Werewolves and Indians Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sunnet drove them to Largesse Boutique, a local store, and Ms. Olivia greeted them. She hugged Serene, so glad to see her. She took Serene to her office and had one of the girls help Sunnet. Sunnet knew the young lady and explained to her that she didn't want anything fancy, just simple.

After she tried on several gowns, she found a simple ivory strapless sweetheart lace dress that accented her features perfectly. After looking at herself in several other gowns, Sunnet was speechless when she saw her reflection. The girl that was helping her smiled. Looking at the cost of the dress, Sunnet chose to go with a cheaper version. She was not going to the prom, but shopping made Mom happy.

"Wait, before you take the other one, let your Mom see this one." The saleswoman insisted.

Ms. Olivia and Mom came out and saw Sunnet in the dress. Serene cried and Ms. Olivia announced that they were having a sale. All prom gowns were 40% off. Serene glowed and Sunnet bought that dress. The prom was the next night, and she knew she was not going. The next evening, Sunnet was home when her mother recalled the dance. "Sunnet, I want to help you with your hair before your date arrives," she told her.

Sunnet didn't have a date. She had no intentions of even attending the prom. But for her mother, she'd go along. After a couple of hours, Sunnet was dressed and ready to go. Serene took pictures, and Sunnet posed with Chief Joe. Someone rang the doorbell. "Oh your date is here," Mom said cheerfully. "Joe, let him in."

Joe opened the door and Sunnet was floored. Jacob walked in. He wore a black suit with an ivory shirt and tie. He was so nervous, and in that moment Sunnet felt like a princess. He presented her with a beautiful ivory and pink rose corsage for her. She was speechless, and stunned by how handsome he was.

"Hello, Sunnet, thank you for allowing me to be your escort tonight." He said. Sunnet had always had a crush on him, and she kept her feelings hidden, but he looked at her and her mask vanished, Jacob smiled, and in that moment things were perfect. Then the doubt returned, He was everything a girl could want. He was probably doing a favor for her father because he felt sorry for her. They left and Jacob held her waist and helped her into his car.

"You don't have to do this." She explained. "I know you probably have other things to do. Besides, I know you are doing this as a favor to my father. It's OK Jacob, you can drop me off and I'll find a ride back home."

Jacob smiled, "Tonight, I have a date with the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. Sunnet, you have no idea what this means to me. So if you don't mind, we will go to this school dance and take pictures for your Mom. That is the one request she made of me. Then after wards, I would like for you to spend some time with me. Get to know me." He whispered, his voice so soft.

Sunnet forgot to breathe and they arrived at the school. She walked in on his arm and knew they made a spectacular couple. The night started slow, but by the end, she was exhausted and so happy. Jacob wanted to take pictures and they did.

Jacob wanted to dance, so he got her on the dance floor. She finally found his one flaw. He was a terrible dancer. Soon they decided to give the other participants a break and sat down. Jacob went to get refreshments for them and several girls came to her table when he left. Some were curious about her relationship with Jacob, but a few of the girls were being catty. Jacob returned, and the girls openly flirted with him. He was not rude, but he let them know that he was with Sunnet. His answer made her heart soar. No one had ever defended her before and she fell for him even more.

They talked, and she noticed people watching them. Jacob noticed as well, but he didn't care. He was with Sunnet, and that was all that mattered to him. Soon she wanted to leave. Jacob went to discard their plates when some of the males joined her. Sunnet was polite but firm in refusing their advances. She was relieved when Jacob returned. He made it clear to the boys that Sunnet was his date and if they were smart, they'd back off. They left the school, and Jacob drove to the cliff that over looked the desert. It was on the Hardfoote Ranch, but everyone knew Jacob was friends with the family.

He asked her to stand with him and she showed her the night sky. The moon was bright, illuminating the vast desert. Sunnet stood with him, leaning back into his embrace. Jacob held her close. For the first time, since her mother became ill, and the kids at the school decided to hate her, and fear of leaving her parents to go so far to school Sunnet felt safe. Jacob made her feel safe. She yawned, breaking the spell that wove around them. Jacob chuckled, "Let me take you home." He murmured.

Jacob drove her home, "Sunnet, you are the most exquisite woman I have ever seen. Thank you again for tonight, maybe one day I can take you out for real." He leaned over and kissed her temple. Sunnet's heart fluttered, and wished her a good night after he walked her to her door. Joe opened the door and greeted them. He spoke with Jacob and bid him a good night. Mom was sleep and the next day, she didn't mention the dance.

Sunnet graduated a month after the prom, and the day after graduation, Serene passed away. Her father would not let her stay with him. He insisted that she go and have her life. The pack came by often, Jacob included. Jacob was always there and she lashed out at him. He took it, wishing he could take away her pain. The day she left for college, he came to wish her well. Jacob pulled her to the side and held her for a moment. He didn't make promises. He didn't ask her to stay, but he didn't tell her to go. He just held her close. He told her that she was never alone, that he was always there no matter what. She left and years past. Soon it was hard to come back home.

That was almost ten years ago. She would not have come home now. But her father's doctor called and asked her to come. Dad was sick and he needed her. She was only supposed to stay two weeks. Then Jacob was arrested. Dad asked her to go to the precinct and help him. She went immediately and she was glad she did. Jacob needed her and she would not let him down.

*****

The outer office doors opened and Sunnet stood. The moment passed. Someone knocked it was DA White. He spoke and wished them good luck in court.

Checking the time, Sunnet and Jacob walked across the road to the court house. Jacob left to use the restroom, leaving Sunnet alone in the courtroom for a moment. As she was preparing her case, someone spoke.

"Daniel, what are you doing here?" Sunnet asked surprised.

"I wanted to be here to show my support for you and remind you that we're still waiting for you to come back." He answered embracing her lightly.

Sunnet smiled and returned the gesture, "Well, I for one am glad to see you." She exclaimed. At that point, Jacob walked in, His wolf growled, He's back. He wants our woman. We need to kick his ass, and run him off, his beast growled.

Jacob not liking the friendly way Daniel held his mate answered, No my wolf, not now. Not yet. She has not recognized us, but she will know who we are before this day ends

Clearing his throat, Jacob joined them in the court room. He smiled at Daniel and he thanked him for coming today. Daniel automatically let go of Sunnet and greeted Jacob. He was certain that the case would be resolved today. Jacob sat down and Sunnet sat in the seat next to him. Soon everyone else filed into the court room. Before long the proceeding began.

Chase stood and addressed the court. The judge appeared very stern. He would not allow any theatrics in his courtroom, He was only interested in evidence. Chase presented a clear case. Jacob Kingsley could have escaped from the house without killing Jerome. He had ample opportunity to get away, but chose to end the other man's life.

Sunnet listened and wrote notes. Marcus sat in the back of the courtroom, barely able to contain his beast. He wanted to rip Chase from limb to limb. How dare he try to paint Jacob as some vengeful killer. He glared at Sunnet. How could she sit and let this man speak these lies about his brother. He began to grumble. Patricia took his hand and sent,Love, calm down. He is doing his job, that's all. Soon Chase was done. He had to call forth his witnesses. Seth spoke first and stated that somehow, Jacob was tied in the back room. They kept checking in him and then he woke up. He walked over to see if he was OK when Jacob knocked him out somehow.

Sunnet had a chance to counter. She got Seth to admit that he and Raymond tied Jacob to a chair after they knocked him unconscious. They were acting on direct orders from their leader, Jerome. Seth left the stand, clearly discredited.

Next, Chase called Raymond, who admitted to torturing Jacob before he somehow got the upper hand and knocked him out. Sunnet crossed, and Raymond admitted that Jerome stated that he planned to kill Jacob.

Chase moved to have that statement stricken from the record, the judge threw it out. Sunnet was calmly. Chase called his final witness, Tasha. Tasha took the stand but something was off with her. Chase questioned her and she turned t the judge. "Your honor," she whispered, "I need to tell you everything," she said.

The judge told her to speak. Tasha told the judge everything that happened that night. She was upset over something that happened t the company cookout. Jacob was trying to help and she invited him to go to a local bar. They were just drinking and talking when Jerome and his boys came in. She knew there would be trouble and she tried to get Jacob to leave, but he would not leave her alone. The three men approached and a fight ensued. Somehow, they knocked Jacob out and Raymond and Seth carried him to Jerome SUVs.

They drove to the abandoned house where Jerome ordered them to tie both of them up. She stopped because she remembered everything so vividly.

Finally, Jerome was bored and wanted her, Jacob woke and she begged him to pretend he was still knocked out. Maybe she could convince Jerome to let him go. Raymond and Seth went in the back and did not come out. Jacob came out, and told them he was leaving. Jerome grabbed her and ran to the back. She prayed Jacob would go, but he would not leave her alone with Jerome. Jerome took out his revolver and started shooting. She had to attack Jacob because Jerome had to think she was still on his side. She was trying to get Jerome to stop shooting and maybe Jacob could run somehow. Jacob reached Jerome after he shoved her out if the way. She stayed down.

Jerome was still shooting when Jacob reached him and then he fell with a thump. Some men ran in and the police were called. Jerome's boys came out and she had to lie. If they thought she helped Jacob, they'd kill her. So she lied to the police and said Jacob killed him in cold blood. But that was not true. Jacob was fighting for both of their lives. Jerome was going to kill her too. He had no choice.

The judge called for a break. Everyone was told to go to lunch. He needed Sunnet and Chase in his chambers as soon as the court room cleared. Everyone stood, and the judge exited. Chase knew his case was blown, and he was glad. He only brought the charges because a man died and someone had to be charged for it. But he was relieved that Tasha finally told the truth. Maybe this nightmare could finally end.

Daniel stood and walked to Sunnet after the judge exited the courtroom. Chief Joe also walked over to his daughter. He and no idea Daniel had returned. Jacob was clearly not pleased with the other man giving attention to his mate. He sat and waited. Marcus and Patricia offered to buy him lunch. Jacob did not move. He wanted Sunnet with him. Sunnet faced Jacob and asked him to join his friends. She'd join them at the diner after talking with the judge.

Daniel spoke. He stated he'd wait in the corridor for her and join her for lunch when she finished. Joe smiled and decided to intervene. "Daniel, you handle property cases, right? We have an issue with some government officials. They have ..." he went on to explain how some federal people wanted to build a highway through a portion of their land that was sacred. It worked. Daniel hopped right on it and assured Chief Joe, that he would do all he could to prevent their land from being taken.

Marcus and Patricia insisted that Jacob join them. Keamon was with them also. Jacob looked at Sunnet once more, his wolf prowling, not wanting to leave her side. She touched his hand, "Jacob, go to lunch. I'm fine." She whispered. His wolf calmed down.

Jacob asked, "You're joining us, right?"

Sunnet smiled, "Yes, now get out of here so I can report to the judge's chambers." Jacob smiled, and then joined his friends for lunch. Jacob was quiet as Marcus reported to Ja'Mal. The trial has started. Sunnet is good, Ja'Mal. She discredited all of the DA's witnesses. It's looking pretty good so far.

Good, I'm glad to hear that. I'll send to Jacob, and Marcus keep me informed. Ja'Mal replied.

How is Logan? Betty? Marcus asked. He knew he was being released that day, but he and Patricia left early to be at court for Jacob.

Logan's with mother. I'm going over to tell them about the trial in a little while. I'm trying to give them time alone. We'll see you two when you get home. Ja'Mal replied then he ended their connection. He missed Kerri. She was with her father. He was moving back to the ranch and she wanted to help him. Ja'Mal planned to be with them, but with Logan being released from the medical center and so many other Weres incapacitated, he needed to be present in the den.

"Well, well, well, Jacob Kingsley conquered. Who'd have thought this would happen?" Marcus teased. Patricia kicked his foot and he yelped.

"Ow, baby. What was that for?" he asked grinning as she gave him a look of reproach.

"Stop it Marcus." She admonished him.

"Hell no, baby. I have waited for this for decades. Jacob whipped by a woman, come on. I have to tell Logan about this." He teased.

Jacob was silent, too silent. Marcus stopped joking. "Logan, I'm kidding. You know that right?" he asked.

"For over ten years she has been away from me. After the trial is over, she plans to leave me again. I can't lose her a second time." He stated. Marcus and Keamon shared a look. Patricia reached over and grabbed Jacob's hand. Marcus growled. Stop it, he needs our support right now. Besides, weren't you just teasing him she chastised her mate.

Marcus looked contrite. Sorry, but baby, you're mine and I'll always have an issue anytime you interact with another male.

Pulling his hand away, Jacob smiled at Patricia, "Patricia, I'm fine. I'll talk to her. It will work out."

Jacob, how are you holding up? Ja'Mal sent. He was relieved to know things were going well and hopeful that this nightmare would end soon.

I'm OK, just waiting to see what the judge decides. Ja'Mal, thanks for stepping up. I mean... Jacob replied emotionally.

Jacob, you are my family now. There is no way I'd ever run again. Besides, my mate would kick my ass, Momma would pull out her switch, and it would to hurt to try and move. Anyway, you concentrate on the hearing and let me know how things go. We're here for you Jacob, never forget that. Ja'Mal responded hoping to reassure his pack mate.

The two ended their conversation as the waitress came and took their orders.

Marcus, ever the jokester, had to mess with Jacob about Sunnet.

"So, Sunnet Dreamfeather, hmmm. I'm not surprised; you've been gone over that girl forever. But that guy, her lawyer friend, he might have other ideas." Marcus teased.

Jacob growled. "Marcus, I know you're joking, but please, stop."

Marcus frowned. Jacob was clearly concerned about the other man.

"Jacob, you have no reason to be concerned about him. Have you seen the way that girl looks at you? She's yours. As soon as you make yourself known, we'll be celebrating a new mating." Marcus explained to his friend. Jacob smiled and nodded in agreement. Years ago, he let her leave him, but now she was back and he was determined to claim her.

The sheriff walked over to speak, and wish Jacob the best of luck. They talked and someone asked about the investigation on Lionel's disappearance. After the initial investigation into Lionel's disappearance, the sheriff's department could only list him as a missing person. They could not find any evidence of foul play, just that he walked off.

After talking with several citizens, they came to the conclusion that he was hurt because the woman he was interested in chose someone else and he decided to just go away for a while. He parked his car and walked off. Hopefully, one day he'd return and the issue could be resolved.

The group chatted. More people came in and left. Some people from the plant came in and asked about Betty and Logan. Marcus called the office when Logan was hurt and told them Logan had fallen and was in the hospital. Betty was staying with him. They would be out for a while.

Byron made sure the proper paperwork was filed and as soon as they were ready, they could return to work. Logan had seniority at the office, but Betty did not. So the factory offered her the chance to resign and reapply later. They didn't want to terminate her, and by resigning, she could be reinstated into her position once she reapplied later.

Marcus shared with him that Logan was out of his coma and should be returning to work soon. Byron was relieved. They were worried, but because Logan was at a private facility, they could not visit him. He asked about Betty, and Marcus said she was doing well. Byron smiled. Marcus could tell that the other man still held feelings for Betty, but he understood that she was taken. Byron thanked Marcus for the update and left to order his lunch. He still wants Betty. Patricia sent.

Yes, he'll get over her. Marcus replied. Patricia laughed. Her mate was right. Betty was pack and after tonight, she'd be mated to Logan. No one doubted that. The group bantered back and forward as they ate. Jacob watched the doors. Sunnet should join them soon.

Meanwhile in the judge's chamber, Chase and Sunnet sat with the judge. He turned to Chase. "DA White, why are you wasting our time with this case?" he asked. "Clearly a blind man could see that this was clearly self defense."

Chase explained his position. "On the surface, it looks that way. But the truth is Jacob could have fled. When Jerome ran into the back of the house, he could have run out."

Sunnet interrupted them, "If I may interject your honor, he wasn't leaving Tasha. We all know this. He didn't abandon her that evening at the cookout. The men accosted them in the nightclub and he defended her. After he realized they were in mortal danger, he would not leave her there."

The judge then spoke, "From what I have read, Jerome opened fire on him, am I right?" the judge asked.

"Yes, but if he had left when he Jerome ran into the back of the house, then..." Chase tried to reiterate.

"The girl would be dead. You know it and I know it. Jacob didn't kill this guy for revenge. He was fighting not only his life but hers. I'm throwing this case out. DA Chase, drop the charges. The only thing Jacob Kingsley is guilty of is being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You two go and enjoy your lunch. We'll reconvene in thirty minutes." The judge decreed.

Sunnet and Chase walked out of his chambers, Chase faced Sunnet, wearing a shy grin. "Well counselor, congratulations are in order."

Sunnet smiled and shook his hand. "I'm glad that justice was served." The two walked out of the building together. Chase went to his office, and Sunnet went to the diner to find Jacob.