To Rise Again Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lonnie was placed with a couple that had been unable to have pups of their own and he was loved. He never wanted for anything, his adoptive parents were gentle and caring. They helped him understand that he was worthy and it was ok if he never shifted, but to not give up hope. They showed him ways to recognize when a shift was coming on and how to lessen the pain the first time.

Eithen hired Lonnie when he turned seventeen to be a runner for him. Just a simple job, but it gave him a purpose and responsibility, and for that Lonnie was grateful. Eithen was aware of the hero worship, but it was harmless. It was because of Lonnie and his story that Eithen came up with the idea of The Sanctuary. For kids like Lonnie that needed some place safe to turn to if they needed it.

"Hey Big Man, what's going on in that head of yours?" River had walked over and wrapped his arms around Eithen as he had gotten lost in his memories. It was only when he heard River's voice did he come back to the here and now.

"Sorry baby, I was just thinking of the past. I need to fill you in on some things before the guys get here. C'mon, let's sit back down." Eithen pulled River back over to the couch where he refused to let him go and placed him between his legs with River's back against his chest as they sat there.

"I'm sure you heard my part of the call to Troy." River nodded, but didn't speak, he waited for Eithen to continue. "It seems that a member of the pack has been missing for over a week now, his name is Lonnie. I want to let you know that Lonnie is special to me." Eithen felt River stiffen and knew he needed to explain. "Not special like that baby, but he is important. I'll give you a brief history ..."

By the time Eithen was done telling River about Lonnie and his past, River had tears in his eyes. "How could they do that to him? How could his parents allow them to do that to their son?"

"I don't know baby, but that is why I need to find him. The guys that will be here in a few minutes are called trackers, that's what they do, that's what they are good at. They can find him, and then we can figure out what happened and where he has been all this time. Now, you can stay here for the meeting or you can go do whatever until it's over. It is your choice, but I would like you here with me."

"How many will be here?" River was never good in crowds of more than five or six people, and without his meds he was afraid that he would have a panic attack in front of Eithen and his pack. He didn't want to appear weak to them, he already had being a human going against him.

"Besides the two of us, there will be Troy and there are ten trackers in the pack. Why ask how many River?"

River wanted to stay, he really did, but thirteen people in a small room, just the thought already had him sweating. He could feel himself start to tremble from the anxiety that was building.

"You're shaking baby, what's wrong?" Eithen questioned as he pulled River tighter to him. "Is it the idea of so many? Does it make you panic? Is that the reason you take meds, to keep from panicking?"

River simply nodded, afraid to speak as he tried to keep his breathing under control.

"Ok baby, that's fine, if it gets to be too much then you can leave."

There was a knock at the door and then Troy and the trackers entered the room. River tried to get up but Eithen wouldn't allow it. He kept his arms wrapped tightly around River. "Please guys, take a seat and we can get this started."

River sat there for the next thirty minutes, held in Eithen's arms as he spoke to his pack. For some reason, being held by Eithen prevented him from having a full out panic attack . He would still shake from time to time and his hands were sweaty, but he was able to keep his breathing even. He concentrated on the rise and fall of Eithen's chest, their breathing was synced.

Just as they were about to wrap up the meeting and start on their search there was a noise at the front door. "I'll get that for you Eithen, you finish up in here with the guys," River whispered as he stood to leave. He walked out and down the hall to the front of the house, as he reached the door he heard a thud but didn't think anything of it. River turned the knob and pulled the door open in time to see the body of a young man battered and bruised fall to the ground. "Oh God!! EITHEN!! HELP!!"

The young man looked up at River and tried to talk, he needed to let him know. He used what strength he had left to grab River and pull him down to whisper in his ear. One word was all he got out before he succumbed to the pain and fell unconscious. One word, that struck River with fear. "Raivyn."

12