me. He picks up my clothes and easily rolls them into a manageable wad for me to take in my mouth. I trot inside and go straight to the

bedroom where my belongings are before changing back and reaching for my clothes.

When I come out of the room the main big room seems filled with people as the toms and she-kitts find places to sit around. I make my way to where Mitchell is sitting not far from Sam, Chris and Timny, and I slip between my brothers to sit on the mattresses piled one on top of the other to create a seat.

"Got room for a couple more," Conner asks as he and Kell come over to where we are.

"Sure, pull up a piece of floor," Sam invites.

Conner immediately sits on the floor beside my legs and Chris sends him a frown but does nothing about it. Kell sits on the other side of my legs and I glance at Sam slightly alarmed with sudden understanding. I feel Mitchell give my shoulder a reassuring squeeze and look up when Edwin wanders over with an annoyed look on his face as he takes in Conner and Kell.

"Aren't I welcome with my old team any more," Edwin asks pointedly. "Lotty has fallen out of favour has she Sam?"

Sam glances across the room where Lotty is sitting between a couple of toms. She darts a glance our way and immediately looks away and laughs as one of the toms says something quietly. Sam glances at me and I raise my eyebrows at him before glancing across at Lotty.

"It didn't look like Lotty had fallen out of favour earlier, did it Rosy," Conner says with a grin as I glance his way.

"Certainly didn't," I acknowledge.

"You don't mind," Sam asks me.

"As long as she makes you happy," I tell him and Sam smiles as he gets to his feet. He takes his plate and heads over to where Lotty is now surrounded by toms and leans against the arm of the lounge near her as he eats.

Edwin immediately seats himself where Sam was before either Conner or Kell can move. He places an arm behind me on the lounge and I bite back an annoyed remark. Conner moves over slightly and I only hesitate a moment before moving off the mattresses to sit on the floor between Conner and Kell.

I ignore the low growl from Edwin and return to eating my food. I listen to the conversation flowing in the group I sit with as well as others in the room. I notice that Lotty is sending plenty of flirtatious looks Sam's way, and I know I did the right thing.

We sit in a group even after our food is gone and I find myself laughing at the outrageous stories Conner and Kell are telling. I am surprised when Chris gets up and walks away from our group to sit not far from his sister and I gaze after him

worriedly. I feel Mitchell place a hand on my shoulder and I glance his way. He gives a slight shake of his head and I send one last glance after Chris but I realise I can do nothing.

It is nearly two hours later, just on dark, when Conner and Kell encourage me to go for a walk around the grounds with them. I glance at both my brothers but both of them are busy. Sam with Lotty and Mitchell talking to several toms I can tell are very high ranking. Chris and Timny are off talking with the group around Larnie, and Edwin has disappeared somewhere and I am pleased to note this.

"This is your first time at one of these meetings isn't it," Kell states rather than asks.

"Yeah," I acknowledge.

"Everyone was stoked when we heard that Sam and Mitchell had found they had a sister. You couldn't find a nicer pair of toms who deserve some good luck," Conner informs me.

"I'm happy they found me," I say quietly.

"That building has a lot of the visiting Alphas in it. There are some housed over there," Conner tells me pointing out the buildings as we walk beneath fragrant trees.

"Over there is a large hall where the meetings are held when us warriors have to be present. Sometimes we need a lot of room," Conner chuckles softly and I can't help joining in. I feel comfortable around both these toms. As we walk around they point out all the different buildings and tell me what they're for and while we sit on one of the big outdoor table sets, a tom comes over and calls Kell away.

"So do you like clan life," Conner asks quietly.

"It's ... different to what I'm used to," I offer with a shrug.

"I take it the human way of life is a lot different," Conner guesses and reaches out to stroke my hand where it clutches the wood we sit on. I am surprised it has taken him this long to touch me because at the Williamson compound the toms are always touching me in little ways - a hand on my waist or shoulder as they go past me, a quick squeeze of my hand if they stop beside me, and Steven and Micah are always moving close to me to put a hand on my shoulder or an arm around my shoulders.

"Actually it's very similar in a lot of ways, but then there are some little differences that are big differences," I say with a laugh.

"No changing," Conner guesses with a laugh and I join in.

"For one."

"Have you got anyone ... special in the toms in the Williamson clan," Conner asks quietly.

"I've been sleeping in Chris's bed quite often if that's what you mean," I say refusing to think about Micah and what occurred between us.

"I guessed that by his reactions," Conner admits quietly as he takes my hand. When I make no protest he slips from his perch and moves around in front of me. His kiss is light and I allow it without protest.

"Hmmm, nice," he murmurs before lowering his head for a second and more intense kiss.

I allow my lips to part beneath his and when his tongue slips between my lips to enter my mouth I can't help thinking how much nicer Micah's kisses are - hotter and more intensely physical. The realization pulls a response from deep within me. Even so I enjoy his kiss and when he lifts his head I allow my forehead to rest against his shoulder for a few moments before stepping away from him.

"Is there any hunting around here," I ask.

"We don't hunt when we're here or those that live here would quickly have no prey left locally," Conner explains.

I grimace but say nothing, as I prefer my food freshly killed. Even supermarket food is acceptable but hunting is the best.

"Hey Conner! Come and give me a hand with our sister," Timny's voice invades our quiet walk as we hold hands and Conner gives me an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, duty calls. It wouldn't hurt if you headed back too," he says before running back towards the buildings.

I stand beneath one of the fragrant trees and close my eyes as I breathe in deeply. I can't help thinking how much Harry would have liked this quiet and serene place. I miss him with a sharp pang and hang my head for a moment as I pray he is at peace where he is.

"What are you doing here by yourself? Clearly your brothers or clan members need to be reminded of their duties!" The deep masculine voice startles me and I open my eyes in alarm as I turn to face this stranger I had not noticed or heard approaching.

I hear his sharply inhaled breath as something about him in the dim light strikes a cord within me. I growl as I raise my head and survey him. There is no mistaking his strong resemblance to Sam and Mitchell and I move in a half circle around him on silent feet as he turns his head and watches me.

"Jeddah," the name is uttered whisper soft, and a low savage growl builds in my chest.

"Don't you dare say her name! You gave up that right when you did whatever it was that made her run away from you," I snarl in savage anger.

"I cried for her, for the daughter we lost. Because she was too busy being strong for me to cry for our daughter," he says once again and his voice sends shafts of some emotion I don't recognise through me.

"So you drove her away from her children," I snarl. "The ones that were alive!"

"If I did, then that is my cross to bear the day I face her again," he says quietly. "Your mother was a remarkable woman. If you ever want to hear about her ..."

"My father told me all I ever need to know about her," I break in savagely. "You're nothing to me! You hear! Nothing!"

"I'm glad you feel that way about Harry Caruthers. I only knew him for about a year around the time Sam was born, but Harry was one of the most honourable people I have had the good fortune to know, whether they are werecat or human. Little girls should worship the man who is their father. I'm glad you had a man worthy of you," he says quietly and I can hear the sincerity in his voice.

"You knew my Dad," I ask in shock.

"He worked as a mechanic in the town near where we lived for a while before he moved on. There were a lot of rumours about that time, about how he had fallen for a married woman ... no names were ever mentioned.

"I did meet him again about four years after your mother left me. He had the cutest little daughter with him and I remember how much I had envied him. You were hanging off his back and when we shook hands you threw something or other at me. I can't remember what it was but you told me 'keep away from my Daddy you smelly man you!'" He laughs softly at the memory and I dimly remember the incident. "You were a plucky little thing and you didn't lack in courage. I don't know how I didn't see your mother in you. You look so much like her, only Jeddah had dark colouring."

"I was only twelve when Harry died. He used to tell me all the time I looked like her but I thought it was just him saying that 'cause I didn't look like him," I say quietly. "I knew he wasn't my biological father but that didn't matter to either of us."

"No, you definitely look like Jeddah. Similar face and body shape but it's in the way you move. The way you lift your chin when you're scared—you were scared not angry when you first spoke just now," he tells me gently.

"Harry taught me that it's important when you meet people to introduce yourself so they know who you are," I say quietly. "Hallo. I'm Tawny Rosalind MacIntosh, daughter of Jeddah, the beautiful Miss Molly and chosen daughter of Harry Caruthers brother bruin, belonging to the spirit of the wind and forest."

The tall handsome man smiles and is silent for a moment before speaking, "Hallo. I am Ray Thorne MacIntosh, first chosen love of Jeddah Black, father of Samuel and Mitchell of the clan werecat. And that is an introduction in the tradition of our kind. Did Harry teach you that?"

"He taught me what to say, not of the importance," I answer slightly surprised. A small part of me wonders at the way he stressed 'first chosen' and had made no attempt to name me as one of his children. Surely he would have had to provide a DNA sample for the test to prove he was my biological father.

"As I said, he was a man of honour," Ray MacIntosh says.

"Here's a really weird question: what do I call you," I ask and see the surprise on his face despite the poor lighting.

"What would you like to call me," Ray asks.

"Father. I think Harry would say I should call you father."

"Sam and particularly Mitchell told me you were wild and prickly and warned me you'd probaly never acknowledge me," Ray tells me evenly.

I watch him for a few moments not sure what to say. By all accounts from Doc and the Williamson clan members, she-kitts are highly regarded members of a family, and yet Ray doesn't even name me as one of his children. It is not that the omission hurts me; just that I find it strange after the way both Mitchell and Sam had been eager to welcome me into their family.

"I guess they don't understand the importance of a Father or a Daddy in a girl's life," I say with a self-conscious laugh.

"I meant it you know - about Harry being an honourable man," Ray tells me.

"I'm glad you saw that in him," I admit. "Now come on, let's give those brothers of mine a surprise."

"I'll give them a piece of my mind, that's what I'll do! No tom worth his kill will leave his sister to wander around alone," Ray says sternly.

"I like to wander around alone," I protest.

"Spoken like a true daughter of your mother," Ray says disapprovingly. "She just about drove your uncles to distraction when she was a teenager - always sneaking off to be by herself."

"I have uncles," I ask in surprise.

"Yes, your Uncle Kurt is an Alpha and then there are Matt, Lance and Andrew. Dylan was killed by an outlaw when he was a teenager on his third mission as a warrior," Ray tells me quietly.

"Dylan Black? His mates called him Duffy?" I ask uneasily.

"Yes that was him."

"He wasn't killed by an outlaw. He was killed by a stray by the name of Felix. I've heard him boasting about it to ..." I stop in my tracks as anger wells up in me.

"Who," Ray asks in a tight voice, "and what were you doing around a stray?"

"Kendal Darnel, and I was not around the strays voluntarily. Vaygar and Kendal have been plaguing me for years," I growl in a low voice.

"You willing to repeat what you just told me to the Alphas," Ray asks.

"Of course!"

"How did you come across the Darnels," Ray asks tightly.

"I don't want to go into it. Ask Sam and Mitchell. They know the story," I answer uncomfortably.

Ray stops as he reaches the big guesthouse and glances back at me. "I'm going to give those boys of mine a real talking to. They should know better than to leave you walking around by yourself," Ray tells me before pushing the door open and heading inside.

I follow at a more sedate pace but I can hear him before I catch up.

"Sam! Mitchell! Where is your sister," he demands angrily.

"She's right here with ... Conner, Kell where's Rosy," Sam demands when he must not be able to see me.

"They went for a walk outside," Timny informs them.

"What! Where is my sister," Sam demands angrily.

"She was still with Conner when I came back in," I hear Kell say. I hear a meaty thump and realise someone has been punched. I move to where I can see into the room.

"Hey! All I did was kiss her and Rosy didn't mind," Conner protests as he backs away from both Sam and Mitchell with his arms held up protectively in front of him.

"I'm going to go find her," Mitchell snaps angrily and turns around. He stops as he spots me standing in the doorway with my arms crossed over my ribs and a frown on my face. Sam has turned around as well and glances between me and Ray uneasily as he spots me.

"Why'd you hit him," I ask coldly.

"Conner knows better than to leave a she-kitt off outside by herself! No matter if she is from his clan or not," Mitchell snaps.

"I take it you've met Ray," Sam says in a soothing voice.

"Hasn't she met her Dad before," Lotty asks with wide eyes.

"My Dad was the human who raised me," I snap and can't help but notice the way both Sam and Mitchell look at our father with anguish on their faces. "This ... this is my Father. There is a slight difference," I tell them.

"You boys want to take better care of your sister," Ray snaps angrily. "You can't let her go walking by herself with strange toms! If I had raised you two, yous would have known better than to let her go off with unrelated toms."

"Rosy can look after herself. She's been keeping Steven and Micah in line back home," Sam says with a shrug.

"You boys had better be looking out for her! I don't want any grandchild born 'early'," Ray snaps angrily. "Besides isn't enough that the two of you had to be given to the clan. Does your sister have to join them as well?"

"Arr excuse me! I am right here! Don't talk about me as if I'm not here," I snap angrily. "And just because I am blonde does not mean I am a dumb blonde," I yell at Ray.

He turns to look at me in surprised anger. "Watch how you talk to me young lady," he warns.

"Would you prefer it if I just didn't speak to you," I ask him angrily.

There are shocked mutters from several of the she-kitts and Ray laughs.

"You definitely are Jeddah's daughter," he tells me with a tight smile. "But that doesn't excuse your bad manners. Always show respect to your elders."

I watch as Ray leaves, an uneasy feeling gripping me. Sam and Mitchell each catch hold of my upper arms and forcibly walk me from the room to the bedroom where our belongings are.

"Rosy you be careful how you speak to Ray," Sam snaps quietly as I jerk free of their grip.

"Rosy look at me," Mitchell orders and I turn to face them both with growing irritation. "You have to be respectful to Ray, especially in front of others. Not only is he your Sire but he was an Alpha."

"Ray resents what Wade and Marissa did for him," Sam says levelly. "Neither he nor Wade have said anything, but when I was old enough to understand, I worked it out from his behaviour and certain things he let slip."

"Rosy, this is important. Are you listening," Mitchell asks firmly.

I glance between my brothers; just their demeanour tells me they are very serious about what they are telling me.

"Ray feels cheated because he lost our mother's territory. He knew it would only be a matter of time before he was over-thrown or killed, and possibly Mitchell and I with him," Sam tells me quietly. "Wade and Marissa came to him with the proposal of raising us. Our Uncle Kurt was in on the offer and Jeddah's territory was divided up between the two families. The arrangement was that Jeddah's territory would either go to her niece or to any daughter Mitchell or I sire. Ray returned to dealing antiques and we got to be raised on our family's territory."

"Ray seems to believe he should have been able to remain an Alpha even though he had no wife and no daughter," Mitchell adds, "even though he knew that territory and any other inheritance is passed down from mother to daughter."

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,330 Followers