Trailing Home Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They wished him a pleasant afternoon, and Liam returned to the cabin, carefully balancing the tray. He found Selena just as he had left her, staring out the window.

"I brought you some lunch."

She turned and gave him a small smile. "Thank you. I am a bit hungry after all."

Selena sat on the edge of the bed, and Liam placed the tray beside her before sitting on the foot of the bed. She was uncomfortable beneath his unwavering regard, and she gave her attention to the food. The only sound in the cabin was her fork clinking on the plate, but it was a companionable silence. The awkwardness after their kiss had dissipated, and they were both relieved to find they could spend time with each other without arguing.

Selena polished off most of her lunch before she tasted the custard that he had brought her for dessert. It was creamy and luscious, and she sighed with pleasure. Remembering that he liked sweets, she smiled at him shyly.

"Would you like a taste?"

Liam watched as her tongue darted out to lick a speck of the custard from her bottom lip, and the meaning of his answer escaped her. "Yes, I would." He made no move to reach for the spoon she held out to him, and he noticed her cheeks turn a delicate shade of pink.

Selena scooped a spoonful of the custard and held it up to his lips. She felt her stomach flutter as she watched his mouth close around the spoon. Her gaze was captured by his, and her breath caught in her throat. Heat was glowing in his hazel eyes again, and she knew with sudden clarity that he wanted more than just custard. They were separated by the tray sitting between them, but she remembered what it felt like to be pressed against him, and she cleared her throat nervously as she looked back down at the dish. She shared the remainder of the custard with him, careful not to meet his eye.

When it was finished, Selena rose and picked up the tray. "Thank you for lunch. I'm going to return this to the kitchen."

She left without another word, and when the door had closed behind her, she drew a deep breath for the first time in several minutes. Her husband was a handsome devil, and she was finding it more and more difficult to resist his charm. He had made no effort to hide his lust, and if she wasn't careful, she would soon find herself warming his bed! She smiled secretly to herself as she nibbled at her bottom lip. There were, after all, worse things that could happen.