Wishes Do Come True

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MaddieKim
MaddieKim
150 Followers

"Listen, sweetheart. I'm not going to let him spoil this weekend for us. I'd tell him we are married, but he knows I'm not. Most of the team knows I've been seeing a special lady who makes me very happy. Tell him you're separated if he asks. I haven't said your name to anyone. Use your maiden name. What do you want to do?"

Jenny took a deep breath, and said. "If he asks, I'll skirt the question. If that doesn't work, I'll lie. I'll tell him Brian and I are divorced." Jamie wanted so much to say 'make it the truth' but, with great effort, kept the thought to himself. When Jenny put her hand on his cheek and said, "I'll not let him spoil this weekend either," he knew she'd be his eventually.

"He was scum in high school. I didn't know that until after I went to the dance with him." Jenny paused. "During the dance, I kind of got the picture. I had to ask him to take me home. I rememberthat even though it's been almost thirty years ago," she shuttered. Ugh! "He asked me out several times after that, but I always said no. Has he changed?" she asked.

Jamie had to laugh. "He does his job okay, but most of the girls...er...ladies in the office don't like him. They say he 'leers' at them. Patsy, one of the ladies on our team, told me that she thought he was slime and if he ever came near her, she'd kick him in the nuts. So, no, I guess he hasn't changed."

Just as he was thinking it was time to get Jenny out of her clothes, they heard a knock. Jamie opened the door, then blocked the entry when he saw the visitor.

"I just thought I'd see if your lady was okay and ask if the two of you would like to join us for a drink down in the bar."

"Thanks, Greg, but I think we'll relax before turning in. We had a drink with dinner. We'll have a busy day tomorrow with the meeting in the morning and the dinner tomorrow night. I want this to go well. It will be a good finish and seal the deal on a very satisfying note." Jamie didn't move from the doorway and continued to hold the door.

"You sound just like Roberts. No wonder you're his pet. Oh, well, your loss. See you tomorrow. There's a breakfast buffet and then the wives can be shuttled to the mall if they want to shop."

"Yeah, I know."

"Just thought I would remind you in case you decided to stay in bed all morning," Greg said, laughing as he turned to leave.

Jamie turned and just shook his head. He never realized Lawson was such a jerk. He hadn't paid much attention to the ladies in the office. He never socialized with Lawson so he just never thought about it. He would not leave Jenny alone with him.

Crossing the room, he explained the next day's schedule to Jenny and said she could do what she wanted about the mall. A breakfast buffet would start at 8:00 a.m. He would be in meetings from 9:30 to about 2:00 or 2:30. The team would break for a buffet lunch. Those not on the team, wives and significant others, would be on their own. Those going to the mall could eat there. The van would bring the women back to the hotel at 2:30 p.m. Drinks and hors d'oeuve would start at 6:00 and supper would be served at 7:00. The dance would start at 9:00. And bed with her as dessert—Jenny laughed—would start any time after that. About half way though the explanation, he had joined her on the bed. He was caressing her and basically driving her out of her mind.

Chapter 5 - Jenny gets to know the team

Jenny began to stir about 6:15 the next morning. Jamie pulled her close and asked it she needed to use the bathroom. When she returned, she snuggled into him. She was beginning to be less self-conscious about her nudity around him. After some enjoyable wake up activity, they shared a shower and got ready for the breakfast buffet.

While Jenny finished her make-up and tried to tame her honey-colored hair, Jamie reviewed his notes for the meeting.

She was glad she had packed the new cream-colored slacks she had brought only days before. They fit her nicely and the black with green trim sweater looked good, too. Jamie seemed to like anything with dark green on her.

"You look very nice. The color looks good on you. You ready to meet the rest of the team?"

"Yes, just trying to control this hair. Don't want to scare everyone."

"I love your hair and you'll be fine."

Jenny moved to the window and looked down at the hotel courtyard. The landscape included a small lake with a waterspout, park benches, small ornamental trees, and paved walks. Their room on the third floor was low enough to see the landscape yet high enough to miss the imperfections. All the bank employees were on this floor. They had been lucky enough to get a room on the back side of the hotel. The view from the front side was not nearly as pretty or peaceful since it looked out over the street.

Jamie came up behind her and slid his arms around her, pulling her back to his chest. "What's going through that pretty little mind, darling? You're not worried about Lawson, are you?"

Jenny sighed. This intimacy is what she missed in her relationship with Brian. She could not remember Brian ever holding her like this. Jamie bent his head and kissed her neck, then his lips slid to her ear. She moved her head to give him better access and a tiny moan escaped her when he kissed her there again.

"No. Actually, I was just thinking this was a nice view and how nice this feels," she said, patting his hands. "Brian has never held me this way. Even when there was sex, it was just sex. There was no intimacy, no cuddling. This is what I miss the most in our relationship. This is something I never had." She laughed. "We better go before I make you miss your meeting."

"I could be a little late or we could just skip breakfast."

"No way, you need to be there." Jenny paused. "Not today, but tomorrow maybe when this is all over, we need to talk." As Jamie's eyebrows rose, she continued, "It's not bad. You may even like it."

"You're going to leave Brian," he said quietly. It was a statement, not a question. He didn't gloat, but his heart hammered in his chest.

Jenny said almost sadly, "Let's talk about it later." She turned in his arms, looked up and gave him a tremulous smile. She pulled him down and gave him a kiss before taking his hand and leading him to the door.

She would be his after all. His heart turned over and swelled.

When they stepped out into the hall, the Lawson's fell in step with them.

"What timing. Well, Vannoy, are you going to introduce me to your lady?"

Jenny could see Greg's confused look as he stared at her. She decided to be bold. "We already know one another, Greg. It's been a long time, nearly thirty years."

"Jenny? Jenny Carter?"

"You got it in one, but it's Jenny Matthews now." Turning to Jamie, she said, "I'm hungry. Aren't you going to feed me?" She knew this would not shut Greg up, but she had shown she would not be afraid or back down. Jamie smiled down at her and squeezed her hand.

"Five months ago, I could hardly get you to eat and now that's all you want to do." It wasn't true because Jenny ate like a bird, but Jamie laughed as he led her to the elevator.

In the elevator, Jenny turned back to Greg and caught him ogling her. He didn't seem embarrassed to be 'leering' although she could see that Jamie wasn't happy with his blatant stare. He slipped his arm around her waist possessively.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your lady?" Jenny asked.

"Oh, yeah, this is my wife, Wendy. She was two years behind us in school."

"I remember you," Jenny smiled. "You were a majorette."

"It's nice of you to remember," Wendy said with a tentative smile. "Hardly anybody remembers me."

Several of the team members were already at the buffet when they got to the room. A large table was arranged on one side of the room with rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, French toast, fruit, and about anything else you might want for breakfast. Coffee, milk, and juice were on another table. A podium was at the front of the room. Small tables, with pamphlets on each, flanked the podium. Dining tables, with settings for eight people, were scattered around the room. A flower arrangement was centered on each table.

Jamie introduced Jenny to several team members before placing his hand on the small of her back and steering her to the buffet table.

Jenny looked up at Jamie and said, "This is something else Brian has never done." When Jamie looked confused, she continued, "Put his hand on my back like this. I've read scenes in books and watched on TV where the man has led a lady this way, sweetly and gently, even a little possessively. I always thought it would be special to have it happen that way for me. Now I know it is. I also know how special you are."

Jamie lowered his mouth to her and gave her a light kiss. "I love you, Jenny," he whispered.

"Hey, you lovebirds, some of us are here to eat." Jenny turned a bright red.

Jamie laughed. "Jenny, this is my boss, Scott Roberts and his wife, Claire. Scott, Claire, this is Jenny Matthews."

Jenny's color returned to normal as they filled their plates. At the table, Jamie managed to put Jenny between himself and Claire. Scott was next to Claire. Greg took the chair next to Jamie and Wendy sat next to Greg. Patsy Hutchins and her husband, Steve, completed their table.

The conversation was casual with only a few references to the merger. Jenny and Claire hit it off right away. Claire said she couldn't wait to get to a mall without two teenagers wanting every new fashion fad in sight. She asked Jenny if she was going to the mall. Jenny had already decided she would rather spend the time at the mall than sit in the room alone, worrying about the dance tonight. She nodded at Claire.

It was obvious why Jamie liked Scott so much. They certainly seemed to have the same work ethic and camaraderie not usually found in a boss and his subordinate. Jamie had told her that Scott and Claire had their children at a late point in their life. Both looked to be in their mid to late fifties. Claire was stunning for any age and both of them had an easy banter with each other. Jenny watched as Scott unconsciously caressed Claire's shoulder. How sweet.

Jenny turned to Wendy after telling Claire that she thought the mall would be fun. "Are you going to the mall, Wendy?" Jenny noticed that Wendy had said almost nothing during the conversation and always deferred to Greg. This was no different.

Wendy turned to Greg and, when he nodded, she said, "I would love to."

Everyone at the table, with the possible exception of Steve, who was anxious to get to the golf course, noticed Wendy's apprehension.

Chapter 6 -- Jenny goes dancing, relationship changes

"I wouldn't be surprised if Lawson gives Wendy instructions to find out everything about you. Be careful," Jamie said as he kissed Jenny when they went back to their room. Jenny got her purse as Jamie picked up his last-minute notes. "But have fun. Do you need any money?"

He was already talking like a husband. Jenny smiled at the thought. While he tried to take it slow, he had made no bones about how he wanted this relationship to end.

"I was thinking the same thing; about Greg and Wendy that is," Jenny said with her head cocked. "And no, I don't need any money. I have plastic. Do you think Wendy could be a battered wife?"

"I wouldn't know. I've never hit a woman in my life even when I was so mad at Lyn that I thought I could kill her. Wendy has such a meek and frightened look that I'd say it's a possibility. You were wonderful, by the way; so full of confidence."

"I was nervous."

"It never showed. Greg was pissed when I maneuvered you between Claire and me. He wanted to be next to you."

"I know," Jenny chuckled.

Claire and Jenny's easy conversation continued on the ride to the mall as they got to know one another. Both tried to ease Wendy's discomfort. Jenny wondered about the relationship between Wendy and Greg had. She was willing to bet it couldn't be good.

Jenny and Claire just seemed to bond, and Claire said, "I can see why Jamie is smitten. Scott said he is so much happier at work."

Jenny smiled and said, "Jamie means a lot to me, too."

It was time to return to the hotel before they knew it. "I think I'll take a short nap when we get back," Claire said and Jenny agreed that a nap sounded very nice indeed.

What they didn't know was that the only thing that kept Greg from hitting Wendy when they returned was the fact that they would be going down to dinner later. He couldn't believe that she hadn't found out anything about Jenny. Wendy knew better than to ask why it was so important. Jenny seemed like such a nice person. No one ever asked her opinion on anything. Both Claire and Jenny had included her the entire afternoon. It was one of the nicest days Wendy could remember in a long time.

~*~*~

"Hey, sleepy head! You better wake up or you won't have time to get ready. I've got the shower going," Jamie said to Jenny as he picked her up.

They had fallen asleep in each other's arms right after Jenny returned from the mall. No sex, just a wonderful peaceful nap in the arms of someone special. Jenny glanced at the clock as Jamie carried her to the shower.

"Oh, Jamie, we don't have time for this. It's almost 4:30."

Jamie laughed. "I've already had my shower. I won't bother you, at least not now."

Jenny had hung up the dress as soon as they got back from the mall yesterday. She didn't think it was the kind of material to wrinkle, but she didn't want to take any chances. Jamie had only a second to retrieve the little bag with the emerald green panties in it. When Jenny took the dress off tonight, she would be wearing only those panties. Oh, yeah. He got hard just thinking about it.

Claire had her hair done in the mall, but Jenny knew her own head and always felt that her hair looked better when she fixed it herself. Her curls were hard to tame. She did have her nails done, though, when Claire suggested it. Wendy said she would do her own because it was too expensive to have them done in a shop. Itwas expensive, but Jamie had bought everything else so she thought a little gift to herself was in order. She chose a very dark cinnamon red nail polish and bought lipstick to match. Wendy had window-shopped while Claire and Jenny finished with the hand and hair bit.

Half an hour later, Jamie was dressed except for his jacket and tie when he heard the hair dryer start. Another forty-five minutes and Jenny walked out of the bathroom in a big fluffy robe, make-up finished, earrings on, and hair done. She picked up the little piece of green material. "I thought I left my panties right—Ohmigod! Jamie!"

Jamie smiled as Jenny realized the little bit of green material was a very sexy pair of lace and satin panties that perfectly matched the dress.

"A perfect dress deserves a perfect pair of panties, especially when they will be on a perfect lady."

"Jamie, you shouldn't have. No one would know if I wore my regular underwear."

"I would know."

Jenny put her arms around him and gave him a kiss, "Thank you, but it wasn't necessary. You know it's not the panties. It's because you thought of me and wanted it to be, I don't know, perfect. Thank you."

"You're welcome." But when he tried to pull her closer, she said no way. He would mess up her hair and makeup.

Fifteen minutes later, she was completely dressed and helped him with his tie. He was so sexy, she just shook her head.

"What's wrong? I didn't put this on right?" he said, looking down and pointing to the cumberbund.

"It's on right. You are just so damn good looking. I was just standing here being amazed that you want me when you could have any woman."

"It's you I want. And I have to look as good as I can because I'm going to be with the most beautiful lady there." He held her back at arms' length and scanned her slowly. "You are beautiful. I can hardly stand it when you're not near me, Jenny."

Jenny wasn't ready for this conversation to turn serious so she smiled up at him and said, "We should go."

"You know, it's only because I had my way with you last night and again this morning that I don't strip you and lick you all over." Jamie replied laughing.

They stepped into the elevator that would take them to a large conference room where drinks would be served before dinner. Both heard a voice yell to hold the elevator.

"You didn't hear anything, did you?"

"Nope."

"Me either." Neither could keep the chuckle out of their voices.

~*~*~

"Jamie. Jenny. You both look great. Jenny, that dress is beautiful. It's perfect for you; it's makes your eyes even greener. Youdo have beautiful eyes," Claire said as she walked over to them.

"I second that. Jamie, we must have the two most beautiful women here. We'll have to be on our best behavior or someone else will snatch them up."

Jamie agreed with Scott that they would definitely have to be on their best behavior.

"Hey! Didn't you guys hear me when I said to hold the elevator?" Greg snarled, dragging Wendy up to them. He did a slow appraisal of Jenny and a lecherous smile appeared. "You ladies certain look beautiful tonight." He hardly looked at Claire and completely ignored his own wife.

Jenny slipped her hand into Jamie's and gave it a squeeze. "Thank you, Greg. Sorry we didn't hear you. Wendy, you look very nice." But she didn't. She looked just okay. The dress was acceptable, but looked very 'cheap' and not in an inexpensive way. Her hair could have used a stylist. Jenny noticed that she had not done her nails as she said she was going to do. She wondered what Greg had her doing that she hadn't taken a little more time with herself, then decided she probably didn't want to know.

Scott decided to defuse the tension and gave the guys jobs, sending Greg to the second entrance to greet arrivals. Greg left with a snarl on his face. "I think I'm going to have to do something about him," Scott said. "He's going to get us in a sexual harassment suit yet." Turning to Jenny, he continued, "Jenny, Claire already knows you don't want to be left alone with Lawson. If he bothers youat all, let me know immediately."

"Thanks, Scott. Unfortunately, I know him from our high school days. He hasn't changed much. I worry about Wendy."

"Claire told me about the conversation the two of you had earlier. Greg's pretty good at his job, but I wouldn't trust him with anyone I cared about. If I ever get a formal complaint about him from a client, employee, or wife of an employee, he's out of here."

Scott and Claire circulated while Jamie and Jenny welcomed people at the first entrance. Jamie took a white wine sprizter from a circulating waiter for Jenny and grabbed a whiskey sour for himself. Time sped by as couples came in and others just came up to the door to talk. Jamie seldom let go of Jenny hand except to wrap it around her waist. It was time to for supper before she knew it. Since everyone who had a hand in the merger had been invited to the dinner and dance, nearly a hundred people were in the large room. Jenny realized that Wendy would not look out of place. The entire group was diverse and included CEOs to runners, so there were plenty of people who were not as well off as others. But she wondered again if Wendy was a battered wife.

"Scott watched Lawson at breakfast and decided to put placards on the tables," Jamie said to Jenny. "He had me help him right after the meeting finished today. We put two bank couples with two trust and investment couples at each table. It's better for the merger anyway. If cards hadn't been placed, bank employees would naturally sit with bank employees and investment with investment. We'll be working with one another. This will help us get acquainted. We're with Scott and Claire so you won't have to worry about Greg during the meal at least. The leader of the investment team and his first VP are with us. Scott put Lawson with Jackson over there." With a chuckle, Jamie continued. "I think Jackson was a bouncer in a former life and I've seen Lawson's face when he's around. I think he's afraid of Jackson. I know I would be if I ever made him mad. What Lawson doesn't know is that Jackson is a pussycat if you're considered a friend and we've been friends since I started here."

MaddieKim
MaddieKim
150 Followers