All Comments on 'My Man, My Marine, My Lover! Pt. 03'

by Apple_of_Eden

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

The story is awesome!!! And so are all of ur stories apple...u are gifted!!

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentabout 9 years ago
What a way to start the morning!

Thanks Apple. Talk about sexual healing, really got the old ticker pumping. I'm really enjoying your story and skill. Eagerly awaiting more......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amazing story

I have a boss who is a former Marine and i have the utmost respect for him and all the men and women who wear the uniform of the USA. Keep up the writing and the story line good work.

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thank you from Apple:

Anon@Amazing Story: Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I really appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the story. A little FYI: I believe the following is true, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!" I don't believe there are any "former Marines." Give your boss an "OOH-RAH" and make his morning.

My Dear RedRhythmicSerpent: You'd better keep that ticker pumping my friend; I'd miss you! Keep reading, there will be more "healing hands and warm hearts" moments. Thanks again for being one of the first to read and comment. Talk with you soon. I finished our other story and loved it. xo

Anon@Awesome story: Thank you so much for the compliments. I truly appreciate it and hope you continue to follow the story.

MastertronMastertronabout 9 years ago
you are on track

Being a purple heart holder, and going terribly rough road of rehab guided by my Nebraska gf, now wife of many year the realistic struggle here bring many mixed emotions up and compassion. Every vet needs a strong loving wife to keep life in check great job and great to read Semper Fi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
BRAVO!!

Extremely well written, subject matter research thoroughly completed as no mulligans have been present and quality material for those of us readers lucky enough to stumble onto your work.

As a Disabled Veteran, retired Navy Chief that enjoyed spending quality time "boots on the ground" with the Marines (MOS 0861 Fires) and all the SpecWar Bubbas plus never a dull moment when I spent some time at the special boat unit. When you get "dinged up" as I have dealt with in the past but not to the degree of our main hero character, it takes it's toll. 16 years later the 27 oz. of shrapnel that it took 4 surgeries to dig out of me can still cause some weird thoughts in my head besides the physical issues that were associated. IEDs ain't no joke, luckily for me it was teenagers with rpgs and they couldn't shoot for shit.

Apple, keep writing as your work is excellent in every sense of the word!!

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 9 years ago
Apple

Your grasp of the grunt mentality is absolutely spot on.

No Marine will shirk his duty and will walk into the jaws of hell if needed.

But that doesn't mean he has to love it.

The training coupled with the never give up mentality is what sees them through.

Just loving your ability to write a realistic and compassionate story.

5 well deserved stars lady.

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenabout 9 years agoAuthor
Apple's Special Thank You!

My Dear,

"Anon: Mastertron," You have complimented my story beyond my expectations by referencing a comparison with your own "struggles." If there is a "realistic comparison" then I have done what I intended. My prayer is that any 'mixed emotions and compassion' that was stirred up, find a positive outcome. Be well my friend.

"Anon: Bravo!" I did try to do my research "Chief." Thank you for noticing. *; ) Your comment, feedback, and oh yes! your lovely praise of my story and writing is most appreciated. Thanks, sincerely, for your service and your sacrifice(s). As I said in my intro, "they are many" and they go unrecognized by too many. Please know, that through this story, I make the attempt to recognize those who belong to the "ALL gave some, Some gave ALL!" band of brothers/sisters.

"MasterfulJim": Thanks for the 5*'s. More importantly, thanks for the "realistic and compassionate" comment. They are always part of my "main goal" in storytelling.

My Dedication to "ALL" armed forces at home and abroad:

It is not a soldiers mission

to judge or to decide,

but to Bravely carry out that mission

to the best of their ability.

It is our mission,

as they defend us and then return to us.

To Bravely seek out,

support, and be thankful,

To the men and women who willingly do so!

Apple xo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Not to worry

Let there be no doubt in your mind. I am staying with this story until the mission is completed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The Toughest Job...

"The Toughest Job Afloat: Navy Wife", when I was under arms the words were everywhere on camp; signs, t-shirts, posters. There is no doubt that the people we leave behind have a rough way of it. And sometimes, they are all that brings us back. The only reason we survive and the only thing that gives us a grip on who we were before. You, madam, have done all of those ladies proud!

georgeblackgeorgeblackabout 9 years ago

I like the interplay of the characters. You end up caring about them in spite of yourself. The sex scenes are steamy and erotic but realistic too. The author understands that good sex is as much between the ears as it is between the legs.

kalonaleighkalonaleighabout 9 years ago
realistic!!!

Your interactions with these two characters is fantastic. The dynamics of military life even without war and injury are difficult to live with, but add an injury to the mix it's almost impossible to endure. Only love, patience, perseverance can overcome!!! You have hit the nail on the head with this story.

vmc312vmc312about 9 years ago
So impressive

Such an amazing job. Your dedication and desire to produce quality is evident in the research that needed to be done. If you are not telling this story from personal experience, even if you are, the research that went into this and your writing skills are impressive.

I'm an occupational therapist and have worked with cortical blindness as well as so many other types of traumatic injuries. You captured the frustration of the health care provider and the will to do anything to help your patient realize that a traumatic injury does not mean the end of life but a change of life that can be conquered. There is realism in the term traumatic. Support from loved ones is essential in recovery which you express with such love and recognition of the small steps needed.

Well done. Looking forward to more.

(One tiny error is the OT addresses ADL not PT, no biggie in this context)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
More pleaseโ€”it's too good to stop

I love your writing. I love that you chose to focus on those who serve us far from home and risk their whole being. I've long thought that those who are injured are worse off than those who are killedโ€”they may suffer for years and years.

I love this story, the characters, the way you have them interact, and the particular way that you write the sex scenes. Thank you, and don't stop now.

Barry

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank You..Part 4 is in edits as we speak!

Hello All and Thank you so very much!

Anon@Not to Worry: I'm happy to hear you will be with us until the mission is complete. I hope you continue to enjoy the story. Thanks for sticking with us through the journey.

Industrial_bondage: You're correct, the loved ones left behind have a difficult job to do. Hopefully, when both parties work together, love, and support each other, things turn out for the best. I hope everything works out for the best for you.

georgeblack: I'm glad you care about the characters, that is part of my goal when writing a story. I think for many, they are as real as the boy and girl next door. I'm sure many of us can relate to them and what they are facing together. Struggles come in all shapes and sizes in life; the key is to realize you must make the best life out of what you have today. Tomorrow is not a guarantee for anyone.

kalonaleigh: Thank you for your kind words. You are so right about love, patience, etc., without which we would never overcome life's obstacles.

vmc312: Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful comments. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Sorry about the OT/PT mix up; I know better. xo

Anon/Barry: Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. I think we should all realize that any loss (function,limb, or life) is too great a loss. Those of us at home should make every attempt to give support in any form available to us. Be safe.

FYI: Dear Readers and Friends, "My Man, My Marine, My Lover!" Part 4 is in final edits and I'm expecting to submit it by mid next week. Hopefully, it will be posted by Friday, March 13th....ummm...now that I think about it, maybe the Friday the 13th is not the best idea! Let's hope for Thursday or Saturday. Thank you for your support and feedback. I'm looking forward to hear what your thoughts are on Part 4!

RedRhythmicSerpent...if you thought Part 3 got your ticker pumping, I know you will love Part 4! Keep the aspirin and maybe the nitro close by my friend. xo!

Apple

mcollectmcollectabout 9 years ago
It keeps getting better

Chapter 1 was great 2 even better and now three is superb. Keep up the great writing.I am an old Viet Nam era vet stationed at Walter Reed and this is for all of us a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great

I love this story! So beautiful. My one concern is the way you present the war. Many marines came back from Iraq feeling completely disillusioned. Their concern was not only what happened to our soldiers, but they also felt disgusted with fighting a war that turned out to be based on a lie. The best soldiers, with the level of integrity Brian seems to have, don't only worry about their own men, they reject seeing all Iraqis as inferior, hate wasting innocent lives, have enough intellect to see the real reasons we went there (oil). These soldiers, including Marines, have spoken out about the trauma of being under assault all the time but also feeling like they had to hold on to their humanity. Some came back with PTSD and didn't even get the care that is due to them or the support (read about Walter Reede hospital for example and the travesty that was there with no resources etc). But you talk about the war as if the only thing bothering Brian is that "these people" are so barbaric and backward that they are beyond redeeming by the Great American Civilization. I think Brian is too intelligent, sensitive, strong and empathetic to be that incapable of independent thought, even if it went against his father's logic. That would've been an interesting layer of emotion to add to this story- how you disagree and still respect and love each other. As I said, I am a fan, but I think stories get taken to another level when characters invite us, through their experiences, to feel *and* think, and avoid cliches. Still gave it a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I am a disabled Marine Corps Veteran & my parents are Marines, as well, so it's easy to relate to all of your characters. I've read all the stories in this series & can't wait to read the next one. I was going to give you a 5-star rating, but I accidentally hit the 1. So, keep up the great work!

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 7 years ago
A solid extension...

Ma'am....You're building one helluva fan base here!

I foresee you being featured in a touring USO show! :+))

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userApple_of_Eden@Apple_of_Eden
417 Followers
I'm here to write and post stories, occasionally chat, and to have a little fun on the boards. Apple_of_Eden ๐ŸŽ