All Comments on 'Branches And Twigs'

by Linbido

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
annaswirlsannaswirlsover 20 years ago
Thank you!

Wonderful.... looked upon it again and again, reading it in different orders playing with your words and meanings...

then I felt a little naughty....like I wanted to stand at the trunk mittens on bark.... and give it a good quick shake.... until the snow and words fell all around me, me laughing in a pile of cold snow and warm words. maybe lie down and make a snow angel poem....

IcingsugarIcingsugarover 20 years ago
How about that.

This poem have already got a comment that is pretty darn poetic too. :)

I love the way the words almost fall through the twigs and branches. However I try though, I can only find one way of reading it. Maybe Anna stands on her head? ;)

AngelineAngelineover 20 years ago
Excellent integration

of form and content Lin. This must have been a nightmare to put together, but you've made it work beautifully. The poem and photo together make a sum that I suspect is much more meaningful than either part could be alone. To me, this achieves what an illustrated poem should be. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
So much effort, Lin

and well worth it. Stunning! No small wonder your muse is resting.

LiarLiarover 20 years ago
Great imagery

Even without the image the message and imagery of your poem is great. With that great photo (Did you take it?) and the twig-layout of the stanzas it is superb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Witty illustrated

Such a witty illustrated poetry piece. Much hard work went into this... it shows. Excellent.

steve portersteve porterover 20 years ago
my impressionism

hey this is really nice...like looking through icicles...really cool (pardon the pun) stuff...steve.

echoes_sechoes_sover 20 years ago
Now that I have new glasses

I can read and see more of these illustrated poems, and saw I have been missing out on a lot. This is beautiful Lin, comparing them to life...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
seasons of life

Wow. What a wonderful way to express the generational cycles. The picture is very nice, but the poem is stellar.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Life.

Celebration of life's eternal renewal. What a beautiful format ~ a tree in winter covered with snow highlighting the bare branches. Lovely illustration of a tree in winter.

LeBrozLeBrozabout 17 years ago
~~

Don't know how you did it; it look chaotic but the words did work out in a logical progression from all that chaos.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in the Archival Review thread, in a picking through Lit's archive of over 35,500 poems.

----------

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
BOTH OF THESE AND MORE

are needed to make a forest. TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous