All Comments on 'Enter the Cat Ch. 09'

by Mygypsy

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Joy Joy Happy to see this chapter

Excellent chapter. I am enthralled with your detailed descriptive writing style.I can visualize your words clearly,it brings the reader into your world of the cats. Love Rosy's progression as well.Hope it works out for her and Micah,well done.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgealmost 12 years ago
Shifter stories don't get better than this.

Your attention to the characters' behavior, both as humans and cats, is superb. In the chapter's opening, the tension in the truck was beautifully wrought, setting up the delightful beach scene. I also admired how well you built the situation in which Rosy was trapped in the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" predicament between Wade and Micah. A less adept writer would not have been able to bring about the revelation for the readers at the same time that Micah received it to explain what was really going on.

This is a tantalizing chapter for all your readers who are aching to see Rosy and Micah get together. For every two steps forward of course, there's always one back. The hunting date didn't look like it was going to happen because of the problems Wade created, but was delightful when it did. I always enjoy how vivid you make the characters' feline interactions. I especially admire how you keep Micah-as-cat uncertain as to what Rosie's going to do next. That way it's doubly pleasing when Rosie returns his expressions of interest.

Plus I always get a kick out of the bits of language and life you include that are uniquely Australian. It makes the story seem very authentic despite its fantasy nature.

I can't wait for "Enter the Cat" to rejoin "To Love a Stray," not because I haven't thoroughly enjoyed it, but because I'm so anxious to learn what happens next. Wade has been such an insensitive guy, and we don't know how he's going to react to Rosy's impending heroism (which is coming in the companion story, TLAS).

Thanks so much for this rich and very satisfying chapter. It takes tremendous effort to create a story with this degree of craft and imagination. We Literotica readers are lucky beneficiaries of your work.

NightpleasureNightpleasurealmost 12 years ago
Loved the update.

Why is the alpha being an ass. Hopefully rosy and Micah relationship will grow.

pleasureseeker5pleasureseeker5almost 12 years ago
Well written chapter

The motivations behind the characters are much clearer and easier to understand. Glad that you will now be integrating the two stories. I read your newest chapter of To Love a Stray before this one, and it was shocking and upsetting. The continuous unfair treatment of Rosy is hard to swallow. (Perhaps there's a challenge brewing between Wade and Micah?)

TxBookGirlTxBookGirlalmost 12 years ago
Thanks for Writing

I am so glad you are continuing to write. I hope it is a sign things are going good in your home life. If I remember correctly your mother was ill. I wish the best for you and your family:-)

I really love the way you write. It makes me want to go down to Australia and really see it. Your characters seem so real considering this is fantasy. I love that they all screw up at one point or another just like we do in real life.

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago
Was glad to see an update!

I have to say that I have enjoyed this story being told from Micah's point of view. I think it is very difficult for the same story to be told from different points of view and still be good and not too repetitive that it gets boring. You succeeded in doing a good job on that.

Wade is an asshole. He's clearly trying to sabotage Micah and her's relationship. What a manipulative bastard. The thing I'm not understanding is why are Sam and Mitchell acting like she's the virgin whose chastity must be protected all cost? They sniff her to see if he's done anything to her and yet a bit back she was sleeping with chris and fucking around with him and it wasn't a problem. I just don't get it. I have to express some frustration and the fact that he didn't get anywhere physically with her. I'd have liked to see some more heat between them. I could see it going well for them to have sex when she invites him during her next heat, but if they could at least have both been sober that night. I would have liked to see her choose to go in to his room to sleep at the end. I am wondering what the meeting is about. I can't remember. And I can't remember who Jeddah is. A relative? Why can Rosey be told to go with seemingly no choice? I am wondering how long she can handle being hemmed in and ordered around all the time. It just doesn't seem feasible when she was such a free spirit and on her own up till she came here. I really did like the fact that Micah is taking a step back and looking at situations instead of reacting with his temper or judgements. I Like that he is beginning to see things and understand Rosey better. Looking at how she views things as a human and not a cat and what rules she's been told, etc. Overall a good chapter. Please bring on some action between them soon! I wonder how they are going to deal with Wade. he's really bringing the clan down in my opinion. He's causing a lot of unrest in his own clan. It makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow, Reading between the two stories has my heart working overtime.

Welcome back, I hope all is well. I did not know which version of the story to read first and I wish I read this one first. MIcah is trying where as Wade and Edwin are trying their luck. That is all I am going to say, seeing how I wrote an entire article on your other version. I really do what to see how this story pans out and I am routing for Micah and Rosie to find there way together and I am routing for Wade and Edwin to get a serious wake up call. Not sure if I want anyone dead really, but I would not mind if they felt like they were dying or dead to whom they actually cared about. Abuse anyway you want to look at it is wrong..., and the consequences of forcing your will should be all about painful recognition of your misdeeds. A simple I am sorry will not do. That person should feel a lasting and meaningful loss. They can find redemption in another story. Just my opinion.

TheHuntersMistressTheHuntersMistressalmost 12 years ago
another fantastic piece

Just when it seems Mica's won Rosy's heart and trust... something happens. No but I am really hoping they get together and remain happy :) Wish I could write like you Mygypsy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I love this story and was thrilled to see an update. It was well worth the wait. You do an excellent job of moving the story along and developing the characters.

I am curious to see how you end up resolving some of the issues - I'm not sure if any of them are due to ulterior motives on Wade/Edwin's part or if (at least for Wade) he really is doing what he thinks is best and just sucks as a communicator / doesn't realize that he is sending (or indirectly causing) all kinds of mixed messages. I hope more of this eventually gets wrapped up.

I hope all is going well at home - it sounded like you had a lot on your plate earlier.

PoisonlovePoisonlovealmost 12 years ago
Loving it!

After reading Rosey's version I was mad with Micah but this side shows so much!!!! I'm in love with him!! you gotta make them finally find happiness, love is cooking in that pan so LET IT WORK! I definitely concur with many here, Wade deserves his Karma, he's been an ass...... Please, don't drive us crazy looking for your work for a long time, if you need help, I'm here!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Confusion

I've read both versions and enjoyed them a hell of a lot. I have to say though you're sorely in need of an editor. The two pieces make much more sense combined than stand alone. I also have to say that your main characters actions don't match up. There are a lot of contradictions. I'd say go back, combine the two and change some and fine tune other bits. It will make such a difference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I love both stories!!

I absolutely loved both stories! Please please find a way that Micah and Rosy can end up together!! They are such a fabulous couple!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
OMG!!

This was the best yet! It should be a full length book!! I want it to go on! Please?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

""You ever been lonely?" Rosy yells turning to face Malcolm placing her back to me. "Really lonely? Not just a little bit, but so lonely it feels like no one else exists? So lonely you put up with shit you swore you'd never take from anyone, just to be near another living creature?""

Such a heartbreaking statement.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous