Vice Cop Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lexa could only make out certain words... "Empire State Building...make sure we don't look suspicious...everything is ready.. firearms...FBI guys and cops...be careful...this isn't like back home..."

She figured they were discussing the importance of their terrorist mission and that because they weren't in a lawless city in the Middle East, and it was New York City, the most beloved American city, they would have to handle this with delicacy so as not to get the attention of those who would stop them. Lexa observed as they walked down the hall and on to the elevators. She followed them, trying not to look too suspicious herself. As she approached the elevator and waited for the next one, she called Hudson.

TWELVE

Hudson had stayed in another hotel. He was on his way back to the Empire State Building in a rental car when he received Lexa's call. He was also wearing the same clothes as the day before, his own business suit and because he had also overslept, he was now eating his fast food breakfast from MacDonald's.

"Hudson, I'm on my way to the Empire State Building where the terrorists intend to detonate a bomb at noon," Lexa said matter-of-factly.

"Whoa, what? How do you know this?" Hudson said in disbelief.

"I overheard them at the Waldorf last night. I've already called the Chief. We have to move quickly. We can't lose a minute. They want to blow up the Empire State Building with a powerful bomb at noon and we're not going to wait to get them an hour before! We have to get them as soon as possible."

"I don't think our guns will be enough to stop three terrorists."

"I know. That's why Chief called the FBI and he's going to send us back-up."

"Good. Alright, I'll meet you in front of the building in a bit."

* * * *

Omar, Sadira and Adil looked at their synchronized watches. It was ten o'clock now. They had hidden themselves in the Empire State Building after slitting the throats of two personnel in order to reach access to a backroom situated in a higher floor. Their bomb was small but powerful. They had blown up an entire hotel in Egypt and one in Canada. They were aware that this was the tallest building in the city, and it was really absurd to think that they would be able to make it collapse into pieces. This was the most famous building in America and they were doing something that, should they get caught, would land them in prison for the rest of their life or get them executed. Lots of people were in the building that day, the majority observing the view of the city from the highest stance.

"Listen to me, Sadira," Omar told her, "if they try to catch us, we must fight. We must fight these American devils and escape once again. Our war against the corrupted West will continue and if we die, it will be by our own hand and not by the enemy."

They set up the bomb in a slow process and waited... Lexa O'Neil and Hudson Banach arrived at the Empire State Building and with them were the Bomb Squad and seemingly the entire New York Police Department. They alerted everyone inside of the terrorists lurking somewhere in the building and that a bomb was being planted inside. The evacuation of the building was quick and they were ordered to leave the area and leave it to them to handle it. The air was thick with suspense and grave danger. Coincidentally, the sun had not come out that day and the weather was bleak and the skies grey. It was now turning eleven, and the attempt to stop the bomb from detonating was on.

Searching for the hidden terrorists was difficult. Not many knew the building except for the famous exterior and only a small handful knew of its design. Lexa and Hudson were standing outside the building with a group of cops when Detective Mason Holmes appeared. He embraced and kissed Lexa in full view of the other officers -- and Hudson. He didn't like the scene and turned his face away with a stern face.

"Miss O'Neil, Chief Hiller told me all about how you overheard their plot at the Waldorf," he said to her, his arms still around her, "the city owes you much for this valuable information."

"Were you involved in this case, Detective?" Lexa asked him.

"Not officially," he said, his eyes now watching Hudson's occasional stiff glances, "I'm only a police detective and involve myself in homicide cases, drug trafficking and vice crimes, nothing as big as this. But I'm involved now."

"What do you know about the terrorists?"

"They are working independently. They are radical extremists. Religion has nothing to do with their goals. They only want to destroy many landmarks in hopes of crushing Western power. We have never come across anything like it. Didn't the Chief tell you what he wants you to do next?"

Lexa looked surprise. She had believed her work was done. All she had been told to do was to work undercover and do espionage on the terrorists. She read the Detective's eyes.

"O, my God, Chief wants me to go in there, doesn't he?" she said, "because I know how they look like having seen them up close."

"You're to lead a group of cops and FBI agents into the back room we believe they've been hiding all this time."

She looked pensive for a fleeting moment and she turned to steal a glance at Hudson who did not see her. He was talking to the Chief who was standing next to Lieutenant Isaiah Dante. The entire Fifth Avenue area had been evacuated and the cops and FBI agents were in a sort of quiet urban isolation, the Empire State Building looming darkly before them all.

"I won't go in there unless Deputy Hudson Banach comes with me," Lexa said.

"But, Miss O'Neil, he --"

"He is a wonderful undercover cop. We have already accomplished much. I...I would feel safer with him."

Mason studied Lexa's face. He read in her eyes a look of admiration for Hudson and he felt a stirring jealousy grow in him. Hudson was always involved with her one way or another, whether it was by the Chief's doing or her own. He knew that if Hudson did something heroic that day, she'd admire him even more, as would all New York.

"I don't see why I can't come with you, Miss O'Neil," Mason said to her.

"You're wanted here to answer questions," she pointed out, "please do as I say."

He was silent and then he nodded his head in the affirmative.

THIRTEEN

Hudson burst into the lobby of the Empire State Building armed with his best gun. At his side was Lexa O'Neil with her own gun. Behind them were FBI agents and the Bomb Squad. Everyone began to run as swiftly as their feet could carry them. They each took different elevators, making use of all of them, and began their search for the hidden terrorists. Floor to floor, room to room, they searched frantically, bursting open doors, behind walls and corners, in the bathrooms and in the many different chambers.

Outside, Detective Mason Holmes, Chief Barry Hiller and the rest of the cops were ready to spring into action if they were called for back-up. As anticipation grew, everyone grew restless. The Chief began to chew his favorite brand of gum and Mason began to smoke a cigarette.

"You think it was wise to let Banach in there?" Mason said to the Chief, "it wasn't that long ago that he was a rookie cop."

"What's your interest in Mr. Banach?" said the Chief, "he's far from being a klutz cop, Detective. He's our best guy and he'll do great, you'll see."

Back inside the building, Hudson and Lexa burst inside a room on a higher floor. They carefully sneaked inside, trying not to make any noise, slowing their pace. Their eyes darted everywhere. Not only were their eyes alert, but their ears, straining their hearing for any sudden noises. From behind drapes, Adil leapt over Hudson Banach. A physical fight followed and soon they were grappling on the floor. Adil attempted to get Hudson's gun. They grunted as they struggled against each other, and Lexa suddenly noticed that Omar and Sadira raced out of the room from their own hidden spot.

Hudson subdued Adil and another officer put the cuffs on him. He was taken away by an FBI agent who commenced his interrogation. Acting quickly, Hudson ran after Lexa and the others who were chasing Omar and Sadira. In their anger, Omar and Sadira fired at the officers and agents chasing them. They were carrying militaristic firearms and the shots instantly killed some of the officers. Two agents fell down dead.

"Christ, fuck," said the other officers.

Screams rose into the air as the firing continued. Hudson and Lexa were not injured and continued to chase Omar and Sadira themselves. Up a long flight of stairs they went, firing at one another. Lexa's lithe and fast-moving body was able to dodge the fire. Hudson was lucky he wasn't shot. The long stairway seemed to reach into the sky until finally they were all on the 86th Floor, where the Observation Deck stood.

"Cease firing now," Hudson commanded, his voice choked with feeling, "this all ends now. You're on the news as we speak. The NYPD is here and the FBI and there's no way out of this. Put the weapons down and put your hands over your heads."

Omar cursed in his native tongue and leapt on Hudson, while an equally crazed Sadira jumped on top of Lexa. They wrestled each other. It was a dangerous fight. They moved too closely to the edge of the building's sides. Below, the streets seemed small and the people and cars seemed like ants on the street. A panoramic view of the city lay before their eyes and it was breathtaking. Hudson and Lexa's blood raced. They had never done anything like this and doubted they'd live.

"Give me the weapon," Hudson repeated like a mantra, in his strongest, deepest, angriest voice, "give me the weapon now."

Fists flew. Hudson took some punches and blows but provided Omar with an equally heavy beating. The guns slipped from their hands. Lexa had subdued Sadira and taken her gun. She called the other cops on her device.

"We're at the Observation Deck of the building and I've got the woman," she said, "Deputy Banach is fighting off the leader."

Now Hudson and Omar were fighting over a rail and before long the predictable thing happened. One of them fell having reached the Tower. It was Omar.

"NO!!" cried Sadira, upon seeing him fall to his death from so high an elevation.

She was flooded with tears and hysteria. She struggled against Lexa's grip and slipped away, leaping to her death, joining the man she loved....

* * * *

Only Adil, last name Sharif, was arrested and sent to prison, a specialized prison on an island where only the most inhuman monsters were locked up. The events made headlines and it was all over the news. Lexa and Hudson were interviewed and asked about how they did their part to stop them. The next day, the Chief was glowing with pride and joy. In the morning briefing at the station, he praised Hudson and Lexa and officially hailed them as their most important cops. They were now able to do whatever they wished.

"If you want to become a detective, that's doable," said the Chief to Hudson, "but you need to be tested first, like all detectives in a lengthy program. If detective work isn't your thing, you can definately join the Vice Squad as a Sargeant like you've wanted.. You can still do undercover cop work and even bounty hunting but that too would require other tests to see if it suits you."

Hudson was beyond himself with pride and he weighed his options with careful consideration. He knew it was completely out of line and a bit ridiculous but he figured, since he was single and had no wife or kids and had more time --

"Chief, I'd like to be able to do any type of job you give me -- undercover work, bounty hunting, Vice Squad -"

"No cop has done as much as you, Banach," the Chief replied, "and truly it's never done before but you're an exception. Alright, I'm going to say yes. But remember, it won't always be med giving you these missions. You're going to be borrowed by the FBI or CIA or some other agency if they need you from now on. You are now in the big leagues, Hudson. Congratulations."

In another room at the station, Detective Mason and Lexa were kissing deeply. He held her in her arms in his office and they had drawn the blinds. She was in her cop uniform and he was in his suit. They had been dating for only a few weeks off and on. Their duties did not allow them much time to spend together.

"You're a star now, Lexa," he said to her, "and I'm just as proud of you as everyone in New York. But what I'd like is one special night out. I owe it to you."

"I don't think I'll have any free time soon," she said, "but we'll work on something."

In all their time together, they had only kissed and made out. They stared at one another with passive eyes. Outside Detective Mason Holmes' office, the sounds of the other cops coming in and out and the usual activities were heard. Sometimes it was some laughter, police jargon, questioning arrested folks which included hookers and criminals. Lexa and Mason walked out of the office hand in hand. Hudson was coming out of the Chief's office and stared at them as they kissed each other.

It bothered him to see them together.

"Oh, Banach," said Mason upon seeing him, "nice job the other day. I didn't think you had it in you."

"Well as you can see, I do," Hudson replied.

He walked out of the station and out into the sun where he sadly lit up a cigarette which he felt he needed badly.

To Be Continued...