All Comments on 'The Garbage Bag Kid'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
hrnicholhrnicholover 13 years ago
Good -- as far as it goes!

Your story was good up to the point that he left -- then it seems you wanted to hurry up and get to the reconciliation ending. You are a better story teller than that. It seems that you have something in your mind and your pen cannot catch up until the end -- resulting in a lot of missing information.

I'm reminded of a story-teller that I knew in my youth. He would get us all excited with a story line, descriptions, and motives and then "to make it short, here's the ending."

There was sufficient on this one to give us two or more additional pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I agree with Hrnichol. This was a very good story, but your pacing needs work. Another chapter would have improved the tale. Good eye for a positive, romantic and erotic fairy tale. Good character sketches.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
You usually get 5 Stars from me...but

this one only got four. The ending was really lacking. Sorry, but you editor should not have let this one get through.

jenellesljenelleslabout 13 years ago
Lovely Story

I loved the story. It seemed a little quick in the love connection, the smoothed out from there. Good characters. The end also seems a bit quick.

I'm working on a story of my own and my mind keeps racing ahead of my keyboard. This story has helped me a lot. Thank you.

sqheadgermansqheadgermanabout 12 years ago
CCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

OK story... Keep up the great job... sqhead

loverofloveloverofloveover 11 years ago
eh

it started out good but the end make up sucked

ByronBrandtByronBrandtover 11 years ago

Would have been nice to get more closure at the end, but a lovely story nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
nice story

very very good story loved reading it

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
huh?

doesn't make sense. i like the story. however, why did she go out with rod? why didn't he warn her about rod? why did he leave before rod was dealt with, knowing he is a sexual predator? need to work on this. still enjoyed it though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
KIDS

On an intellectual level they seem to be acting more like a couple of good teenage kids in love for the first time. All idealism but only marginally practical.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
There was some strangeness as he "dealt" with Rod

He did not so much deal with him as much as he got ready to deal with him then left -

He had issue - not so much with trust per se - but with self image and confidence as well as communication - similar to many of your heroes - and he failed to deal with that weakness and it threatened him, his wife and their child.

His obligation - pending actual activity the proved differently was to protect her from the predator even if she did not recognize the threat - she never clearly dis-respected him or did anything to lead him to think she was anything but true to him his insecurities did that.

Ah well it all worked and the deputies got to have some fun helping him\, not sure why the arrested him if they were arresting the scum bag ???

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Good story, I agree with Storm.

Maybe it added drama to the story but I did not like that part. The rest of the story was really good. I just don't know why the author had to write in this pregnant woman going out to dinner with a man not her husband and taking a drink. Left a bad taste in my mouth but since it is just a story I will not worry about it, if I could I would write a better story. Since I cannot write I will just shut up and let the authors do the writing.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
I also agree

I also agree with storm. Throwing Rod into this story was unnecessary and sort of warped the story and changed its feel. This seems to be the propensity of this author to change horses in mid stream during a story and send it off in a different direction for no apparent reason. The end result is it detracts from the story instead of enhancing it.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
nice gave it a 5

all the way through this story, it was too perfect a life for anyone. throwing in Rod, put a little reality into the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Got Lost

Kind of got lost somewhere along the way to the end. Weird......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I Liked Katie Until She Turned On Her Husband

Put Katie back in a garbage bag and take her back to her incestuous daddy and uncle. Any woman who comes straight up from a drunken, drug-induced unconsciousness and tells her loving husband that she hates him for killing her would be rapist and murderer doesn't deserve the wonderful life her husband had provided. Let her die of pneumonia or HIV.

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 8 years ago
Agree with comment about perplexing tangents

Also don't understand why she had a dinner date with someone other than her husband, especially when she had professed life long fidelity. Odd!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
well, what a crap, sorry

gets them couple of hours to go from stranger to fuck. telling he is millionair and deciding in mariage, in your dreams. Get a Life

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Don't Think So!

After how she was treating me, I'd of divorced her, paid the child support and packed my things and left.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

great story but the ending could have been much better and longer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fucktard.

Come on. This numbskull is so pathetic it makes you want to barf. There should be some mechanism on this site to allow removal of stories that are this egregious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Don't quit your day job. You clearly have no future writing.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

The romance was rushed.

Why was she out on a dinner date with another man?

Why was he arrested for the death?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story till the end . But you should have carried on .They should have

talked about the baby. All the things that took place. And a beautiful make

make up. your left your readers hanging at the end . Not a good thing to do.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous