Werewolves and Indians Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"Well, I needed to talk to her. I think she misunderstood something I said. Will you have her call me? She can call the bank." Lionel explained.

Larry didn't answer. He didn't have to. Lionel knew he would not give Kerri his message. "Stay away from her, Lionel. If you hurt my baby..." Larry froze.

Lionel's entire countenance changed. His eyes glowed, and pure evil shined through. "She is mine. There is nothing you or that pack of dogs can do to stop me. I'll bide my time, but our mating is inevitable. You and the other pathetic dogs will perish."

Larry for the first time was truly afraid. He had to save his child, and he was not sure what to do. At this moment a series of howls rent the air as members of the Kingsley pack filled the field. They stood together and dared Lionel to move. He may be invincible, but they could cause him undue amounts of pain. He looked at the pack of snarling dogs and laughed. "Bide your time, doggies. It will be over soon." Then he drove off. Marcus shifted back as did Jacob. Kerri was at the store and Ja'Mal at the garage. Marcus sent extra wolves to town and Larry called the sheriff.

Once Lionel had gone, Marcus needed to vent. He had the pack to check the ranch, and he ordered several members to stay with Larry. He needed to talk. He sought out Keamon. Keamon invited his friend inside. His granddaughter, Isla was home. She quickly made them snacks and left the two gentlemen alone. Marcus relayed the day's events to his friend. His story bothered Keamon. Keamon had been warned and he knew that the spirit realm were done with Lionel.

"You must tell him Marcus. He has no idea how powerful he is. The sooner you tell him, the better." Keamon exhaled.

Marcus nodded. His friend was right. Then Keamon smiled, "Think about it. As soon as he assumes his role as Alpha, then you can finally convince Patricia to date you."

Marcus huffed, "She's too good for me."

Keamon shook his head, "Marcus, she is exactly what you need." The two friends talked a bit more. It helped Marcus focus. He knew exactly what he needed to do. Lionel would not win. He would make sure.

*****

Marcus returned home to prepare of the coming confrontation. He worked on plans for hours when a soft knock interrupted his solitude. "Come in," he called. It was Patricia. She brought him an afternoon snack. He'd skipped lunch and she was worried. She didn't say much, just watched him. Marcus was quiet and looked at her in return. Finally he had to ask, "Pat, would you be interested in a guy like me?"

Patricia couldn't answer. Her heart was racing, she was speechless. Marcus took her lack of response to mean he'd insulted her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything. You deserve better. Forget I said anything." He turned away.

Patricia stood still speechless, wishing she had the words to tell this man he was all she ever wanted, but her hesitancy caused him to turn away. Scared and embarrassed, Patricia went back into the kitchen, castigating herself for being so incredibly shy.

Marcus was hurt. He watched as Patricia rushed from his office. His wolf howled mournfully. She wasn't interested and he'd embarrassed her by asking. He'd leave her alone. Besides, no woman deserved to deal with him. He was old, ornery, and had no sense of humor. Patricia deserved a man that made her smile.

He could no longer work, so he went for a run. Undressing and shifting, Marcus dashed off into the forest. He ran until he exhausted himself. He ran until he collapsed. He recalled his past and then seeing her. She took his breath away. She always made him feel. Since Papa died, they talked a bit more and he had to ruin it with his question. It was obvious, Patricia did not want him. She wanted someone else. He hated where his thought were headed. He hated the feeling of helplessness that engulfed him. But as much as he fought the thought, he too believed she didn't want a dark were. How could he convince Ja'Mal of anything when he doubted himself so greatly?

Dinner was served, and Marcus didn't come. Patricia was worried. She hadn't seen him since earlier in his office. She wanted to explain, tell him what was in her heart. But he wasn't here. She cleaned and waited. He never came. She waited and saw him return home later that night, but he didn't look for her. Saddened by the events of the day; Patricia went back to her apartment.

Ja'Mal was worried. Marcus was withdrawn. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked when Marcus finally returned home that evening.

"Um, nothing. I just needed to run, that's all." Marcus replied. At this point both Logan and Jacob were at his home and they shared a look. However, the look on Marcus's face was closed off and they knew to back down. Jacob and Logan returned to the townhouse they shared, and Betty was waiting for Logan. As soon as he saw his woman, Logan smiled the goofiest grin. Jacob was soon forgotten as the new couple focused only on each other. He laughed, but was truly happy for them. Shaking his head, he thought about Marcus and Ja'Mal. Now Ja'Mal had finally taken his head out of the sand and was with his woman, but Marcus was still tiptoeing around his feelings for Patricia. You'd have to be blind not to see that those two belonged together. He'd work on this. He had to straighten out things for Marcus as well.

The next morning, Marcus had an omega bring him breakfast. He wanted to work on a line of defense for whatever plot Lionel devised. Patricia fixed his meal and sent it. She missed him and it had only been one day. Marcus took the day to call some of the pack Alphas from neighboring packs. Most offered full support, while some took a wait and see approach. Soon, he felt he had enough allies that if things came to blows, Kingsley would not be alone. He didn't talk with Ja'Mal yet, but he would soon.

Soon it was time for lunch, and Marcus knew he had to report to the dining hall. He did, but he made sure that he did not bother Patricia in anyway. She didn't want him, and he had to accept it. His wolf howled mournfully, but he ignored his beast. Patricia knew the moment Marcus walked in. Her heart raced, her palms were sweaty, and she had to see him. He sat at his table alone looking so dejected. She wanted to go to him and explain, but too many others were around and she was too shy. Marcus ate lunch and then returned to his office where he finished his day.

He thought of Patricia. Tomorrow was the company picnic, so she'd get a break from him. He was sure she would enjoy it.

Saturday morning dawned and most of the pack members were going to the cookout at the factory. Patricia orchestrated a light breakfast, and everyone ate. Marcus joined his family, and they were aware of a tension in the dining hall. Patricia was careful around Marcus. He was polite but distant. She knew she had blown any shot at anything with him, so she resolved to either tell him how she felt or meet someone new. He would be away today, so she'd take her time and reach a decision. Many members of the pack went to the picnic, so Patricia made light lunch of sandwiches and tea for those that stayed.

Larry worked his ranch Saturday morning, but around noon he returned to the den. He went to the dining hall for lunch. He talked with a few of the older pack members when he noticed Patricia clearing the table. He could see she was sad. He thought maybe he could help.

"Hey beautiful, why the long face?" he asked.

Patricia jumped, Pack members rarely spoke with her. Usually they just left her alone. "Sir, Mr. Hardfoote, I'm fine. Did you enjoy your lunch?" she asked.

"It was wonderful, as you well know." Larry exhaled. "Patty, I remember when you were just a tall, gangly, knot-kneed teenager. You were always so shy. He's really shy too, you know." Larry stated.

Patricia blushed, "Mr. Hardfoote, I don't-" Larry kept speaking.

"Patricia everyone with eyes knows how you feel about Marcus. Sweetheart, he feels the same way. Don't be afraid. Tell him." He encouraged. Patricia smiled and thanked him. Tonight when Marcus came home, she'd tell him how she felt. Maybe it wasn't too late. Throwing herself into her work, Patricia started dinner for the pack.

She went to her apartment to think. She needed to either tell him how she felt or just forget about him. Before long the day ended and everyone was returning.

*****

Marcus returned home after the picnic tired. He actually had a good time in spite of Lionel. He was glad to get a good look at that guy. He didn't travel to town often, so he was not too familiar with its residents. Marcus quivered as he recalled encountering that man for a second time.

They arrived at the cookout before noon. Grills were fired, music playing, people just talking. He walked in with Betty and Logan. People looked, but they paid them no mind. Logan introduced his family to his coworkers. Soon more people approached, curious about the men that came with Betty. Quick introductions were made and several women were impressed.

"Girl, your son is fine. Let me holler at him," a lovely young woman stated. Betty told her he was taken but she was persistent.

She approached Ja'Mal and made her interest known. "Hey Baby, I'm Tasha. Why don't you walk with me and let me holler at you?" she introduced herself placing her body between Ja'Mal and Kerri.

Kerri was annoyed and Ja'Mal knew he had to handle this situation quickly. "Hi, Tasha, as lovely as you are. And you are lovely, I must say no. I'm not interested." He then took Kerri's hand.

Tasha was ticked, "Oh first your Momma and now you. Hmm," she eyed Kerri, "I should have known."

Marcus was stunned. He knew bitches often fought for male attention, but the women here, the human women, were just as vicious. He cleared his throat, capturing Tasha's attention. She smiled and moved over to him. "Um, are you a white-washed brother as well?" She asked.

Marcus was appalled, but he remained polite. "I am a lover of women, all kinds. And you my dear are one beautiful woman." He added. His words worked because the situation was quickly diffused. Tasha attached herself to him and he had a constant companion for the day.

Ja'Mal pulled Kerri off to the side to reassure her of his love. They'd spent the past few days together. They were together so much, that Jacob and Marcus teased them and said she should move into Marcus' home. Ja'Mal thought of Larry and knew he'd kick his butt if he tried anything like moving his daughter in with him. He'd shudder and Marcus and Jacob would laugh their behinds off. It seemed those two guys loved goading him.

Kerri didn't like the way the women watched Ja'Mal. He loved the fact that she was jealous, but she didn't need to be. His heart, soul, body, and mind belonged to her, no one else. He pulled her in his arms and reminded her of just who his heart belonged to. She relaxed and held on tightly. Kerri stood at his side; clearly signaling to everyone there that Ja'Mal Sims was taken.

Marcus was amused when several women approached him. He was polite and loved the attention. These women were aggressive. Several attached themselves to him and would not leave his side. Tasha acted as if he was her personal property. Soon several other women joined them and Jacob found himself surrounded as well.

The gathering swelled and the party went on. Soon, Byron saw Logan and had to speak. Although he appeared friendly, both Jacob and Marcus noticed undercurrents between the two men. The man was clearly interested in Betty. Ja'Mal, too noticed how the man watched his mother. Taking Kerri by the waist, he took position on the left of his mom. His message was clear, "She's taken." Neither male spoke, and Logan kept his wolf subjugated. Byron finally knew. He didn't stand a chance with this woman. She was taken. His demeanor changed, but he smiled jovially accepting the turn of events.

Byron spoke, "Man, you are so damn lucky. I should have moved a little faster." Betty blushed, her face turning a bit darker. Logan laughed, and it was the most amazing sound. "Byron, you didn't stand a chance. She is perfect for me."

Byron nodded, as the others looked on. "Well man, congrats. Besides, you're off the market, so less competition for me." He added winking at the women that had joined the small group. "Hey we will warm up before the game. Coach wants to talk to us. Meet us on the court thirty minutes before the game." Byron looked around. He saw some of the companies leaders arrive. He made excuses to leave. However, he noticed several nubile females within the group and smiled. Being a notorious flirt, he told the women that were gathered around that he looked forward to watching them cheer for him during the game then he walked off. All of the women were silent, and the males noticed that they took great pleasure in watching Byron walk away as they each admired Byron's tight derriere.

Ja'Mal pulled Kerri closer to his side and she laughed. "Who's jealous now, mate?" she teased.

Logan, growled, but Betty laughed, Love he has a cute bottom, but yours is the only one I want. I'm yours.

Don't ever forget it. he growled in reply.

Then the atmosphere changed. Ja'Mal and Kerri tensed. Marcus looked up and then he saw him for the second time. "Lionel!"

Lionel saw Kerri and Ja'Mal together and his expression changed. He was not pleased to see them together. Lionel spoke with company leaders, but Marcus was not fooled.

Marcus noticed how he watched Ja'Mal and Kerri. "He won't come near you. Ja'Mal, don't worry." He told Ja'Mal when they got a moment alone. Kerri had walked off with Betty and some of the women. They were on high alert. Not realizing his true status, Ja'Mal issued an Alpha command. All Weres in the vicinity complied. Watch him. If he gets near her, stop him.

"Yes sir," the wolves replied. Soon several pack members surrounded the women. The females joined the group. Betty and Kerri were aware that they were surrounded but not afraid. "Love, Lionel is here. Stay close to Keri." Logan sent.

Betty nodded, but Ja'Mal decided to confront the bastard. He had enough. He was not to go near his mate, his mother, or his friends. Marcus stopped him. "Not here. I want his ass to, but not here."

Ja'Mal stopped. Marcus knew it was the trust he had in him that stopped him. It was then that Lionel noticed Marcus. He hated him. The hate he felt for that man permeated his being. It was him who protected the dark Were. He would be destroyed as well. Lionel decided to test him. He walked around, circling the wolves. His goal was to approach Marcus. The closer he got to him, the more his stench made him gag. "Marcus, you must be new here. I've never seen you around." He opened his conversation. Marcus fought the urge to strike.

"I've lived here my whole life. You must be Lionel,." He added, making sure the cretin knew he was no novice.

"Ah yes, the Kingsley Estate, Uncle told me Mr. Kingsley adopted little black boy. Tell me, why isolate yourself. You could have mingled more with the locals." He suggested.

"Look Lionel, cut the bullshit. I don't like you and I know the feeling is mutual. Let's agree to stay away from each other. Now I'm here to enjoy myself, and you are ruining the day for me. Good day Lionel." Marcus walked away.

Lionel glared after him. He has a weakness. I will find it and destroy him. That will leave her mate open. I will take advantage of his grief and take the wapjanli. She is mine. I will rule. As Lionel contemplated Byron approached. "Hey, Lionel, how are you man?"

"Byron, hey. I'm good. Are you ready to lose? I'm backing the other team. You guys don't stand a chance." He teased.

Byron laughed. "Yeah, you guys won last year, but this year, we're ready. We have a secret weapon. Get ready to be whipped."

"We'll see." Lionel conceded, "We'll see." Byron laughed as Lionel dismissed him to talk with some other executives. He soon joined his friends.

As Lionel talked with the company president, he glared at Marcus. Not one to back down, Marcus glared right back at the bastard. He could tell that Lionel had a problem with him and decided to confront him once more. Jacob stopped him. "Man, let's enjoy the picnic. Forget him. We are watching him. He is trying to goad you. He did the same to Ja'Mal at the diner. Don't let him get to you." Marcus nodded. He forced Lionel from his thoughts and simply had fun.

Soon it was time for the game. He cheered his cousin on. Logan could play. This fact surprised many. At work he was always so serious, introverted, and a loner. On the court, he was a monster. He and Byron ruled the court. Their team won, earning the championship trophy. Byron was rewarded with several numbers, and Logan received a very affectionate and extremely public kiss from his woman. The guys hooted and hollered. Logan and Betty took the teasing in stride.

Lionel had seen enough. These filthy animals needed to be destroyed. He made nice with the company bigwigs and told them he had to go. The female, the one that kissed Logan, laughed. Her laughter made him even more angry. She was the mother of the one called Ja'Mal. None of the Weres looked at him. They did not acknowledge him at all. They dared to defy him; he'd destroy them one by one. First he'd start with Marcus. He was the leader. If you took out the leader, they would fall. The dark Were had some power, but it was unrealized. If he caught him now while he was weak, destroying him would be child's play.

Kerri felt her wolf become agitated. She looked around and saw Lionel watching them. We must deal with him. He intends to harm our people. She told her human. Her true nature rose, exposing the wapjanli, letting him know she was nobody's fool. He noticed her change in posture, her defiant glare, and her true nature glowing on her eyes. Lionel stared at the object of his desire and snarled. She knew who and what she was. That meant she'd fight. He'd loved breaking her. He smiled. Kerri, not being intimidated smiled back. You will fail. T'chumekia. I will never belong to you. her wolf vowed. He seemed to read her thoughts. His smiled vanished as he glared at the beautiful blonde woman. Soon he turned and walked away. He had to strike soon. She too was powerful, and he needed her strength.

*****

"Baby, are you alright? That guy... I know you're worried." Ja'Mal stated wanting to reassure her.

"Love I don't fear Lionel. He is a fool." She stroked his cheek, to keep his attention. "Ja'Mal, we need to mate soon. I can't protect you like this, but when we mate, I can keep you safe," she explained.

"Baby, look I want to mate with you, but others might..." Ja'Mal started to explain.

"I know this is fast. We've only just met, and started our relationship. It's been what, two or three days, since we acknowledged each other. Yet, I know that I belong to you, just like you belong to me. Maybe, I am moving too fast, but I need you Ja'Mal. I want to be one with you. I will wait." She giggled, "I won't promise to be patient because I love you. You are the other half of my soul, and I won't live without you."

He looked away and she could read the self-doubt in his eyes. Kerri exhaled. "You are more than what you think. You are great and powerful Ja'Mal. I can feel that in here." She placed his hand on her heart. "Take your time, but don't take too long." Kerry took a breath and exhaled. She seemed to be back to normal.

Ja'Mal was speechless. "Baby, it's still me, just a little but more. But she has a point. Don't take too long to decide."

"Kerri, come help us clean up." Betty called.

"Yes Ma'am" she answered before facing Ja'Mal once more. "I'm going to help my mother-in-law and you need to decide." She kissed him lightly before running off.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers