All Comments on 'Loving Moondog'

by sack

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Hercules_unleashedHercules_unleashedabout 18 years ago
What can I say?

Sack it Loving Moondog is a very touching tale, makes me want to knock those boys heads together. Sadly we live in a world where 90% of people only think of themselves and mentally rarely get beyond school age. Keep writing my friend

Peter

davidwattsdavidwattsabout 18 years ago
Nicely done

Lovely story about a segment of the population who certainly don't usually get represented here, but do indeed have feelings, and do matter. Nicely done.

bearleebearleeabout 18 years ago
Touching

Even more touching when I think about my wife's work-thanks Sack!

Unsung MuseUnsung Museabout 18 years ago
Again...

I'm a tough broad, Sack... once more you've

got me weeping like a little girl. What can I

say. Wonderful, as always!

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonabout 18 years ago
I don't know quite what to say...

An amazing story Sack. All of my work seems so trite in comparison to this story. Well done Sack...and good luck...This story deserves to win.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I'm disabled, also....

...but I'm not mentally disabled. I went to Cal Berkeley for college & I've never known a town more compliant to the needs of the disabled, be it mental or physical. There are hundreds of diseases out there that are not "common" enough to have their own telethons. Since Jerry Lewis retired, I doin't know of anyone with a name big enough to attract stars of stature to perform for nothing. I guess charity isn't as big as it used to be. That's too bad. We need more people with with hearts as big as Jerry's.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackabout 18 years ago
Heartbreaking

God, Sack. Wow. That's all I can say about this story. Wow.

Good luck to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Intensely moving story

Sack written with your own gentle brand of tenderness. You amaze me sometimes with your intuition and the visual imagery you use to bring a piece to life. You gave this one life and I know I'll remember it. Thank you,

Erotica_WritingsErotica_Writingsabout 18 years ago
wow

All I can say is wow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

Wonderful story! You certainly write well.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A love that passeth all understanding

Sack:

You blew me away with this story. My emotions swirl at the sadness of her affliction, the cruelty of the crumbs, and yet there's also love tenderly given and received. You've given me food for thought. Thank You. Ronnie W.

damppantiesdamppantiesabout 18 years ago
Poignant

Your story pulled at my heartstrings. It was a very moving bit of writing, and as someone who has worked with individuals with Down's Syndrome, I could really get into it. It's not very easy to write a story like this and I'm glad that you did. The mentally ill are people with feelings too. They're no lesser than you and me, and oftentimes, even better. A very lovely effort, sack.

LeBrozLeBrozabout 18 years ago
~~

A tough one ~ talk about having the deck stacked against you!

dreampilot79dreampilot79about 18 years ago
Sack.. you're amazing...

That is not a tear at the corner of my eye.. just got a little smoke in my eye.. honest... It had nothing to do with a well written story that touched my heart. Nope.. nothing at all...

Great job sack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Borderline.

I am somewhat uncomfortable with this story. It is very emotionall and well written and I praise you for that. The intention of 18+ rule isn't so that we don't get to describe youthfull bodies it is because people at younger ages are more impressionable and easy to take advantage of. I would be much happyer with this if it was about an autistic person or someone who was of a mental age 18+.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A most sensitive story

You've tackled a difficult area in a sensitive and caring way. The disabled have the same needs for love and affection and it's good to explain that. Well done.

Bushido71XSBushido71XSabout 18 years ago
Oh man...

Sack, great story, brought tears to my eyes, no joking there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow...

What a sweet, sad story. It's very well-written and I nearly cried at the end. Thank you for sharing and good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
WAY TO GO!!

Sack, You broke into new ground with this story. As a disabled individual, I was so touched that you could write a story like this.

Too often, we forget that people with handicaps have desires and needs just like the rest of us. I'm so glad that you saw past the disability to see her.

Just a comment, for her to be there with Down's Syndrome, I have to believe she would be an exception on the IQ scale. Probably no genius, but definitely more than a 70 IQ.

Also, I can't believe that a school would not do something about the bullies in the cafeteria. That made me think of a high school, not a college.

But otherwise the story was truly awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well done, Sack!

You deftly handled very complex issues. May we all be more sensitive and aware!

Thanks! DJ

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101about 18 years ago
A surprisingly

sweet story, even though not very erotic. Bullies like those shuld have the shit kicked out of them regularly. Ever since my first wife, who had a birth defect, I have appreciated the problems of the handicapped.

logophilelogophileabout 18 years ago
...

I'm so glad I found this story. Thanks for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
amazing

I am disabled. I read this with tears in my eyes. It takes a certain kind of person to write about about a person with a disability. Thank you

Sharkman84Sharkman84almost 11 years ago
Beautiful

That is a truly beautiful story. Well written, brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have a lower form of down syndrome reading this made me hope I find someone that I can be like this with I'm still a virgin

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous