Trouble's Familiar Face

Story Info
An FBI thriller with love and BDSM.
27.6k words
4.06
9k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

"So then why are you with him?" he asked, looking over at his best friend as they sat on the brick wall behind her house.

"Rayne, you know how much I love him, plus I have to be there for Sammy." Alexis defended, knowing it sounded pathetic, even to her.

"Bull." he said, calling her on it immediately. "You're just as bad as him if you keep using that kid as your scape goat. Anyways, if you love him so much, you wouldn't have bothered calling me down here to bitch about him."

Alexis glared at him, more because she knew he was right, like usual. She decided to end the conversation before he started to lecture her again. Not that he wouldn't anyways, she knew him well enough that if he dropped the subject now, she would hear it later. He was lounging in the over stuffed lawn chair, in his usual jeans and a t-shirt. He glared back at her and his green eyes were bright with the sun catching there color. He had longer blond hair that was forever falling into his eyes.

"Maybe I called you down here for the sheer pleasure of your company." she said, smiling sweetly at him.

"Ha! I know you better then that Alex. I moved and now there is no one here to listen to you bitch so you call me down once or twice a week just so you can vent." he said laughing.

"Yeah, but you make it sound so ugly." she said, now laughing with him.

"Alex?" a voice called from behind them. Alexis called out to her roommate to let her know where she was.

"Hmm, my room mate is home. Wanna go tourist watch in our spot?" she suggested, hoping he didn't want to leave her just yet.

"I have cleared my demanding schedule and now I am all yours today." he said, adding in a wiggle of the eyebrows for good measure.

"Yeah right, I doubt Liz would feel like sharing you, sweetheart." Alex said laughing, but noticed Rayne's face grow serious. "Oh no, not again."

Rayne nodded and gave a heavy sigh. "She packed up and moved yesterday apparently because when I got home there was nothing left of hers in the house. I didn't find a note."

Alex took him in her arms. "Aww, honey. I'm so sorry, why didn't you say anything." Rayne pulled out of the embrace, smiling slightly. "Because it's not like it's the first time. She's done this four times. Honestly I think if she does call me, which I know she will, I'm just going to ask for my key back and leave it at that."

As they headed for his truck Alexis' cell phone went off. She looked at the caller ID, saw that it was Rick and chose to ignore it.

They got into the truck and Rayne looked at her expectantly.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"He isn't going to believe that you didn't hear your phone ring. He'll end up coming here looking for you." he said with a warning glance. "Then you'll be gone and your roommate will say, 'gee, I don't know Rick. She left with Rayne a little bit ago.'" he said in his fake women voice, mocking her roommate. "And believe me; I do not need him to have yet another reason to hate me."

"He doesn't hate you, Ray." Alex said jumping to her boyfriends defense. "He just doesn't understand us. Not that many people do. I mean it's not often two people who have dated still talk to each other, let alone stay best of friends."

Rayne rolled his eyes and grumbled something under his breath.

"Besides, it wouldn't matter if he did hate you. I wouldn't let his opinion make decisions for me." she said, her voice full of strength. It sounded forced to Rayne, she sounded like she is going to be terrified to go home tonight and probably spend the night at his house to avoid it.

His mind was raging with inner conflict on weather to call her on this or not. He had heard it all before, then days later she would seem happy, but they sadness in her eyes was louder then ever. Rayne wasn't sure how much more of it he could stand seeing. When they had gotten to the beach behind his house, he had decided not to say anything until later.

As they walked the beach in silence, something they did often, he thought about his and Alex's history together. She had grown up so much since their first meeting, in her looks as well as her personality. He recalled the mousy plain brown hair, bland brown eyes that always seemed sad, and pink-purple speckled rimmed glasses that had the Disney™ logo on the frame. She was short and very uncomfortable with her early blooming body. She would use this awkwardness to beat up anyone who teased her about it, which often labeled her a scrapper. That's when they met, during their awkward years in junior high where they literally ran into each other in halls and had been close friends ever since. In high school they decided that since they were such good friends that maybe they would make a good couple. Really the decision was based on raging hormones and a jokingly placed kiss that raised questions.

They had gone through so much together that, there wasn't much to their relationship when they started to date. They already knew everything about each other, so there was nothing to get to know, except the few questions they had kept silent until then. Rayne thought about those questions now and almost laughed out loud. He had never been so uncomfortable with himself until the year that they dated. Thinking about kissing her, touching her, and yet thinking about her in a best friend way as well. It was especially excruciating when the weekends came and where they use to be able to spend the night at each others houses, they were no longer allowed because they were dating now.

In the end, being friends was a lot less work then dating. Neither of them really know when they stopped dating and went back to being friends, not that it mattered because dating other people was out of the question anyways. Every time they tried they would be asked to give each other up by the person they were dating. Every time it ended up them being single again because the answer was without a doubt, no questions asked, "No."

Now she was still awkward, though not so much about her body anymore. Her hair turned a lovely auburn color and her eyes developed little green specks in them that made them seem honey. She only used her glasses for reading, which were now a stylish brown. The only thing she didn't grow into was her height, because she still stood no taller then 5'1'', which is where she was in junior high. Rayne gave her a sidelong glance and noticed that she had been talking while he was daydreaming and he hadn't heard a word of it.

"Have you even been listening to me?" Alex said interrupting his thoughts.

"Do I ever listen to you?" he joked.

"What was that stupid grin on your face for?" she asked, ignoring his remark. "What were you thinking about?"

"You" he said honestly.

"Me? You're not thinking of doing something evil to me are you?"

"No really I was thinking about us and how we came to be this force to be reckoned with that we are today." he said, his grin growing wider.

"What are we doing tonight?" she asked quickly changing the subject. Rayne picked up on her ploy, but didn't bother pressing it.

"Lets go out to a nice restaurant. We haven't had a date in a long time." he said enthusiastically. He grabbed a hold of her hand and they continued walking.

Alex looked up at Rayne and smiled. "That's a wonderful idea."

It wasn't difficult to find a suitable outfit at Rayne's house since half her wardrobe was there anyways, as was much of her make up and shoes. Rayne even made sure that weather he was with some one or not, there was an extra room for Alex when she came over. It was hardly needed since they usually watch old movies in his room until they both fall asleep.

They changed cloths and went to their favorite nice restaurant in town called Adouza. They had been there often and most of the people there knew them by name. Well, the name that they gave them that is, which is why Rayne never brought his dates to this restaurant.

"Mr. And Mrs. Stryker." the host greeted smiling. "Welcome back. We don't have your usual table tonight, but there is an even better one available, it's usually for reservation only, but I think of you guys as my VIP's and you don't need a reservation."

Rayne smiled down at Alex and they followed the host to a huge window at the front of the restaurant. She was in front of him, so he got to appreciate the dressed that she had picked out to where. It was a simple black dress that was floor length and fit nicely to her curves. Rayne almost stumbled into the back of Alex when they had arrived at the table. The table was the only one that over looked the ocean outside and sat next to the fireplace inside. Since the sun was setting outside it made a beautiful site and it was no wonder why this was such a sought after seat.

"Oh, Nick it's beautiful!" Alex gasped, holding tighter to her 'husband'. Rayne almost laughed out loud at her performance. "Not nearly enough beauty to rival your own darling." he said pulling a rose out from behind his back. She rewarded him with a kiss and they both sat down.

"Nice performance." Rayne complimented after they had sat down and the host left. She took a second to look him over in his spiffy tux. She loved when they went out because he was always wearing jeans and a t-shirt and when he dressed up he looked even more handsome then normal.

"Not so bad yourself, Nick." she said smiling. When the waiter came Rayne ordered them each the prime rib and then a bottle of wine. Everything was delicious, like usual and the wine was already making Alex fuzzy when he ordered another bottle.

"Let's dance," Rayne said, looking over at the nearly empty dance floor. He could see that she was about to protest and was quick to silence her. "Come on, one dance. It's nothing hard, just slow dancing. How many slow dances have we shared? Please?"

"Alright." she said, letting herself be led to the dance floor. Rayne took hold around Alex's waist with both arms, holding her close to him as they methodically moved to the music.

"You know," Alex whispered. "If I didn't know you as well as I do, I would say that you are trying to seduce me, Mr. Smith." Alex said smiling.

"Would it be so bad?" Rayne said, only half joking.

"We've done it before, Rayne. It doesn't work." she said, picking up on the serious tone in his voice.

Rayne pulled her closer, not sure why other then just to feel her against him. "That was in high school." he justified. "We've grown up since then. I'm not saying we have to start now, I'm just saying think about it before you continue with this creep your with."

"Rayne, you don't know him you can't say–."She started to defend her boyfriend, but Rayne cut her off bringing her ear close to his mouth.

"Alex, you can't pretend that the bruises don't exist just because you've covered them..." he whispered.

Alex's eyes jerked up and met his, silently asking how he knew. Rayne hugged her close to him, comforting her for the past years he hadn't had the courage to let her know that he knew. "I've known from the first time you told me you fell. You are the biggest klutz, but you're usually proud of your bruises. The fact that you covered them was the key."

Tears formed in her eyes as she looked at him. "I never intended to keep anything from you, I was just so scared. I wasn't sure how I could tell you and–."

Rayne captured Alex's lips with his own, trying to capture her guilt and pain, take it away from her forever. "Don't cry," he begged after finally ending the kiss. "Please don't cry, I didn't want to upset you, I just want to be with you. I'm sorry, please don't cry."

The song had ended and turned into another. By the time that one had ended, Alex had calmed down and was even smiling again. The owner, Tony, stopped by to cut in for a dance, while Rayne stood by and watched.

By the time they reached Rayne's house, they both have had too much to drink. They reached the front door and Rayne turned to Alex, pretending to be shy. "Well, ma'am, would you like to join me inside for a night cap?"

Alex feigned shock. "Why Mr. Smith, how forward of you." Alex said pretending to be shocked. "Well, I would love too." they both laughed loudly and stumbled their way inside.

"Maybe we should make coffee, I have had more then enough to drink tonight." Alex said, laughing. "I'm gunna go change and scrub this crap off my face." she announced, walking toward his room. Rayne followed her into the room and leaned up against the door frame to make sure she didn't break her neck trying to get out of her dress. 'At least she was sober enough to take her shoes off first.' he thought.

Her hand reached behind her, trying to find the zipper unsuccessfully. "Let me." Rayne said, quickly stepping forward. He gently brushed her hand out of the way and took hold of the zipper slowly working it down. When he finished, he intended to be a gentleman and walk away, but a hand on his wrist stopped him. When he turned to look at her, she was facing him, her hands moved so that her thumbs hooked under the straps of her dress.

"I can't get these either." she said huskily.

"Alex, i'm not taking advantage of you while you're drunk." Rayne said seriously, but his throat was tight at the effort it took to not pick her up and set her on the bed.

"Rayne, what if I said i'm not drunk?" she asked, her thumbs easily bringing down the straps, causing the dress to fall to her feet. Alex stood before him, in only her black thong and naked glory.

Rayne tried to reach past her grab a blanket to cover her with and she grabbed him around the waist, pushing her exposed breasts against him. "Please Alex, I care for you and I don't want to regret this, I want to feel nothing be bliss when I wake up in the morning."

"Rayne, im not drunk, I am not perfectly sober either, but I am perfectly capable of making a serious decision. I want you." she said calmly.

"Alex–."

Alex grabbed him behind his neck, pulling him to her and capturing his lips in a deeply passionate kiss. Far from a sloppy drunk kiss. Rayne saw what she was doing. He brought his hands under her butt and lifter into his arms. Her legs wrapped tightly around his waist and his hands firmly under her butt, they walked out of his room and into hers.

He laid her down on the bed and Alex undid his belt while distracting him with more kisses. Rayne decided to just go with it. His intention was to lave her on the bed, but he wanted her more than anything and had been waiting for a long time to get it. His kissed her deeply as his hands explored her naked flesh. She just finished unbuttoning his shirt and pulling down his boxers when the phone rang.

Alex groaned against his mouth. "Don't answer it."

Rayne bit her bottom lip softly and smiled. "I wasn't planning on it, in fact I was planning on turning it off as soon as this inconsiderate person was done calling."

"That sounds like a plan." she said smiling.

The call was on it's fourth ring when Rayne reached the phone, the answering machine picked up with a brief what to do from Rayne's voice then a loud beep. There was heavy breathing on the other end and what sounded like a crowded room, like a bar. Then a woman's voice muffled in the back ground asking if he got through. "Alexis? Are you there?" said Rick's too loud voice.

Alex gasped behind Rayne, as if he could see them through the phone. "Alex, if your there pick up the phone right now, gawd damnit!" Alex started for the phone, but Rayne picked it up before her, his hand was shaking with rage. It was sickening to see what power this sicko had over his friend.

"Now you listen here, Rick. This is Rayne and I don't ever want you to call my house again, do you here me?" he said with more calm then he felt. Alex motioned to give her the phone, mouthing 'it's okay.'

"Rick? No, I'm not coming to your house, nor am I going home so that you can see me. I am staying right here and if you so much as come on the street I will call the police on you. We're finished Rick." she said sweetly, listening for a moment then handing the phone back to Rayne to hang up.

Rayne listened to the like for a second before an almost animalistic growl escaped his throat. "Rick, I suggest you take back everything you just said." he said through clinched teeth. Alex was in shock, he had never in all their years of being friends, ever seen Rayne so angry. "Or what? Or what, you ask? Or I will personally hunt you down and murder you Rick. If you come anywhere near Alex again I swear I will murder you and do the time smiling." he said, not staying on the line to hear what he had to say about that.

Alex had gone back into the room and gotten dressed in her night clothes. She was sitting on the bed crying softly into her hands.

Rayne slipped on his boxers and went to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "Alex? I'm sorry I flew off the handle like that, I shouldn't have."

Alex cried harder, leaning into him for support, her shoulders shaking with the force of her sobbing. He silently held her, hoping she wasn't crying for the relationship that just ended. When she got her self under control she looked up at him and smiled weakly. "I don't think I could forgive myself for letting him do it to me for so long. It's not as though I haven't tried to leave before. I asked my parents for help and they told me that I sleep in the bed that I make." she wiped the wet streaks from her face. "But even with all that, it's not reason I was crying. He told me that he was going to tell Sammy that I never loved him and I left because he was bad."

Rayne cursed under his breath, wanting Rick to make his way here just so he had an excuse to kill the bastard. "Honey, you know that when Sammy gets older he will realize what a sick person Rick is and all that he has said to him was wrong."

"I know, but I really did love that kid and it just kills me to know he's going to hurt." she said, the tears starting to well in her eyes once more. "Not only that I know that I'm going to have to deal with him as soon as I go back home."

Rayne sighed exasperated." Look, obviously Rick is going to get mean with you right?"

Alex nodded sadly.

"Alright, so tell me, do you have anything at his place that you couldn't part with?" He asked, silently praying that she didn't.

"No, no that I know of." She said with her head cocked to the side in thought. "Most of my things are at my apartment."

"Move in with me." Rayne said suddenly, catching her off guard.

"What?!"

"I mean it! This is one place that he can't find you and if he does, I'm here." Rayne kneeled in front of her so that they were eye level with each other. "This has nothing to do with us. I want to protect you, Alex. Come on, you even already have your own room."

"Not about us?" Alex repeated hesitantly.

"Well it's defiantly a plus that you will be showering next to my room everyday, but that's not why I'm asking you." He said, smiling slyly.

Finally Alex smiled at him, the sadness from her eyes lifted as the request sank in. 'Why not?' she thought. 'Ricks not in my life anymore, I have no reason to be afraid.'

"Okay." she said after a minute pause. "I'll move in, but I have to give my roommate some notice."

"I realize that," He said, then smiled wickedly. "Or I could just say that I'm moving in there and then she'd kick you out."

Alex laughed and shrugged a little. "Since we're talking about it, I know that this," she gestured between them. "Started out pretty fast, mainly because of alcohol influence, but I was wondering if we could take 'us' slow." Alex averted her eyes shyly.

"I know why." Rayne said reassuringly smiling. "I suppose if we do this then we should do it right."

"My thoughts exactly." Alex replied happily.

"Alright, well let's start this evening by ending it." Rayne stood, kissing her forehead on his way up. "'Night dear, Alexis."

123456...8