All Comments on 'Alex and Katie'

by jdocubs

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
Uncertain.

For some reason this story was hard to read. I do not know if it was the writing style, the ambiguity of the plot (if there really was a plot), or the lack or real development of the characters and the story. I know I did not really like the story.

The characters were the quintessence of a self-absorbed narcissism, so wrapped in themselves that each one of them will never have the capicity to really love anyone other than his/her self. Perhaps that is why the story is so boring...it represents the kind of behavior we see around us on an almost daily basis. We just get tired of it.

In any event, better luck next time.

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I am trying to think of a good descriptive term

for a writer who brings us back to super wimp as a Valentine Romance. Maybe the writers life makes a wimp story sound romantic. Try searching the files for Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
No ending

It's pretty good till the ending starts. This leaves to many unanswered questions. Cheats, howmany times? Takes the fathers side over husband, but it sound like they see each other once a year! It needs to clarified and finished. Either he's a wimp or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
oh no you didnt

there is nothing romantic about this story. the wife cheats on her husband. sides w/ her boorish father. and selfish. and her husband, such a wimp. no wonder he is unsuccessful. got into deeper debt because he caught his wife w/ another man in his bed? ugh! such unlikable characters.

the writing is also confusing. i know you're a man. but there are alot of good romantic stories on this site that are written by men. try reading them. there is no excuse for this shitty story. just when is humiliation and disrespect a part of being romantic?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wow!

Wow…I think you should be proud of your little piece. Just look at the emotion you’ve inspired.

I was particularly amused by this comment; “…i know you're a man. but there are a lot of good romantic stories on this site that are written by men. try reading them. there is no excuse for this shitty story. just when is humiliation and disrespect a part of being romantic?”

First of all, that particular respondent’s sensitivity level need be judged suspect to begin with; as evidenced by the “I know you’re (just) a man…prefix to her remarks. Ugg…talk about sexist!

But other remarks were also more than a bit harsh…And what’s with the rude way they’re being expressed? Come on folks…differences in taste an opinion are no excuse for rudeness and even worse, a lack of tolerance; because let’s face it folks, if you can’t say it the way you want to around here…no matter what it is…then where is there that a person can safely speak and state their opinion?

By the way, those of you who have criticized the loudest…maybe you should read the story again. In my opinion this is a superbly romantic rendition. What could be more romantic then two people looking at each other…seeing in brutal honesty all the bad in each other and in the relationship yet, deciding to forgive all for the sake of love?

Sorry, our hero is not a wimp! He is a brave and strong man married to a woman in who he sees value and has decided to stay with all that’s good in her rather then rush of in haste like a two year old having a tantrum…And,“I know he’s just a man but….” LOL

So thanks for the good read and good luck…

Keep on writing!

aventuraangel@literotica.net

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerabout 17 years ago
Well written and thought provoking.

An interesting examination of a marriage on the edge. I wasn't too sure about the narrative style at first, but it worked and I found myself drawn in to find out more about Alex and Katie.

Fermenal1Fermenal1about 17 years ago
bad

what about tomance you say its romance i dont think any romance beetween woman that cheats

very bad story and most for a contest

and how about she fucks the men in the very bed of him and finally say she only want to be his wife i dont think so

IrresoluteIrresoluteabout 17 years ago
Really Good Job

I don't normally leave comments on stories but I felt like this one deserved some feedback. I thought you did a really wonderful job with it. I liked the narrative and the back and forth showing both sides. I thought it was amazingly realistic, especially considering that most erotic fiction tends to lean heavily on the FICTION part. The relationship between the couple was refreshing to read about and the sexual aspects of the story were very well put together. The only thing I would suggest is maybe a more fleshed out story as far as what happens between these two people. Good submission! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Personally, I like it!

It isn't your usual sappy, everyone is in love and stars and rainbows. Sometimes marriages take work, sometimes they have a history...and not always a good one. Sometimes the beginning of fixing it is just good "make up" sex.

Nicely written, good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Did not work....

So many issues, and you never addressed them, not even briefly about WHY they would stay together. Love is nice, but it is more than a feeling, it is an act...well a lot of them really...and this couple was a train wreck. You never explained how he got past the affairs, never....well...your story was either an incomplete longer one or a too complex short one.

It is too bad too, because it had a lot of potential and you write quite well.

Michael

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous