Vanilla Passions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Candace laid in bed watching every move he made, she was memorizing his face, body, and expressions. He looked up at her, there were those beautiful brown eyes and she could tell that this was equally hard for him too. He smiled, headed toward the bedroom door and without looking back walked through it. Candace sat in bed, hoping that he would run back to her but also knowing he wouldn't.

She listened as the front door opened and closed, and then the silence. The silence seemed to laugh and scream at her, "You're alone again!"

Then next day Candace grabbed the pin that she had bought for Jody, and headed off to work. Candace wasn't sure how she felt that day, her emotions bounced between the joy of having one night of great pleasure but sadness of knowing that is all she would ever have with Cole. Candace felt if she could throw herself into her work again, then maybe with time she wouldn't notice the loneliness.

Once she reached her office, she greeted Jody and handed her the pin. "What is this for Ms Lee?"

"Jody, I don't let you know enough how much I appreciate all you do for me."

Jody smiled big and accepted the pin, "Thank you, but I love working for you."

"I know you do and I enjoy you."

"Would you like your coffee now?"

"Yes Jody thanks you."

Candace went in and sat down at her desk. She blankly stared at her computer screen. She didn't feel like being there, she shook her head and tried hard to put herself into the mode of businesswoman. Candace knew she would never be the same woman again and part of her heart would always belong to Cole. Her memory would hold Cole close to her as she held him that night.

Jody knocked on the door and brought the coffee in and laid it on the desk. "Jody, hold all calls for me please." Jody nodded and shut the door. Candace laid back in her chair and stared out the window, for a few moments she pictured Cole down in the loading area, his shirt off and the muscles flexing as he hoisted each bag of mail. But in reality he wasn't down there and he would never look back up at her again the way he used to. Candace tried to choke back the tears but a single tear escaped and rolled down her cheek to freedom. She whispered, "I love you."