Wolf Lake Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not yet," he said and lifted her out of the bath. Gently, he set her on the edge of the tub and pulled both of her legs over his shoulder. Pushing her thighs apart, he lowered his head and took a deep breath. The scent of her sex was similar to the taste of her that still lingered on his tongue only stronger, more concentrated. He let the smell of her settle into his brain; the animal in him recognized the scent of its mate and came roaring to life. Nafarius refused to shift, wanting to take her in human form, and buried his face between her thighs.

Sam cried out as Nafarius sucked her clit deep into his mouth. She was wet and throbbing, every part of her body flooded with desire and hormones from her pregnancy. Roughly, she pulled at his hair urging him on while her thighs locked together, holding him to her.

Nafarius grabbed her by the hips and held her beneath him. He could feel his desire rage and a part of him wanted to tear into her, render her flesh and feast on her. He sensed an answering need in her and sought to give her what she wanted without hurting her.

Sam came at the feel of Nafarius' teeth scraping against the tender flesh of her clit. He didn't bite; just let her feel his teeth and the promise of pain. It was enough.

Nafarius lapped softly at the swollen folds of her skin, watching and waiting until the last tremors had passed. Gently, he slid her off the edge of the tub and into the water.

Sam opened her eyes to find Nafarius watching her. His eyes glowed yellow, a sure sign that his wolf was near, stirred by Nafarius' desire. Wanting to reach out and sooth, Sam slid herself down the front of Nafarius until she was once again straddling his lap. She could feel the head of his cock pressing between her legs. Maintaining her slow slide, Sam shifted her hips forward giving him direct access to her body.

Nafarius growled as he slid into her passage; made tight by her orgasm, her skin stretched to accommodate him before wrapping him in her velvet heat. Something that hot should burn, he thought, but the feeling of her wrapped around him, her arms about his shoulders, her legs around his waist and her pussy around his cock, soothed him as nothing else could.

Sam settled herself deeper and felt him shudder beneath her. Slowly, she pulled back, giving him just enough room to slide from her body but not leave her completely. Back and forth she moved, never rushing, always careful to let him feel every inch of her passing over his skin. The contrast to her own climax was intoxicating; Nafarius had forced pleasure on her while she rung it from him, until finally, with one hard thrust up, Nafarius released his seed deep inside of her.

It was several minutes before they were able to part. Carefully, Nafarius set Sam onto the bench that ran around the edge of the tub. It was narrow but allowed a person to sit in the water while bathing. They talked quietly, all the while bathing each other. They often bathed together at home and had gotten into a routine of sharing the soap and shampooing each other's hair.

Nafarius lifted Sam from the tub and carefully set her on her feet. Kneeling in front of her, he used one of the over-sized bath towels to dry her off. When he was done he dropped a quick kiss on her belly and rose to his feet.

Sam laughed as Nafarius scooped her up and carried her to bed. She hadn't slept on a real mattress in over a year and was looking forward to the luxury. They made love again slowly before finally falling asleep.

Early the next morning, Sam and Nafarius rose to find Alex, Seth and Jake sitting around the kitchen table. Sam and Maddie and made sure to stock the fridge for their stay and all three young men were busy making their way through breakfast. Looking at the empty egg shells, bacon wrapper and empty orange juice container, Sam realized they were going to need more food.

Noticeably absent was Maddie. When asked, Alex just shook his head and went back to eating. Seth and Jake filled the following silence with a detailed description of their night out. Apparently, the college girls they originally met up with did nothing but giggle. Quickly growing bored, the two set out to find some more...mature...entertainment. Sam took that to mean that they eventually ended up at a strip club but refrained from commenting. Nafarius simply raised an eyebrow, thanked them for not getting arrested or requiring bail and let the matter drop.

An hour later, Sam waited patiently in a sterile exam room, Nafarius a wall of impatience standing next to her. "I don't like the smell of this place," he said and not for the first time.

"It's normal," she assured him. Truth be told, with her heightened sense of smell, Sam had to admit that the doctor's office had a rather...pungent smell to it.

A moment later the doctor walked in. Sam hadn't known what to expect; unable to go to her former OB/GYN for fear of being recognized, Sam had called and asked for a referral. Dr. Winters came highly recommended but was a bit startling at first sight. With shocking white hair, a full beard and a rather rotund belly, he reminded her of Santa Clause.

"Good morning, Mrs. Wolf." Dr. Winters greeted Sam without looking up from her chart.

Sam shrugged at Nafarius raised eyebrow. The pack didn't use last names; as far as Sam knew Nafarius didn't have one and she couldn't use her own. When she'd called and made the appointment they'd asked for first and last name as well as an address. She'd given them false information for both and Wolf was the first thing that had come to mind.

"I see from your chart that you're approximately 17 weeks into your pregnancy." Dr. Winters glanced up, gave Sam a quick once over and went back to her chart. "However, this is your first prenatal appointment. Didn't know you were pregnant," he asked, not unkindly.

"No, that is, yes, I knew I was pregnant. I've been traveling and just recently returned to the States. Given the remoteness of my location, I wasn't able to see a doctor until now." Sam and Nafarius had worked on a story together, complete with remote locations should anyone ask. Dr. Winters didn't.

"Very well, let's take a listen." Shouldering Nafarius out of his way, Dr. Winters proceeded to listen to Sam heart and lungs as well as check her blood pressure and reflexes. Quickly, he jotted down a few notes before motioning for her to lay back. "Now, let's take a listen to the little one."

Sam glared at Nafarius when he went to step forward. It was clear that he didn't like the unknown male, no matter how jolly in appearance, touching his mate. Sam had questioned the nurse when she scheduled the appointment on what to expect and then went over everything again with Nafarius. Still, it didn't stop him from reaching out in objection when the doctor went to lift her shirt.

Completely oblivious to the danger at his back, Dr. Winters pressed his stethoscope to Sam's belly and waited. "Ah-ha," he muttered before moving to a different region. "Ah-ha." Again, he moved his stethoscope. "Hmmm..."

Sam stared down the length of her torso and watched as he moved across her belly. "Is everything okay?"

Dr. Winters stood up, patted her hand and stuck his head out the door. "Nurse, can you bring me the portable ultrasound machine?"

Sam reached over and gripped Nafarius' hand. The nurse on the phone hadn't said anything about an ultrasound. "Doctor?"

"Not to worry, not to worry," he said reassuringly as the nurse wheeled in the machine. It took a bit of repositioning to get the machine in the right place, what with Nafarius refusing to move or let go of his mate's hand. Eventually, everything was ready. "This will be a little cold," Dr. Winters warned as he covered her belly with gel.

A moment later a sound similar to static filled the room followed by a fast beating heart. "There we go." Dr. Winters turned the screen and Sam and Nafarius got their first glimpse of the baby. "There's Baby A, and there," Dr. Winters shifted the angle of the instrument on Sam's belly, "is Baby B."

"What?" Sam asked.

"B?" Nafarius asked.

"Yep," Dr. Winters said. Adjusting the dials, he captured both babies at the same time. "Twins."

Sam stared stupidly at the monitor for several seconds before glaring at her mate. "What was that you said about not giving birth to a litter of pups?"

Ignoring her comment, Nafarius met her glare with one of his own.

"Would you like to know what you're having?" Dr. Winters broke in.

"Yes." Nafarius said.

"No." Sam said.

"Hmmm..." Dr. Winters continued checking the babies. "There is plenty of time to decide. I'll want to see you once a month until you reach 30 weeks, after that it will be weekly appointments until you deliver. Twins have a nasty habit of coming early. I'm convinced it's because they get crowded in there and eventually one shoves the other and out they come."

"Once a month?" Sam asked. "Dr. Winters, we live three hours from here. Our town has a doctor, is it possible for me to see her instead?"

Sam hadn't planned on coming back for regular visits. She just wanted to know that the baby, make that babies, were okay. After that she'd planned to return home and deliver among the pack, trusting in Nafarius that everything would be okay.

Dr. Winters was still watching the monitor. A couple of clicks later and he was handing Sam pictures of her ultrasound. "Is your town doctor a OB/GYN?"

"Family practitioner," Nafarius answered. "But she's delivered most of the town's children."

"Any experience delivering twin? Often times it requires a c-section." Dr. Winters warned.

Sam blanched at that thought. Nafarius, seeing her fear, gave her hand a squeeze. "We haven't had twins in a while but she's done a several c-sections over the years. At the very least she could monitor Sam's care until she gets closer to delivery. After that we can come stay in the city until the babies are born."

Sam wasn't sure if Nafarius was serious or just saying what Dr. Winters needed to hear in order to let them leave. In the end, she knew it didn't matter. Sam had given the office a false name and address and they made sure to pay in cash. They had no way of tracking her; whatever they decided could be dealt with later. Still in shock, Sam let Nafarius lead her from the doctor's office and into the shopping district.

Meanwhile, Maddie sat quietly beside Alex as he drove them out of the city. From the signs, she was able to discern that they were heading south. Other then that, she had no idea their destination and she wasn't willing to ask.

They'd spent the night lying next to each other, neither one of them slept but neither did they speak. Maddie, still hurt and angry waited for Alex to apologize. Alex, not knowing what to say, kept silent. It was only in the early hours of the morning that the idea for this trip occurred to him.

Alex hadn't said anything, he'd only asked that Maddie trust him and give him a chance to make it right. Reluctantly, she'd agreed and slipped into the passenger side of the car. Clearly knowing where he was headed, Alex drove with quiet certainty. His eyes stayed on the road but he was aware of every shift and sigh Maddie made next to him. He longed to reach out and touch her but feared being rejected.

Forty-five minutes later they pulled up in front of a small house. "Where are we," Maddie asked, eyeing the house suspiciously. It was a cute little cottage, painted white with blue trim and surrounded on all sides with a white picket fence. There was a small yard filled with bright, blooming flowers.

Alex turned the engine off but didn't immediately open his door. Turning to look at her, he explained. "This is my parent's house, I grew up here." Running his hand through his hair, he said. "Maddie, I know I screwed up - big time. But I can't go back and undo what I did. The only thing I can do is prove to you just how important you are to me."

Alex turned to look at his childhood home. "I hadn't planned to come back here, at least not yet. I have no idea if my mother or brothers and sister will be able to tell that something is different. It's not that I care or am ashamed, it's more that I just don't know how to explain in a way that doesn't get me locked up in an insane asylum.

"I talked to my mom yesterday, told her that I had a new job that required a lot of travel and that's why I hadn't been around. I'm not sure she bought it. I think she was more upset at the fact that I wasn't coming home then anything else." Carefully, Alex reached over and took Maddie's hand, sighing in relief when she didn't snatch it back. "I've never brought anyone home to meet my parents before, not even Sam."

Maddie nodded, unable to speak. She understood what it took for Alex to bring her here, to risk introducing her to his family. There was so much he couldn't say and she knew from talking with him over the past few months just how much his family meant to him. He was close with his mother, closer still to his brothers and sisters - of which there were many. "We don't have to go in," she said. "I know you didn't..."

"No," Alex cut her off. "I want you to meet them, I want them to meet you. Will you come with me?"

Maddie nodded and then waited while Alex came around to open her door. As soon as she stepped out of the car, Maddie felt vulnerable and exposed. "What if they don't like me?" She asked.

"Not a chance," Alex said tucking her hand into the crook of his arm.

Alex didn't bother to knock; letting himself in, he led Maddie over the threshold of his parents' house and into chaos.

Maddie was immediately struck by the feeling of home. The small cottage was filled to the rafters with men and women; all trying to talk over one another while scores of children ran under foot. In one corner a woman sat nursing a babe, both mother and child had bright red hair that refused to be tamed. Across from her sat two other women, both obviously pregnant. As she watched, one pregnant woman reached down and lifted a toddler on to her lap. So different were they in coloring that Maddie guessed that they were related by marriage rather then blood. Love and laughter filled the room to almost bursting.

So entranced was she that it took Maddie a moment to realize that the room had gone silent and all eyes had turned to stare at her and Alex.

"Alex?" Maddie turned towards the voice and saw a small, plump woman getting to her feet.

"Hi mom," Alex said and gave his mom a fierce hug. In that moment, he realized for the first time how much he'd missed his family. Being a member of the pack was so close but this, this was his family. "How are you?"

Rachel looked up at her youngest son; she'd just started to form a response when the rest of the family came rushing forward. The youngest of seven, Alex was the baby of the family and spoiled by brothers and sisters alike. His recent disappearance had left them all utterly lost as to what was going on.

Alex struggled under the love and attention from his family. He loved them, without question, but being the youngest had left him with not two but eight parents and he'd struggled to get out from under it all. That realization helped to push back some of the homesickness seeing his family had brought up and reminded him of why he was here. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet someone." Alex reached behind him and brought Maddie forward. "This is Maddie, my wife."

Maddie's gaze flew to Alex's face as the rest of his family went silent in surprise. She had expected him to introduce her as his girlfriend and would have been happy with that. She never expected him to introduce her as his wife!

"Wife? Did he say they were married?"

"I don't understand..."

"Certainly, you don't mean...that is..."

Alex ignored his brothers and sisters and focused on his mother. His father had died a few years ago; as the youngest, Alex had been the only one of his siblings without a spouse. It had seemed natural that he would stay with his mother and keep her company. If there was anyone that would take his announcement hard, it would be his mother.

Rachel turned to the young woman waiting quietly next to her son. Small and petite, with blond hair and bright blue eyes, it was easy to see why Alex had been attracted to her. Looking closer, Rachel sensed the strength under the quiet exterior. Looking from Alex to the young woman and back it was obvious that she had two choices, accept her son's choice in a bride or lose him forever. Extending her hand, Rachel said, "Welcome Maddie, I'm Rachel."

Alex breathed a sigh of relief and watched as Maddie allowed his mother to pull her further into the room. It didn't take long for his brothers to surround him, asking for details and offering up their congratulations. Not a single one of them had missed the beauty their younger brother had managed to catch. The fact that she appeared to be as sweet as she was beautiful was a bonus.

Alex and Maddie ended up spending the day with his family. The first few moments had been tense but it didn't take long for everyone to realize that there was nothing to worry about. Maddie seemed undisturbed by the large family, the questions that came from all directions or the myriad of children that constantly ran in and out of the room.

At one point, Rachel pulled Alex aside and asked, "Are you happy?"

Alex stared down at his mother and felt a fist tighten around his heart. How could he have ever thought that she would be anything less then happy for him? "I am." Looking over, Alex smiled at seeing Maddie sitting on the floor, one of his nieces curled up asleep in her lap. "I love her very much. I'm sorry we didn't wait. It's just..."

Rachel cut him off. "Love; it doesn't wait for anyone. I just hope that you two will consider allowing us to throw you a reception at some point. There are a lot of people that would like to celebrate your marriage."

Alex nodded. Realizing that, legally, they weren't actually married, he offered, "Maddie and I could renew our vows - you know, have a ceremony and everything with the family."

Rachel nodded, pleased. "I'd like that."

Here's hoping Maddie doesn't mind, he thought and went to gather his mate. It took them another hour to leave. Between his sisters wanting to offer Maddie words of advice and his mother weighing them down with food, it was all he could do to get them into the car and down the road.

They'd been driving in silence for twenty minutes, only this time the quiet was comfortable. "Thank you," Maddie said.

It was late; the roads were slick with rain and Alex didn't dare take his eyes off the roads. Still, he reached over and took Maddie's hand in his own. "I love you, Maddie. No matter what I do, and I'm bound to make mistakes, that will never change."

"I know," she whispered.

Nafarius left Sam sleeping. After her appointment, still reeling from the news, they'd set out to do some shopping for the babies. Nafarius had stared at all the stuff they supposedly needed and swore that it was a conspiracy by the manufactures. Sam just laughed and started loading up the cart.

He was actually impressed; despite her inexperience with babies, Sam seemed to have common sense approach to the things they would need. Given their living space and lack of car she quickly dismissed the crib and something called a 'travel system'. However, she stocked up on diapers, wipes, blankets and clothes. They only time she totally seemed to lose it was when she spotted a pair of shoes. Impossibility small, Nafarius reminded her that most pack children went barefoot. Sam simply ignored him and threw two pairs, one pink, and one blue, in with the rest of the stuff.

While they shopped for baby clothes, Seth and Jake ran down the list of supplies Nafarius had put together. Given the amount of stuff Sam was hauling back, Nafarius told them to have everything shipped. Roland already had orders to have a group of pack members waiting for them to start the job of hauling supplies back to the pack.