You're Not Finished Yet Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I do now," she sweetly smiled, and then leaned over and gently kissed me on the cheek, "Thank you, Mark; and I want you to tell those two women that I think they are the luckiest girls in the world to have you in their lives."

"Nah," I chuckled, "If anything, I'm the lucky one, but I'll be sure to tell them what you said, regardless."

Then looking at her watch, she smiled and said, "I'm going to get us both a cup of coffee, cutie, and by the time I get back, our students should be getting here."

"Please," I teased, "I think you're the cutie, not me. I hope you know that I've always thought that, too, okay?"

"Oh, really," she brightly giggled, "Thank you, kind sir."

"You're welcome, m'lady," I smiled, "And I take my coffee with cream and sugar, by the way."

"Brat," she laughed, on her way out.

~~~~~~

On the way home from class, and because I'd managed to save well over thirty thousand dollars while I was in the Navy, I stopped at the music store and bought a Fender Stratocaster™ electric guitar, with a Boss™ effects board for it, as well as a Fender™ Twin Reverb amplifier. I was going to need it to play rhythm guitar behind Eddie on some of the tunes we did where my acoustic/electric guitar wasn't going to be enough. I only spend a little over two thousand dollars after tax, which I would be able to replace once the band began to play more regularly.

Once the baby was born, I was going to need better insurance than what I had so; I made sure to let Mom and Dad point me in the right direction, where that was concerned. I wanted to be the best father I could possibly be so that Jennifer had as little to worry about while she was pregnant.

Once she had told me that she was pregnant, I began making plans right then to do all of the things that fathers are supposed to do. I made damn sure that I'd consulted not only my parents, but my grand parents as well. And when the time came, I certainly wanted to include Jennifer's parents, because it would be so unfair not to.

I wanted them to be able to rest easy where their grandchild was concerned; and even though I'd done all of this, I still fretted about meeting them tonight for the first time. However, little did I know that all of my fears would be put to rest that very evening?

~~~~~~

It was noon when I got home, and not surprisingly, I found Lynn and Jennifer lying naked in the sun out by the pool.

"Hello, my darlings," I smiled, walking out back to kiss my girls, "How was your morning?"

"We missed you, baby," Jennifer grinned, "You need to take off your clothes, right now, Mark."

"She's right, baby," Lynn cooed, standing up and walking toward me, "Strip, mister."

"Why," I asked, "Don't you two have class in a few minutes?"

"We're not going to day," Lynn giggled.

"Why not?" I asked

"Because," Jennifer replied, also giggling, "We fucked each other after you left this morning, but we still want some cock so, strip."

"Jeez," I teased, removing my clothes, "You two are going to be the death of me yet."

"Oh, quit your whining," Jennifer giggled, now standing beside me and kissing my neck while Lynn got on her knees and took my cock into her mouth, "You can be such a baby sometimes, I swear."

~~~~~~

Chapter Four

After a couple of hours of rested after my girls had had their way with me that morning, Eddie and I went to Jericho's to set the gear up. Because their going to be six people on stage, I took the whole P.A. as opposed to the minimal set up I'd used when we played in the park, and at practice.

We also took Tonya's drums and Lisa's amps, as well as everything else that was going to be needed. I also made certain that I took a Shure™ SM-57 microphone to mike Jennifer's Cello, ensuring that the whole spectrum of sound vibrations that resonated from the body of her instrument would be picked up.

I'd told everyone to be there at least an hour to ninety minutes before we took the stage in order to do a sound check. In other words, I wanted to make certain that the drums were mike'd correctly, Jennifer's cello, as well as all of the amps that were going to be plugged, line-out, into the P.A., were all at the proper volume levels.

Once Eddie and I had set up all of the gear, and placed the microphones in the correct places, I went ahead and got the levels set on his gear, mine and Lynn's, as well as Lisa's bass guitar amp. And because the mikes were already in place, all that was left was to set the drum levels, vocals, and Jennifer's cello.

~~~~~~

OPENING NIGHT

Tom had gone all out when it came to advertising what was about to take place that weekend. He'd placed ads in not only the town paper, but the college paper, the radio and television as well, promising that we would have a good crowd to play in front of. Hell, he going to need it to recoup what he'd promised to pay us that weekend. Still though, everyone who knew Tom, knew that even though he was an unassuming kind of guy, he could easily afford to pay us the agreed upon price. After we'd done our sound check, all of the band members, the girls for certain, had all gone back to their respective homes to change clothes

~~~~~~

When Jennifer, Lynn and I arrived at Jericho's, we were pleasantly surprised to find people standing in a line that stretched for almost two full city blocks, waiting to get in. Needless to say, my Jennifer and Lynn were dressed to the nines, as was I.

My two angels saw to that personally, telling me, "We want every female in the house to be drooling when they look at you so that we can laugh when you come home with us."

"That's a little mean," I smirked, "Don't you think?"

"No," Lynn giggled, "You belong to us."

"That's right," Jennifer added, "We don't want any of these bitches around here to even so much as think they stand a chance with you."

"Damn," I laughed, "Remind me to never piss either one of you off."

"Oh, shut up," Jennifer laughed, her green eyes flashing as she lightly smacked me on the ass, "We love you, Mark."

"I know," I replied, hugging them both, "And I love you, too, both of you, with all of my heart."

~~~~~~

We opened up the first set with Rick Derringer's "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo," followed directly by "Knights in White Satin," by The Moody Blues. Everyone in the band played their parts perfectly, and when I looked across the stage at Lynn, she had a giant smile plastered across her beautiful face.

Up to this point, the crowd had been extremely attentive and wildly applauded all that we had given them thus far. However, when we broke out with "Free Ride" by The Edgar Winter Group, they went absolutely crazy for some reason. Still though, we played it all the way through, not missing a single part or note.

We continued to rock for a few more songs until we decided to slow the music down a bit. And it was then when Lynn to played and sang "Angel of the Morning", the original version by, Merrilee Rush, and I followed her with "Diary" by the immortal David Gates, and Bread.

Of course the dance floor was filled with every song we played, but it was especially crowded on the slow songs. However, I will never be more surprised than I was when I saw not only my parents, but my grandparents, too, dancing past the stage with huge grins on both of their faces.

~~~~~~

The time finally arrived that we could take a break, and right before I left the stage, Jennifer took my right hand and said, "Come on, baby. I want you to meet my Mom and Dad."

"Are you sure?" I uncomfortably asked, "I mean, couldn't we...."

"Just come with us, silly," she giggled, stopping me before I could object, "It's not going to be as bad as you think."

"Us," I asked, "Who do you..."

"She's right you know," Lynn laughed, as she suddenly appeared to take my left hand, pulling me in the same direction as Jennifer was leading me, "Come on, Mark, ya big chicken."

~~~~~~~

Jennifer and Lynn escorted me to a table that a man and a woman were seated at, which, once we got closer to the table, there was no denying that these two people were most definitely Jennifer's parents.

The man had hair the same color as mine with eyes the same color as Jennifer's, Emerald Green. However, the woman looked exactly like Jennifer with the exception of her blue eyes; and she looked more like her sister than her mother.

"Mom, Dad," Jennifer smiled, when we reached the table, "I'd like to introduce you to the man I will love for the rest of my life, Mark Haynes."

Then Jennifer knowingly grinned at me and said, "Mark, these are my parents, Gary and Laura Bradley."

"Hello," I smiled, extending my hand, "It's very nice to meet you both."

"Oh, Jen," her mother sweetly giggled, standing up and taking my hand, "Isn't he the most handsome thing? It's so nice to meet you, Mark honey."

"Thank you," I politely replied, gently shaking her hand, "It's nice to meet you, too, Missus Bradley, ma'am."

"Nonsense, m'boy," her father grinned, standing and then gently taking my hand from his wife and shaking it, "My name is Gary, and my wife's name is Laura. Please, Mark, feel free to use our first names when you address us, son; we're all adults here."

"Jennifer has told us so many good things about you," Laura smiled, "And we want you to know right now that we're proud that she has someone in her life that loves her the way you and Lynn do."

"I love her with all of my heart," I honestly told them, "I swear to you, and I would die before I ever let anything bad happen to her. I hope you believe me when I tell you this."

"Relax, kid," Gary proudly smiled, patting me on the shoulder, "We fully trust you, Lynn and Jennifer, as well as the decisions Jen makes where her life is concerned, especially now that we have a grandchild on the way."

"Thank you, sir," I said, feeling greatly relieved, "I can't begin to tell you both how good it makes me feel to hear you say that."

"I also wanted to tell something else, Mark," Gary chuckled, "You guys play your asses off up on that stage."

"Thanks, Gary," I laughed, "I would be honored if you and Laura would allow me to escort you to my family's table to sit."

~~~~~~

After Id' introduced Jen's parents to the rest of my family, it was nearing time for us to take the stage gain. So, with that in mind, Lynn, Jennifer and I excused ourselves to go back on stage with the promise that we would all return on the next set break to say hello.

~~~~~~

The next set was even better than the first, because the crowd stayed on their feet the whole time we were on stage. Everyone was wildly applauding us after every song we played. However, I thought they were going to come unglued when I played the B-3 organ solo on Carlos Santana's "Oye Como Va", which, I'll admit, has always been one of my personal favorites anyway.

The whole band was rocking right along with one another throughout the entire second set, and I could tell by the looks on the faces of each of my band mates that everyone was having a very good time. It was very apparent that we were all experiencing that adrenaline rush that only comes from being on stage; and any musician who has ever done it will all, bar none, tell you that it feels even better than sex.

But when we decided to slow things down, which indicated that we were nearing the end of the set my sweet Lynn came across the stage to sit behind my keyboards while I picked up my acoustic/electric guitar. I got behind Eddie's microphone and then played as well as sang "Everything I Own" by David Gates and Bread; and when I was finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. But in order to keep the audience in the same appreciative frame of mind, Lynn stayed behind my keyboards while I still played my guitar.

And after placing her cello in its appropriate stand, my beautiful Jennifer came to the front and center of the stage. And while Lynn played the keys, I finger picked my acoustic/electric guitar so that Jennifer could sing "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks. Talk about bringing the house down; once we were finished with the song, the applause rang out to a near deafening volume, and it was then that I knew that "Pegasus" was going to be more than just some obscure band somewhere in Anytown, USA. We were destined for greatness, I could literally feel it.

~~~~~~

On the second break, the girls and I went to my family's table where Jennifer's parents were now seated. We were greeted by my Mom, who stood with a proud smile on her face.

"You all sound so good, babies," Mom giggled, throwing her arms around the girls instead of me, "And I'm so very proud you."

"Thanks, Mom," I said, "But I need to talk to the rest of the band while you guys visit with Jennifer and Lynn, okay?"

"Go ahead, son," my grandfather teased, "They're a lot prettier than your ass ever was anyway."

"Yeah, yeah," I playfully mocked him, making a hasty retreat to go talk to my band mates, "I love you, too, Poppy..."

~~~~~~

"Hey, Eddie," I smiled, as he, Lisa and Tonya sat at our reserved table, "Do we sound great, or what, dude?"

"You're damn skippy about that, brother," he grinned, as he stood and shook my hand, "I've never played in a band that sounded this good before."

"Thanks for bringing me and Tonya in on this, Mark," Lisa smiled, standing to hug me, "We really appreciate it."

"You're very welcome, girlie," I grinned, "You two have more than earned a place in this band as far as I'm concerned."

"Can I ask you something, Mark?" Tonya inquired, "You can tell me it's none of my business if you want to."

"I think I know what you're going to ask," I laughed, "But go ahead and ask me anyway."

"Okay," she giggled, "Is what Lynn told me about you, her and Jennifer true?"

"I don't know," I knowingly grinned, "What did she tell you?"

"I've known Lynn since freshmen year," Tonya began, "And she told us that Jennifer, you, and her all live together, and that the three of you sleep together and everything. Is that true?"

"Yes, it is," I plainly replied, "Why...do you have a problem with it?"

"Oh, no, not at all," she dreamily sighed, "I think it's hot, and I wish that I could find a guy and girl just like it, or should I say you all."

"Ooo, Tonya," her sister giggled, "I never realized that you were so kinky, nor did I know that you liked being with girls, either."

"Oh, shut up, I still like men, too," Tonya quipped, "Besides, you don't have any room to talk, because I know what you and Bethany Meyers used to do when she would come over and spend the night at our apartment last semester."

As Lisa's faced turned bright red, Eddie and I began to howl with laughter, as she smiled at us and playfully growled, "Fuck you, guys."

"That's alright, baby," Eddie flirted, "I think it's hot."

"Don't be such a guy, Eddie Owens," Lisa coyly giggled, "You need to learn to play that guitar a whole lot better than you do before you try to put any moves on me, pretty boy," which, of course had me laughing like the proverbial village idiot, while Eddie was the one with whose face turned bright red just then.

~~~~~~

"So, I understand that your mother and I are going to be grand parents," Dad dejectedly said to me, once he had the opportunity to talk to me alone, "Why didn't you tell us yourself, as opposed to letting us find out from Jennifer and her parents?"

"I'm sorry, Dad; I meant to, but I've been a little busy with the band, and school and all," I told him, "I hope you and Mom aren't too disappointed with me."

"Of course we're not. Hell, if anything, you mother and grandmother are tickled to death at the thought of having another baby to spoil," He half heartedly smiled, "I guess I just would've liked to have heard it from you first; that's all."

"I'm sorry for not telling you myself, Dad," I apologetically told him, "But I promise you that I'm going to be the best father I can." "After all," I added, placing my arm around his shoulder, "I've had a great example to follow my whole life."

"Quit being such a brown nose, dammit," he laughed, looking at his watch, "Besides, it's almost time for all of you guys and girls to get back up on the stage, isn't it?"

~~~~~~

We opened the third set with a song called "All That You Dream" by a band out of Atlanta, Georgia, called, "Little Feat", and once again, the crowd went crazy. This was also the set that we chose to do stuff from groups such as, Toto, King Crimson, The Kinks, and leave us not forget The Doobie Brothers. We also let the girls have their time in the spot light, when Lisa sang a couple of songs by Pat Benatar, and Tonya, when she broke out with some songs by the immortal Aretha Franklin. Of course Lynn and Jennifer shined when we play some Fleetwood Mac songs, however; none shined any brighter when Lynn played and sang, "The Rose" by Bette Midler.

And by the end of the third set, Pegasus had most definitely made a name for it self amongst the patrons at Jericho's that night. But still, when Eddie and I traded up the vocals on a couple of Bob Seeger tunes, he sang "Night Moves", while I sang "We've Got Tonight", and again, the crowd gave us both wild, standing ovations. However, the fourth and final set would be the one that was going to set Pegasus far above any other band that had been heard anywhere for a long while.

~~~~~~

It was getting late by the time our third beak rolled around, and both mine and Jennifer's family had gone home, telling us that they were sorry for begging out; but because they had all worked that day, they were tired, which Jennifer and I both understood. Still though, I regretted that they were going to miss the final set, which was the one that all of us were very much looking forward to playing.

I had promised the band that as each set played itself out, the music would only get better. And because of that, all of the really good songs were saved for the last set, in order to leave the audience wanting more. However, something that came to my attention during that last break was the fact that Jennifer was beginning to look a little peaked, indicating that she was either tired, or not feeling well.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, gently kissing her lips, "You look like you're getting tired, baby girl."

"I'm alright, my love," she wearily smiled, "I'm just not used to staying up this late, that's all."

"Yeah, well, you're going straight to bed just as soon as we get home," I smiled, tenderly holding her against me, "Is that clear?"

"Jeez, Mark," she giggled, playfully swatting me on the ass, "You're beginning to sound like my mother, or something."

"No he's not," Lynn smiled, suddenly appearing beside us, "He's just trying to be a good father, sweetheart."

"What would I do without you two," Jennifer smiled, hugging Lynn and I, "I love you both so much."

"We love you, too," I grinned, holding both of my girls against me, "Don't we, Lynn?"

"He's right, Jen," Lynn softly smiled, "We love you, too, baby, but you really do need to go to bed when we get home."

"Yes, Mother," Jennifer teased, giggling, "Shit, you sound just like Mark now."

~~~~~~

The fourth and final set was one that, like I said before, cemented Pegasus as more than just a cover band. We were given accolades which, Tom said afterwards, were like nothing he'd ever seen in the over thirty years that he'd been in the entertainment business.

The reason for it all was because we played the material that most bands are either too lazy, too closed minded, or purely incapable of doing. When I say this, I'm talking about songs like, "Ba Ba O'rielly", and "Won't Get Fooled Again", by "The Who", or others like, "Dust In The Wind", and "Point of No Return", by "Kansas", and "Roundabout", "And You And I", and "Close To The Edge", by the immortal group "Yes". Last but certainly not least, leave us not forget "Lucky Man", "From The Beginning", and "Tarkus," by "Emerson Lake and Palmer".