True Love and an Affair Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the midst of my self-loathing, Bradley came out of with a towel around him. I left to shower, while deep in thought. I came out and he had ordered a bottle of champagne for us. He sat me down on the bed and poured me a glass. He told me he needed to discuss something with me.

"Bella, the company is expanding its in-house counsel and is looking to transfer some people interstate. I'm going to be going to Los Angeles for a while to make sure that everything is set up fine, but I'm going to have to make sure that the people left in charge are competent."

He took a sip of champagne and looked at me directly in the eyes. I was quiet, I didn't know what he was leading to. "I'm trying to create a team of the best people from our office. I know everyone here well. When I was thing of who I should recommend as head over there, I thought of you."

I was speechless. A million thoughts went through my head. Did he just use me for sex? Was he trying to get rid of me? Trying to make sure I was away from his wife?

"Say something. If you don't want to go there's no pressure on you to go. It will be a promotion though. Pay will be better, you will have more responsibilities. You work hard, you deserve this." He continued.

I felt dizzy. This was so much to comprehend. I would have to travel across the country where I knew no one, away from my friends and family.

"Can I think about this?" I asked.

"Of course, just give me an answer by next Friday."

"I'm going to go home."

Bradley was silent. He didn't stop me, he just let me leave. Outside the hotel, I hailed a cab and went back to the Tavern to get my car. I drove home to my Upper East Side apartment and looked at the city as I drove. I really looked. I could never leave New York, this city had been my home since I was 18. I loved everything about New York, the busy streets, the subway, Central Park, the shopping, the restaurants, the fashion. This was the city I dreamed of living in when I was a little girl growing up in Chautauqua.

To be continued...

12