All Comments on 'Secrets Revealed Pt. II'

by strickland83

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another twist in the tale?

Great story so far, but it does seem to be a remarkable coincidence for Tim to have meet Fran that way. Unless it's not such a big coincidence after all...

I'm really looking forward to reading the next part, although The Truth might not be what I think it is.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 17 years ago
Great, but....

...I have some questions. Tim and Patrice were corresponding while she was in school. They were quite a distance apart and that increasingly created problems continuing their relationship.

When Tim and Fran met on a weekend, it would have been normal for him to learn she went to the same school as Patrice. If not, would not he and Fran correspond when she returned to school? Wouldn't Tim then make a connection that Patrice and Fran had the same mailing addresses, or similar (identical?) telephone numbers? And if the distance of separation was making Patrice and Tim grow apart, why would not that same condition exist between Fran and Tim?

All of that *could* be explained. It's strickland83's story. He can put anything he wants to in it. But he did not explain why Fran succeeded where Patrice -- with whom he has much, much more emotional investment at the time -- failed.

The author expects a great leap of faith for his readers to accept the odd chance Patrice and Fran were school room mates, exchanged such intimate secrets, yet Fran, after only a weekend, could trump Patrice, who spent a whole summer inside Tim's head.

All these questions could yet be explained later, or never explained at all. But for all the other infinite details we have learned about the lives of these three, it seems natural we should also understand these answers as well. I believe they are pivital in understanding why the pendulum swung from one side to the other.

Finally, Tim was so very strongly taken back in memory to "that summer" when they visited the summer camp -- and it was so reminiscent of the opening scenes in that wonderful movie, "Twelve O'Clock High -- and that earth shattering relationship with Patrice. Yet, when Fran began her quest to learn where Patrice is today and what she is doing, Tim seemed rather detached and remote. I find that very much out of character for the person so far described.

Maybe I have missed the answers to these questions. Maybe they are not important. But they nag me.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
It's a small, small world

What are the chances that two roommates would find the same guy as their boyfriend? Pretty slim, I suppose. On the other hand, it's possible, so we'll give that one to the author. Stranger coincidences have occurred. I thought it was odd that Patrice so willingly gave up Tim. After their summer together, I'd have expected she would have put up more of a fight. Yet another one we have to give to the author. So far, though, there is plenty of tension, and I'm going to read the last chapter to find out what happens next. Good story.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 9 years ago
so

so Tim cheated on Patrice with Fran. T

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Sooo....

....if I understand the previous comments correctly? That this story series should have been categorized as "ScienceFiction or Fantasy"?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous