All Comments on 'Fool's Gold Ch. 04'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Almost LOVED a forced Reconcile story

I have to say that this is probably the finest forced or "anticipated" reconciliation LW -- which is its own special subgroup -- that I have read here at Lit. I have engaged in a series over e-mails with CCM over the ending which we all knew was coming.

<br></br>

Since this story is so well done and so rational I don't have a particular problem when rhe reconciliation per se....although in my opinion <b> ANNE's confession shows the reason WHY Bill should NOT reconcile with her.</b> I suppose some of you may view this as a "troll post" but hopefully those with the brains won't...

<br></br>

Typically the problem with many of these reconciliation stories subgroup is that the wives actions are so extreme that the hole is simply too deep to get out of in terms of the story and character development.

<br></br>

I noticed that over at another web site where CCM's has his Blog... this author mentioned that he saw significant changes in development in the husband / BILL character. I agree. But CCM didn't mention much about ANNE and her character development over the four year interval. And if you look at chapters 3 there are several comments from other readers about her lack of character maturity and development over the four year interval.

<br></br>

One the things I've enjoyed about the story is that this author never attempts to go down the old.... " Husband is working too much......wife is lonely.....so it's OK to fuck the entire Washington Redskins football team..."

<br></br>

That being said I have TWO problems with this story that prevent me from Loving it.... even though I have already given it a 100/ 5. <b> FIRST did ANNE ever learn that BILL Never fucked or touched Heather? </b> if so when did she learn this.... 6 months after the Divorce? 1 year?.... 3 years?

<br></br>

SECOND ... <b>the Wife's confession shows that she has serious character flaws.</b> One could make the argument that her confession is in fact a sign of significant maturity and character development as she freely admits in great detail how badly she screwed up... Why she screwed up and the mistakes she made. Again in my opinion this is all very well done.

<br></br>

For example the wife listening to her friends over their suspicions about the relationship between BILL and HEATHER. I suppose that sort of thing happens from time to time. BUT to Never give BILL a chance to explain... to defend himself... to prove himself if need be.... after 15 years of marriage... well thats is completely beyond the pale.

<br></br>

ANNE says...<i>" I couldn't find one single instance where you did anything to give me any real reason to suspect you." </I> Thus BILL is damned no matter he did.

<br></br>

<b> why would ANY one want to risk re-marrying THAT kind of person? </b>

<br></br>

Anne says after her 1st time with Alan she KNEW she did wrong... felt awful THEN could not tell her husband about it....THEN cut him off .... THEN did it again KNOWING how wrong it was rather than speak to her husband....

<br></br>

According to the story ANNE begins to realize what she had lost when she see BILL with SALLY at that resturant night club. OK... fair enough.

<br></br>

Then ANNE says what really woke her up to what she had done... was when she met JEAN and saw how close JEAN was to Her phsyically. <b>BUT Jean was 3+ years after the END of Anne & Bill's marriage!!!!.</b>

<br></br>

Tuus ANNE begins to wonder why BILL would go for a "Anne substitute" when she -- the REAL Anne -- was right there. This triggers an epiphany for ANNE and she begins to look at her actions from a new light... to figure out WHY Bill would NOT take her back....

<br></br>

My major pont is that while YES Anne's confession does show some growth .... it is a SELFISH act to the extreme. She and her girls decide that the only way to get BILL back was for ANNE to confess to Bill.

<br></br>

That is what is so wrong!!! <b> Anne confession smacks of a manipulation </b>... For over 4 years ANNE knew the truth and never bothered to tell BILL. Oh sure I am sure that whenever she tried to tell him maybe BILL turned away or something came up.

<br></br>

<b>

But the end result is that she never felt BILL deserved the truth simply b/c what she did was so wrong on so many levels.

<br></br>

Anne confessed b/c she wanted BILL back for HER needs and desires. BILL's needs? who gives a fuck? certainly not Anne....</b>

Again I really did like this story a lot.... and these two points I rasied whle bothersome are NOT dealbreakers for me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good

capecodmercury,

You have done a masterful job in this section. Since I have deel alot with people after affairs, either on their part or their spouses, alot of what you have put in the W's mouth is dead on. Excellent job yet again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
WTF

*sigh* this has gotten too long. toooooo long for a predictable plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
chicken shit husband and whore wife

alan has wrong you as a man if you are a man.and the whole story you as a hubby hadn't did a dam thing to alan.alan took your wife and destroyed your family,what are you going to do to him.hubby been lead by the nose by every women in the story.get some balls and stop acting like a sissy boy.writer the action of the hubby reflex on you as a wimp writer as a man.most of your stories are like this or hubby take the wife back.you write stories of weak and sad husbands and it sucks. this wife and her lover did everything but cut the hubby balls off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I said it before I will say it again.

Women are never sorry for affairs, they are only sorry they get caught. They never go into affairs by accident they know what they are doing and the intend to do it. Once the nervous reaction is over from the first time it just gets easier and easier to lie, to betray, to destroy their marriage, their husband, their family. The only difference here is that this woman is actually mentally ill and totally out of reality. She sees ghost where bright sunlight shines. She was cruel vindictive and mercenary caring nothing for her husband. A woman cannot love to men, there isnt enough time to give 100% to two, what is given to one is taken from another thus the betrayal. She had no real concern for who should have been most important in her life, her husband and children. She abandoned all of them for just sex. Women seem to think men just think with their penis while all the time they are in lust not love and thinking with their "vaginas" and the need to be spermed. He would be better to walk away from her and never to speak to her again, he can see her lack of mental capability to have rational thought, she could be actually very dangerous.

revengerrevengerabout 17 years ago
This is a storie??????

Hei animal writer....maybe you dont know, cos you are to stupid, that the world is full of women, almost 68% are females on that planet, so every man has 2 women for himself if he want that, but no, your stupid wimp have to talk with his cheating slut, he have to understand her behaviour, and maybe to forgive her...it is so unreal and so stupid cos you make me vomit...why he dont just cut her throat in one night and pee into her body, cos that s what a cheating whore deserve...but you are to wimp to write a storie inspired from real life...you idiot

revengerrevengerabout 17 years ago
This is a storie??????

Hei animal writer....maybe you dont know, cos you are to stupid, that the world is full of women, almost 68% are females on that planet, so every man has 2 women for himself if he want that, but no, your stupid wimp have to talk with his cheating slut, he have to understand her behaviour, and maybe to forgive her...it is so unreal and so stupid cos you make me vomit...why he dont just cut her throat in one night and pee into her body, cos that s what a cheating whore deserve...but you are to wimp to write a storie inspired from real life...you idiot

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
It's a good story!

Women are nothing if not emotional. Of, course, this story points out the old adage--Talk to each other. You must communicate. The two of you join together as ONE to face the world. You need to discuss everything to understand what it is you're fighting together--not seperately. This is an aftermath of non communication and it is very sad.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
A fine continuation

I particularly liked two ideas expressed in this chapter. First, this quote "Even if you were cheating on me that didn't give me the right to cheat, too." is absolutely spot on. If you can't live up to your promise, you're not much of a human being, and you certainly shouldn't be married, much less contribute to the gene pool.

<P>

Second, the author blows away a LW cliched standard. How many times have you read something like this? "It was just sex, honey. It didn't mean anything." The author debunks the idea that "just sex isn't hurtful" when Bill says, "The sheer randomness and triteness of the affair offended me. It had been bad enough when I had believed that Anne had left me because she had fallen in love with Alan Johnson, but to hear that it was just meaningless sex was a real blow to the self-esteem." That's a wonderful truth. Affairs for meaningless sex are offensive because they are so trivial and so trite.

<P>

I enjoyed the author's exploration of Anne's motivations for the affair. He paints her thinking in broad, colorful strokes that are absolutely realistic. She didn't start the affair because she wanted to have sex with another man. She wanted validation, attention and emotional support, things that she wasn't getting from her marriage. Alan provided them, and all it cost her was her self-respect and her marriage. Ouch.

<P>

Watching Annie paint herself into a corner that left divorce as the only possible way out was deliciously agonizing. Her logic is flawed at each step along the way but not until she commits adultery does she recognize the gravity of the situation, how terribly wrong things have become. She knows the situation is desperate when she internalizes the impact of her cheating. She can't come clean because Bill will divorce her. She cannot not continue the affair because she believes Bill will divorce her anyway and she needs Alan as a safety net. It's a wonderful Catch-22 and Anne was truly caught between a rock and a hard place. The angst of her guilt and remorse at her cheating and the realization that their marriage is over is palpable and poignant.

<P>

Thank you, capecodmercury, for another chapter very well-told.

dave_magicdave_magicabout 17 years ago
Love of life But not live it alone

Excellent story and well thought out with human emotion and honesty, rare in american culture today. Thank you for sharing your excellent writing skills and giving a a true taste of life and love and living.

torchthebitchtorchthebitchabout 17 years ago
Shoulda Known

What Alvaron53 said. (btw A53 are you actually me in an alternate persona?) I even agree quite a lot with Harry's public crit on this. I think he is much more constructive this time. For me, any value in his previous postings tends to get lost in the strength of his expressiveness. CCM. Having read other of your stories I really should have known you would not have ignored Anne's perspective. Interesting that it took so long after the divorce for her to develop the maturity to analyse her motivation and her marriage. In Anne, you have produced a nicely rounded character who has developed, as has Bill. Great writng.TTB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Having dinner out of town is OK

Bill should not have objected to her having dinner with an acquaintance she happens to meet on the road. When I'm on a business trip I would welcome any hometown dinner companion. Dinners with his admin assistant are far worse. Is she being paid overtime? [If not, lawsuit waiting to happen.]

This does not excuse Anne's behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
so true

the emotions in this story ,,,i can see where she made major mistakes and her rationalization for them....but it really just shows that it was her mistake .....her it was just sex i agree pisses me off in yes that it trivializes what she had with bill her husband ....that would give a sane man doubts about his man hood ....i hope that in this story they continue t olive next door to each other for a while ..dont remarry but i can see ex hubby giving her a mercy fuck every now and then ...he might as well throw her a bone ...but he als oneeds t osee alan and tell him what he knows also so he can make him feel like a worthless lover to ...give him all the doubts about his manhood also...alan has never suffered enough for his part ...id ream him a new asshole if possible just to refresh his memory of how it feels to wonder ifhe is really a man at all...i do hope claire divorced him and took him for everything also ...would be nice if he was living in a cardboard box now wouldnt it....anne should see to it that either he gets fired or she finds another job ,,,as her being completely away from alan would be the only way to show bill hey i screwed up big time ...here i am ill let you fuck me again we dont need t oremarry we can just maybe fuck then just live together ...i really see no reason why people need t oget married again why noy just live together ...you can still have the commiyyment yo ujust dont have the paper to have to pay a lawyer to ge trid of again...once married and you have your children abd the marriage busts up ...i really do not see a reason t oever remarry again ...so easy solution they can fuck again bill and anne and even sleep together again ...just keep the separate rooms so they can sleep apart if they want to ...perfect splution to the rest of their lives....this way everyone is happy bill gets to fuck anne she gets some of bill and the kids parents are back together some what ...great solution

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Among the very best

Simply superb. Really impressed with your analysis of Anne's behavior.

Thanks, Katib

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Exceptional write ability on this story

This is superb story: exceedingly well written with substantial originality. The emotions felt by Bill and Annie are strong and it's really hard to completely feel these emotions after a first reading of the story. I will need to reread it in a few months to fully digest everything. To me, Capecodmercury writes alot like the American novelist William Fauldner (particularly Fauldner's early works) with much feeling and a myriad of details.

In this story there are some outstanding passages, one of which is in Chapter 4: "I was a stupid fool that ended up doing the exact same thing that I was afraid you were doing. And because of that, I ended up throwing away the best man I have ever met, for the exact type of guy I was afraid you might become. I threw our marriage away for nothing!" Excellent!

RAG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fine story with no winners

You write a fine suspense filled story, but it's hard to root for either of your two characters;; she appears to be insecure and stupid resulting in a dumb affair and he is such a pompous, stupid husband it's hard to root for him either. If he can't figure out why she would get jealous of his business trips with beautiful young administrative assistant, then he's a hell of an insightful exeutive. What can you say about her theory that cheating is the answer to her problems?

60 year old George

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
The American novelist William Fauldner?

Anon. from California alludes twice to the American novelist William Fauldner. Had it been a single mention I would have sworn that the reader refers to William Faulkner (please note the symmetric position on opposite sides of the keyboard of the letters “K” and “D” – an understandable typo).<P>

Beyond that, I was curious - what early works of Faulkner did Anon find to be reminiscent of CCM works? For sure you COULD NOT be thinking of Faulkner’s: “Requiem for a nun” (not an early work) from which Faulkner’s famous line comes:” The past is never dead. It’s not even past”. So much for “let bygones be bygones”… which seem to be to the most part the light motive of the main characters in this story.

zed0zed0about 17 years ago
Uh Oh!

Wimp-Out in Progress.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
shoot the bitch

Bill should have shot her then disposed of her right then .

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Finally an effort (even if weak) to move the plot

All I WANT TO KNOW IS why does it take male in name only 3 full chapters to form the one syllable not too difficult to pronounce word “WHY”? JUST ASKING IT. She may not have been able to answer it at all. She may have been able to provide an inappropriate answer, an evasive answer a partial answer an irrelevant answer. ANYTHING would have been a normal act of basic communication over a terrible loss. You see your house going on fire. You pass by; you will not ask what happened what caused it? *************************************

Similarly, incredibly we have to accept that for FOUR YEARS the Ex could not find a good reason to contact her ex and say “I am sorry; I apologize I fucked up big time I know it. Whenever you are interested to hear more let me know. but for now I just need to let you know that I know that I did you wrong” instead she patronizingly telling him that for a long time she did not know that she actually did something terrible then –get this HE WAS NOT READY –SHE SAYS. The utmost arrogance and Chutzpah if I have seen one. The way the wife gives her explanation to her gradual “understanding” to what was wrong in what she did –she understood NOTHING. It strictly correlates with the gradual desolation of her relations with the lover and her growing realization that she can not will her ex back as if her little experiment did not work now back to status quo ante. In other words, only her growing anxiety due to the realization that her losses might be irreversible brings her to “recognize” that it’s time to acknowledge her responsibility. If you look a little better you see that in fact it’s just another instrument which waited so far for its turn to manipulate the husband. Her mental picture is very much like that of a sociopath who will use according to practical considerations only arguments which will sound ethical as long as they serve his her purpose. Remember she never needed to apologize She asks what was the point we were going in different directions. As if apology –an ethical act of acknowledgment of doing wrong is not relevant to her unless it is beneficial. It did not seem beneficial so she did not apologize.

All the above is fine. The author is allowed to pick weak or mentally border line functioning characters. But the problem is that he has not presented them as such. There is so much more to the extremely cruel behavior of the wife which is not explained. But you had five chapters to do that. Here is a litmus test. When people cross the line from simply suspecting to feeling convinced as the wife claimed that she felt about the husband cheating the pattern of their behavior changes. A delusional paranoid does not hide and apologizes. He accuses and blames, and if she indeed felt certain about his cheating she would have flaunted her revenge in her husband face. On the other hand, if she was still not sure, then she should have been still aware of his solid credible history of never being caught lying or cheating, and at some point before further escalating her behaviors she would have confronted him with questions. One of the two: She could not have been certain of his cheating AND feel ashamed of her actions; hiding them etc. Or she could not have been full of doubt about her suspicions and move on with her betrayal without ever asking her husband for more information. Her story does not hold water. ************************* Despite the multiple holes, I gave this chapter a higher score for at least finally trying to deal with the initial conflict.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
The question of why should never be asked

I don't give a shit why someone cheats. It is weakness to try and find out if somehow you are at fault. The cheater is always at fault. So the why is only their justification for being a whore or it's male equivalent. WHY DOES NOT MATTER. Get on with your life and if you want any chance at happiness stay away from the cheat. As this is a story it is a needed chapter. But from a real life point of view the why is simple and anyone can figure it out without being told. They did it because they thought they could get away with it. Move along.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Still headed for the trash heap....

You write well but your characters actions are too flawed to elicite any sympathy or empathy. Ann is insecure to the point of being neurotic and almost neurotic enough to qualify for psychotic. And this spineless wonder is going to accept he back. This is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
ok

ok,now we all know she is a bitch!

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
He should have used the "Nuclear" option

Destroy the bitch during the divorce. The kids would be better off anyway. No matter what, she is a cheating slut and destroying her completely is the best way to take control of the divorce and get total custody. As it stands now they will learn that it is okay to be a cheating slut as there are not any serious consequences.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
i'm not going as far as bigguy with the nuke option but..

It's clear that her morals and mindset makes her untrustworthy, and it is not forgivable, especially when she's trying to get back to him only because she misses his comfort. Her defiance and lack of respect compounds it. Nowhere does she say she love him.. and it would be false if she did say it.. You don't need to say that you love someone, but in that case there would have to be evidence of love - AND THERE IS NONE. This is not a reconciliation; this is an attempt at confession so that it clears the road for a growing relationship for her. He doesn't want to go to her for the wrong reasons - but what about HER? She wants to go to him for security and familiarity, and she can't find anyone new. If he holds that standard to himself, then he should do it for her; then both should get together for the right reason... and I can't see one good reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Gotta agree with Harry here

Once Anne found out that Bill was NOT screwing Heather.. WHY didnt Anne apologize 3 years ago?? Funny how Bill never asks THAT question!!

The entire premise of Anne's motivations for cheating was that she was certain that Bill was screwing Heather. Once she knew that was not the case... she said Nothing for 3 more years.

That is shows s SERIOUS character Flaw.

Yes the way this author showed the wife's mental contortions

is very well done and very realistic. Her insecurities her paranoia... listening to her friends... that can have an impact.

but not talking to Bill once... after 15 years of marriage?

and finding out Bill was 100% innocent but not apologizing for 3 years...???

Hard to get past that sort of behavior and lack of integrity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
........... Ah, the Truth shall set you free ..........

Anne's own comments ............"I don't have any excuse, Bill. When I accepted his offer, I knew what he was looking for. What's worse, I knew that I was most likely going to give it to him. There is no way to justify what I did that day. I knew exactly what I was doing."

........ so Capecodmercury ... you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig ( or in this case a wife called Anne ). She whored herself out, betrayed her marriage, cuckolded ( I really hate that word ) her husband and let me guess ........ your going to have Bill take her back?!? Once a CHEAT ALWAYS A CHEAT = Anne. Once a CUCKHOLD ALWAYS A CUCKHOLD = Bill... UNLESS ... YOU ( CAPECODMERCURY ) give him some self respect and have him move on to a woman who will love and respect him. It is up to you to give Bill "some balls" by "ditching the bitch = Anne" or to simply castrate him by accepting his whore/Anne wife back! Can you do the right thing?!? Is it in your nature to actually write a story where the cheating wife doesn't win? Where "gasp" the wronged husband actually walks away from the cheating slut with his head held high while she pays for her CRIMES! My money's on a "wimp" ending based on the writer's track record but we can always hope ......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
and in the end...

The love you take is equal to to the love you break...Perhaps her life becomes as pathetic as she made others lives. He can go forward and she must live with her deeds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Really an old story..and still a poor excuse for justifying a cheating wife.

Prior comments correct..she was a cheating slut (despite her sick attempt at justifying her actions). Bill is purely a foolish idiot for taking her back..and deserves the next time she cheats. Because, once a cheater always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This one,,,

seems to get worse with each chapter, I'm down to one star.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ONE PARAGRAPH, 3 LINES

ANY LAWYER OR COP ETC ETC..rationalizes the their cuckold experience. TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
This is one of the better sections of the story

We get her side. For the most part, the trite 'it was meaningless sex' cliche is very old. This discusses a real woman's rationale for cheating. An affair is more likely to be a trade up or out of some anger or resentment then out of a desire for fifteen minutes of sloppy wet noises.

It was a compelling read, but perhaps a trifle long again. I feel you could cut a good 4 pages from the entire story without losing a lot.

Thank you for writing.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
a whore always says the same thing

just sex, i love you, can't we get this behind us, why are you being so stubborn, and did i forget - let me tell you he had a bigger cock, he wa better at sex, i loved to suck the cum out of him and swallow, and it ends with - please don't think badly of me.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
This Chapter Could Almost Stand Alone As A Model Foe A Post-Divorce Discussion

I was impressed, even if her revelations seemed a bit contrived & rehearsed.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Time

to walk away from the lying cheating slut. People don't change. Just because she told you how it happened, doesn't mean she won't do it again.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
some info on marriage

According to this site marry have kids but then dump the cunt its the only way to be safe... seems like safe idea.. probably why so many men do it,personally im hoping for sex droids in the future, most men would rather have something waiting at home to even pretend(cars pets) to love you than theses crazy bitches in these stories.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
What her entire explanation boiled down to

"You didn't know what was wrong with me and I wasn't going to explain it to you."

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
Get real

This is a beautifully articulated imaginative reconstruction of the ambiguities and misunderstandings (some wilful, some accidental) that precipitate a marriage breakup. Give the man some credit - it is a fine piece of work, sad, touching and very believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just a filthy puss oozing cunt

And old Alan got off scott free, getting all the 'strange' he could stand.

Its funny, this story reminded me of my earlier life. I was newly married and worked with a wonderful fellow at an auto parts store. Just a great guy that was excited about life, about his own wife and life in general. My wife and I spent a lot of time at Jim and Debbies, watching movies, dinners, etc. They were a lot of fun.

But Debbie was always jealous of Jim, accusing him of cheating and threatening him, when ever she was angry. I was with the guy as much or more than she was, we worked together 6 days per week and all he talked about was her. They had two young boys they doted on constantly.

Then one day Jim comes to our house and he was devastated. Debbie had left a note telling him in detail about a couple guys she started fucking because she was sure he was. One turned out to be a cousin of my wife's and his wife was devastated also. Their marriage did not survive either. I never would have known my wife's cousin would do something like that when he had a wonderful wife, home and children.

Her note talked about all the things she did for the guy she wouldn't do for Jim. Anal anytime he wanted, blowjobs if he just showed up somewhere. The same thing with the other guy, it was incredible. She left him, took the two boys and moved to another town nearby. Jim was not only a basket case but then his evil ex, and I would have never known she was so evil, set him up to go to jail so she would get everything. She had the daughter of a friend go to his house and seduce him. The girl was underaged, but you would have never known, I hardly knew her but assumed from seeing her at a distance, she was in her early 20's. Turns out she was 15, and she lied to Jim saying she was 18 and built a relationship with him that was eventually sexual. Her mother and the girl went to the police and turned Jim in for rape, even though she admitted she pursued him. Jim's ex actually paid the girl and her mother for all this. Jim was found guilty and spent 5 years in prison and the man that came out, from both the divorce and the prison sentence was not the Jim I'd known since I was a young boy. This was a mean vengeful man and we soon had nothing to do with one another.

What happened to Debbie? She became a pariah. It turned out that as soon as the boys were old enough, she began a sexual relationship with them both. It was revolting and of course, they wanted to stay with their mother and their newfound game. Jim was destroyed at this bit of news and though this happened some 25 years ago, has nothing to do with them.

People have to understand consequences before they take an action that can't be taken back. I wisht Debbie would have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
There is no excuse

There is absolutely no excuse to fuck around on your mate. Cut them loose first, then going searching for cock.

All her excuses were just that, excuses.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 8 years ago
Damn Harry! What are you thinking?

The whole Washington Redskins team? That team is so screwed up that they tend to screw over each other too much to ever consider getting into Annie's drawers. Now a classy team like, say Cleveland. They would go for a clapped out whore like Annie. Probably wouldn't be enough to satisfy her yearning caverns of holes though.

Dump and BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Idiotic cuck/wimp crap!!! MINUS 5*!!!

Laughable that always the offender gets the possibility to declare why he/she wrecked the life of others!!!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Inspite of her comment at the end

It was not an explanation. It was a whole series of rationalizations. A long litany of

ya da ya da ya da.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Extremely stupid bitch sluts and slightly wimpy men

That sums up the plots for your stories.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
People know when they act bad

Just rationalizing it is not explaining it. She has not accepted that she was evil, that she compounded evil on top of evil. Where is the contrition?

"I'm sorry I ruined our marriage" is just words, just the tip of the iceberg.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!

OK, she finally confesses and reveals what happened, but here's the rub! You paint your protagonist in positive light while you make his wife the guilty slut! Sorry, I don't buy it! He knew the problems his work was creating but instead of having it out with his boss, he tries to just go on and expected his wife to deal with it! He's an ass-wipe that should have known better!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Hey Anony 06/28/17

Comprehension isn't your greatest attribute, is it? Read the story again, only pay attention this time. His wife IS the guilty slut who cheated and ruined their marriage. They were both working those long hours - not just her husband. She's the one who assumed that he was having an affair with Heather - and no matter what he said or did to deny it, she continued to believe it - simply because she was stupid enough to listen to the gossiping, cackling hens at work and the club.

So essentially, the stupid slut went out and screwed another man just in case her husband was having an affair - I guess we can blame the stupid slut's FRAGILE FEMALE EGO for that - you know how those women can be.

But don't worry about good ole Annie - it looks like CCM is gonna have the husband apologize and take the stupid slut back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hey JbCuckbertson

Shave that goddamn neckbeard and get out of mommy's basement before you turn into a friggin mushroom.

Closet cucks like you drool over the many chapters in these cuckold tales, reading, spanking, then leaving nasty comments in fits of shame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I can't believe the reasons why Annie cheated!

They are all bullshit reasons. She didn't just have an affair she demanded a divorce after a lengthy affair and moves in with her lover for more than a year. Then guess what, they breakup and now Annie is all boo-hoo, I have no one I guess my ex husband is better than having no one. So now Annie lays a guilt trip on her ex. Gives these bullshit reasons why she left him and move in with her lover. She blames her ex because he had a beautiful assistant (which he never so much as touched her). Her ex was working too much overtime (well guess what, that's a normal requirement if you want to keep your job). As an engineer, I was required to work excessive overtime for a few years and I didn't get paid for that time since I was responsible for each project's completion. It was Annie's mid-life crisis! All bullshit reasons. If she truly loved him she wouldn't have done it. So why should ex take this weasel back. I noticed that HarryinVA loved this story, that by itself is enough for the rest of us to hate!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anne's reasons for the affair are just shit!

There is no real reason other than she was a self centered woman who felt that she could do anything that she wanted since it was her body and her husband didn't own her! What crap! Women who think like this should never get married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Blah blah blah I'm a cheater.

All I heard is buyer remorse and bullshit after bullshit taken from the cheater's manual. What did she do to become a better person? What is she proposing to make it up to him for the damage and the hurt she did? Absolutely nothing. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry".

Stupid RAAC

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Perception Is Reality & Second Point Leaving With Dignity Is The Best Revenge

We often get tunnel vision. Happens to cops, prosecutors, in business whatever.

Second point. I've pointed out in other comments that the best revenge is to leave a relationship with dignity. You take physical or financial revenge you are giving her a reason to dislike or even hate you and she will fell justified and it will help her to move on. You give her a kiss on the cheek, wish her good luck and move on not looking back and actually move on with your life then she will have something to miss and something to regret leaving or causing to leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unbelievable

She is just too stupid to live much less be in a relationship. This looks like the beginning of a sucky ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!!

Everyone is talking about Annie here and how stupid and bad and making excuses, etc. but I see him not as taking the high road but being a wimp! No war...no fight is ever won by "being a good sport" and not fighting dirty. You do what you have to do to win and get the best you can or you get your ass kicked, which is what happened. He lost his wife wife to an ass-wipe and didn't do anything to him, his daughters continuously tried to manipulate him and he couldn't find real fulfillment or happiness for the years he was divorced. He's a loser! Should have burned the bitch down, swept away the ashes and started over again!

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
"Did you ever wonder why I was so jealous of Heather?

answer; no because because people judge by their own standards and i'm not a cheater.

5*

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
"Bill, is it too late to tell you I'm sorry?"

so she's asked if its too late for an apology

but still no apology! just justifications.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Should have gone nuclear

when she went out on a damn date with another man. Baby, you go out to dinner with him tonight you and I are through. Then maybe she would understand he wasn't fooling around on her. If not, screw it. If she went, it's over anyway.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Very good self-examination

It all sounds very realistic. I hate phony "self-examination" and psychobabble that is so prevalent on LE but this time the writer made it very realistic. The description of the reasons for the affair is very realistic.

dark2donut2dark2donut2about 5 years ago
Phony garbage

The writer is shooting for reconciliation so uses all the cliches possible to make the cheater character rationalize cheating:

1. I had too much vine

2. I was jealous so I wanted revenge

3. The man was crafty seducer

4. "Alan" was putting all the pressure

"I don't have any excuse" but please read all of the above. :-)

"Let's be honest."

What a crock of BS.

dark2donut2dark2donut2about 5 years ago
You see, you can see it any way you want

:-)

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Yeah

last chapter was funny. This chapter says the problem was that she was bat shit crazy. Does that about sum it up?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Enjoyed this second read

Until this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WHY THIS CHAPTER IS GREAT

By reading Literotica almost every day for years, I've read thousands of stories, tending to emphasize the Loving Wives category (which is an alternate fitting category for this story). Seldom do Loving Wives authors delve into the cheating wife's rationale -- beyond her admitting "I was stupid" or "I fucked up (two ways)." capecodmercury goes where others seldom go, giving us a chapter mostly devoted to why-did-she-do-it.

Commenters find her "reasons" to be flimsy rationalizations.

Well, Hello! Go figure. Her thinking leads to cheating, lying and blowing up her family -- so, of course it is defective.

A murderer tells why he did it. Do you jump on the reporter because the murderer's reasoning is faulty?

In my last comment on chapter 3, I tried to explain why I down-rated it to 3.

This comment is about why the present chapter splendidly deserves 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She shit on him because she could and was also feeling bad

He should get back together with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More Blame Shifting

Another chapter and its devoted to more blame shifting.

Annie lost 20 pounds and her husband didn't notice and didn't appreciate her enough. Didn't feed her enough ego building kibble so she felt entitled to search elsewhere. Annie cheated because she wanted to and felt entitled to do so.

Time for the chump husband to grow a pair and finally close this chapter. But I feel the author has other plans and a reconciliation is just around the corner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So, her ridiculous insecurities are his fault?

Her lack of communication was his fault?. Maybe if she acted like a grown woman, sat her ass down with her husband and talked to him---ehh, she would've still ended up fucking Alan. She wouldn't of believed him anyway. This lady need help. She's cuckoo. She didn't trust him. I still don't like her. Her explanation was more like, trying to throw some blame on him. He kept his dick in his pant, she should've kept her legs close. She could've demanded they go to counseling, or better yet, she could've went to counseling by herself. Those were her issues not his. I think in gonna gi ahead and skip the last chapter. I don't know why you prolonged this garbage?. Could've been done in 3 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am befuddled by the fact that the cheating bitch admits her daughters were greatly affected by their loving mother's affair and breaking up the family but those are two little bitches who made Jen's life hell and practically drove her away from their father and thereby deprived him of the true love that he deserved. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Overrated piece of shit. I don't understand how this story got such a high score. Ridiculous excuses. Repulsive RAAC. Blameshifting.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - the unrelenting way this author is trying to spring an undeserved RAAC on, probably the toughest most pessimistic audience in the world - is totally unbelievable. I just have to laugh at this effort. HAHAHA

Yes, this is the last story by this author I will read.

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

Some folks don't recognize good writing when they read it. This is an articulate writer who has understood the characters he has written, and he is writing them as he perceives them. Fuck RAAC and Fuck BTB, what counts is a story well told by a writer worth reading. I'm happy with any ending as long as the writer tells an intelligent, thought provoking story in an articulate manner. 5⭐️s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. I'm not in favor of a RAAC and will be disappointed if it ends up that way but so far, it's a good story. One thing missing is payback on Alan. That is disappointing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO....

THIS HORSESHIT HAS DRONED ON LONG ENOUGH... OUT OF HERE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

bobareeno is full of elephant shit.

no I am not reading any more of this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

capecodeCUCK = cheating WHORE wife Apologist! What's the good news then dear readers??? This CUCKY Piece of Shit writer no longer post his psychobabble, RAAC trope! If any of the readers are looking for this ASSHOLE may I suggest you check his bedroom closet. Better knock first! He's mostly likely diligently working on his next "masterpiece" while waiting on his "loving wife" to bring home the NEXT real man so she can:

A. "service" him with her slimy holes

and

B. provide CapecodCUCK with new material for his next submission.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
No wonder.

When I read the comments that the anonymous trolls have written, I finally realize why our country is disintegrating. You can’t have a civilization with people whose thoughts constantly reek of unreasoning hatred.

The one nugget of satisfaction I have reading them is that I know exactly who they hate the most: themselves. And for good reason. Barely literate, constantly apoplectic with rage, spittle flying onto the screen as they scream and rant and pound their fists on the desk. I guess if I were that much of a complete loser in life, and I didn’t have the tools to improve myself, I would be angry too.

But I wouldn’t be mad at the author of a story. I’d be mad at my parents, and myself.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Wish asswipe alan got major beatdown wife said alan was not totally to blame.yes he was the piece ofshit went after a married woman

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. But wow Anne had serious mental issues. So much insecurity, listening to stupid bitter women at the gym, no trust for years, wating away at her, debased herself with Alan, wracked with guilt but unable to see the depth of her own hypocrisy, too ashamed but no confession or request for counseling, but worse the fake story for why a divorce knowing Claire will tell him eventually (though why so many months, what a bitch), then when demanding a divorce she listens to Alan and others and she tries to rake him over the coals. Each thing looked at individually seems realistic though a terrible error, but together it paints the picture of an insecure, low self-esteem, selfish bitch who makes terrible errors that drive her to shame and guilt but too hesitant or reluctant to seek an actual solution or come clean. After the second time with Alan, her shame is so strong it drives her to kill her marriage by virtue of more horrible decisions made based on misinterpretation and miscommunication. She created this fictitious story in her head of a heartless husband who no longer loves, routinely cheats on her and is going through the motions, and she becomes that heartless bitch! Somehow even though she knew what was going on from her side, she just reacted to shit and blew things out of proportion and ended up pursuing a tawdry sexual affair with dickweed Alan. Doesn't even sound like the sex was that great, she just needed a "safe harbor" of desire in the storm she created in her mind about their marriage turning it into a self fulfilling prophecy of doom. And then whe she realized she fucked up, it turned to acrimony and hate. What a mess. Sure maybe after four plus years they can be co-parents and courteous, maybe even friends, but wtf? they RAAC. This reminds me of House of Cards by Ohio. Well written, emotionally gripping but not remotely reconcilable. She needed therapy before her descent into the last few months of their marriage. She also could have hired a PI to track her husband or show up unannounced. It would have communicated to him her fear about Heather. Instead her insecurities drive her off a cliff. The first time with dickweed should have brought her have it out with her husband. She could have said she was pissed at his call and fucked Alan to get back at his hypocrisy (in her own paranoid mind) about Heather. Again hire a PI!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good insights into people can actually think. God picture of a believable (not likable or admirable) person. I wouldn't take her back, though, even granting her sincere repentance and even if one loved her, as her weaknesses here make it clear that in the future, she could go wrong in all sorts of ways. How will this person react to the hard problems that come with growing old, physical and mental losses, approaching death? Not well, I think.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A great lesson about how the people we choose as our influencers, can actually steal way from us the control of our lives.

If one does marry the person who is our best friend for life, and then stick to that, only trouble and sorrow can follow.

Great series

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous