All Comments on 'What Could Have Been'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a sad, depressing story. The MC willing to throw away a wife and kids for a $20 ho makes him no better than the $20 ho and probably worse. He needed to make a phone call to determine the $20 ho was a lying sack of shit? What a effing moron.

A real man would’ve gone home and told the wife and convinced her to provide psychiatric help for their former classmate through and anonymous third party and then maybe given her a job on the assembly line if she got her act together. At least she would have a chance. Why not do something good? Even stupid girls can rock an assembly line - that’s what assembly lines are made for.

-5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The smartest guy in the school? More like luckiest guy in the school! That or poor Kathy Sanders had him in her prayers all night and all day while being a fucking saint or something. At least poor girl got him in the end, but imagine fighting for someone that hard your whole life and he still not only thinks about that whore from high school every so often, but he even considers leaving you with 3 little children for her.

KATHY DESERVED BETTER!

WillowghbyWillowghby11 months ago
Great Story

... from one of the Masters. So sorry to note that 'stang06 is no longer submitting new stories to Lit.

Rather than my usual post note, I'll just add the following:

Go Bucks!

(Yeah, it's an inside joke...)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I give this story 5 stars. I though the MC was very lucky .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Did Jerry's phone call to David actually have any impact on his choices? I hope not and he was just catching up with him. If yes, then the MC is an immature loser who doesn't know what he already has. Felicia was obviously looney tunes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The mc was kinda douche. I mean during the end he believed her and was telling her to let him think about it, what if all the things Felicia said was true? He would have left his current poor wife in a heartbeat.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Some of the comments are too hard on the protagonist- it's not unreasonable to think of somebody one used to care for now and then and just because he checked up on her when she was clearly on the skids it doesn't follow that he intended to cheat with her. If anything it seems a fairly measured and thoughtful response.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

to anonymous, I interpreted his "let me think about it" as trying to figure out some way of helping her out, not considering abandoning his wife and kids. Maybe the author meant she had such a hold over him that he'd consider it, but I chose to believe differently.

Stang... great tale. you did a fantastic job of screwing with the reader's sympathies in this story... a couple of times. First at the theme park, then at the party and finally the random meeting. The chances of long-term coupling diminishing with each successive occurrence.

I was still ready for a sad "what could have been?" tale right until the call to David.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous