Trading the Southern Belle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You've got the $5000.00 as soon as I have the confession." I said.

I got the confession and then headed to South Carolina.

There I hired more people to check on John Reed, my step father.

"So far Miss MacKay we've found out a lot about Mr. Reed. After you disappeared he tried to get all the money in your grandfather's trust fund for you. His will however made it clear that only you could in person to the bank officials change how money was paid out. I don't think your grandfather trusted John Reed. Therefore he could only get per month what the will set up to be paid each month. Even the sale of the slaves that Captain Flynn brought back was considered as part of the plantation's income and the bank took most of it and put it in your grandfather's account." Jim Johnson told me.

"So he didn't profit as much as he thought he would from that sale. That's good news." I said smiling.

"He only got a couple of hundred dollars. Then as rumor has it he tried to get more of Flynn's money but he said no. Flynn's 1st mate told me Reed paid the 2nd mate to kill Flynn for half of the money. Flynn ended up with a bad scar on his face and he moved his ship to Savanna, Georgia using the name of Captain James for a year before going to New Orleans under his own name." Jim said.

I waited another week before I let my grandfather's bank know I was back. I told Roger the bank owner that John had me held as a prisoner somewhere in Europe, but not to tell anyone this because I would take care of him my way.

Feeling sorry for himself because he hadn't become rich from selling me or from my grandfather's trust fund he had become a drunk and the plantation had suffered because of it. I went to the plantation with Roger Miller so John couldn't pull anymore tricks.

"Hello John." I said when he opened the front door. His face was now as white as a sheet from seeing me."May I come into my house." Which I entered before he could respond to what I'd said. "Roger stay here on the porch and wait for me to return, please."

John followed me into the den like a dog who had been caught stealing food from the table and was going to be punished for it.

"John here is a copy of Captain Flynn's confession of what you did five years ago and another about what you tried to do to Captain Flynn when he returned from Africa. You have one week to leave not only this plantation but this state before I give it to the law." I told him.

Roger and I went back to town and stayed at the inn to wait and see what John would do next. Three days later we received word that John Reed had hung himself in the barn at the plantation. He had left a letter for me and another one for Roger Miller.

John's letter to me.

'Charlotte you may have thought you've defeated me, but I know much of what happened to you in Africa. I've sent a letter to Roger Miller to tell him about how you willingly stayed there and married a BLACK chieftain and even had his children. When word of this gets around about that your plantation won't be worth a penny so I will win in the end.'

Roger however gave me his letter unopened.

"I don't even want to read any of his lies. Do what you want with it Charlotte." He told me.

I read the letter and burned it. I would later marry Thomas Martin, Roger Miller's grandson and be very happy.

12