Utah

Story Info
Man works his way up, wife works her way out.
9.3k words
3.43
86.3k
15
45
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jakewho69
jakewho69
386 Followers

No sex in this story.

The story was edit by Techsan. I would like to thank him for taking the time with me to see that the story is readable. He took a lot of time with me so I hope you enjoy the story. Thank you Jake

*

My name is Sam Wright and I was born and raised in a small town in Utah. When I finally graduated from college with my computer science degree, I got a job with a large bookkeeping firm on the east coast. I worked a year on the job and did not like it at all so I quit. The money was good but I was locked up in a small cubicle and could not see if it was night or day.

Being raised in Utah, I was used to being outside all the time and to be free to see the sky and feel the wind in my hair. When I left the company, I took a job at a car rental place. It was out at the airport and had an another dealership just on the outskirts of town. Here I could get outside anytime I wanted to. I wasn't stuck in some cubicle in an office with no windows.

The boss, John, was an old man and a hard worker who built the business from nothing. He started out with rent-a-wreck and then finally got into new car rental and he has been going pretty good ever since. He gets a lot of business from people he has dealt with before.

I worked with John for just over a year and a few months. I also lived in his house as his wife had died and he was all by himself. His two kids where on the west coast. He had put them through college and they have good jobs.

John and I sat around watching TV and going out to eat together a lot of the time. I got close to him and he treated me like one of his kids. Well, like all good things it had to come to an end. John had a heart attack after a year and was told to retire. I took care of him after his kids left to go back home and he promised the kids he would quit work and sell the business and come out to the west coast and retire.

John finally asked me to buy the business and he would come down in price for me. I didn't know about it as I didn't have any money and wasn't even thinking of buying it.

John said, "Well, if I didn't take chances, I would still be working for someone else and my kids would be working for me. I took a chance and the kids got a good education out of it and I got plenty of money now."

I told him I would think it over and let him know. He gave me a price that he wanted from me and gave me some names of connections to try to get the money. I studied the plan I laid out for a week and decided that I would give it a try and would hit the banks.

That's how I met my wife because she worked for the bank and was in charge of the business loan section of it. Her name was Shelly Sherman. At the bank I told a guy what I wanted and he told me to take a seat and someone would be with me in a few minutes. I sat there about five minutes when Shelly came out of an office and talked with the guy. Once I saw her I figured she was a high school intern getting in some high school hours. She came over and asked me to follow her.

She introduced herself and told me she would handle my loan, which surprised me. She asked for my paper work after I answered a bunch of her questions and told her the reason I was there. I didn't have the papers she needed and what papers I had weren't filled out properly. I knew right there that I didn't make a good impression and I felt pretty dumb as she started to explain something to me. It didn't help when she asked me where I was from. I told her Horsehead and she asked where that is. I told her there were two, one in New York and one in Utah. I was from Utah.

I sat in her office filling out forms she gave me and she had to help a lot. When I finally got everything in order, she looked them all over and she told me she had to check the facts I'd given her, which would take some time, so she would get back to me in a few days. She said she was sorry but she didn't think the bank would approve my loan. If I had another bank or some ideas on how to get the money, it would be easier to go that route since I told her I was in a hurry to get the money.

I felt like shit and felt so small when she told me all this. Who is this young high school girl telling me I won't get the money? Back in Utah all we did was shake hands and it was a done deal. You just paid it back when you could. How the hell do they do things in the south?

Three days later she called me in and we talked about my loan. She told me flat out that she could not even turn it in, as it was a waste of time with the loan committee, as they trusted her opinion and she knew it was a waste of time.

She asked me, "Do you have any schooling?"

I told her, "I have a computer science degree."

She said, "It isn't on the form."

So we filled out another one.

Shelly said, "I still won't be able to let it go through but I will get your paper work in order for you to apply some other place and give you some advice on how to apply there. In my mind I can't justify a loan for you but if you let me take all this home I'll make a resume for you so you'll know how to apply and what you are weak on.

"I'm sorry to say you will have to puff up your loan request a lot or you will never get a loan. Do you know that over ninety percent of businesses starting up don't last a year? You don't have money to back you up. If a tornado, or a winter storm hit, and you went down for a week, your business would go under. You have to think about all those things and I don't think you have at all.

"I'm sorry to be so crude or rude as you might think but this is my job to protect the bank and the people who do business with the bank. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings at all. I'm sorry if I did."

I asked her if she would like to go to lunch but she said she had business to take care of and she was sorry but she would redo my papers and I could pick them up from her in a few days and then we could go to lunch. I'm glad she didn't want to go to lunch as my stomach was doing flips and I couldn't eat or even drink right then. Anyway this pretty girl didn't look so good to me anymore.

A few days later she had my papers for me and we went to lunch. She told me the only way I was going to get a loan in this town was to lie like a rug on my application and she would feel guilty if I did but all that was up to me. Of course it would be some other bank that gave me the loan. She did give me some information and some tips but she broke my heart and the confidence that I had.

I got back with John and we talked about it. He said he had the same trouble when he started out but he took the chance and succeeded. We schemed together and finally he sold me his house, which he would hold the mortgage for five years with a balloon payment at the end. He would reregister it in another county and this way the bank would think I owed it free and clear. That would give me a lot of collateral to apply for the loan. So with a lot of lying on the application, I finally got a business loan from another bank.

I worked my tail off for the first year. I worked from ten in the morning to ten or twelve every night seven days a week. I had mostly part time employees except four who did a terrific job for me. Most of my employees came for the community college where they were going and I paid them minimum wage. I had the car rental hopping and I make money hand over fist.

My family came down to visit me and we spent the week at the work site. They all pitched in and helped with the workload; my younger brother could stay for the summer so I put him to work. He stayed at my flat while he was there. Then I sent him home on the airlines when school started. He had enough money to buy a used car for school.

I rented a room in a boarding house near a community college. I had no need for the large house but got it for a deal so I rented it out to a police officer in the city while his house was being built. After fourteen months I got the house back and moved back in. That is when I settled down from my long work hours and worked only about sixty hours a week.

It was hard on me to go a whole year without sex. I was finally out chasing the girls and hitting the clubs and college area. That's where I ran into Shelly again. Shelly was with a group of ten people and I could see she had a date with her. I didn't know if she was married or engaged by now. I did kind of like her and wanted to give her a shot.

I walked over to her booth where she was hemmed in the middle of it. I tried to say something to her but the music was too loud and she shook her head like she couldn't hear me. She did know who I was by the big ass smile on her face. She had a big grin on her face when she saw me. I wrote a note to her asking if I could bum a cigarette and whether she would buy me a beer at the bar. She read the note and burst out laughing, nodding her head yes. She excused herself and pushed her way out of the booth. Doing all this she kept the note, laughing and smiling all the way to the bar.

At the bar she opened her purse and offered me a smoke and then took her wallet out to buy a drink for both of us.

She asked me, "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine. Working my tail off and making money hand over fist."

"Well, what am I buying you a drink for then, if you're making so much money?"

"Well, that's how I got the money. I make the women buy my drinks," and we both broke out laughing.

I told her how I lied like hell and got the money at another bank and she was surprised that I had gotten a loan at all. She figured I was on my way back to Utah or was already there. It wasn't long before her boyfriend came up to us asking her if they were still on a date. She told him she was sorry but I was a banking customer, she was checking up on how the loan went, and she would be over in a minute. The guy stayed right by us and didn't leave till she left.

Shelly introduced me to Paul, her date, but he was not a happy camper.

She said, "Okay, I'll see you at the bank sometime," and the two of them made their way back to her group.

I watched them for an hour. She kept looking back at me and I could see her boyfriend getting mad so I left the club. I didn't need to get into a fight.

Back in Utah I had dated a lot of different girls but only went with them six months at the most. I didn't want to get tied down till I had a future ahead of me. Usually it seemed I had to date at least a month till I got any sex out of the girl. Oh, yes, there were a few that didn't come across so we just slid by them. Between the college girls in town and the bar scene I didn't have to wait a month around here to get sex. I could get it the same night here. It seemed like the girls give it out more freely in the south.

I couldn't get free till Thursday to call Shelly at the bank. She said she would go to lunch with me. So that day I picked her up. We talked for an hour and half, before she went back late to the bank. We make a date for lunch the next day as her schedule was filled for the weekend with dates. On Friday I made a date with her for the next Friday night. It was going to be dinner and a movie.

On our date we had a good time and we talked up a storm. I told her all the trouble I had with the loan and how I got by it. She was laughing at me and said I was a con artist. We had a lot of laughs. She invited me up to her room where I met her roommate Jill. We talked till three in the morning and the two of them made fun of me coming from Horsehead, Utah. Of course I make a big joke saying how nice indoor plumbing was and lights in the ceiling and all stuff like that.

The next day we did her grocery shopping and sat around her place as we talked some more. Jill sat with us and we all talked about everything and nothing. That night Jill went on a date while Shelly and I got a video and watched it at her house.

Shelly's boyfriend, Paul, called her that night and she had to talk to him for about twenty minutes. She told me she has been dating him for three months. Last month he got her an engagement ring and asked her to marry him. She told him no, that it was too soon, and she needed more time to get to know him.

She told me she felt sorry for saying no to him and let him stay over that night. He had stayed over two more nights since then. This all meant they had sex but she never said it right out. Shelly said she was confused and still young and wasn't sure what she wanted out of life. She talked a lot more about her and Paul and how they met. Shell also told me about her and Jill and how they met and become roommates.

Jill came in at midnight with her date and we all played cards till two AM when I left. The next day I took Shelly to lunch and we saw a movie. I asked her about dating her the next week but she said no. She would have to talk to Paul and straighten things out with him before she could date me again. Shelly said she would call me at work when she got things straightened out.

Well, Shelly called every day but she was still handling the 'Paul' situation. We would talk but it was ten days before she would see me. She told me Paul worked in her building and he was watching her pretty closely. I think she wanted to say stalking but didn't want to put a label on him.

We started out dating again and we would spot Paul checking us out every once in awhile. Most of the time we stayed in her apartment and did some heavy necking. She had school on Tuesday and Thursday nights so that was my drinking night out, which she didn't like. She heard from some of her girls at work that I was dancing and talking to different girls. On those nights there was no necking as she was cool to me.

We talked a lot about family and she had two younger sisters while I had two younger brothers. We fooled around like we were going to get them together to get married. She told me about her love life and I told her about all my girls.

She said she was all upset about her old boyfriend, Matt Upshaw. She went with him since she was thirteen. They stayed together all through high school and part of college. She went out of state for college and he went to the Naval Academy to become a naval officer. They wrote all the time and she thought things were good between them.

She said Thanksgiving time of her second year in college she was home and they had sex that weekend. Then when she got back to school he wrote saying he was dating another girl and planned to marry her. This blew her mind. The son-of-bitch had fucked her, knowing he was going to dump her but still he had to have his piece of ass. You could see this tore her apart. Her family likes the guy but she wanted his dick to fall off.

Her sisters had the hots for him and she hoped he wouldn't con them into having sex with them. This blew her mind also thinking about it. She said she has seen him after that and he had married the Miss Alabama girl after he got out of school. She said she got drunk that night and was so sick she would never drink again. She ended up in the hospital and had her stomach pumped. She said it was awful thing to go through.

She had dated a lot of guys since being here in town but the way she talked she only had sex with two guys, a Mike and the Paul guy. She never said she had sex but, the way she put it, you could tell she did. Really she never did said how much sex she had in college but I figured she had a few, especially when the guy Matt dumped her.

Well, I guess the talking about our past lovers got us all excited because we ended up in her bed having sex. We wound up spending the whole day in bed and then went out drinking that night. After drinking we went to my place and spent the night having sex.

While we had sex in her room, on the dresser was a picture of her old boy friend Matt and this pissed me off. I asked her why she had it. She just said that she did and there was no reason for it. She said no one ever gave her a different one so she just kept his. Well, I gave her one of mine in cap and gown from college.

We got married a year later. My business was doing great and she had a good job. Jill got married to Ralph a month before us, since she was a few months pregnant. As it turned out, we both had kids, a girl first and then a boy, the same as Jill and her husband. We would use each other to baby-sit if needed.

Shelly's parents live ninety miles from us and used to come for birthday parties and other occasions too. At the parties I used to learn Shelly's quirks from family talks. They said she never used to throw anything away and she would just keep things in what she would think was a safe place. But her mom or one of her sisters always found it. They said she kept stacking pictures in frames behind each other.

Her mom found out she was having sex with Matt and was pretty upset with her but then finally put her on birth control pills. Both mom and dad didn't like it but was better than having little kids running around in the family.

At the celebrations there was always a lot of talk about Matt and how well he was doing in the service as her mother and father liked him and so did the sisters. His marriage to Miss Alabama lasted only two years and they divorced. He then married an Asian girl and that lasted three years and he saw to it she was deported back to her country. I heard about all his promotions and whatever else was new about him.

I never really had any problem with Shelly except one time she got an invitation to attend some ceremony for Matt about some promotion and she wanted to attend it as it was only a couple hundred miles away from us. We had a good fight about this and I was really upset. I couldn't believe she would ask me to attend something like that.

I didn't know the jerk, nor did I want to. It might have been her first love, but he dumped her ass. So why she would even think of going was beyond me. He had his third marriage and divorce by that time. I heard this one lasted less than a year. I did hear it was the third marriage for both of them. Shelly and I ended up pissed at each other for two months before things got back on track like a normal family. Her family took my side for once and was upset that she had even asked me to go.

They told her it was just a friendly thing for Matt to do to invite her but was really ust an announcement that it was happening and not intended for her to actually go. However she couldn't get this through her head. Except for that all was well at the Wright household.

In our fifteenth year of marriage things went haywire. Shelly told me she was going to go up Charlotte, N.C. to do some shopping and to take in a show with some of her girlfriends and meet some old college friends she had that lived there. She said she would be home Sunday late. I didn't think too much about it and figured she would have a good time with her girl friends. She asked if she could take new my car instead of her five-year-old one.

I used to drive a new car from work all the time. I would use one of the cars for three months and then put it out to rent and get another new one. We had her old van that was five years old and I wanted to get a new one every three years but she liked this one so we kept it longer this time. She just didn't trust it on a long trip so I was letting her take mine.

We had sex the night before she left and she kissed the kids goodbye at noon the next day. She said she was going to pick up her friends and leave. I decided to take Friday off and spend it with the kids so I told work I wouldn't be in all day. We hit a burger place to start and then they wanted to shop, so we went to the mall for that.

At two my cell rang. I was thinking it was Shelly and she was having trouble with the car but it was Nick at work.

Nick said, "You don't have your car, do you?"

"No, why is that?"

jakewho69
jakewho69
386 Followers