All Comments on 'Unaccompanied Minor'

by demure101

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
DesejoDesejoover 11 years ago
Great subject -

and an unexpected one. It makes me wonder about the full story, and what comes next. This year, in the spirit of exercising my own mind, I want to make substantive comments and questions to learn from other poets. So bear with me here (smile).

Second stanza, last line. Why did you use "our" northern skies, instead of just the northern sky's, or foreign skies?

The final stanza is awkward to me. A comma after wonder would help, as it is it almost feels like it should read frightened wonder OF his new captor (which I know is not correct). Suggest "this new and unfamiliar insecurity" rather than "a new and unfamiliar insecurity".

I wonder too if you could add a darker dimension to the "captor", and whether most people will grasp the fact that yes, traffickers often do end up owning those they "help".

Really liked this.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
TORN ASUNDER FROM FAMILY AND HOME

War is really reality if action, TK U MLJ LV NV

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 11 years ago
Todays' newspapers say

Emma Watson was refused entry into USA @ JFK airport by the Border Agency on suspicions of being an illegal unaccompanied minor !!?

DawnJDawnJover 11 years ago
The lengths to which we go...

...to secure the future. Sometimes, that "security" is bought at a dear price.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous