To Rise Again Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eithen listened and could understand where the panic attacks came from. He would have been messed up after something like that as well. He held River tighter in his arms, "if you ever feel that you can't handle something, come to me ok?"

"Thank you," was all River could say to that. "Ok, enough about me for now, tell me more about the pack. I want to learn all I can about you and your community here."

For Eithen's part, he talked of growing up in a pack, what it was like to have so many people to count on. He told River things he had done as a young pup that had them both laughing. Eithen spoke of the close bonds that formed among all the members. He explained that the pack was more than just a group of people, it's like a large family in a way, and everyone looked out for everyone. He only left out one important aspect of Were life. Mates, and how important it was to find the one that Fate intended to be your other half.

"There is one thing that every wolf strives for, dreams of and prays that it will one day happen to them."

River turned and gazed up at Eithen, "and what would that be?"

"For the day to come when we find that one person who will complete us and make us whole. The day we find our mate." Eithen waited for that statement to sink in, to see if River would understand what he was saying.

River's mind started to put all the small pieces of the puzzle that were Eithen and River together. "And how do you know when you've found your mate?"

"Our wolf always knows, sometimes it may take our human side a little longer to figure it out, but the wolf, it knows its mate as soon as it gets a good scent. We feel drawn to our mates and find any excuse we can to be near them. Our mates are to be loved, cherished and adored like no other, we would die for our mates. When we find our mates, there will never be another."

River was afraid to hope, afraid to ask the question of whether or not he and Eithen were fated, destined to be one. He feared that what he felt for Eithen was one-sided. The need to know the answer was stronger though. He ached for and longed to be held and loved by this man. River asked without words, the question was clear to see in his eyes.

He got his answer when Eithen tightened his hold, leaned down and whispered one simple yet powerful word....Mine.

12