All Comments on 'Max and Martina Ch. 01'

by ChineseSwede

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Cannot Read This

Okay try writing this in proper English. I could not get past the first 10 lines in this story. Did you use an editor? This is so unreadable. Try writing it again properly.

Horrible.

ChineseSwedeChineseSwedeabout 9 years agoAuthor

Yes, you missed it - "Edited by sexnovella".

Ask him, not me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I'm no fan of sexnovella as a writer or editor, but it's not fair to shift the blame for this mess onto him. As the author, you're the one who accepted his edits, and you're the one who submitted the draft. Therefore, you need to step up and accept the criticism.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uabout 9 years ago

First of all let me say, I think you are courageous to write and present a story in English, which is not your first language. So kudos to you. Max and Martina Ch. 01 has a decent story line: two unlikely straight women are accidently set up by a dating service - nice! But a lot was lost in translation and the editor did a poor job which made it a challenge to read. There is a saying here in the States: Is the glass of water half empty or half full. I see the glass as full, half water half air. So in your case, you and the editor did your best, tho best is relative and it can change at any time under any circumstance. But Please stay encouraged and thank you for the insight on your condition - cerebral palsy. I wish you all the best. Xiexie, Zaijian

redlion75redlion75about 9 years ago

if unable to write in english yourself maybe dictating with something like dragon might help.

ChineseSwedeChineseSwedeabout 9 years agoAuthor

Redlion75, I don't understand what you mean.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sorry but I agree with the first anonymous

I am bilingual, and English can be a hard language sometimes due to the fact that they do not follow that same rules as Spanish, french, or itilian for example. You tried your best chineseswede and I saw that. Nonetheless the story was hard to follow. I could tell what you meant but became irritated and did not finish the story all though it had great potential. I also encourage you to keep trying, but do not put yourself out there unless certain because people can be cruel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I say continue on to Chapter 2.

With or without an adequate editor. I totally appreciate the uniqueness of this story. Please continue writing, regardless of the hateful criticism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Change editors

Writing in a foreign language (and in your case, possibly a third language?) must be very difficult and you should be praised for the attempt.The theme of the story is very interesting and could, with decent editing, prove to be worthwhile. However, I regret that your editor is not very good (or perhaps not too bothered about doing a decent job). If you can find a first-rate editor to help lick your stories into shape, then you could see a great improvement.

ChineseSwedeChineseSwedeabout 9 years agoAuthor
My editor gives up!

I tried and tried to seek after the new editor in the forum. No new editors. :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Could be a good story, but

Unfortunately your poor command of English has kept you down and using a Swedish person who's command of good English is almost as poor as yours, as an editor was a mistake.

I have edited some of Sexnovela's work and even then the published version only has some of the changes included that I made. Editing stories where English is a second language is very time consuming and as all editors on Literotica are volunteers, I suspect many don't want to commit the time. I have, and it is very demanding and takes several complete run throughs to get it into any sort of readable text.

Unfortunately I can't help you as I have a constant flow of stories sent to me for editing, that I don't have spare time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous