Waking From a Nightmare

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would advise you not to get your hopes up, knowing Wayne, as soon as interest is taken in re-opening the accident report, the evidence will mysteriously disappear."

"That's why I have spoken to my insurance company's legal department and requested that they conduct their own inquiry. I suggested strongly that a separate inquiry could establish that I was in no way to blame and they seem to have taken me seriously. They would love to pin the cause on someone else so that they are not responsible for covering my hospital and rehabilitation expenses, and I can get my excess and rating one status back. They have raised questions about it to the police without letting on the reason for their interest, just tying up some loose ends, and have requested a copy of the police report and any corroborating data, like accident scene photographs, that would provide confirmation of the police report."

"When do you expect that they'll have that?"

"Today, or tomorrow at the latest."

"Good. What are your plans for while you're here?"

"Apart from catching up with Mum and Dad and you guys, not a lot."

"Good, you're having dinner here with us tonight, nothing formal so you can leave your three piece suit and patent leather dancing pumps at home, jeans and tee shirt, it'll be a barbeque, so sitting around and eating from a tray on your lap will be it."

"Good, if there's one thing that I'm getting good at it's eating from a tray on my lap."

"I'll take you home, I'm sure that your parents are wondering where you are."

"Okay, I'll see you tonight." I told her parents as I wheeled myself towards Melanie's car.

"Shit!" Melanie was looking in her rear vision mirror.

"What's the problem?"

"Stupid fucking Wayne, when will he ever give up? I just wish that he'd leave me alone."

"Don't tell me that he's been giving you a hard time as well."

"Yes, ever since you and Rachel got married he has been trying to hit on me, I'm sick of fighting him off."

"Hopefully you won't have to for much longer."

"Oh fuck."

"What now?" I couldn't look over my shoulder at what she was looking at in her mirror.

"He's going to pull me over."

"Do it, don't give him a reason to give you a hard time." His siren went and she pulled into the kerb.

He pulled his car in front of hers and stepped out. I recognised his swagger as he walked back to us. He didn't pull in behind us so that the in-car camera wasn't recording what was about to happen. He stopped beside the car and tapped on Melanie's window, indicating that she should wind it down.

"What's the problem officer, did I do something wrong."

"Don't be smart Melanie, I could make life tough for you. What are you doing with the murdering cripple here?" He said, indicating me.

"If by murdering cripple you mean Gavin here, I'm his sister-in-law and have every right to be with him. I'm also his therapist while he's in town, I have been asked by his treating doctor to take over his rehab while he's here. Is there a problem with that?"

"Just be careful, don't get into his car with him or he'll murder you as well."

"I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself, and choosing whose car I can, and can't, get into."

"Don't say that I didn't warn you." He swaggered off.

"Well that was intriguing, I must say. The guy has lost any smarts he might have had if he thinks that he can push us around like that."

"He's been getting plenty of practice. I can't even have dinner with a guy without him inflicting himself on us. I have to wait for a new guy to come into town to get a date these days."

"Why have you allowed it to go on like this?"

"I'm biding my time, when I make my move I want maximum impact, I want him crucified. I want him to pay for what he has done to you. He can't do that to the man I love and get away with it."

"The man you what?" Was I hearing her correctly?

"I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember, don't tell me you never realised that?"

"I sort of got the impression, going by the way that you and I carried on, that you and I had a special kind of relationship, but love, no, that one slipped by me."

"Well you'd better get used to it, I don't have a rival anymore."

"I'm afraid that I won't be much use to you, sexually that is, I can't get it up any more."

"You have fingers don't you, and a tongue?"

"Well, yes, I have those and they work, but what about kids, you'll probably be wanting kids in due course."

"There are ways around that. In my training we were taught how to assist paraplegics to have penetrative sex with their partners. They mightn't be able to feel much but their partners can feel something and they can ejaculate successfully. Para's have fathered children in the past, so there's absolutely no reason why you won't be able to."

I was saved from responding when she pulled into our driveway. Mum was out the door even before we stopped. "Beth rang, what's been happening?"

"I had a small run-in with the long arm of the law. Honestly if his arm was any longer he'd be dragging his knuckles on the ground, the guy's impossible."

"The sooner that he gets transferred out the better." Mum said.

"But he's been told that he was to be transferred out on a number of occasions and he's managed to avoid it by telling the powers that be that he has to look after his sick mother."

"That's bullshit, apart from having to put up with the stress of his stupidity, there's not a thing wrong with her. If he was to be transferred she'd be a lot less stressed."

"Now, now," Dad broke into the conversation. "If you can't say anything good about someone, don't say anything."

"It's going to be a quiet night." Mel said, and then laughed. "We shouldn't be bagging him like this, he can't help it."

"You worked with Gavin this morning, how is he doing?" Dad changed the subject.

"He's a long way off, but if he applies himself like he did this morning he'll get there. I'd like to see him stay here instead of going back to the rehabilitation centre, I'm sure that I can keep him motivated." There was that look again.

Mel stayed for dinner and when it came time for me to go to bed, insisted that she was needed to help me get ready and into bed. Mum and Dad either found nothing wrong with this or decided that I needed expert help. The help that I got was nothing like the clinical assistance that I got from the nurses at the centre, she insisted on showering me, and of course she had to strip off so that she could support me and wash me at the same time. There is nothing wrong with my eyes, she looked great, and this depressed me, I could do little about this. I thought that I could do nothing until she kissed me, and that changed everything. She kissed me on the mouth before moving down my body. "I want to see how far down your body has feeling."

"You're doing fine so far." I told her as she nibbled my neck, sending shivers up my spine. There was no loss of feeling in my nipples and I was enjoying this, but then I already knew that I had feeling north of the L3 vertebrae where my spinal cord was damaged, south was the problem. The doctors had told me that it was damaged, and not completely severed. How much it was damaged was yet to be determined, and Mel was determined to find out for herself.

She helped me, still naked, onto the bed. "I'll give you a massage, it'll stimulate your muscles and keep them working. Your legs in particular need work if you're to ever walk again, and then there's this." She lifted him up and let him drop helplessly onto my balls. Before I knew it she was trying her hardest to resuscitate my cock, but he wasn't co-operating at all. I was wishing him to but he was ignoring my wishes. I did however ejaculate, something that pleased her. She sucked him clean, swallowing it all down. "See I told you that you could make babies, we just have to manage it inside me." Again with the look.

"What do you mean, inside you?"

"You don't think that I'm going to miss out this time do you?"

"This time?"

"I wanted you inside me long before you chose Rachel. God I was jealous of her when I found out that she was pregnant."

"Look, what we had was a fun relationship, we teased each other unmercifully and that' was pretty much it, at least that's what I thought, but it appears that you had other ideas. Hell Mel, you were just a kid and I wasn't much older, I treated you as the little sister that I never had, but wished I did have. It was always Rachel that I was interested in as a long term, stable partner, I couldn't see us getting serious enough to stay together for any length of time."

"You have a lot to learn about us women. Oh I know that Rachel was very much in love with you, but then so was I. I know that she saw you as her perfect partner, but then so did I, but for different reasons. She saw your serious side, and that was perfect for her, I saw your fun side, and that was perfect for me. Right now you need my fun side to lift your spirits and to keep you motivated to walking again. Somewhere in there I will make my move on you and you'll not be able to resist me. I will have you, all of you and all for myself." To emphasise her statement she leaned over me and kissed me, a long, wet, kiss, filled with tongue driven passion that left me in no doubt as to the strength of her feelings for me. Somewhere, way back in the depths of my sub-conscious, pealed the muted calls of an alarm bell. I either didn't hear it or heard it and chose to ignore it, I had never experienced such passion.

"Wait here a second." She jumped off the bed and scurried out the door. I would have asked her how she expected me to go anywhere, but then I would have been wasting my breath, she was no longer in my room. It didn't stay that way for long, she was back, along with that look again. "I've spoken to your parents, I'm staying the night with you. Shove over." As I struggled to wriggle over to one side of the bed she was shedding her clothes. There was nothing fancy, or sexual about this, it was her getting her gear off as quickly as possible. Then she was in my bed, in my arms, holding me fiercely in her arms while she laughed and cried, all at the same time. "I have waited for far too long for this." Then it was back to the passionate kiss, in a way I was glad that I was incapable of fucking her, at least my sleep wouldn't be one of exhaustion.

My life changed when I went to the Insurance Company's legal office the next day. "Mr Robinson, I don't know what to tell you." Stanford Morrison looked at me over his glasses, he held the report in his hand. "I have looked closely at this police report and at the accident scene evidence, and there are inconsistencies in them. We eventually, after applying not so subtle pressure, gained access to your vehicle. Not only did your trip computer back your statement that you were not speeding at the time of the accident, but we checked the lane change warning system and the collision avoidance system, and both were working fine, at least the circuits and chips were working, we were unable to carry out real life tests due to the damage to the car."

"So where does that leave me?"

"Where it leaves you is this, I have recommended that my company pay out your full claim, including restoring your rating one. I have also recommended that they pursue legal action against the police and the officer that prepared this report, we will seek compensation to cover any and all costs, while at the same time, if you wish, seek compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as your present and future lost earnings. I am going to enjoy this."

"I think I might as well. Will I have to give evidence?"

"Yes."

"There are other aspects to this that may impinge on this case." I explained to him about Wayne and his stalking of Rachel, and how it was because of this that we were heading home at that time. Indirectly it was this that caused the, I couldn't really call it an accident, incident.

"I can understand why you are so bitter about all of this, I can also understand why you want your revenge, but first things first, we need to prove our case and then look to the reasons. I believe that we will be better off separating the two and leaving it up to the police to investigate and prosecute the root cause, his stalking of your wife."

"Whatever you say, I just want this over so that I can move on with my life."

"Leave it with me, you just work at getting better, emotionally as well as physically."

"Thanks, you have given me the strength that I thought that I'd never find again. I believe that I'll be walking again in no time."

I left him and returned home, I had to use one of those cabs fitted with wheelchair access. I had no sooner sat down with Mum and a cup of coffee when the front door bell rang, it was Mel. "Hi Darling." That brought a puzzled look from Mum. "How did it go?"

"Good. The Insurance Company is going to press to have the case re-opened, they have enough evidence to have the police report discredited, and action taken against Wayne. They are seeking compensation from them to cover their losses as well as representing my case for a claim for pain and suffering as well as lost earnings. This is going to be a battle of the Barristers, I can see that, and I'll have to give evidence of course, something that I wouldn't miss for the world."

"I'm going to enjoy this almost as much as you." Mel was standing behind my chair, her arms around my neck and her face against mine. Mum had accepted this. "Now, you're late for your rehabilitation session. Richard has fixed your car and I've brought it over. It took some getting used to no pedals, but once I got the hang of it I was fine."

"Does that mean that I have to take you back to work so that you can retrieve your car?"

"No, I could stay here all day and rehabilitate you in other ways." There was that look from her and another look from Mum.

"Let's go." I said as I swung my chair around and headed for the back door."

"You're no fun." Mel followed me out, she was followed by Mum's expression.

I don't know whether it was my improved confidence because of my meeting with Stanford, or Mel's enthusiasm, but the water in the hydrotherapy pool didn't seem as dense, I was moving more freely and Mel was smiling as I was lifted out. "You seem to be moving much better today, come on, I'll give your legs a massage to try and restore muscle tone."

I knew from the tone of her voice that the massage would not stop at my legs, it would proceed north to him, my poor, pathetic excuse for a him.

She began with me laying on my stomach and working on my hamstrings and calves, kneading them with a strength that would have come close to hurting me if I had any feeling there. From there she moved to my arse cheeks, my glutes, I couldn't feel the oil running down my crack and onto my balls, but she must have seen it. "Oops, I got a little carried away with the oil there. I need you on your back." She grabbed me and pulled my side as I tried to roll over, with a little combined effort we succeeded and I was there where she wanted me. She began with my ankles and slowly worked up my legs. I got the impression that she was dragging this out for as long as she could, and her smile confirmed this.

Hours later she arrived at my flaccid cock, she kissed him on the head, but he ignored her, she caressed my balls and they ignored her, she sucked him into her mouth and worked on him with her tongue and her suction, but he continued to ignore her until, eventually, he spat at her tonsils. This brought a smile to her face as she swallowed my sperm. "One day you'll be unloading in another hole."

"It doesn't seem fair to you to devote all your time to a helpless cripple like me. When I look at you I see a young, vibrant, and dare I say it, sexy young woman who has her life ahead of her, too much life to be tied down to someone like me. I can't do this."

"What do you mean you can't do this? Is there someone else? Please tell me that there's no-one else in your life."

"There's no-one else." I said softly, my thoughts brought jarringly back to my loss. Rachel was still in my life, not in the physical sense, but emotionally there was no getting away from her presence. She was my life, and from the time we first began going together no other woman existed in my life, not even Mel, at least not in my emotional life. Mel was there in the physical, we laughed and joked with each other, and she was fun to be with, but she didn't meet my emotional needs, or my physical for that matter, we had never made love.

"That's a relief, here I was thinking that I'd have to fight someone off to get you in my clutches."

"There'll be no fighting."

"Does that mean that you're giving in to the inevitable?"

"Is it? Is it inevitable?"

"You'd better believe it, and the sooner the better." She started work on my cock again. He continued to ignore her.

To all intents and purposes Mel moved in with me, to share my room. It wasn't official, she went home on occasions to wash her clothes, but she slept with me, she ate with us, she drove herself to the pool every day, only because I couldn't face the prospect of hanging around like a bad smell until it was time for her to come home, so I drove myself. It wasn't a lonely drive, I had company, a police car followed me to and from the pool, I couldn't see the driver but it couldn't have been anyone other than Wayne.

A month went by following this routine until I got a phone call from Stanford Morrison asking me to come to his office the next day. "It's good news." He said in response to my query as to what it was about.

It was good news. "We have filed an injunction calling on the police to re-open the matter, we have cited new and compelling evidence as our reason for this. The police have countered, saying that the evidence of the initial enquiry supported the court's decision in laying the blame on you. We shall see how they react to what we're going to present, it will be like taking a 6 inch naval gun to a tinny (a small aluminium boat)."

"I can't wait to see his reaction, Wayne's that is."

Mel and I sat in the courtroom as the preliminaries were dispensed with. Wayne sat beside the Barrister representing the police department. Every now and then he snuck a look across at us.

The gavel banged on the block and the show had begun. Wayne was sworn in and began to give his recollection of the accident. "I received a call about a motor vehicle accident and attended along with Constable Bradley Rickets." He indicated the other uniform seated at the table. "We found that there had been a collision between two vehicles, one a large tip truck, the other a small SUV. The occupants of the SUV were a man, Mr Robinson who is seated here, and a woman who was later identified as his wife Rachel Robinson. The evidence of the driver of the truck was that the SUV had veered across the road into his path and that he tried to avoid it without success. He stated that, as the SUV was continuing to travel across his path and showed no sign of deviating from this direction, he swerved to his right, and across to the wrong side of the road. (This is set in Australia where we drive on the left) If he had not done so Mr Robinson would have been killed outright along with his wife."

"You examined the scene of the accident and came to the conclusion that the driver's version of events were an accurate explanation of the events?"

"Yes."

"Did you observe any skid marks that would suggest that Mr Robinson had made any attempt to stop his car or to deviate out of the path of the oncoming truck?"

"No, there were no skid marks on the road."

"Not even from the truck, no brake skids or swerve marks to indicate that he had taken the actions as stated in his statement to you?"