All Comments on 'Waiting for the Exeter Express'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments (Page 2)
nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - I like this story.

After years of abuse and indifference, she finally did the the right thing.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

A 5-star read. Thank you for sharing.

Hooked

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

Loved the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite understandable.Good tale. LP

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

Very well done. Poignantly described. Thank you.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Easily, the most idiotic story on this site. it must have been written by a 14 year old. If there were a prize for the most thoughtless, mindless formulaic cheating wife story, this would win, hands down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not the author's finest efforts. Btw there are lots of solutions to ED and not all are Viagra. The wife was a heartless shrew to husband and in hernown selfishness lost everything, taking her own life. She had serious issues.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
A Swing and a Miss!

There are several issues with this one.

1) The whole bit about deleting her number from his phone. My first thought was, "What?" I have never heard or even thought of saying, "If you walk out that door, I'm deleting your number from my phone!" That was weird. Seems awkwardly specific. Then we discover later it was a necessary plot device to make sure Eugenia's number is the "only female name" in his phone, so she could be contacted and show up at the hospital.

2) Throwing Erica's phone in the toilet. Again, awkward and weird. But, again, a necessary plot device to keep Erica out of the loop as to his condition.

3) Erica's suicide. This REALLY makes no sense. She is shown to be very narcissistic and self-involved. This sort of person NEVER commits suicide. And she loves her sons. Why would she inflict this awful thing on them? This behavior is jarring and unbelievable. So why write this ending? So we can bookend HIS attempted suicide near the beginning with HER suicide at the end using the SAME method. To be a final "statement", to inflict guilt, she would have to have known he tried to kill himself the same way. But it was a secret, known only to Eugenia and him. Erica couldn't have known! So this makes even less sense. I can see why the author wanted to do this "Literary Bookends" technique, but her character, as written, doesn't support this behavior.

This author is usually better than this.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
A Swing and a Miss!

There are several issues with this one.

1) The whole bit about deleting her number from his phone. My first thought was, "What?" I have never heard or even thought of saying, "If you walk out that door, I'm deleting your number from my phone!" That was weird. Seems awkwardly specific. Then we discover later it was a necessary plot device to make sure Eugenia's number is the "only female name" in his phone, so she could be contacted and show up at the hospital.

2) Throwing Erica's phone in the toilet. Again, awkward and weird. But, again, a necessary plot device to keep Erica out of the loop as to his condition.

3) Erica's suicide. This REALLY makes no sense. She is shown to be very narcissistic and self-involved. This sort of person NEVER commits suicide. And she loves her sons. Why would she inflict this awful thing on them? This behavior is jarring and unbelievable. So why write this ending? So we can bookend HIS attempted suicide near the beginning with HER suicide at the end using the SAME method. To be a final "statement", to inflict guilt, she would have to have known he tried to kill himself the same way. But it was a secret, known only to Eugenia and him. Erica couldn't have known! So this makes even less sense. I can see why the author wanted to do this "Literary Bookends" technique, but her character, as written, doesn't support this behavior.

This author is usually better than this.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

A lot of things fit we me. The sad parts though

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Very good story and writing, thank you. I would have filed for divorce right away under "Abandonment" and the suicide(s) by train was sad.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is an enjoyable read.You made your M.C,the husband, react properly and immediately to her decision leave,not questioning himself but going right on ahead with moving on,making all the arrangements needed to accomplish a clean break. What was out of place was his attempt at suicide...also his wife succeeding doing so. Simply not warranted in either case,as you presented the scenarios.Aside that, all fell in place...5 stars..JZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I just knew Ric was going to kill herself , the light luggage was the give-away clue.

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

1 star - you lost me as a reader when the SLUT showed up at the front door expecting to to pick up where she left like nothing was wrong - NO WAY it would never happen. Even the mention of suicides were a waste of time.

HighBrowHighBrow5 months ago

What a bloody c—

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. You are an excellent writer, creative, interesting plots and the reader's time just passes quickly. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Why would Erica commit suicide? Would make more sense if it was a weird one off she was guilty about ir had temporary insanity (beyond hormones). But she was a narcissist for a long time and a shrike who was constantly tearing their marriage apart for years. Such people might murder someone when rejected but rarely commit suicide. Otherwise well written. 5 stars.

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

I gave it 3 - would have been a 5 but death ruins any story and especially this one. I dont believe that selfish people commit suicide and this person had no real reason to, the mc didnt have either but thats another subject. Suicide is a horrible thing to do to your family and she had 2 boys that she would never see graduate, get married or have grand children. For me, the story was destroyed by the death and I stopped reading.

Storm113Storm1132 months ago

4*, would've been 5, but the suicide didn't make sense.

WargamerWargamer2 months ago

Very good story never read it before which is surprising

5/5

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Loved it, a well thought out, from start to finish story, the characters were really good, nothing too over the top, a nice unexpected visitor at the end, I'll not spoil it, once again, thank you

joeoggijoeoggiabout 2 months ago

Such a great writer. Characters and plot superb in story after story.

xMulexMuleabout 1 month ago

2nd read, 4 -> 5*

If you can stir up that much emotion on a second read, that's worth an upgrade in my book.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Tragic. It resonates, the pathos and mirth. You have a way of narrating the heart and soul of the MC. (Well done.)

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Mostly good. Not happy with her ending or the fact that there's no payback Mr stiffdick.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

In the end the wife does the right thing…even though it is incredibly sad.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...

SIMILAR Stories