Trapped - Back Into Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GatorRick
GatorRick
771 Followers

Going into the closet for something to wear I looked at Rick's side. What I saw, or rather, didn't see told me where he may have gone.

******************

Back At The Cabin

It was finally light enough outside for me to do the things I had to accomplish in preparation for the storm that was now

predicted to hit later in the morning. First thing I did was to pull my truck around to the side of the cabin where, hopefully, it would escape the brunt of the storm winds.

Next I made a quick inspection of the arrays of photovoltaic cells on the roof to make sure that they were properly fastened to withstand the high winds that were predicted to accompany the storm. Satisfied that all was in order, I replaced the ladder, I had used to climb up onto the roof, back into the storeroom.

After doing that I rolled out my log splitter from the shed and began splitting logs from the wood pile. I wanted plenty of firewood inside the cabin to feed the fireplace over the next few days.

Ninety minutes later I was finished. I put the splitter back into the shed being sure to re-fasten the padlock on the door. Then I began carrying the split firewood inside. The storm winds had just started as I carried the last of the wood inside.

While outside making one final check to be sure there was nothing lying about that could be blown around and cause any damage to the cabin or my truck I heard the sound of a car trying to make its way up my driveway. It was having a lot of difficulty. I could hear the engine revving and the sounds of the tires screeching on the frozen rock of the driveway as it approached the cabin.

"DAMN!!" I exclaimed. It was Terri. How in the Hell had she found me?

She stopped the car and got out. "Rick, we have to talk." She said as I approached her.

"No we don't!" I answered her. "There's nothing to say. I know what I saw. Just leave me alone, please! Turn your car around and leave now."

Just as I said that we heard a crashing sound. A large tree had finally succumbed to the ravages of past winters and had toppled over from the rising wind gusts of the approaching storm. It effectively blocked the way back down from the cabin.

Terri looked at me and, fully knowing it was impossible, said. "Looks like I'm trapped here unless you can clear that tree away in this weather."

Sighing, I grudgingly replied. "Okay. You can stay, but only, until I can remove that tree. Pull your car around and park it by my truck and come inside.

I turned to walk back inside the cabin not seeing the sly smile of relief on her face.

******************

Terri's Drive To The Cabin

As soon as I looked in the closet and saw that all of Rick's levis and heavy woolen and flannel shirts were gone I knew just where he went. Then when I saw his heavy hunting jacket missing from the hall closet that just confirmed my belief.

Throwing a few things into a carry-on bag I rushed back

downstairs. I grabbed the four photographs, the DVD, as well as the un-opened card and his note and put them in my briefcase. I slipped his wedding ring onto a chain I wore around my neck and left the house.

The drive north to the cabin took a little longer than the four hours it would normally take. An oncoming winter storm slowed my progress somewhat. That and one stop for gas and another to pee added an additional forty minutes to the drive. The drive gave me plenty of time to think about my life with Rick.

My mind first wandered back to the time when I began recovering from my illness. Mom would walk with me up and down the block in front of the house to help me strengthen my legs.

On more than one occasion Rick would try to initiate a conversation with me. I felt so self conscious about the way I looked I couldn't reply. He never gave up. Every time he saw me he would say something nice to me.

Soon I was able to go out for a walk by myself. One day I decided to go down to the small park a few blocks from my house. I was sitting on a bench when I saw three boys I knew from school. They were bullies, always picking on kids weaker and smaller than themselves. There was nowhere to go, nowhere to hide.

They came up to me and started saying really mean and hurtful things to me. Trying not to cry I yelled at them.

"GO AWAY!! PLEASE, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

They just laughed and continued with their insults. Suddenly there was another voice saying.

"Hey guys! Why do want to act like assholes? Leave the girl alone and beat it."

I looked up and saw it was my neighbor, Rick. Words were exchanged between the four of them and the next thing I knew they disappeared.

Then Rick came over to me, and extending his hand, he said. "Come on I'll walk you home." The entire way back to my house I wouldn't let go of his hand. I felt safe and protected with him.

My mom met us at the front door. She saw the tears on my face and glanced at Rick. I gave him a quick kiss on his cheek and said loud enough for mom to hear.

"Thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there."

Mom stayed at the door for a moment, said something to Rick and then came back inside. She asked me what had happened and I told her. When daddy came home later that evening she told him what I had described to her.

After supper mom and dad went next door for a short while. When they returned daddy simply said to me.

"That's quite a remarkable young man."

The next morning, as mom was driving me to school, it started to rain. I saw Rick walking to school and told her to stop. Rolling down the window I stuck my head out and asked him to get into the car. On the way there I told him why I hated to go to school.

My classmates kept calling me names. They thought I was ugly, especially my hair which was just starting to grow out.

He looked at me and said. "You have the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen."

I was so shocked at what he said I couldn't think of a thing to say for the rest of the way to school.

When we arrived he got out and extended his hand to help me out of the car. Then he stuck his head back inside and thanked my mother for driving him to school.

Without releasing my hand he walked me inside. There were a lot of kids in the hallway and I saw some strange looks and heard some snickering remarks. It didn't phase Rick in the least.

One guy, Charlie Williams, walked up and said to Rick. "What are you doing with that 'thing'?"

I felt Rick stiffen as he turned and replied.

"Charlie, this 'thing' has a name, her name is Terri. You and I have been friends ever since grade school and if you want to remain my buddy you'll show her the respect she deserves."

We hadn't taken two steps past him when I heard the boy say, "please, just a minute."

He stepped in front of us and said in a loud voice that everyone around could hear including Mary Anne Baker. Mary Anne was better than CNN and the National Enquirer when it came to spreading news and gossip.

"Terri, I apologize. That was a cruel and hateful thing to say about you. I'm sorry. I've got a big mouth and sometimes say things without thinking. May I walk with you and Rick to your first period class."

It was as if Moses had parted the Red Sea as kids moved away allowing us to walk down the hallway. There were no more snickering remarks.

Later that morning Darlene Thompson, the head cheerleader and as I found out later Charlie's girlfriend, came up to me asking if we could talk for a moment or two. She wanted to know all about me.

I gave her a brief description of my illness and the effects of the medications I had to take to combat it. All she could say was. "Wow! I don't think I would have the fortitude to survive what you have had to go through. I would really like to be friends with you."

A day later Ralph Thompson and Bradley Miller came up to me and publicly apologized for what had happened in the park. From that day forward school was entirely different for me. With the three most popular kids in school by my side everyone wanted to be friends with me.

By the end of the semester my hair had completely grown out and the ravaging effects of the medications had disappeared. Rick and I became inseparable. We walked to school every morning holding hands and the walk home in the afternoon was no different.

The next big event that I recalled as I drove north was the Senior Prom. Rick and I were both eighteen years old, his birthday being in February and mine in May.

Seniors got to vote for Prom King and Queen. I voted for Rick, but I secretly hoped Charlie Williams would win. I was positive that his girlfriend, Darlene, would be named Prom Queen and I didn't want Rick to dance with her as King and Queen. Yeah, I admit it I was a little jealous of the thought.

On the night of the prom Rick and I, along with Charlie and Darlene, rode together to the hotel ballroom in a limo. Everybody looked great all dressed up in their formal attire. I may have been just a little prejudiced but I thought Rick was the best looking guy at the whole event.

We danced, we ate and we danced some more and then it was time to name the King and Queen. The Senior Class Sponsor, Mrs. Sullivan, made the announcement.

"The King of this year's Senior Prom is . . Frederick Hauff. Frederick please step forward to be crowned."

"Oh, my God," I thought. Rick won. I was so proud and happy for him.

Then Mrs. Sullivan continued. "Now for the moment you have all been waiting for. The Queen of the 2001 Senior Prom is . . . Miss Terri Abbot!"

"Frederick would you please escort Miss Abbot to the middle of the dance floor and place the crown on your Queen."

Tradition had it that the King and Queen were alone on the floor for the first dance. As we danced together he whispered in my ear.

"You've always been my Queen. I love you, sweetheart."

The rest of the night was a blur. I do remember having to rush to the ladies room to repair my makeup from all the tears I shed after that dance. Rick and I spent the remainder of the evening dancing, laughing and stealing kisses from each other when the chaperones weren't looking.

At the time I thought that my experiences in high school could never be topped. Boy, was I ever wrong. Rick and I went away to the same state university. I majored in business administration and Rick in electrical engineering.

College is not just an extension of high school. I had to work really hard in order to get the grades I needed to maintain my scholarship. Rick always made time to help me in some of the more difficult math classes I had to take as a requirement for my degree. We spent many a long evening in the college library together.

In our junior year Rick leased an apartment. He said the dorms were just too noisy and the lack of privacy made it difficult to study. I spent so much time there that I gradually began moving my clothes into his apartment unit until I practically had nothing left in my dorm room. Rick said it made no sense to pay for a room if I wasn't going to use it.

We were living as a man and wife in every sense except for no sex. I promised myself that I would save my virginity as a wedding present for my husband. Believe it or not, Rick supported me in this and never pressed the issue. Don't get me wrong we still found ways to to express our love and satisfy our physical needs.

Over the Christmas break Rick asked me to marry him. I accepted and we planned for a June wedding. Both sets of our parents were ecstatic with our engagement. My dad went so far as to ask what took so long.

June arrived before I knew it. Graduation followed by our wedding. I was the happiest girl alive.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my daydreams when I saw the sign that said 'Mountain View 15 Miles'. In less than thirty minutes I would be at the cabin. I prayed that Rick would give me the chance to explain that what he saw wasn't what happened.

Driving up the steep driveway with a great deal difficulty I saw him standing on the steps to the porch.

"Rick, we have to talk." I said getting out of the car and approaching him.

"No we don't!" He answered. "There's nothing to say. I know what I saw. Just leave me alone, please! Turn your car around and leave now."

Just as he said that we heard a crashing sound. A large tree had finally succumbed to the ravages of past winters and had toppled over from the rising wind gusts of the approaching storm. It effectively blocked the way back down from the cabin.

I looked at him and, fully knowing it was impossible, said.

"Unless you can clear that tree away in this weather it looks like I'm trapped here for a while."

Sighing, he grudgingly replied. "All right. You can stay, but only, until I can remove that tree. Pull your car around and park it by my truck and come inside."

Just as I got inside the full fury of the blizzard struck. In a matter of minutes you couldn't see more than a few feet in front of you through the driving wind blown snow.

Sitting across from each other, in front of the fireplace, I began speaking to my unhappy husband.

"Rick we need to talk. It's not what you think. I didn't . . ."

All of a sudden he shouted at me. "NO!! We don't need to talk. I don't want to hear a damn thing you have to say. You're here only until this storm lets up and for no other reason."

With that he got up from the chair he was sitting in, went into his bedroom and slammed the door shut behind him.

This went on for almost two days. If it even appeared that I was about to say something to him he would get up and leave the room. By the afternoon of the second day the high winds had quieted down but the snow continued to fall. Somewhere in the early afternoon the lights in the cabin began dimming. Rick went into the small room, just off the kitchen, where all the electrical panels and gauges for the solar photovoltaic system were located.

"Something is wrong with the solar roof panels." He told me. "I'll have to go outside and look to see if I can spot what the trouble is."

I stepped out onto the porch as Rick went out to survey the problem.

"There's a ice dam that is blocking the snow from falling off the roof. It's forcing the snow to back up and cover the photovoltaic panels." He called back to me. "I'll have to get the ladder and break the ice up."

He went around the side of the cabin to the shed where the ladders were kept. He returned with an extension ladder and a small hatchet. Extending the ladder to it's full length he climbed up and began chopping away at the ice.

Without warning the ice dam broke. The ladder was pushed away from the roof with enough force that it caused Rick to fall heavily to the ground. He laid there stunned from the fall for a few moments and before he could get up the wet snow slid off the roof.

I rushed over to him finding him buried under at least two feet of snow. I frantically began to dig him out.

Remembering the first aid training I had taken in school I knew I shouldn't move him. It might cause even more damage to his body. I also knew I couldn't leave him lying outside on the ground in the sub-zero temperatures in his soaking wet clothes. He would die from hypothermia in just a matter of a few minutes.

There were only two choices. Get him up, move him inside and risk further injury or leave him to certain death in the freezing weather. I chose to move him.

I don't know how I managed to get him to his feet, but I did. He put his right arm around my shoulders and I placed my left arm around his waist and we slowly made our way inside.

Pulling him in front of the fireplace I stripped him of all his soaked clothing. Everything came off including his boxers and undershirt.

Running into the bedrooms I stripped the blankets and heavy quilts from the beds and used them to cover his naked body. After throwing a few more logs onto the fire I stripped down to my panties and bra as well.

Removing my bra I slipped under the blankets and wrapped myself around his chilled body. After a few long minutes I felt his body begin to warm and his breathing became deep and regular. I remained with him for the next several hours, only getting up to feed more wood to the fire and then immediately returning back under the blankets to him. We laid together for the remainder of the night sharing our bodily warmth with each other.

I fell asleep for several hours and only awaken when I felt him stirring. I quickly got up, dressed and got some dry clothes for him as well.

"Now we need to sit down and talk, Rick." I told him.

He started to protest when I told him to just sit down and be quiet until I was finished.

"If you're still not convinced about what actually happened I'll leave as soon as I can."

******************

My Explanation and Our Love Wins Out

Opening my briefcase I withdrew the photographs along with the DVD and placed them on the table in front of him.

"What you photographed and videoed, Rick, isn't what really happened."

"Terri, it sure looks like you were holding hands with him and it certainly appears you walked out of that restaurant with your arms around each other."

"Rick, I know what it looks like. But that's not what happened. My client, John Chapman, is a very religious man. He says Grace before every meal even in public. He asked to hold my hands while he prayed before our meal was served."

"Rick, look very carefully at this photograph. What do you see on the table?"

"It looks like your little tape recorder," he replied.

Opening my briefcase a second time I withdrew my digital tape recorder.

"You know I record all my business conservations now to avoid problems like the one I had with Mrs. Johnson three years ago."

"Please listen to it, Rick."

Playing the tape you could clearly hear Mr. Chapman ask me if I wouldn't mind holding his hands while he prayed.

Throughout the rest of the meal all of the discussions I taped revolved around what he wanted from a financial plan that would ensure he and his wife had enough money for their retirement.

I stopped the playback when Rick asked. "What about when you two left the restaurant, with you arms around each other, and went upstairs in the elevator?"

Pushing the play button again the recording continued. You could hear Mr. Chapman's cell phone ring and one side of the ensuing conservation. Evidently Mrs. Chapman had returned from her appointment and was now waiting on us in their hotel suite upstairs.

As the sounds of us getting up from the table played you could hear an audible groan from John Chapman. It was then he asked if I would mind assisting him back to his room. He explained that he had just completed a knee replacement and neglected to wear the brace he had been provided.

"That's when he put his arm across my shoulder and I put my arm around his waist to help stabilize him as he walked," Terri stated.

"Do you remember how I got you into the cabin after the accident yesterday?"

Her little tape recorder continued recording while I sat there digesting what she just told me and finished listening to her recorder.

Nothing was said except Terri asking him how his knee was feeling. John Chapman said it was still hurting him enough not to be able to put any weight on it.

I heard the elevator opening and their footsteps as they approached his room. As he fumbled with the key card the door to the suite opened and his wife, Emily, stood there.

"I didn't put my knee brace on," he said to her.

"Oh my gosh, John whatever am I going to do with you?" His wife replied. "You know how important the doctor told us why you had to wear it all the time."

'I'll take him into the bedroom and help put it back on," she said to me as she reached out to support her husband.

"Please have a seat, Mrs. Hauff. We'll only be a minute and then you can explain the details of your financial plan proposal to us.

GatorRick
GatorRick
771 Followers